Looking to find a solid grinder that lasts.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Title says it all. I’m looking for a well built grinder that is ideal for a vape user. Kinda hoping to find one that goes the distance. I’m tired of having to replace them.

So, what are people using?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Title says it all. I’m looking for a well built grinder that is ideal for a vape user. Kinda hoping to find one that goes the distance. I’m tired of having to replace them.

So, what are people using?
This question is explored very deeply in the grinders thread:

I myself love my BCGs over all other grinders. A close second is my Old Mate Designs Aroma3. Both will last forever, grind without stopping or jamming, and are generally a joy to use. I just find the BCG fits better in the hand and is more comfortable.

Have fun!

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
+1 to BCG. I was really skeptical of the hype levels, but they are a fantastic product that blew past my expectations. I would think the SS is a buy-it-for-life purchase that you would never "need" to replace, though you might want to try other grinders for fun down the line =D

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Old Mate is not available at this time so I vote for the BCG, I will add the large version of the BCG is pretty easy on the hands as the mechanical advantage of simply being larger is great.
Yeah, I tend to reach for the large one at home more too. Although I usually travel with the regular size.

I would be down for a stainless steel BCG if they had the brilliant cut bottom like the others.

GoldenBud

SS304 is not an expensive stuff, but will last you a lot of years. Search AliExpress for "Stainless steel grinder" and get the "HONEYPUFF" one. it will last more than aluminum grinder. I used to know somebody that really liked his HONEYPUFF grinder.

you can get a BCG if you need a grinder that is not as heavy as the HONEYPUFF one. SS304 grinder weights more than an Aluminum grinder.
also the BCG looks much cooler, dank.

The ss304 grinder will cost you around 35$

Last edited:

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
SS304 is not an expensive stuff, but will last you a lot of years. Search AliExpress for "Stainless steel grinder" and get the "HONEYPUFF" one. it will last more than aluminum grinder. I used to know somebody that really liked his HONEYPUFF grinder.

you can get a BCG if you need a grinder that is not as heavy as the HONEYPUFF one. SS304 grinder weights more than an Aluminum grinder.
also the BCG looks much cooler, dank.

The ss304 grinder will cost you around 35$

No disrespect but I’d rather support Canada and pay a little more than the Chinese alternative.

davesmith

Glass Blower
I bought a herb ripper (no where in the uk to get a stainless bcg) and gotta say i love it. The threads are the only point of weakness i see but mines been a daily driver for probs 2 years now

Bababouy

+1 on the Brilliant Cut Grinder.

I also have a 3 inch 4 piece Mendo mulcher that was my go to for over a decade before I bought the BCG earlier this year. It’s not perfect in terms of grind and what not but it’s built like a tank. I’ve had countless other grinders between including shredders, spacecase, sharp stone. I end up getting frustrated with all of them for one reason or another.

Maschine

Instead of any brand I highly suggest you to buy a stainless steel grinder this will last forever and Aluminium, plastic etc. are weaker and produce more abrasion. Another point I would pay attention to is the size. If you use a very small grinder I find it harder / unpleasant too use because you have no good grip.
I think the rest is up to you and your preferences. I have good results with a stainless steel grinder for around 40€.

Maschine,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I've said this ad nauseam in the grinders thread, but a premium grinder should bring quality of life upgrades. Any grinder will work. Scissors and picking by hand also works great. But a premium grinder should never jam, be easy to use, and last forever. Unfortunately that rules out many grinders including expensive ones. My SCS and HR jam all the time, unthread while grinding and are basically pain in the ass. However they do the job and if I did not have a BCG, etc I would not care all that much.

So, I think brands do make a difference, when it comes to a premium experience. That's the beauty of this forum you can get real world opinions on something from people who have used it (and usually also used all the others).

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I use a ZAM stainless steel 2-pc. $65. I can't see why it wouldn't last forever. They also have some 4-pc designs.

@ZAM is an active member here as well.

Magic9,
Reactions: Octavia

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I've said this ad nauseam in the grinders thread, but a premium grinder should bring quality of life upgrades. Any grinder will work. Scissors and picking by hand also works great. But a premium grinder should never jam, be easy to use, and last forever. Unfortunately that rules out many grinders including expensive ones. My SCS and HR jam all the time, unthread while grinding and are basically pain in the ass. However they do the job and if I did not have a BCG, etc I would not care all that much.

So, I think brands do make a difference, when it comes to a premium experience. That's the beauty of this forum you can get real world opinions on something from people who have used it (and usually also used all the others).

That's why I started this thread. I've had the shredders and space cases. I found a green monkey with a particularly large holding chamber. Then it fell and the top grinding plate dented in such a way that it's dented and can't turn without grinding off bits of whatever coating the is and bits of aluminum.

I looked up BCG and then found the thread. I also watched some reviews. Your stance on premium grinders is why I want a BCG. Are they perfect? No. Are they consistent? Seems so. Do they gunk up a lot and if so do they stop working? Apparently no, and they don't need a ton of cleaning anyway. At least not like the generic no name grinder found in a non legal state's headshop. And really? They have a big one. And I can pick the colors.

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
That's why I started this thread. I've had the shredders and space cases. I found a green monkey with a particularly large holding chamber. Then it fell and the top grinding plate dented in such a way that it's dented and can't turn without grinding off bits of whatever coating the is and bits of aluminum.

I looked up BCG and then found the thread. I also watched some reviews. Your stance on premium grinders is why I want a BCG. Are they perfect? No. Are they consistent? Seems so. Do they gunk up a lot and if so do they stop working? Apparently no, and they don't need a ton of cleaning anyway. At least not like the generic no name grinder found in a non legal state's headshop. And really? They have a big one. And I can pick the colors.
now let’s discuss plates. I started with a medium and found it to be decent for bud with the right hydration, but for dry weed it makes dust like most do.

however I later picked up a coarse plate and love it. Basically put the medium away and haven’t used it. But depending on what you wanna spend in total ….

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
now let’s discuss plates. I started with a medium and found it to be decent for bud with the right hydration, but for dry weed it makes dust like most do.

however I later picked up a coarse plate and love it. Basically put the medium away and haven’t used it. But depending on what you wanna spend in total ….

Haha yeah that's actually what I was hoping someone would chime in with. I'm in a non legal state (hilarious because every state around us has some level of legality) point of all that is I don't really have any consistency for flower to the level of the legal states. It does seem to trend drier though.

At this point I'm just looking for something that's going to work for a dyna. Only other vapes on my radar are the couch log or maybe an entry level ball vape. Sooo would the coarse plate be the better option?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

This is a good point, and I find your logic impeccable. Although I do use the fine plate for my vapman (and sometimes my Zeal).

I think all the plates are great, but if I were buying just one I would go medium or coarse. You can always grind upside down if you want it a bit more finely ground.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Don’t choose a grinder based on your weed moisture content, since with proper airtight containers like CVaults & Boveda packs, you can control the moisture, and have a better experience than anything DRY…. yuck…

Generic accepted formula:
CONDUCTION DEVICES (Mighty, IQ2, Dynavaps, Starry4) = FINE PLATE
CONVECTION DEVICES (TinyMight, Roffu, Grasshopper) = MEDIUM PLATE

I use both Small & Large BCG grinders, and own the 3 available plates for each.
ENJOY!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Just remember all stainless steel is not created equal, I have seen el cheapo supposed 304S/S grinders with corrosion pits and my 304s/s CVault has rust on all the weld spots.:2c: The Old Mate uses medical grade 304S/S, just something to think about when only spending a few bucks on a stainless steel grinder...especially if the seller does not even give you the grade of S/S.
Ben at Old Mate will make the grinders from any material you ask for and even has Ti if you want (I upgraded to 316S/S myself). Just a shame Ben (OM) is too busy to make grinders at this time...should be able to again soon I hope.

Top Bottom