Looking to find a solid grinder that lasts.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Just remember all stainless steel is not created equal, I have seen el cheapo supposed 304S/S grinders with corrosion pits and my 304s/s CVault has rust on all the weld spots.:2c: The Old Mate uses medical grade 304S/S, just something to think about when only spending a few bucks on a stainless steel grinder...especially if the seller does not even give you the grade of S/S.
Ben at Old Mate will make the grinders from any material you ask for and even has Ti if you want (I upgraded to 316S/S myself). Just a shame Ben (OM) is too busy to make grinders at this time...should be able to again soon I hope.

Yeah that’s another reason I’ve decided on BCG. They use a really good aluminum. Good enough I’m not sure I’ll get a second stainless model. Thanks for all the input!

Goat Whip

I tried the electric one with the 2way rocker switch from Amazon. Seeing them cheaper on platforms like aliexpress now.

It could be better quality , but it gets a lot of use around here and she's holding up very well.

Goat Whip,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Pinte

I find it quite the opposite. The taste is twice as strong finger ground vs through my BCG.

Pinte,

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
If using your fingers, especially with fresh, loud, terpy bud, you're left smelling like your flower.

With fresh home grown, I have to wash up with a DIY olive oil/sugar scrub mix to knock down the smell after handling... and then wash again. :shrug:

A grinder is essentially a requirement for me personally, at least on most days.

Kebo1923

I have never needed to clean my brilliant cut. Seems to already be OPs choice. Went with a medium plate on standard size. Have had no issues. Primarily used with Dynavap.

stinkytofus

my BCG actually got gunked up on my first grind, i had really sticky icky flowers, the stickiest i've had in a while

stinkytofus,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

DrJynx86

I bought a Large Space Case grinder in 2013, I think it was 90 usd with 10 usd for international shipping, and got lucky and didn't had to pay any extra taxes in customs... nowadays the large goes for 175 usd, talk about inflation haha... but truly I can say this thing has grinded probably two pounds per year for the last decade and it will keep going strong for the next century.

DrJynx86,

DrJynx86

I had an 88mm SpaceCase, used it for years and thought it was great...I gave it away after getting a Large BCG and wondered how I ever put up with it for so long.:2c:
Reading a review of the BCG and I see where it triumphs over the Space Case, I have to say that I do like to regrind a couple of times for the style of grind I like in my vapes, very fine and slightly packed, great vapor on the Solo, and that is a hassle of unscrew, regrind, check, repeat.

Mine also have a very clogged screen, haven't cleaned in ages.

JBone65

Screenshot-20230904-080837.png

Bought my first decent grinder in 50+ years 14 months ago, an aluminum Kannastor. I was too cheap to spring for the BCG. Anyway, no regrets to date, have really enjoyed it.

Have also determined that a fine grind works best in my little bamboo HI. Decided to INVEST $58 in a Cannabis Hardware dedicated fine grinder. Should receive it in a day or two. If it works like I expect, it should payout in terms of improved efficiency/enjoyment. Anyone else use a fine screen or a dedicated fine grinder?

Edit: This was the only grinder I could find that supposedly grinds very fine specifically for vaping. $58 is probably too much for a secondary grinder.

Screenshot-20230904-095128.png

Last edited:

stinkytofus

Bought my first decent grinder in 50+ years 14 months ago, an aluminum Kannastor. I was too cheap to spring for the BCG. Anyway, no regrets to date, have really enjoyed it.

Have also determined that a fine grind works best in my little bamboo HI. Decided to INVEST in a Cannabis Hardware dedicated fine grinder. Should receive it in a day or two. If it works like I expect, it should payout in terms of improved efficiency/enjoyment. Anyone else use a fine screen or a dedicated fine grinder?
i got this and the $5 storz and bickle, the $5 grinder works fine, this grinder is not bad but for the price i’d probably spring for a kannastor aluminum or bcg

stinkytofus,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

budski

cantre member
I'm in love with my Auto9 electric, it has 15 teeth and a 1/4 capacity, really fast for filling dose caps, while leaving less of your happy in the grinder. I find the finer grinds to me, taste more planty and less terpy.

4-Aces King-High

Have also determined that a fine grind works best in my little bamboo HI. Decided to INVEST $58 in a Cannabis Hardware dedicated fine grinder. Should receive it in a day or two. If it works like I expect, it should payout in terms of improved efficiency/enjoyment. Anyone else use a fine screen or a dedicated fine grinder?

Edit: This was the only grinder I could find that supposedly grinds very fine specifically for vaping. $58 is probably too much for a secondary grinder.

Screenshot-20230904-095128.png
Just ordered an Armband CH 3”/50bucks,prefer a 3-or 4-piece but they start at $108. Having multiple grinders on hand . Now want the $108 plus Ones. lol imm. black-Friday maybe?

4-Aces King-High,

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I have experience with the Black Leaf deluxe steel grinders and they are top notch! Machined from single pieces, very simple design but useful. The 3-piece one doesnt even have a magnet but i dont find it necessary as they are intended for home use and built to last.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
In the meantime I'm using a green monkey. It's not bad. But i do think I'm going to stuck to my plan of getting a large aluminum BCG. It'll be a bit down the road but yeah

BeltedCoyote,

onesixty2

Can personally vouch for both OMD and BCG factory second Large coarse plate. I've owned my OMD for awhile and it has gone through a lot of flower and cleaning. BCG just arrived this past week, and looks incredibly special with its gemcut top/bottom, and color. Can't say which I prefer more, but luckily they have very different grind plate characteristics so I don't have to directly compare.

JBone65

I finally received my 3" CH Fine Grinder yesterday. It's very different from the 2" Kannastor, nicer in most ways. It's machined from billet aluminum thus hefty, heavier than I expected. It has extremely smooth turning and cutting action as if on ball bearings at all times. Most importantly the grind consistency is ideal for vaping IMO, with no chunks or clumps or fines. It doesn't grind to a powder, even though I cranked on it for at least 30 seconds. It's the consistency I usually try to achieve with my fingertips, only easier. It's not too fine to roll a joint IMO. There's no storage compartment in the model I ordered, have to work around that. I need something with a wide mouth to dump it into, or must dump it onto a flat surface to get at any of it. I have only used it three times thus far, in an easy application. Haven't yet stress tested it with sticky moist whole bud.....maybe later today.....👺

Last edited:

4-Aces King-High

Just remember all stainless steel is not created equal, I have seen el cheapo supposed 304S/S grinders with corrosion pits and my 304s/s CVault has rust on all the weld spots.:2c: The Old Mate uses medical grade 304S/S, just something to think about when only spending a few bucks on a stainless steel grinder...especially if the seller does not even give you the grade of S/S.
Ben at Old Mate will make the grinders from any material you ask for and even has Ti if you want (I upgraded to 316S/S myself). Just a shame Ben (OM) is too busy to make grinders at this time...should be able to again soon I hope.
Medical Grade is what I just got yesterday,Cannabis Hardware Armband 3” Grinder . It is now my favorite Grinder that I own.
Fine Grind is what I was looking for the Vaporizers in my Collection, a three piece budget version would be great,ones available around $210 and I have not crossed that plateau yet . None of my grinders were over $60.
I also have an S&B Large Plastic Grinder that turns flower almost to powder if not careful or over grind. The S&Bs are budget-priced at @ $12.
I prefer the Medical Grade Metal Grinders and the Cannabis Hardware has filled that position- For Now anyway haha.
Good Luck in Your Picking a Grinder .

budski

cantre member
I think the only thing that would improve the BCG is if the facets wrapped around the edge a bit for a little texture giving better grip while starting moist sticky chunks

budski,
Top Bottom