marcuss' yellow stuff thread (Extra Virgin Vape-Oil)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I love his name for it: Extra Virgin Vapor Oil. Not sure about the name of this thread... :lol:

Some people scrape butter along the inside of a well used vape bag and use the butter.

My SSV's glass wand has a decent coating of resin after a couple ounces.

wand-resin.jpg

Condensed vapor and small bits that found a way through the screen.

bowl-resin.jpg

The bowl end is more of a caked on kif like substance.

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Dude...killer pics, but I can't for the life of me figure out what that first one is.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
Dude...killer pics, but I can't for the life of me figure out what that first one is.
It's a close up shot of this area on the wand.

wand-zoom.jpg

Again, crappy pic; color is way off. I need to take some shots in natural light.

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
Wow! So does that mean that shit is going in my lungs?
Some particulate matter is always going to get through the screen, vaporizer, or combustion pipe. With a whip there's more distance for the air to travel/more chance of the particles getting stuck along the line. My tubing has very little buildup compared to the wand. Your tongue/mouth probably catches some as well, being moist. Using a bag/balloon might be a little better, too.

I agree with you, it's not appealing to think of. But, personally I'm more worried about being in a highly dusty environment. Those pics do look kind of gross in a way, but then again, my friends want to break my wand and collect the resin to smoke. :lol:

This is also another reason I love running my whip / water+ice filtration system... hard to beat water as a filter for particulate matter. :)

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Gotcha. So with the Silver Surfer, using the wand has no tube...just straight from the bowl to the wand, right?

I get nothing like that with my Extreme. The tubing between the bowl and the bag, about four inches worth, has a yellow tint to it that, when in use, is a liquid that slowly rolls toward the bag. That tube has probably seen about a quarter to a half oz worth of action.

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
Ok..Voil la ricetta! Super easy but a bit long waiting!!

Ingredients:

95% ethyl alcohol (grain alcohol)
1 slim and tall glass
Plastic wrap
Lots of bowls,screens,wands and all glass parts!!

Fill 3/4 with alcohol a glass that allow one or more of your glassware.You must keep them submerged for at least 5/6 hours.Cover the glass with plastic to avoid a fast alcohol evaporation.
After this put the glass under hot tap water and it will be new again!!
When the alcohol in the glass became brown like a dark rum(if you use all glass vapes will be soon!!) you can leave it open for few days or make it faster if you put it close to a heater.
At the end you'll find a nice yellow stiky oil with some small debrids inside in the bottom's glass.
Now the better part.....take some small leaves that usually are lowgrade vapor and mix it with your extravirgin vapoil in the glass until the glass is cleaned.
Don't use your hands!!too stiky!!!A teaspoon it's ok!
Better grind up leaves before the mix so you can take a pinch straight to the extreme or everywhere else and release the bomb!
I admit...try smoke it and make me k.o!!
stay in the cloud little more...then i drop some nice pics!!

marcuss,

marcuss

above the clouds
I know i'm not a genie and this recepy is like discover hot water but for me it's a big step into the "no waste my plant" territory...also i keep all my glass clean and stealthy.....don't let your wand so dirty vaportactician if you want to clean it easier and faster!
Extract your vapoil and dress your salad!!:)

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Yeah Marcuss! That's what I'm talkin about!

Great idea. So the extraction uses alcohol, similar to making hash, I guess (never done that either, but have read up on it).

Questions:
1 -- How much herb do you usually go through before you do this? I go through about a quarter per month.
2 -- Do you have any before and after pics of your glass?

Thanks for the recipe!

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
i agree with stickstones the extreme ballon's whip and the vapolution aiw bowl get this yellow honey after little use. From vaportactician's pics seems that ssv buildup is different but i'm sure strong and juicy aswell.
Maybe the screen is different?maybe the wand is larger than extreme tube or all in wonder bowl?
Mistery of vapor!

marcuss,

marcuss

above the clouds
I will work to make some decent pics in a short time!!
I'm not used about inch so i don't know how is a quarter:( and i don't weight my plant because i grow it but after a month of regular cleaning (3/4 times in the same glass of alcohol) you can get a good amount for sure!
Please try and report to compare the result!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Will do, buddy. Although it will probably be about a month before I get enough in there to want ot do it.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cool, thanks for sharing, marcuss! I've seen similar processes with isopropanol or everclear, I'll probably be asking you for some more detail/clarifications later.

Vapor time! :D

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
Gotcha. So with the Silver Surfer, using the wand has no tube...just straight from the bowl to the wand, right?
The photos above are the wand/bowl, the whip/tubing connects to the other end of it. I'll try to get some pics later.

:science:

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
Now is full and almost ready to evaporate his alcoholic part...sometimes i wonder to drink it but i'm scared!

marcuss-alcohol2.jpg

marcuss,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Now that's a stiff drink!

I hope you can share some more info on your evaporation method.

Thanks for the pics! :tup:

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The more I look at those pics, the more I want to give my wand a bath!

I wonder how long it'll take, considering it's never been cleaned and is pretty heavily coated in resin.

Mmmmm vapor rum!

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
Do you put the tubing in there also? That is where most of my condensation is.
Good question, I'd be concerned about how the tubing would react to the alcohol. I'm :tinfoil: about leaching.

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
marcuss...what do you do with the medical grade tubing? Do you put it in the solution, too? I don't see any tubing in your pics. A LOT of my yellow stuff is in my tubing.

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
ehy man look better!
the little tubing of the ballon connector is full deep in the glass!!
Check it out!

I don't see any difference in the tubig after soaking it in the alcohol....with some use it became white for a while then trasparent again....i think because it is wet after cleaning with tap water..soon my vapoil will be ready!!

marcuss,

marcuss

above the clouds
here the glass after few days on the window...

evaporation make it brown and dense!

marcuss,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom