Mag Heater series

Haemaerae

Hello guys, i was refunded with out asking refund. This was absurd ride to say atleast, bit sad that it went like this.

Well time to find new portable IH heater. Maybe it will be the fluxer again. Any other ideas?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind

Again, new stuff from Mag Heater – the Micro is dead, long live the Nano:

NanoWood.jpg

Comes with a cute battery meter:

resized_NanoControl.jpg
3D printed → 139€, CNC wood (Zebrano, Tigerwood, Mahogany) → 149€

The Tornado can now be used with a 3x18650 battery pack, that's almost four times more juice than a standard LiPo.

Next drop is today.

Haemaerae

@Haemaerae - you definitely want to meet Jeff for your next heater experience.
Yeah i dont want to support guy who does not give a fuck about the customer. Jeff has a heater shop which servers customers, he cares <3

This mag heater guy has a blog, and sometimes he may sell a device, but more times not, while ignoring already paid customers as he pleases. I did not heed the warnings, abs that why I will amplify the message for others to be heard.

TLDR: order your device from Jeff or any other project but mag heaters

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
We get it that you are disappointed but you cannot put blame on other members for your choice. His way of doing business is discussed already in this thread, so buyers are considered warned (page 1). If you ignored it and still try to get one and didnt got lucky it is on you.
Also with all my respect to the Fluxers but this aint a Fluxer advertising thread , 1 recommendation is enough. Siebter is actually cool enough to provide some user feedback along with product updates, i value his contribution to the thread and not consider it advertising
P.S There is a six hour edit window for your posts ,so no need to do back to back.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
And this warning I missed. Yeah my bad and will live with that but I will warn other about what kind of business this is.
I think you did that already :) ! If you take a look at rules they suggest that there is not need to make more than one post/ revisit an issue if you dont have anything new to add .
Sry if i have been a bit in the mood with my reply, but even with this one, i am only making it worse filling this thread with off-topic.
Cheers and have a great week !
P.S I already told this to another member, but imo guys like that one innovate, maybe other serious companies will build on it and make a successful product that we all can enjoy.

Haemaerae

I think you did that already :) ! If you take a look at rules they suggest that there is not need to make more than one post/ revisit an issue if you dont have anything new to add .
Sry if i have been a bit in the mood with my reply, but even with this one, i am only making it worse filling this thread with off-topic.
Cheers and have a great week !
P.S I already told this to another member, but imo guys like that one innovate, maybe other serious companies will build on it and make a successful product that we all can enjoy.
Good point about the rules, thank you for pointing out.

I truly hope some company pics up the mag heater-dude, he is genius don’t get me wrong in that. I admire his tech skills, R&D is amazing.

Tyee Eliqueme

That Tornado looks nifty, hopefully the price isn't astronomically higher than the Orion, according to the webpage it sounds pretty good. The temperature controller is super enticing to me.

Lmao, I did research on it. 230,00 € & 45+ for shipping...

Tyee Eliqueme,
Reactions: Haemaerae

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@eliqueme – Actually the basic Tornado is 220€, 230€ is the price for the carbon and the wood models. I think the Orion was at 200 bucks before it vanished – it's an expensive device, but also offers functionalities others don't even come close to.

Also Mag Heater offers the Nano for 139€ if that's still too much. Shipping overseas is pricey, but allows Mag Heater to include cells with the devices for oversea orders. Shipping within Europe is 5€ I think.

---

Btw the Nano apparently soon will become the „Quantum“, a slimmed down version of the Tornado with insertion detection and temp sensing / feedback, but without a display and a smaller cell.

Edit: Prices now include an 800 mAh cell with the Nano / Quantum and a 3000 mAh battery pack with the Tornado. Currently there will be no more drops, you can order anytime (keep in mind announced delivery times often are *very* rough estimations).

Last edited:

Tyee Eliqueme

@eliqueme – Actually the basic Tornado is 220€, 230€ is the price for the carbon and the wood models. I think the Orion was at 200 bucks before it vanished – it's an expensive device, but also offers functionalities others don't even come close to.

Also Mag Heater offers the Nano for 139€ if that's still too much. Shipping overseas is pricey, but allows Mag Heater to include cells with the devices for oversea orders. Shipping within Europe is 5€ I think.

---

Btw the Nano apparently soon will become the „Quantum“, a slimmed down version of the Tornado with insertion detection and temp sensing / feedback, but without a display and a smaller cell.

Edit: Prices now include an 800 mAh cell with the Nano / Quantum and a 3000 mAh battery pack with the Tornado. Currently there will be no more drops, you can order anytime (keep in mind announced delivery times often are *very* rough estimations).
Yo thanks for the further info mate, I needed it for sure since I was in the market for a quality piece since I seen on 'pipes' FAQ for the Port Side Mini had it listed as discontinued... ( Talked to him, He said he is currently working on a replacement and will be announcing it soon! :)) I have been waiting for the portside for so long and seeing that FAQ page had me saddened because I thought they went extinct lol. Again thanks for all the info, It was much appreciated!

Tyee Eliqueme,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
The Quantum will be released today. A few specs from the site:
  • Insertion Sensing
  • Temperature Sensing
  • Temperature Dial Range 160 - 260 C°
  • Calibrateable ( Silver Cap, Azurium, Rosium, PhantoM)
  • Accurate Battery Display LED (Brightness taken from actual voltage reading)
  • Dynastash Form Factor
  • Interchangeable batteries
  • ~ 20x3 Heat Cycles Capacity
  • USB Charger Available :-)
Various colors and woods to choose from. 169€ for both the 3D printed and the wood version (cell, wall charger, two battery cases and volt meter included, usb charger optional).

Soon (maybe): wood engravings!

Siebter,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Edit: 149€ for the 3D-printed Quantum, 159€ for the wood versions.

Siebter,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Demo of the new firmware showing the safety functions of both the Tornado and the Quantum plus the calibration mode of the Quantum:

Siebter,

Suki

Can you use temp sensing feature to draw while the dynavap is still inside of the IH? (Upside down with a bubbler for example)

Suki,

treep

On the search for a good IH with a battery at a good price, considering the Mag Heater Quantum. Anyone got one of these? What do you think about it?

treep,

Muskytoes

ordered one in july i dont mind waiting anyone watching this know what the time frame could be

Muskytoes,

Bomboclaat

ordered one in july i dont mind waiting anyone watching this know what the time frame could be
Well I have waited since April. The whole selling on ebay is a bit weird as there are many customers waiting (who have already paid).

Bomboclaat,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
If I interpret his blog correctly, he sells devices on eBay that got canceled by customers because of the long waiting times – but I might be wrong, things are often a bit confusing when it comes to MH. What I do know is that he is working at his backlog (not sure at what point he is though) and once that's done will sell prebuild (no preorder) devices and accessories on eBay (and announce them via Jimdofree, which will still feature manuals, YouTubes, his blog etc.) – I think it has something to do with the limited number of items he can sell on Jimdofree.

He also once more redesigned his standard IH model which is now called the →Tempest; it has a screen and got even smaller. Also new: the →Radium, a very unique IH with a keylock (and temperature control too). He gave up using carbon and 3D printed cases, all his devices are made out of wood now (tigerwood, walnut, mahogany, oak, not sure what else), even his →usb charger. :-)

So I've had my Tornado for almost two months now, here's what it looks like:
resized_IMG_20210815_161653_1.Tornado.jpg

In the end I waited a little over half a year for it, so yeah. It took some patience. But being patient was absolutely worth it.

The Mag Heater Tornado is a fully temperature controlled induction heater with a 3000mAh battery pack, insertion detection via a light gate, a temperature range from 160°C to 280°C and an option to calibrate the heating profile to accommodate various caps. Temperatures can be set in 1°C increments via the stereo system like knob.

Performancewise the Tornado works pretty much like the other two Mag Heaters I already have, from cold to click takes only 6 seconds and yet the chamber gets thoroughly cooked – don't ask me how the maker does it, it doesn't make sense, but it works well. As with the Slim, clicks become irrelevant anyway when we can use temperature control (lower temps might not even generate a click at all). The 1°C increments (as opposed to the 10°C increments of the Slim) allow a very finetuned experience – savoring a strain at 170°C, tempstepping or just killing a chamber with one hit at precisely 220°C, everything's possible and super easy.

One major difference to the Slim is that the Tornado doesn't stop heating, instead it will hover around the set temp when it's reached until the DV is removed. Since we don't have to wait for a downclick either, you can reinsert the DV at any given point – and since it will not heat above set temp, you can remove the DV at any point too (not sure if there's a timeout). I don't have a Dynacoil, but I imagine being able to soak the tip with heat for a few seconds might be very useful when it comes to concentrates. Anyway, automatic insertion detection and that temp hovering feature together create a very smooth and effortless kind of experience – at some point I didn't even had to look at the display anymore, it's very easy to get into a flow with the Tornado. Temperature control removes any anxieties („Did it just click?“), being able to reinsert the DV at any point removes unnecessary waiting times („Did it downclick yet?“). The huge battery adds to it too, no more power anxieties (recharging takes about 1:45h with the included charger).

What else? Build quality is excellent; the device definitely has a „handmade vibe“, but the wood is mindfully crafted and every hinge carefully set, the internals look absolutely spotless. The only minus I had was that I had to polish it after arrival, I suppose the wax he used didn't have enough time to sit before he sent it to me. Not a big deal.

So to sum it up: incredible device.

Muskytoes

I didnt listen to the obvious ordered one june 2021 refunded last week €313 i would have loved to get one of these IH heaters
I preordered a ranger thesource V i cant wait looks flat out awesome

Muskytoes,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Muskytoes – I'm sorry to hear that. It takes a lot of patience to get hold of one of those machines. These days he makes 2 or 3 IHs per week I think, but apparently is still working on his backlog.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@Muskytoes – I'm sorry to hear that. It takes a lot of patience to get hold of one of those machines. These days he makes 2 or 3 IHs per week I think, but apparently is still working on his backlog.

As a new Grasshopper owner... I don’t have any PATIENCE left for these kind of offerings...

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Muskytoes
Top Bottom