marcuss' yellow stuff thread (Extra Virgin Vape-Oil)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yiuneek

hey everyone. this thread has been so helpful for cleaning the glass parts of my Arizer Extreme. So thank you very much (especially Marcuss) :D. I have some rummy looking alcohol evaporating right now. I'm not using a heat source. Instead to speed up the process I put a fan close to the glass jar the liquid is in. I filtered the particles out with some cheese cloth. I figure over night it should be done evaping. It's crazy how the fumes are filling my kitchen. MAkes me dizzy :ko: It 's the first time I collect the honey with iso, so i'm not sure what i'm going to do with it yet. Maybe mix with herb and vape it.
One little problem I encountered was with the short tubing for the elbow piece used with bags on the Extreme. After having soaked the little tube in iso (92%), not only has the tube turned milky white, it is also gotten much much harder. Any ideas on how to make it go back to normal, if possible at all? :/

WeDontThink said:
( ps. i just cooked banana bread with a months worth of vaped herbs..... amazing, almost to poweful, only one slice next time........and not at work!!!:o:o
what kind of ratio: vaped herbs : serving did you use??

:peace:

yiuneek,

yiuneek

after many uses the small tubing from my E used for the bags is still really hard from the iso. but the whiteness has gone away and it has a yellow tint now. It is just really really hard, it only softens up when it gets real warm, but as soon as it cools it hardens up (i'm talking hard like glass).... any ideas if this is permanent and why it happened, it's been about a week since i put it back into use

yiuneek,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Y - after many uses the small tubing from my E used for the bags is still really hard from the iso. but the whiteness has gone away and it has a yellow tint now. It is just really really hard, it only softens up when it gets real warm, but as soon as it cools it hardens up (i'm talking hard like glass).... any ideas if this is permanent and why it happened, it's been about a week since i put it back into use
IMO, to be safe check w/ the company who makes the tubing about 'safe' cleaning (you may even be surprised at the safety specs of the tubing itself :rolleyes: ) We also have a tubing thread with some info I believe ;) .

Please post your findings, as this could be good information for those interesting in extracting the 'yellow stuff (extra virgin vape oil)' from their tubing.

edit: To be fair, the tubing IS very similar to the tubing that MANY other vape companies provide....

Progress,

yiuneek

Progress said:
Y - after many uses the small tubing from my E used for the bags is still really hard from the iso. but the whiteness has gone away and it has a yellow tint now. It is just really really hard, it only softens up when it gets real warm, but as soon as it cools it hardens up (i'm talking hard like glass).... any ideas if this is permanent and why it happened, it's been about a week since i put it back into use
IMO, to be safe check w/ the company who makes the tubing about 'safe' cleaning (you may even be surprised at the safety specs of the tubing itself :rolleyes: ) We also have a tubing thread with some info I believe ;) .

Please post your findings, as this could be good information for those interesting in extracting the 'yellow stuff (extra virgin vape oil)' from their tubing.

edit: To be fair, the tubing IS very similar to the tubing that MANY other vape companies provide....
Well, the tube is the short one that comes with the extreme. I assumed they used very high quality tubing...

yiuneek,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
it says in the manual for the extreme to NOT soak the tubing in alchohol. im not sure if that is the reason but they do warn against it.

when filtering the rum concction through coffee filters, does the filter not absorb some THC also?

modnote: posts merged, please use the edit feature.

illadelph,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
You want to be safe? Only soak glass. High quality stainless steel should be fine too.

Tubing is porous and may react undesirably.

when filtering the rum concction through coffee filters, does the filter not absorb some THC also?
Paper filters absorb some liquid, yes. Trim off the excess to minimize this.

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
ciao vaporists...the "e" tubing after few soaking become hard but after a while seems to come back soft....anyway as Vtac says to be safe just soak the glass and enjoy the yellow stuff!
I do use a fine mesh filter to avoid that issue!

marcuss,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i have a few more days left till my honey bun is done. im a virgin to the virgin oil so it should be interesting. ill be on spring break when its ready so ill try to post up some pics. lol i would have never thought that that buildup was useful nor the fact that ABV can make such cannon baked goods.

illadelph,

joesalamon

Well I already got a bunch of honey forming on mine. Im excited to grab some iso and do this already. I would love to have some oil right now.... I got over a gram of grade a keif... Anything fun I should do with it besides just putting it on a bowl?

joesalamon,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
Is the filtering necessary when one vapes the results? Seems it wouldn't be any different in vaping whole herb--the goodness is extracted and the plant matter would be left behind? [Anxiously awaiting massive build-up in DBV whip!]

Phaang,

marcuss

above the clouds
filtering it is not necessary IMO since you remix it with plant material to re-vape it!

marcuss,

HoneyAir

When I skipped the filtering and used iso to clear out my wand tube...

The problem was that my tube also had some of the plant material that made it past my screen.

It sat in the alcohol as it dried, so it leached out the really BAD stuff.

UGH! I tried to force myself to use it, got high off it but the taste was so bad I threw the rest out.

The next time I used a simple, single coffee filter the difference was TOTAL. This stuff smelled GOOD... not nasty like the unfiltered stuff.

If your honey in your tube has no plant material speckled along the tube like mine was, you can probably skip the filter then.

HoneyAir,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
good tip..thank you :D

Im not sure if all of you read it but, I had some vapor/keif rich 99% iso evaporating in a bowl the other day..the wash was becoming very thick so I piled it all into the middle of the bowl and poured in half a bowls load of AVB. soaked all the thick sludge in the duff and proceeded to smoke it...mighty bowl she was. luckilly I had a carbon filter hooked up to my bong

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

savemylungs

I would recommend we do some more research on the interactions of iso alcohol with rubbers/plastics cause I'm looking around on google and many of them DO react and create byproducts. javascript:insert_text(':o',%20''); Iso doesn't react with ALL rubbers but the consensus around the web seems to be don't try it unless you're sure. I'd be happy to do more research if anyone can figure out the specific name or compound of the rubber tubbing we're cleaning.

I'm also wondering if in light of this I shouldn't be cleaning my black plastic pieces from the cano. Currently I just take off my old bag and throw everything else minus the rubber washers into iso overnight then rinse(I actually forgot to take the washers off once and they seemed to expand so that cant be good). Anyone know what material the cano plastic is and what whip rubbers we're trying to clean?

This seems to be pretty important since we're all about healthiest way to get lifted here!

savemylungs,

marcuss

above the clouds
HoneyAir said:
When I skipped the filtering and used iso to clear out my wand tube...

The problem was that my tube also had some of the plant material that made it past my screen.

It sat in the alcohol as it dried, so it leached out the really BAD stuff.

UGH! I tried to force myself to use it, got high off it but the taste was so bad I threw the rest out.

The next time I used a simple, single coffee filter the difference was TOTAL. This stuff smelled GOOD... not nasty like the unfiltered stuff.

If your honey in your tube has no plant material speckled along the tube like mine was, you can probably skip the filter then.
as you know in the ABV and also in the yellow stuff inside the whip all the volatile and tastefull therpenoids are already lost (you already took them) so the taste is not as fresh as if you do this with some fresh material....filtering it you take apart some plant material but you can't recover something that is already gone....and a good part will remain in the coffie filter.
I do filter as well when i see too much plant material in the ISO but if you see just a little the filtering is up to you!

marcuss,

g124v17y

Wow, after reading through this ENTIRE thread I feel as though I can FINALLY give something back to the people here at FC. I am a seasoned hash oil maker. I am a chemist of sorts(although I haven't worked as one for a while) and I know a lot about thc oil. Basically, I'm saying you can ask me questions and I will see if I can answer.

To all of you who have really bad tasting oil:
You MUST filter out any solid matter from your cleaning. If you do not, the ISO that you are using will take a lot more than just THC out, including chlorophyll and other plant oils that taste and smell terrible! This is an oil maker's worst enemy. Butane does NOT do that at all. It does not take out anything but THC! However, I would NEVER recommend anyone ever use butane because it is EXPLOSIVE. If you light ISO on fire, it will burn about a 4 foot high flame, butane will EXPLODE and you will probably die, or be very badly injured. Alcohol removes ANYTHING and the higher potency the less interaction time you want with the plant matter. The way I clean my GLASS things, is first I pour iso SLOWLY through the stem with my thumb on the smaller end. (I use 91% iso, highest potency I can find without special ordering.) You have to let your thumb off a little to let some air in through the bottom, but catch the few drops that fall on the large flat plate you plan on evaporating on. Once the tube is almost full, cap the other end with your other thumb. Basically what you do now is shake the little bit of air that got trapped in their through the stuck on plant matter to get it off. THIS SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE THAN 30 SECONDS! The less time the better, because you don't want those shitty tasting oils. As soon as most of the shit is off, pour the ISO plant mixture through at LEAST 2 coffee filters. I don't mean put 2 coffee filters together, I mean let one sit on the plate and have one above it using a chem stand or just holding it up. Then pour your mixture through the first coffee filter and let the drips fall into the second coffee filter. Once you are done, you can rerun ISO through the glass piece again to make sure everything is really out. Pour the second run again through the coffee filter setup. Once all is done, you can take the first coffee filter (with the bit of plant matter) and squeeze it out into the second filter. This is really why the second filter is there, because when you squeeze it out the first usually rips. Then squeeze out the second filter all onto a wide plate or multiple wide plates. (depending on how much iso you have used) The best thing here is to let it evap in a well ventilated room with a fan blowing gently over the plate. DO NOT BREATH IN THE VAPORS! Alcohol does evaporate and you CAN breath it in and get "drunk"but the amount can not be measured and therefor should not be attempted because you can pass out in the room and eventually die from breathing in so much alcohol vapor. The thc oil does not smell like weed until ALL of the alcohol has evaporated. The process of evaping usually takes about 8 hours with a fan on. You really have to make sure the plate is completely dry before scraping. You should be able to touch the plate with your hand without anything sticking to your hand. If anything still moves on the plate than it is WAY to early. The way I tell is I wait until the room stops smelling of alcohol and then I touch the plate. If the plate doesn't smell like alcohol, and it is dry to the touch (like a sticky residue but nothing sticking to your hand) then you can get your razor blade and scrape it up onto the blade.

To get it off of the blade you can use a lighter and quickly run the flame over the oil so it becomes wet again and drips off of the blade onto, well, whatever. You can smoke the oil by itself, basically all you have to do is heat up a surface. DO NOT TOUCH THE FLAME TO THE OIL TO SMOKE OR YOU WILL KILL THC BY TURNING IT INTO CARBON. You can heat the bottom of a tin foil spoon or something and drip the oil on that, grab a straw and start sucking. (BY THE WAY YOU CAN NOT TOUCH THE STUFF THAT IS ON THE BLADE! IT SHOULD NOT BE VERY STICKY BUT THE OILS FROM YOUR HANDS CAN CONTAMINATE IT AND MAKE IT LESS QUALITY) What I do is grab some kief or even bud well ground and mix it with the oil until you have some VERY sticky green to work with. The plant matter here prevents the oils from your hand from getting absorbed so no worries about that anymore. YOU NEED A LOT LESS TO GET THE SAME HIGH SO DON'T WASTE IT ALL AT ONCE. Use a little bit at a time until you feel like you are toasted.

Rubber is tricky with ISO. Basically, only food grade rubber is designed to come into contact with alcohol. I don't know what kind you use but you should find out. All rubber is capable of a quick wash however. You can pour the iso straight through the rubber onto the coffee filter setup. I would not recommend soaking rubber in ISO because if you leave it there for too long (I'm talking months but just to show you what I mean) The tubing will be almost completely gone. As for those of you with the glass like rubber problem: the alcohol has absorbed some parts of the rubber unintentionally, another plus for butane but the exploding death thing I think is bad enough to never use it. The rubber is now "cured" and solid. I am pretty sure that if you heat the rubber until it is soft again, and then soak the warmed rubber in oil like WD-40 it should reabsorb the oil and become manageable again. You would then have to do a sand wash afterward to get all of the WD-40 out but it should work. Not sure how safe it is to smoke from though either. Any other questions for me please ask on this thread or PM me.

Safe smoking everyone!

g124v17y,

The_Algebraist

WOW!! So now I know NOT to clean my wand regularly. Does a single wand alone, in this condition, have enough condensed vapor on it to produce a usable amount of oil?

wand-zoom.jpg

The_Algebraist,

g124v17y

wow, well yes lol. I clean mine WAAAY before it gets to that point, but I just never have the patients to wait :-p. if you do what I said you will have a lot of oil to use. you could probably mix the oil you get with anywhere from 2-5 grams of bud. The higher quality the better (kief is premium). by the way this is essentially making hash. if youve ever smoked or vaped hash you will feel the same effect. like i said you dont need as much to get fucked up so if you mix it with about 4grams of top quality bud or keif you will need very little of it each time you use it. it will last a while.

g124v17y,

The_Algebraist

Thanks for the info. I'll plan to vape the shit out of my SSV for a few weeks, save all of the kief from my Space Case and make some lovely hash action. Just to be clear mix the oil with some kief and roll into little balls and then vape?

g124v17y said:
wow, well yes lol. I clean mine WAAAY before it gets to that point, but I just never have the patients to wait :-p. if you do what I said you will have a lot of oil to use. you could probably mix the oil you get with anywhere from 2-5 grams of bud. The higher quality the better (kief is premium). by the way this is essentially making hash. if youve ever smoked or vaped hash you will feel the same effect. like i said you dont need as much to get fucked up so if you mix it with about 4grams of top quality bud or keif you will need very little of it each time you use it. it will last a while.

The_Algebraist,

marcuss

above the clouds
great post g12 and thanks to share your knowledge here...i agree with you about the rubber...only food grade and quick wash...no soak overnight to avoid white and hard things!
About the the bad taste we are talking about, just remember that here we are using oil that is first extracted via vaporization and then we got something different from a usual thc oil extraced from fresh plant material.
In this case we start with a less tasty material because with high temps the flavonoids and terpenoids longside almost all the THC are already gone in the vaporist lungs!!
Filtering can help to get a cleaner material but if you test it you will find no volatile oils and just a little bit of THC but a good % of CBD and CBN that resist well at vaporizazion temps....a good oil for medical users IMO but not the flavorful and tasty oil that you can get from a bunch of fresh bio weed!

safe VAPING everyone!

marcuss,

g124v17y

Agreed marcuss. i was talking about if a little bit of plant material was left in the stem, or if say the screen broke and some plant material got through. basically what happens is the leftover vapor in the tube condenses and becomes something that resembles resin, but isnt, its almost pure thc and other canabanoids. what it is exactly depends on what temp you vape at. I do agree that it will never taste like good hash oil, but you can get it almost that good with a good filtration system.

L8R

g124v17y,

WeDontThink

Hey guys, as I write this all my glass extreme parts are soaking in a nice tall glass of 91%ISO. After the soak im going to pour the liquid into a shallow glass casserole type dish so i can scrape it easy.

My question: I have a bunch of kief saved up in the bottom of my grinder, could i sprinkle this on the oil while its still in the dish?(but after the iso has evaporated of course)

would it make scraping it easier? and would it make it some kinda hash type craziness instead of just oil? i dont have a lot of kief maybe just about half of what the catcher can hold. but i think it would still be enough to be worth it. Do you guys think its a good idea?

ps. HAPPPPYYYYY 420 EVERYONE!!!! PEACE LOVE AND VAPORZ!!!!!

WeDontThink,

g124v17y

No lol. Scraping the oil up isn't difficult. All you have to do is make sure that the dish is COMPLETELY dry. You should be able to touch the dish and feel that it has a substance on it, but it shouldn't stick to your hand. It could take up to 2 days to reach this point depending on how much alcohol is used. Once the oil is scraped you should be able to take it off of the blade with your fingers and roll it into a ball. THEN you can roll it in kief and it will give you something that you can stick in your vape. Either that or roll it in good bud. If you do roll it in kief I recommend you stick a cotton ball in the bottom of the bowl or something to prevent it from dripping into your extreme.

Happy 420 everyone!

*EDIT* by the way, this shit that you are talking about making, is fuking incredible. I do it as often as I can. Good luck to you!

g124v17y,

max

Out to lunch
I guess you could do that but it would probably be more efficient to just add a little kief to the top of some herb. I think you'd lose a little mixing it in with stuff you have to scrape up-stuff that can be dry and flakey.

max,

WeDontThink

max said:
I guess you could do that but it would probably be more efficient to just add a little kief to the top of some herb. I think you'd lose a little mixing it in with stuff you have to scrape up-stuff that can be dry and flakey.
Scraping the oil up isn't difficult. All you have to do is make sure that the dish is COMPLETELY dry. You should be able to touch the dish and feel that it has a substance on it, but it shouldn't stick to your hand.
wouldnt what im scraping up out of the dish be gooey and sticky like honey? since its like honey when you scrape it directly off the elbow piece or tubing, i assumed it wud be the same when scraping off the glass dish?

g124v17y: the cotton is safe to place in my extreme bowl? i wont be inhaling anything from it? should i place the scrapings just directly on top of the cotton?

WeDontThink,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom