LSV or Vriptech

VapingDitto

420 Gamer
Hello everyone,
I per-ordered the cloud on 2/xx/2012. I will be waiting a while, unfortunately I have the itch to buy a new vape! :cool:

I'm wondering the difference between the LSV, Vriptech, UD, and RockZap. Any opinions would help me pick up a new vape to add to my collection.

I'm going to be Vaporbonging most of the time!:mmmm: Anyways, I live in a College Apartment so I cannot just leave a vape out for LONG periods of time (R-Mate) so warm up time is an issue. I do not enjoy the burning/woody taste from my MFLB so it has to taste clean. I am a poor college student living off of financial aid so Efficiency will help :). The ability to whip out a vape and use it for a quick sesh then stashing it away is quite important. How much smell the unit produces during and after it's use is quite important for me. Price is not a BIG issue for me, even though that contradicts my "i am a poor college student" statement above. (Saved up lots and lots of B-Day money ;D)
So here's a recap.
1. Taste
2. Efficiency
3. Smell (of unit while in use/after use)
4. Portability (Clean up time after vaping?)
5. Price
6. Warm-up Time
Please post any opinions and a scale between 1-10 for each!

Thanks guys/girls

(Sorry for my grammatical errors, I'm quite Medicated)

VapingDitto,

Nosferatu

The 2 log vapes take a while to heat up so if you got one one those I would leave it plugged in 24-7. But your best choice is the LSV I believe for durability and 2 minute warm up time. The VHW gives a little purer and more potent of a hit I heard but its too fragile for your environment I believe. The LSV milks a bong like no other and is so easy! LSV 8/10

Nosferatu,
Reactions: Alexis

VapingDitto

420 Gamer
How is the bowl capacity on the LSV? whats the minimum i can load? maximum?

(Thanks for reply btw)

VapingDitto,

NewSchoolExplorer

Some people like smooth clear vapor, some like visible vapor that is a little thick, its all preference based. There isn't THE BEST VAPE but there are vapes that you might like more so than others.

1. Taste (taste and smell go together: more taste = more smell (generally))

If you like big hits and LOVE vapor bonging it I say go with a desktop style vape with GONG attachment to vapor bong.

If you want a discrete vape than get a portable (what material do you use? Plant or Oil? There are some great portable oil vapes but currently I have not found one that can give as big of a hit as I would like from flower)

From here its a matter of personal preference along with some research. You came to the right sight with many knowledgeable members.

Also WHY DONT YOU USE AN EXTREME Q with GONG attachment to vapor bong? If we understand how you use your vape and what you want from the product then members can help you out but I suggest reading up on threads on vaporizers that interest you.

NewSchoolExplorer,

VapingDitto

420 Gamer
I have used my extreme was Gong and it's pretty great :). Only thing i can complain about is the clean up. I just want something smaller and easier to handle. Less or at least smaller pieces to mess around with. I want something for personal everyday use. Take it out, medicate, and put it away. Something efficient without losing the taste.

VapingDitto,

NewSchoolExplorer

Well than why not use the Solo with your bong? Its small and easy to clean and meets your criteria and you already own one?

Airflow will be an issue with most portable vapes to vapor bong as they are really made to be compact and not attached that the trade off with portables and desktop vapes.

Its like buying a sports car and trying to fit a family 5 in it. Or a getting a minivan and trying to go drifting/tracking/etc. with it. Two different products for two different uses. GL with find your ideal vape.

NewSchoolExplorer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Damn, dude. You're tough to please. Have you tried the 4-hole stems for the Solo?

Stu,

VapingDitto

420 Gamer
haha, I don't mean to be. I'm just on the search for that "perfect" vape for me. You know :). I haven't yet. How is that? does the bowl capacity increases with it?

VapingDitto,
If taste, potency and airpath purity are your priorities, than the VHW annihalates the LSV. You will get bigger, tastier, more satisfying hits.

The VHW is an order of magnitude less durable. It has exposed, thin, intricate glass that must be babied, but it pretty much completely outclasses every vape in my signature. I hope the Cloud will even top it, but for the time being, the queen bee of my arsenal is the Vriptech.

charliedontsurf,

VapingDitto

420 Gamer
Oh sorry NewSchool, I didn't read your post below the video ( I have AdHd :( ) Yes I agree. A desktop works great for my given situation. and I agree with your analogy about the car and family. Thanks for your help my friend!

I'm looking for a wand type sytem or something that is one piece- 2 piece. I hate fumbling around with hoses, bowls, picks, ect ect. I would like to plug up. Load. Take rip. Clean up. Put away. Done with medication.

VapingDitto,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The bowl size is the same. But you get more airflow with double the holes. Slightly weaker hit, but less drag.

There is no "perfect" vape for you. You can only hope to enjoy the persuit to find it. ;)

:peace:

Stu,

VapingDitto

420 Gamer
@Charlie
Interesting... Have you tried the VHW 2.0? I found this guy on Craiglist that is selling the Pro package with the water pipe, Bowls, and VHW unit but it's a 2.0 for only 150... I have confirmed that the unit is in average to good condition and the water pipe seems like it just needs a cleaning. Should i go out and buy a 3.0 wand or buy just the 2.0? Can you load very little w/ the VHW like .2 worth? or whats the minimum and maximum?

VapingDitto,

scottio19

scotty
look into the HI. it's a faster-heating log vape and is supposed to give monster rips like the UD, and efficient like all log vapes. LSV is nice but users report that the HI matches it in hit size. Vriptech would probably give the biggest hits (I've used one but don't own it) but it is the most cumbersome

shit, that water-pipe deal on craigslist is a steal though

scottio19,
I'm not 100% clear on what the difference between the 3.0 and 2.0 is, but I believe it's minor, like an upgraded thermocouple and a slightly different heater cover for instance? Even the VHW 1.0 was supposed to be a superb performer.

If the guy in question is throwing straight dice and the pieces are in good shape, I'd probably jump on that deal. The Vriptech waterpipes always looked nice and were never cheap, so I think it's a good deal.

.1 - .2 is my normal pack with my VHW, so yes, it should work fine.

charliedontsurf,

scottio19

scotty
nope, it's in production, there's just a wait list and you can contact him by email. check out the thread. he'll probably set up the HI website when he isn't occupied with FC orders

scottio19,

VapingDitto

420 Gamer
Looks like im picking up a Vhw! Ty charlie.

I always wanted a log vape so ill talk to HI person. Thx scott

VapingDitto,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
here is are some of my videos, may help your search. i still use all of these on a daily basis . i had a hard time deciding between the LSV and VRIP but decided on the LSV cause it fits my needs better.

ilovebOObs,

VapingDitto

420 Gamer
I am leaning towards vriptech right now. Why did you end up choosing lsv over vhw?

Whoaaa the HI produce super cloudy hits... Almost look like its combusting. Hows your abv on that guy? And whats the warm up time? Hows the taste?

VapingDitto,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
I am leaning towards vriptech right now. Why did you end up choosing lsv over vhw?

Whoaaa the HI produce super cloudy hits... Almost look like its combusting. Hows your abv on that guy? And whats the warm up time? Hows the taste?

i choose the LSV just because i needed something durable, easy to pack with a fast heat up time . i have kids at home so i can't just be leaving stuff out either. i just felt it suited my needs more the the Vrip.

yeah the HI is an amazing vape, my abv is very similar to the solo's abv on 5-7, dark brown but not black.
very big smooth hits. i use the HI when i have time to enjoy vaping. i use the LSV when i wanna get super high super fast.

edit: forgot to mention the HI heats up in under 5 mins.

ilovebOObs,

Bouldorado

My vote is for a log vape of some kind, followed by the lsv. the reason for this is versatility; both the lsv and log vape can be used dry. on the other hand, if you get a vrip and want to use it w/out a waterpipe, you're SOL. Based on the points you listed, a log vape is probably the best. The small bowl size means good taste and efficiency, and also less smell. Regarding size, a log will be more portable and have the added bonus of durability.

The only downside is the long heat up, though that's a non-issue if you leave it plugged in. the actual vape is much more discrete than a lsv or vrip, so unless someone knows vaporizers, you could just tell them it's a handwarmer/"aroma therapy device".

I currently have a lsv as my daily driver, and of all the different vapes I've owned, a log is the only one I'd consider going back to.

Bouldorado,

weedemon

enthusiast
I think if you buy a VHW and then get a cloud in a month or 2 you are going to regret buying the VHW.

because you own the SSV, I think you are going to be disappointed with the LSV as it's basically a hand held version of the ssv. (- the tubing)

I can recommend the UD, it's a big cloud producer, and the 3/8 inch tubing really improves the airflow over the usual 1/4 most logs use. The UD does take between 20-45 min to get up to temp though. the log vape also can sit out with a legitimate use so you can leave it out and plugged in. Aroma therapy!

I see you have a decent list of vapes already. Have you considered the Thermovape? it's portable. tastes great, takes 30s to hit it. don't go though herb like crazy.

another you may want to consider is the supreme, but it's not efficient on the herbs i gather! :p massive clouds made for vapor bonging!

weedemon,

VapingDitto

420 Gamer
@boobs - I looked at the lsv and it seems like the heater cover comes off to reveal the heating element just like in the ssv. What is this mode used for?(how is it used without heating cover)

@weedemon - have you tried RockZap over the UD? How do they compare?
And you are probably right about the regrets after i buy the cloud. I preordered this year unfortunately.

@bouldorado - only thing that i can see being a problem about log vapes is there warmup time. I can only vape when my roomies gone and unfortunately he is connected to the land lord so i dont want him to know whats up. With that said, i need something that i can whip out really quick, use, and then clean up. Without sacraficing quality. The HI looks probable but there is a waiting list.

VapingDitto,
Top Bottom