MaxVapor E-Nail - 2018 Version

JigMelon

I might shoot you an email as well; knocking it down a bit without a coil definitely helps with budgeting.

Edit: Also, if there is any possibility of preordering in installments, that would be great.

JigMelon,

Elemen0py

Yep I got you, send us an email if you haven't already.
I'd love to hit you up for a test unit but tbh I don't think I'm going to be much use to you. I'm not as much of a power user as most here when it comes to concentrates. If you're just after someone to confirm it runs down under on the 240V Australian grid then by all means I'd be happy to, but otherwise I feel like I'd be taking advantage.

Elemen0py,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I might shoot you an email as well; knocking it down a bit without a coil definitely helps with budgeting.

Edit: Also, if there is any possibility of preordering in installments, that would be great.

We added a Coupon Code for the shopping cart, if you enter "FCNOCOIL" your pre-order will be discounted by $25 and come with just the controller (no coil or nail).

Regarding paying in installments, our shopping cart should have Sezzle enabled when you checkout which lets you do a payment plan on the enail.

JigMelon

@maxvapor710 That's awesome, thank you for accommodating those two requests. Looks like I'll be getting one of these sooner that I thought! I got some number crunching to do but I'll probably place my preorder this weekend.

JigMelon,

SilentJ

Any update on the video showing the App and unit in use? I’d like to see this before I put down a preorder.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Me too. Been deciding to order this now or get a ruby insert now and was looking for any videos of even the older models.

***Edit***
Ruby is ordered. Now i need to see this badboy in action before i drop $300. The whole HN saga has everyone on their toes with this purchase.

Last edited:

YabbaDABBAdo

Well this sounds very interesting......after the hex’s complete utter failure I’ve been in the market for a new set up, if what is being implemented on this device is true and everything will be open sourced and features will be similar this might be a great srep forward where hex dropped the ball and stole it from people. @maxvapor710 Will the unit be ugradeable/ or for people who build their own units to incorporate a touch screen in the build its self? Not knocking the unit at all because I know nothing yet about the device but info on here and online or yet to see it in action but wish the unit was a bit more modern looking. I’m very interested in seeing it in action though it’s very promising looking to be the next generation enail

JigMelon

@YabbaDABBAdo The full unit isn't being open sourced; it runs on a proprietary PCB with proprietary software. The open source aspect will be the API to communicate with the PCB via the serial port that they are allowing owners to utilize. That being said, that's still a hell of a lot better than everything else around! The fact that it will be legal to create, distribute, discuss, and collaborate with others on your own firmware is soooooo sick. The possibilities make me happy :D

Last edited:

SilentJ

Well this is not exactly a promising turn of events. We’re going on almost two weeks waiting for a simple video. It’s been complete radio silence from @maxvapor710. This is starting to feel like HexNail 2.0. I can’t be the only one who refuses to put down money for a preorder when the vendor can’t meet a simple request and their own word.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Is it possible to switch the screen to other - not so colorful - themes? I prefer simple 2-colour ones (black on white/green on black for example).
And it'd be great if the display would be a bit larger

Elemen0py

I have to admit, the radio silence has got me looking for reasons to be skeptical at this point.

On that note, I'm having a hard time figuring this thing out. The website lists the 2018 version for which they're taking pre-orders as the fifth iteration of the MaxVapor enail. Preceding this was the Aluminum model, the MaxVapor wifi, the Version 2, and then the version 1 which was apparently released back on July 3, 2014.

But then if I google "MaxVapor enail" all I get are links to the MaxVapor atomizer and any for the actual enail are for the 2018 version. I find it a bit weird that there's nothing showing up for older versions, particularly in the form of user discussion.

The only user content I can find is this FC thread from May 2017 where someone is asking about the unit, and mentions that the drop has sold out but another is coming. The only reply from someone else in that thread is from someone who says, "I actually ordered one of these around thanksgiving... after about 5 days of no shipping notice or even movement beyond processing... I called... It turned out they needed some pieces to finish the box which would take another 2 weeks... I kinda got turned off and got an Auber. The box looks great... I'm a little skeptical tho... for all of its features... and a 200 something price tag? ...who knows." Comment edited slightly by me for readability. But keep that in mind; the user claimed that they were quoted two weeks on a finished aluminum chassis for the unit in May 2017, and going into September 2018 I haven't seen a single image of the Aluminum chassis that wasn't a 3D render.

If I set google to return searches no later than 2017, I get this result from October 2016, which I presume is the MaxVapor wifi that the current site says came out in August 2016. You'll notice that the top of the page says "new Max Vapor enail for 2017". If you scroll the image of the unit (still a 3D render, of course) at the top to the right, you'll find a couple of pictures of what I presume are the old Max Vapor units. What I find strange here is that the site and product itself is labeled simply as "Vapor Enail", and if you look closely at the screens of the two older units, they are clearly photoshopped. On the third image you can easily see that the text "Vapor Enail" has been pasted over something else:

yjwKanm.jpg

(lolwhat)

Other weird things... This November 2017 page on Naturesdab.com, a site that seems primarily dedicated to the MaxVapor Enail, lists the aluminum unit as in stock and retailing for $500. It also claims to be the wifi and Bluetooth LE version. The naturesdab insta also just has two 3D renders of the MaxVapor enail and a photo of a bud. As for the MaxVapor insta, there's photos of the chassis for the somewhat janky looking old model of the MaxVapor, as well as pics of the supposed internals of the new unit, prototypes that appear to have a 3D printed chassis, and of course the ever present 3D render.

Speaking of those old MaxVapor enails, I'm still yet to find anything showing one out and about in the wild and can only find links to older sites such as this. You'll notice the buy buttons don't actually go anywhere that would complete a sale. I'm giving this one the benefit of the doubt and presuming it's an old site for the old model that isn't in use but hasn't been taken down.

I'm not definitively calling bullshit on this yet but there's definitely a level of potential bamboozle here that I can only describe as significantly fucky. We've got dates that don't align, a whole bunch of different sites with different branding, and no concrete proof of the actual units- just 3D renders. I've gone from moderately hyped to extremely skeptical and unwilling to follow this any further until I see irrefutable proof of a working and shipped product (preferably in the form of a video) with happy customers, and I recommend that everyone else here does the same.

Blargas541

Wow, things took a pretty bizzarre turn all of a sudden!

I agree it's pretty weird that there's no images of an existing unit. Not sure what to think about all the websites supposedly selling the unit. Maybe they are scammers unrelated to MaxVapor? Hard to say.

The lack of communication or demo video is enough to turn me off, anyway. Pre-orders for drug paraphernalia never seems to work out. Guy is probably on a beach in Jamaica spending that pre-order money now

SilentJ

The thing that started to make me wonder wtf was going on after the radio silence was that the maxvapor.com site has a Content Not Found message when you try to hit a preorder. I also will not be ordering anything until I see a working unit via video. I don’t need an instructional vid, just show that it’s not just “vapor”. This is actually very disappointing as I recently acquired one of their boxmod atomizer setups from a friend that I love to use so I felt a bit more comfortable with giving my money but I’m not having a repeat of the HN. Guess I’ll be looking at a KubeOne. Shame none can do what the HN and this enail claimed to do. Is it really that hard to have a smart connected enail in this day?

Top Bottom