• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mag Heater series

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I stumbled upon a series of induction heaters on this site.
https://magheater.jimdofree.com/
MADE IN GERMANY !
There are 5 models available ,some have have temp reading and temp control
  • MH: Professional

-heats the DynaVap quick and stealthy

-the heating curve is more tame, meaning you can "disrespect the click" longer without combusting

-works well in the wind where normal jet lighters fail

-will save you money in the long run because you no longer need to buy jet lighter fuel

-oven is lit with a led making use in the dark easy (GlowTube)

-the display works great as a "stealth light" for packing at night

-has a USB Charger available for charging on the go with a powerbank or a small solar panel
  • MH: Sense Light
    The Sense Light is and Induction Heater for the Dynavap that displays the temperature as a colour on the launch button.
    It's pretty neat to be able to see the temperature of the Dynavap directly.
    Loud music or "Did it already click down ???" are not a problem anymore.
    It uses 3x 18650 Batteries which are swap - able on the go.
    It uses the Percentage / Voltage Display and the sensor is calibrate - able.
    I am bundling it with a Tomo M3 PowerBank / USB Charger, but you an also order it without the charger.
    You will have to supply your own 3x 18650 Batteries (LG HG 2 are good, but any 20 - 30 A one will do).

• MH: Sense Bar
    The Mag Heater : Sense Bar is a somewhat portable sensored Induction Heater for the Dynavap.
    It uses a Microcontroller and a IR Sensor to heat the Dynavap to a specific Temperature.
    It features two display themes and a calibrate - able sensor.
    The calibration value is saved to the chip, so even if you swap batteries, the calibration is saved.
    It uses 3x 18650 Batteries and a wooden sliding latch so you can swap the batteries on the go.
  • MH: Hot Box
    image.jpg

The Hot Box is a unit that is slimmed down to just the basic components.
    It features swap-able 18650 batteries on the fly, because this case has a wooden sliding back door.
    It has a voltage display on the bottom, a magnet on top to cool the Vapcap and a stainless steel button.

• MH: Desktop Cruiser Now that guy really took this shit to the next level...

image.jpg

The Desktop Cruiser is the first automatic temperature control (ATC) induction heater and the successor to the Desktop Racer.
    It uses an Arduino and a IR temperature sensor in conjunction with an Induction Heater to heat the Dynavap to a specific temperature.
    You just tap the heating button once and the device does the rest for you.

image.jpg

You can set the temperature with the two metal buttons and check it on the display.
    The digital number represents the temperature you want to heat to and the analogue gauge shows the current sensor temperature.
    The Desktop Cruiser also has a handy drawer to store a few Dynavaps.
    The USB Port at the back with the Lamp is selectable as an option.
    image.jpg

You don't have to wait for the cooldown click after a draw.
    You can heat the dynavap while listening to music or playing a game without having to take your headphones off.
    It's a complete new way of using the Dynavap, so much more convenient.
    You do not need to listen for the click, because the Desktop Cruiser respects the click for you ;)
    Below you can see another Display theme I have programmed. I have to check how many themes I can fit on the Microcontroller, but it is updateable via USB, so it is possible to change and customize it ;)
    image.jpg

The top bar represents the temperature the sensor reads and the right number shows that as a value.
    The lower bar represents the temperature the device is going to heat to and the left temperature is the temp you set it to as a number.
    I made a little square appear when the heater is on.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Last edited:

horst

horsed
I also feel the need to warn you about this guys behaviour at this point. Won't go into details for the moment but estimate a loooooong waiting peroid until you get a device, no matter how it was stated when you ordered. I want to give him a chance to sort things out with me before I explain what else happened.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Sorry, can't link to an individual post on a cell. :rolleyes:

I finally got his entry level basic IH with pressure being the wrong guy to mess with at this period. Its pretty nice for the price if I didn't have to pay more psychologicly by harassing the guy on reddit. It's not tidy at all on the inside and the voltmeter for battery level is completely off but I'll find the equivalence with real measure. I dont know if I want to get into troubleshooting with him...
He seems more interested in his last high end models than the entry ones like mine. He's definitely a talented and interesting " mad professor" type but I guess I experienced more the mad than the professor part with his (non/mis) communication.:lol:
If someone is very patient and ready to sacrifice for vape science there is a chance to get a good device one day if you're lucky.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I also feel the need to warn you about this guys behaviour at this point. Won't go into details for the moment but estimate a loooooong waiting peroid until you get a device, no matter how it was stated when you ordered. I want to give him a chance to sort things out with me before I explain what else happened.

Looking forward to hearing your story.

MagHeater

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Not good indeed. Anyway i hope he makes it work out down the line or someone else can take the idea from here,his design ideas are cool,no matter the shitty CS experiences mentioned in that post.
Hey, Thanks for the Mention.
Mad Professor suits me well, I have autism.

The Voltage Meter on the Hot Box turn on when the device is heating.
If you are draining ~80 Watts of Power, the Voltage will of course drop.

To check the Battery, heat shortly without a Dynavap inside.

I had issues with shipping that's why I went away from inbuilt batteries.
I still have issues with my family who do not support what I am doing.

Abysmal Vapor

@MagHeater Welcome to the forum ,glad you decided to join ! Mad Professor - the world needs more of these into these fields of work!Autism,altruism ,whateverism we enjoy having all colors of the rainbow around here :)).
Hope your family situation gets sorted out soon. Sometimes people closest to us are the ones most lacking understanding,but eventually they all come around cause a man's got to do what a man's got to do.
To me FC is a runaway safe place ,where i can meet with people sharing my passions and thoughts,i hope it can serve you in some similar fashion .

Last edited:

Sativapo

Sorry, can't link to an individual post on a cell. :rolleyes:
To temper this a bit, now he's answering and the voltmeter is supposed work this way. I discover and like a lot the use of an IH. So the product is quite what I imagined and I like this little homemade feel of it especially for the price. He also warned me he has some sort of condition slowing him down. So I had accepted the big waiting time, it's the fact that not only he was late on his 2 month announced time but also according to him he lost track of messages of his customers in his selling platform. I don't want to condemn anyone as I'm not a cop, hope he improves or someone helps him handle this because he will ruin his potential. The thing is I'll never now when he would have sent it if I didn't do this public call out.

Edit : @MagHeater Just saw your post. That would explain things... not necessarily excuse them though. It's funny because When I was pissed of, trying to understand, it's a hypothesis I made talking to my wife. Hope you will improve on this customer relation thing but one simple thing to start, absolutely answer to messages from people you have sold something to. I am sorry this got public, but maybe it will avoid other misunderstandings and help you get better at this. I like the device by the way. Good thing you like the nickname :lol:

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
As a happy MH user I think it's time to join this discussion.

So first of all: it's safe to say that the MH crew (which is basically a one man show as far as I can tell) improved quite a bit when it comes to customer service. I have bought two items from him and preordered one, had some email back and forth as well and while I think exact timing is still not his greatest superpower, he always replied quick, helpful and with friendly manners. It's worth mentioning that he documents not only model improvements, but the process of units currently build in →his blog, so you will know if a delivery is delayed because of a flu or parts fucking up or whatever – won't make it go faster, but a little transparency can be helpful.

Unlike most other IH builders, MH offers quite a selection of different models. The standard „Professional“ was discontinued recently and replaced by the „Compact“. It is water resistant (can easily be used outdoors even when it rains), charges in a mere 15 minutes and will make your cap click within 5 seconds, 3 seconds when it's warm. Respecting the click with this model equals to torching the cap in the middle or upper area, so it is okay to go a second or second and a half beyond that to get a darker and toastier hit, which makes it performing quick, yet flexible and intuitive. The „Compact“ is more um... compact and is also available in different colors like glow in the dark-white and a purple that changes to pink when it gets warm. The major difference to the original „Professional“ is a mechanical slider that lets you set the height of the oven tube, which will result in a faster click and lower temps – a bit like a Low Temp Cap I guess, but I haven't tried either of them yet.

image123.jpg

Then there are the „Desktop Cruiser“ and the „Mission Control“, both are high end temperature controlled wooden desktop models which I assume will only be build by request, at least I haven't seen them being offered on his site. This is the DC:

81673650-468223867437180-61759851600019456-o.jpg

Both the Cruiser and the Mission Control have obviously inspired the latest Mag Heater model, the →„Slim Automatic IR“, it features 1600mAh (2x 800mAh LiPos) battery power, infrared sensing temperature control and a cruise mode. I preordered this model recently and will report my experiences as soon as I have it.

image12.jpg

Another cool item is the MH usb-charger, which lets you charge your IH with a powerbank or the like. Very useful when being on the go.

image.jpg

Recently he started →documenting his efforts in preserving resources by using solar power, which I think is quite a cool approach. He might (!) also include little extras in your order like cases for batteries or a loading tool (stuff like that is subject to change, though). Maybe you are lucky and win some stuff from one of his raffles (like I actually did, 935 silver stem... :-) ). He recently wrote about a petrol generator he will build by request (yeah, to charge an IH...):

82405721-469865643939669-5948022121429991424-o.jpg

So yeah, to sum it up: easily the most innovative IH builder these days. You may have to wait a little longer than announced (not by much, though, at least in my experience), but you'll get a sturdy, well-performing device for sure. Highly recommended.

DSC-0030.jpg

Baron23

As a happy MH user I think it's time to join this discussion.

So first of all: it's safe to say that the MH crew (which is basically a one man show as far as I can tell) improved quite a bit when it comes to customer service. I have bought two items from him and preordered one, had some email back and forth as well and while I think exact timing is still not his greatest superpower, he always replied quick, helpful and with friendly manners. It's worth mentioning that he documents not only model improvements, but the process of units currently build in →his blog, so you will know if a delivery is delayed because of a flu or parts fucking up or whatever – won't make it go faster, but a little transparency can be helpful.

Unlike most other IH builders, MH offers quite a selection of different models. The standard „Professional“ was discontinued recently and replaced by the „Compact“. It is water resistant (can easily be used outdoors even when it rains), charges in a mere 15 minutes and will make your cap click within 5 seconds, 3 seconds when it's warm. Respecting the click with this model equals to torching the cap in the middle or upper area, so it is okay to go a second or second and a half beyond that to get a darker and toastier hit, which makes it performing quick, yet flexible and intuitive. The „Compact“ is more um... compact and is also available in different colors like glow in the dark-white and a purple that changes to pink when it gets warm. The major difference to the original „Professional“ is a mechanical slider that lets you set the height of the oven tube, which will result in a faster click and lower temps – a bit like a Low Temp Cap I guess, but I haven't tried either of them yet.

image123.jpg

Then there are the „Desktop Cruiser“ and the „Mission Control“, both are high end temperature controlled wooden desktop models which I assume will only be build by request, at least I haven't seen them being offered on his site. This is the DC:

81673650-468223867437180-61759851600019456-o.jpg

Both the Cruiser and the Mission Control have obviously inspired the latest Mag Heater model, the →„Slim Automatic IR“, it features 1600mAh (2x 800mAh LiPos) battery power, infrared sensing temperature control and a cruise mode. I preordered this model recently and will report my experiences as soon as I have it.

image12.jpg

Another cool item is the MH usb-charger, which lets you charge your IH with a powerbank or the like. Very useful when being on the go.

image.jpg

Recently he started →documenting his efforts in preserving resources by using solar power, which I think is quite a cool approach. He might (!) also include little extras in your order like cases for batteries or a loading tool (stuff like that is subject to change, though). Maybe you are lucky and win some stuff from one of his raffles (like I actually did, 935 silver stem... :-) ). He recently wrote about a petrol generator he will build by request (yeah, to charge an IH...):

82405721-469865643939669-5948022121429991424-o.jpg

So yeah, to sum it up: easily the most innovative IH builder these days. You may have to wait a little longer than announced (not by much, though, at least in my experience), but you'll get a sturdy, well-performing device for sure. Highly recommended.

DSC-0030.jpg
Very cool stuff.

I gather he ships to EU (and UK now) only?

Baron23,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Baron23 – He ships worldwide, but will include batteries only when shipping within the EU. The LiPos needed for his devices are not hard to find, though. But: since he decided to ship with tracking and insurance only, the shipment factor is a pricey one (for example 36€ / ~40$ for u.s. customers).

Baron23

@Baron23 – He ships worldwide, but will include batteries only when shipping within the EU. The LiPos needed for his devices are not hard to find, though. But: since he decided to ship with tracking and insurance only, the shipment factor is a pricey one (for example 36€ / ~40$ for u.s. customers).
ouch.....I never understand why international shipping rates for small items is so damn expensive.

The guys from AUS get hammered on shipments from USA. Even CAN get's hammered on USA shipments.

Thanks for the info. I'm on the list for a Fluxer and will give that a few more months.

Cheers

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
ouch.....I never understand why international shipping rates for small items is so damn expensive.

It's crazy. There are cheaper alternatives, but when you want to make sure a (costly) item will reach its destination, you better go tracked or feel sorry later. There have been some incidents with lost / delayed shipments, so I understand why the cheaper methods are not an option anymore. But yeah, ouch indeed.

Thanks for the info. I'm on the list for a Fluxer and will give that a few more months.

I bet Fluxers are awesome. Also a brand that tries to bring some variation into the game – looking forward to your reports.

Siebter,
Reactions: Jill NYC

im not a robot

@Siebter interesting, and i like what i see on the website. not sure i need an IH, but i like his style, seems like he is investing a lot of energy into refining & advancing the tech. i find the ability to change the punch of the heater in the compact appealing (has anyone tried this yet?) - i really like the amount of control you have with a flame. the different coil options is sth i like about the fluxer too. all this in theory, i have never actually tried an induction heater. looking forward to your review of the IR.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
looking forward to your review of the IR.

Oh me too. :-) Unfortunately both the Corona crisis and some private issues have delayed the manufacturing of the Slim Automatic IR heavily. I will be the first to get one, though, so stay tuned for the first review of it.

On the other hand he managed to get a decent workflow with the Mag Heater Compact models, they seem to get done in a nice time frame. He is cooperating with https://vapeurshop.com/ who are managing the sales of the Compacts now, while his higher endish models are still available via https://magheater.jimdofree.com/ Vapeurshop also sells some of his Dynavap accessoires like loading tools, triplex adapters and debowlers (and there's some more things planned like bubblers and cases for DVs & lighters).

He's also developing a new IH model.

@ heat control: That's something I like about my Mag Heater Pro: it is very quick, but with some practice still allows to finetune the grade of toastiness by going ½-1 seconds past the click, so it's totally possible to mimic a flame being held closer to the tip or closer to the bottom. I couldn't really do that with my Portside Mini, which is also a great device, but less flexible in performance. I suppose the adjustable tube of the Compact will even increase the level of control.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

This thread is a continuation of the oldFC thread that can be found here ;). Mag Heater series
Probably many of you are familiar with his work as he got involved in the building of the official Dynavap IH.
Looking at the official site there are two desktop and two portable models available.
Mag Heater : Compact
The Mag Heater Compact is the further refinement of the Professional.
It's smaller and more portable and also the first rechargeable induction heater for the DynaVap with a mechanical heat adjuster.

You will need to order 1x battery in order for the device to function.
I sell these batteries or you can also order them yourself, depending on your situation.
If you buy the device with 1x battery I will install it in the device for your convinience.
(The battery is a rechargeable LiPo pack)
Looks like it is waterproof also :).

image.jpg

179,00 €

Mag Heater : Slim Automatic IR
This is a Pre-Order for the Slim IR. The Devices will ship out at the end of february or in the middle of march.
It is a IR Sensing Automatic Induction Heater, a further development of the Sense Bar
229,00 €
image.jpg

And the desktops below

image.jpg
image.jpg

This is the Mission Control, CNC cut from Tigerwood.

It uses 3x 18650 Batteries in the attached pack or a wall adapter.

It has 4 temperature settings (160, 180, 200, 220 C°) and is calibrateable.

You just set the four button to the desired temperature and press the launch button.
If the auto relaunch feature is enabled, the heater will detect
if a still hot Dynavap is inserted and reheat it.

So you can just draw on the Dynavap without worrying about the device.
The lid can be closed and you can store a few Dynavaps inside.
image.jpg

The Desktop Cruiser has a 128 x 64 OLED Display and it can set the temperature in ten degree steps.
The glass heating tube lights up when the induction heater is heating.
The pictured unit is made from bocote wood.
The Desktop Cruiser has a small drawer instead of a top closing lid.
You can store a few Dynavaps inside the unit

He also has some other exciting projects going on so please check his site >.>>>>> Mag Heater - A portable Induction Heater for the DynaVap

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:
pakalolo,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Probably many of you are familiar with his work as he got involved in the building of the official Dynavap IH.

I think you mix him up with the Apollo guy. :)

Little update on the pricing for the Compact → 199€ including the LiPo battery (and a charger).
Compacts are available via vapeurshop.com (*when* available...)

Demo of the Compact:

Demo of the Slim Automatic IR:

A closer look at the heat sensing software (Slim Automatic IR / Desktop Cruiser):

Review of the Slim Automatic IR (hopefully) coming soon...

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

@Siebter Yes you are right,i did got confused with Lucid Customs ,in my excuse i was trying pour a little cbd isolate from a vial in my q-banger and ended up doing like 200mg.. :D

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Siebter

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC (if applicable). Read more about it here.

Stu,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Unfortunately I have to agree to the statements being made about @MagHeater earlier in this thread.

It's been almost six months since I preordered a Slim Automatic, it was originally scheduled for feb / mid march. Then came Corona... and a lot of other things that kept him from finally sending me the device. Yes, his family is not very supportive (literally trying to boycott his work), but then again: if I can't do business the proper way for whatever reason I just don't offer a service, right? God knows I have been patient as I am a huge fan of the Mag Heater series, but looking back I feel like I lost a lot of time asking what the status of my device was, reading again and again about improvements being made, printers fucking up, family terror, chipped teeth, being sick, yadda yadda yadda.

Within that time I received at least six or eight announcements that the device is „almost ready“ and about to be shipped „next week“ or whatever, both via email and in his blog. On his YT channel there's a video announcing that the Slim Automatic is finally released, it was uploaded two months ago. About 1½ weeks ago he even sent me pictures of the device and announced to send it sometime last week. And that was the last time I heard from him.

And I can consider myself lucky, as I was supposed to get the first unit, don't even want to try to imagine how the others who ordered a Slim feel now.

I'm not even sure what to make of it, I have no idea what's going on. He could be locked in the basement by his family for all I know. Or drinking champagne on an island.

If you have the opportunity to get a Mag Heater, go for it. I sincerely believe they are the best IHs out there. I'm not sure whether vapeurshop.com still handles the Compact series, you will have to mail the shop owner about it. But unless you are heavily into torture chamber-like zen experiences, I have to warn you about @MagHeater and his non-existent sense for timing.

I'm still hoping to hear from him, but it seems like for the first time I have to apply for PayPals money back service. Hope that works out. :-/

Last edited:
Top Bottom