Lung/brain damage from bho

herbivore21

If you guys are worried about residual solvents, use ISO for your waxes/shatters/etc. There is absolutely no way you are not gonna notice if there is any ISO left in a still hot dish of shatter ;) Stuff stinks to high heavens!

AGLCqRF.jpg

Otherwise, like 2clicker says, use ethanol. Ethanol is a very forgiving solvent with accidentally too long wash times, and even if some is left in your product it remains safe to consume (DO NOT DRIVE, VAPING ETHANOL FROM POORLY PURGED EXTRACTS WILL MAKE YOU DRUNK IN ENOUGH QUANTITY).

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Yeah, just now there are ways to actually consume said oil. The addition of nails really helped with oil consumption, before all you had was hot knifes and pepsi 2 liters cut in half, a crack pipe, or simply placing some on top of a bowl of some bud. None of those is very appealing or efficient. Shit, we even have pens now!

Technology just needed to catch up, it seems.

DogBoy

know fear
...we used to mix it aboot 50/50 and just call the mix "hash oil"...

...it was dispensed in 1grm foil packets...

...typically the mix was used to lace joints or combusted in a hash pipe...

fernand

We should have access to laboratory grade extracts. My lungs are feeling terrible. I'm seriously worried about the health risk here.

FWIW i think all concentrates are hard on the lungs. It's a resin vapor that's water insoluble. It deposits in trachea and lungs like in glassware. I somehow doubt it's due to butane. Plus it's usually hot. Vaping at controlled temps and a good water tool seems like a start. I've found that high temps just waste the precious substance and irritate my precious tissues.

Having tried a few I think the Solo is one of the most versatile portables. Flowers to Concentrates. It's not stealthy, but works great. On ebay they go for under $150.

Last edited:
fernand,
Reactions: Jahannum

KimDracula

FWIW i think all concentrates are hard on the lungs. It's a resin vapor that's water insoluble. It deposits in trachea and lungs like in glassware. I somehow doubt it's due to butane. Plus it's usually hot. Vaping at controlled temps and a good water tool seems like a start. I've found that high temps just waste the precious substance and irritate my precious tissues.

Having tried a few I think the Solo is one of the most versatile portables. Flowers to Concentrates. It's not stealthy, but works great. On ebay they go for under $150.

Do you (or anyone else, obviously) think that concentrates are hard on the lungs because it's a concentrated dose or do you think there's something fundamentally different about the way our bodies handle residue from concentrates as opposed to flower vapor or even flower smoke?

KimDracula,

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Maybe he sprays onto a dab mat? I've heard of it retaining solvents that it pushes out over time etc.

iDRINKBLEACH,

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
I was dabbing strictly BHO for about 2 years up until a few months ago when I started making rosin. I have been depressed for many years but I am in a better mood recently (less depressed anyways), I have less mood swings and I feel less anxious lately.

These may or may not be related, just sayin.. ;)

EverythingsHazy

I agree with this. I almost feel like a waxy coating on my lungs after a nice hit which would go away after a few min. Made an absolute with my last batch, lost 10% weight due to waxes. Now i dont get that waxy feeling after a hit.
picture.php
Woah! That looks like velvet.

EverythingsHazy,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Maybe he sprays onto a dab mat? I've heard of it retaining solvents that it pushes out over time etc.

Don't think it matters, HE, hasn't been signed into the board SINCE 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why we're reviving a 3 year old, fear mongering thread, OP and a few others who posted here, haven't even logged in since then.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: smokum
Top Bottom