• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued MagickWand Vaporizer

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I have both bro, and the MW is as resistent, if not more then the IV (electronic separated, thick glass etc...).... my :2c:

FLskwat,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
FLskwat said:
I have both bro, and the MW is as resistent, if not more then the IV (electronic separated, thick glass etc...).... my :2c:
Thanks for the info.. Thats +1 for the mw for me on the choice MW/IV .. I don't like whips .. why to reduce combustion and then run hot vapour through silicon or plastic tubing :uhoh:
I don't care much about how stealth the unit is ... What i care for is 0. Taste and smoothness 1.Durability and resistance.2.Combustion free vaporization no toxic fumes ,no metal poisoning,no tubing.3can be attached to a water pipe direktly..

Abysmal Vapor,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Abysmal Vapor said:
Thanks for the info.. Thats +1 for the mw for me on the choice MW/IV .. I don't like whips .. why to reduce combustion and then run hot vapour through silicon or plastic tubing :uhoh:
I don't care much about how stealth the unit is ... What i care for is 0. Taste and smoothness 1.Durability and resistance.2.Combustion free vaporization no toxic fumes ,no metal poisoning,no tubing.3can be attached to a water pipe direktly..

Then IMO, I think you found your thread/product here ;) All your requisits are fullfilled hands down and for a very interesting price tag !

FLskwat,

SkollIstKrieg

So I've had mine for a little over a week, gotta say so far I'm loving it!

I got it because I've been using the supreme as a home vape for months and got a little tired of always needed to heat it up, I wanted something that'd go with my glass and would heat up at a decent pace and stay on for a good hour or two.

So far its done all that I wanted it to! The hits are just right for me. I can get a really blue tasty hit, or plug the top airway and get a fat cloud.

It did take me roughly two to three days to find my sweet spots. My favorite temps are when the dial is positioned at 1,2 and 3 o clock. The start up time is definitely decent in my opinion. If I start it at full temp, I'll have a decent light blue cloud in 5-7minutes. From there it just gets better if you leave it at full temp. Once I feel the whole unit start heating I then turn it down to 1 o clock.

The only real negatives I have about this vape is that the body of it gets ridiculously hot! Luckily I haven't burned myself on this one as I found holding it by the last silicon ring is safest. It's not too much of a problem for me since I've been using the supreme for a year now and have learned how to handle things carefully. As long as you know where to hold it you'll have no issues.

The only other thing, which really is a suggestion, is possibly some kind of heat resistant stand for it. Currently I let it sit in a thick coffee mug. Even that gets hot! but not hot enough to burn you, so some kind of custom stand would be cool.

Honestly for the price this vape is totally worth it. I totally recommend it if you are a glass user as a home vape, just be careful with the heat and you'll love it!

SkollIstKrieg,

Hammerzeit

Postal system is on strike everywhere. It got shipped to the wrong address (fffffuuuu paypal), and just as it got sent back to me via priority...BAM. Strike outta nowhere. :(

Still gonna review it. :cool:

Hammerzeit,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I will be moving out of my current residence and into a new one in 2-3 weeks. We will be doing some work on the new place and tools/spare wood (we are also building and installing a half pipe!!) and I am DEFINITELY going to make a wood 'case' for my and my buddies MW. I have thought it up and it should workout pretty well. It will turn the MW into a 'box vape' (of course, only on the outside!!!) and will allow (hopefully) me to use the IV whip in order to turn my MW into a stand alone (no glass tool required) vape. My buddy and I are particularly interesting because he loves to use the MW while driving and obviously I told him he needs to be very careful when doing that. I decided that he needs a small enclosure she the MW cant burn him or parts of the car, and also it isn't realistic to hit a water tool/vape combo cruising on the freeway. But, hitting a whip coming out of your center console is a different story...

finchrock24,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Though I love my MW, even correctly enclosed I don't feel it safe as a driving vape (and as I own an IV I have tested the MW in direct draw, and even then)!
Man I vape & drive daily and have used/tested many combos (MF, NO2,IV, VapeOrSmoke...)... My personal podium:
I can say IMHO hands down in a car the best way to vape is MFLBPA+auto-adaptor (I see you have 2x MF's in your sig): immediate delivery, immediate temp decrease, so easy to hide, etc...
And followed very, very closely by vapeOrSmoke for concentrates (it only cools down a little longer so not perfect ex-aequo).
Then I think come together in the same range of overall vape & drive experience: NO2/IV/and probably the Solo (I'll confirm this soon!) ; cause they all cook your material all the time, are more or less the same size, not so easy to hide but quite stealthy etc...
But anyhow show us some pics of your MW's transformation as a car vape..I'm intrigued! ;)

FLskwat,

eddyfrancis

I just got mine a few days ago and I am very, VERY impressed! Previously I'd been using a Launch Box as my only vape and it was taking too long for me to get medicated. I have glaucoma and I was vaporizing for 30 minutes every 3 hours and never really getting to the point where the pressure in my eyes was completely relieved. I've had a Volcano before and I preferred to max the temperature because even the 'Cano takes a while to get me medicated. I love this thing because I can crank the temperature up and finish a bowl in five minutes and I'll be good for 4 or 5 hours.

There are a few down sides to the Magick Wand. Mine didn't come with a screen (my fault) so I've cut out a 1" circle from an old grinder screen and stuffed another screen in the bottom of the bowl to catch any stray particles. The bottom screen builds up with some nice sticky resonated weed though so it's not such a bad thing. I've also put a screen in the down stem which builds up with almost pure resin, and you can actually seal the 18 mm Wand to it even though the down stem is only 14 mm and get some nice milky hits. The only other down side is of course the fact that it gets so hot. Also I can't really complain but on the highest temperature setting only the first one or two hits are tasty. As people have suggested maybe this could be solved by a more restricted air path through the bowl?

Everything else I have to say about the Wand is nothing but praise. In 5 years of vaporizing I have not been so impressed with one, not even the Volcano! To me the thing that makes the Wand stand out from the rest (aside from price of course) is its all glass air path. IMHO the idea of vaporizing is nonsense if you're going to run hot air through anything that could potentially compromise your health. For that reason I'm not familiar with other wand type vaporizers so I don't know if they can deliver as powerful of hits, but I do know that for the price this thing can't be beat.

Regarding proper use of the Wand I have a bit of a question. When clearing your water pipe do you take the wand from the bowl, or take the bowl and wand together from your slide? I have been doing the former as I'm accustomed to using the MFLB which is apparently more efficient. However when large bowls are packed it takes a full breath to get it up to temperature which kind of necessitates leaving the wand on to keep it warmed up. Opinions?

eddyfrancis,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
Wow lotssa responses :o, very nice to see
Abysmal Vapor said:
I am lookin forward to try one of HiPi's vaporizers.. have watched the videos.. I have few questions :)...
I very much like how the mw attaches to the bong... But the incognito looks much more hard to brake than the wand.. And there is my problem i hate Tubings... and brakin glass parts.. :D So... the questions...:L
1:Can the incognito be attached to a bong directly like the magic wand ?
2:If it can will there be difference in the hitting quality - density,flavour, effectiveness.
3:Is it possible to put the mw in the incognitos bottle ?
4:I've read somewhere that the mw is stripped incognito? Is that true?What is the difference in the efficiency and the taste ,density ratio ?

P.S In basics what i want is something that could be used like the mw direct on waterpipe but to be protected like the incognito.. ?
5: Is mw's glass tough ? like Borosilicate glass ?

The Incognito can be attached to a bong through tubing, or if you were to take it apart (not recommended) and have the heating element and glass cover out in the open it would fit perfectly into our MW bowls as the IV and MW are both the same size hence both being able to be used with our dual chambered whip. I can say that the air flow would probably be more constricted using the guts of an IV in comparison to an mw but everything else would be veryvery similar as they are both using the same heating element encased in two different glass cases

The MW would not in its own casing be able to be put inside an IV but like i said they use the same heating element so technically there is not much difference. This is why the MW can be called a "stripped" incognito. The IV does seem to retain more heat since it is enclosed making it easier to burn material if you do not play around with the temp, also having the herb in a small enclosed glass chamber inside our dual screen whip makes the airflow very direct creating thick clouds. The MW uses mostly bowls and has a larger airpath which still has the ability to create thicker clouds at higher temps and also if you put your hand over the top hole. I can always see the clouds when I exhale with my magickwand and in my opinion they give a slightly tastier hit than the IV probably because it is cooled a bit giving your mouth a chance to really savor the taste/smell.

The MW is a pretty sturdy vaporizer made of pyrex type glass which is stronger than normal glass. I have dropped mine before on wood floors and had nothing happen, however as always it depends on the height it falls and the point of impact. I have yet had someone tell me they broke their wand (except ChairlieDs who's wand had a alcohol bottle come crashing down upon it and even then from what he said it was still usable). All in all depending on how clumsy you are and what type of flooring you have I really think you will be happy with the MW.

As for a stand for the MW if I were to make something for that it would likely be something along the lines of a glass plate so that the wand can lay down. If the wand is sitting or leaning in an upward position all the heat will travel through the body and cause it to get much hotter than it should. I can definitely look into getting something small and simple to go with the wand that it can be set on. For now I have been placing a thick silicone ring around the bottom so that it can lay on most hard surfaces without causing any problems.

Also update on the screens! They have been shipped and the est delivery is between the 20th and the 25th so I will be letting you all know how that goes. I went with a much finer mesh than I had before so they will be thicker and more sturdy than the previous ones.

eddyfrancis said:
Regarding proper use of the Wand I have a bit of a question. When clearing your water pipe do you take the wand from the bowl, or take the bowl and wand together from your slide? I have been doing the former as I'm accustomed to using the MFLB which is apparently more efficient. However when large bowls are packed it takes a full breath to get it up to temperature which kind of necessitates leaving the wand on to keep it warmed up. Opinions?

Sometime I just use a slow draw to fill up the piece and reclear my lungs for a very fast draw in order to clear. However this method does not clear completely because even on a fast draw some more vapor will likely fill the chamber but its a good method when doing multiple hits, or in a group setting where someone will be hitting it right after anyways. I know a few people who prefer to not clear it at all when using the MW until the very last hit. This makes it so that there is just constant thick vapor production, using half the draws.
Other times I will pull the wand directly out but sometimes when it has been sitting on the bowl for long periods they can get slightly stuck together which requires you to twist it a little possibly while holding the bowl handle to separate. My wife just pulls the whole downstem out when she uses the MW which seems to work very well but it just depends on what type of waterpipe your using and in what manner the downstem is connected.

Hammerzeit said:
Postal system is on strike everywhere. It got shipped to the wrong address (fffffuuuu paypal), and just as it got sent back to me via priority...BAM. Strike outta nowhere. :(

Still gonna review it. :cool:
This is terrible, what does that mean for your unit? Will you still be able to get it? I'm sorry you have to go through this much just to receive a package! Shoot me an e-mail and let me know if theres anything that I can do.

Thanks to everyone for posting all the feedback I really enjoy reading the comments. I will let you guys know how the new screens work out as soon as they get here!
Peace and much love :D

HiPi,
LOVE my Magickwand, hitting it right now.

I do think the new wand hits a little less hot at full-tilt than my old want. I used to have a "take THAT, concentrates!" feeling with my old one, not quite so with this one. Maybe my screen's slightly lower, I don't know.

I still owe you a video, Hipi. Thanks for the awesome vape.

charliedontsurf,

Hammerzeit

HiPi said:
This is terrible, what does that mean for your unit? Will you still be able to get it? I'm sorry you have to go through this much just to receive a package! Shoot me an e-mail and let me know if theres anything that I can do.

It means I just have to wait until the strike is over. The government is trying to break it via legislation. I'm gonna be away from my vapes very shortly anyway so its alright. :cool:

Hammerzeit,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
Good news everyone! The screens came in! They are very tightly woven and much much sturdier than the last. I am going to do some testing with the new screens right now and will report back asap.

HiPi,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Glad to hear you got some new screens. The current screens have me avoiding using the MW with anything with a peculator or defuser, it is hard to clean the little particles of green out. Please keep us informed as to improvement in this area. Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

MacRadish

HiPi said:
As for a stand for the MW if I were to make something for that it would likely be something along the lines of a glass plate so that the wand can lay down. If the wand is sitting or leaning in an upward position all the heat will travel through the body and cause it to get much hotter than it should.

I stand mine up on the wire exit end. What I did was to move that last silicone ring a little towards the edge so the full circle of silicone comes in contact with a flat surface and forms a foot. Heat rises so I find the lower half of the MW is comfortable to grab after its been standing like this. Granted, a good bump would tip it over but this method seems to be working fine on my coffee table. I am contemplating how to rig up a stand to support it vertically like this but still be able to grab it from the lower half.

I had a thought that some sort of tiny light/LED, preferably red, built into the base of the wand would accomplish two things. 1. A simple power-on indicator, reminding the user it has been left on. (BTDT). 2. Its red glow could possibly remind the user "hey, this could be hot" as they reach for it. (also BTDT). What I do is to use an extension cord and bring the knob/light in view near the table. Other then this non-issue, I love this thing!!

MacRadish,

photobooth

HiPi, I have a mini bong with a 90 degree joint. Can you offer bowls with a 45 degree bend to help with clearance with smaller pieces?
If so, with the new sturdy screens, this vape may be my next purchase!

photobooth,

eddyfrancis

Exited to hear about the new screens! I need to order some soon because I'm not sure how long my makeshift screen will last.

Thanks for the advice HiPi. After using it with a few different bongs I've notices that, like you said, the way you use the MW sort of depends on the kind of piece you're using it with.

eddyfrancis,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
Alright so the much awaited update on the new screens
They are a much tighter fit than the other screens, much sturdier and I can't see any particles getting through these babies! They are a pain in the arse to put into the bowls and im trying to figure the best way of going about it without warping the sides too much but they should work amazingly better than the last. They won't move when stirring nor let any material through. I just sent out a bowl today to an FC member and Im sure he will post his opinion as soon as he gets his. As for those who would like to order some of these screens if you ordered from FC I wont charge for the screens themselves but I will figure out the shipping post it here and anybody who would like some I will either add a paypal button or just ask for a donation of that amount. It should be less than two dollars though Im assuming and it will depend on how fast you would like to receive them, first class will most likely be the best option.

CharlieDontSurf Im looking very much forward to your video! And everyone should look out for a MW video review by Linda in the upcoming days/week, I'm sure many of you have seen her review a plethora of other smoking devices on her youtube channel (ThusSpakeLinda).

As for a bowl with a 45degree angle at the moment I dont think this will be doable unless I was to get a really high demand for it I could do some chatting with my glass manufacturer but at the moment he has a lot of orders on his hands and since he lives in my old hometown is not as easily accessible. But like I said anything is possible if there is enough demand for it!

HiPi,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
Short Report on the Screens:
This is what the doctor ordered and possibly more.
Very sturdy and very fine mesh almost 2 times the amount of stitches. Its so tight in the bowl that it creates a dome bow in the bowl .

HiPi,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Very good news Hipi... It was already a little painful to get the 3 screens in the bowl as if, so I do expect a lot from these!

FLskwat,

Abysmal Vapor

I am lookin forward to purchase magic wand vape.. that will be be my first wand vape.. so i need a bit help with my gear... You should help me what bowls to choose... and which packet best for my need for the :2c:... I need your opinion on which of these bongs will fit best to the mw..
My current bong is a single percolator with ice holder , stem is two pieces.
What bowl should i get for it .. ? I dont know exact measures but i measure the via da buddha wand.. on the upper glass it does not fit well but if i remove it it fits perfectly on its place .
  • [/*]
I am considering also buying a new bong :) First one is this simple ice bong http://translate.google.bg/translat...koshop.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=14 Which adapter pipe do you think would be suitable for it? There are measures on the link. and will it be appropriate to use with the magic wand? 50 $
I also consider to buy this http://translate.google.bg/translat...okoshop.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=7 for double use with my gf (She loves vaping) Also need to know your opinion on effectiveness of the magic wand if two people are pulling together and the appropriate adapter for this bowl? 53$
I also love this cheap http://translate.google.bg/translat...okoshop.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=4 sonar bong :) with vertical stem also need your oppinion if it is good to use with the mw and the fitting adaptor 29$

Abysmal Vapor,

MG23

Relaxin'
Received some of the new and improved screens today, one of these screens (properly placed) is just as effective if not moreso than the 3 old screens I was previously using. It is a huge improvement to say the least. The only furher improvement I can think of now would be a slight tweak to the screen holding section of the MW bowl to have a more snug fit around the top and bottom of the screen to hold it flat and still, so screen placement would be foolproof and perfect every time without the possibility of having green work it's way under the screen holding hump or losing little particles through the sides due to an unevenly placed screen. Bottom line though, the new fine mesh and the better fit beats the hell out of the old screens, especially since the old way was 3 screens at once.

MG23,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
I am lookin forward to purchase magic wand vape.. that will be be my first wand vape.. so i need a bit help with my gear...
Looks like you need the 14mm. I could use a second opinion on this though.

I'd like to announce the sale for now till the 4th of july!
Happy Vaping!
:peace:
New video as well! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVzWmaKSS2k
44776606.jpg

HiPi,

Abysmal Vapor

HiPi said:
Abysmal Vapor said:
I am lookin forward to purchase magic wand vape.. that will be be my first wand vape.. so i need a bit help with my gear...

Happy Vaping!
http://www.tayloreverything.com/files/44776606.jpg
Are you saying that if use that rebate option i will get 20$ off the final price ?
For example I will purchase the the 3 bowls + 9mm adapter package that worth 185$ for 165$

Abysmal Vapor,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
HiPi said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

Happy Vaping!
44776606.jpg
Are you saying that if use that rebate option i will get 20$ off the final price ?
For example I will purchase the the 3 bowls + 9mm adapter package that worth 185$ for 165$
Yes, but the rebate will void the gift of the free handkit. 3 bowls and an adapter for 165 is pretty nice. :)

HiPi,

Abysmal Vapor

What you mean by order specification box ?? Is that where we write the bowl size specification? Is it in the redeem gift code field ? Or the message to seller box ?Or first i pay then i get refund ? or is it possible to send me a paypal invoice for 165$ + shipping cost (in paypal it apears to be 14$) so 179$ for all seems very nice to me :)

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom