Looking to Collect/Purchase a List of Best On Demand Vaporizers

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
With the bricks, the general consensus is that as long as you're using clean, proven butane, you dont have anything to worry about with the inhaling fumes. Pure butane converts to harmless gasses once burnt completely, or at least harmless in the levels you'd actually be exposed to. CO2 and something else, if I remember correctly.

Logs can be left on for extended amounts of time. My Underdog is on 24/7 unless im leaving the house for more than 24 hours. Its great because it's the definition of instant, there is no warm up when used like this, it's always ready to go. I keep my stems and bud right next to it, walk up, suck up some flower, hit it, and done. If I said it takes me 30 seconds, that would be a lot. You can also put it on a smart timer/app, to power on 30 mins before you expect to be home, or an old school manual timer and set it to be on from whatever times you choose.

From what I understand the vapbong is similar, as are most desktops. Although I dont think the "heavies" will render the logs useless. For example I use my log for microdosing throughout the day. It's extremely easy to get what I consider to be consistent, measured "doses" with them, and stay at whatever level you want, for as long as you want.

When I want big hits to just get high I would use something else. Which is where the heavy or whatever else you would like to use would come into play.

IF you do decide to go with a brick, I would definitely re consider taking the runt out as an option. I love that thing.

Vapefanatic

With the bricks, the general consensus is that as long as you're using clean, proven butane, you dont have anything to worry about with the inhaling fumes. Pure butane converts to harmless gasses once burnt completely, or at least harmless in the levels you'd actually be exposed to. CO2 and something else, if I remember correctly.

Logs can be left on for extended amounts of time. My Underdog is on 24/7 unless im leaving the house for more than 24 hours. Its great because it's the definition of instant, there is no warm up when used like this, it's always ready to go. I keep my stems and bud right next to it, walk up, suck up some flower, hit it, and done. If I said it takes me 30 seconds, that would be a lot. You can also put it on a smart timer/app, to power on 30 mins before you expect to be home, or an old school manual timer and set it to be on from whatever times you choose.

From what I understand the vapbong is similar, as are most desktops. Although I dont think the "heavies" will render the logs useless. For example I use my log for microdosing throughout the day. It's extremely easy to get what I consider to be consistent, measured "doses" with them, and stay at whatever level you want, for as long as you want.

When I want big hits to just get high I would use something else. Which is where the heavy or whatever else you would like to use would come into play.

IF you do decide to go with a brick, I would definitely re consider taking the runt out as an option. I love that thing.
What makes the runt better than the junior, OG or the latest Maxx?

Vapefanatic,
Reactions: arb

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

It's not that it's "better," they're just different. The runt is the most versatile, I think anyway. Like the OG is probably "best" for dry hits. The junior is probably "best" for portability. I dont know much about the maxx or even what its main attraction is.

Runt is good for being used dry, or through a water tool. It's like a "coffee table portable" size, not something that I would consider convenient or easy to take with you outside of the house, but no issues at all moving around inside with it. Personally the runt's intake and mouthpiece seem more ergonomic than the others, to me... good bowl size, I think its one of the easier ones to learn on, but could be making that up...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah there are all basically the same, it is form factors, I didn't know they have a new maxx now... Brunch is just a nice option, an in-betweener basically!

Also email Alan to find out what he has available for heat island, you don't have to do a custom on the wait list, he will have some stock available now, regular size or the large size or even halogen potentially...

It will make zero sense for you to get an enano AND an underdog btw if you get a underdog standard and like a large HI that could work?

Also I think the Nomad is not worth having on the list personally? It's an artistan experience not necessarily a unique performance experience? But I forget what the goal is here lol

arb

Semi shaved ape
Yeah there are all basically the same, it is form factors, I didn't know they have a new maxx now... Brunch is just a nice option, an in-betweener basically!

Also email Alan to find out what he has available for heat island, you don't have to do a custom on the wait list, he will have some stock available now, regular size or the large size or even halogen potentially...

It will make zero sense for you to get an enano AND an underdog btw if you get a underdog standard and like a large HI that could work?

Also I think the Nomad is not worth having on the list personally? It's an artistan experience not necessarily a unique performance experience? But I forget what the goal is here lol
I have 4 underdogs,3 e-nanos and one woodscents.
There is absolutely every reason imaginable to own them all........the only way to know.
🙃

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

*I meant Runt, not Brunch, though both are good in-betweeners!

I have 4 underdogs,3 e-nanos and one woodscents.
There is absolutely every reason imaginable to own them all........the only way to know.
🙃

Haha dude I know, I have two heat islands, four Milaana, three Zion, four Splinters, three Tubo/Tetra, and several bricks myself... Planning to get a second tinymight and a second Firewood7 as well...

But I thought the goal here was for OP to get a sampling of top tier vapes with different styles?? I don't even know anymore honestly
:hmm::rofl:

Shadooz

I'm too poor to get why people want to collect so much similar vap...
If i was rich, i would collect glass, a lot, with unique shape and my vape list would only be:
-desktop: herborizer digiti, vapbong
-port: TM
-butane: vapcap, supreme v3.5, elev8r
That's all... but those must definitly be on your collection

sydryherb

I think collections make sense if you’re sure to cover different usage cases and don’t end up with an all S&B backlog or 300 Dynavaps. My collection, after selling off redundant vapes, has been narrowed down to

- Woodscents (log: always on microdoser)
- Tetrax (workhorse)
- Tinymight (portable)
- Piro (butane)
- Dynavap + Orion (porch portable?)
- Ditanium (heavy)

Haven’t been totally pleased with my Ditanium, lately it has just been used for concentrates. It’ll likely get replaced by a Herbo or Inverzion once it releases, but boy do I wish I could get a heavy with some burl wood involved!

cooper

I'm too poor to get why people want to collect so much similar vap...
If i was rich, i would collect glass, a lot, with unique shape and my vape list would only be:
-desktop: herborizer digiti, vapbong
-port: TM
-butane: vapcap, supreme v3.5, elev8r
That's all... but those must definitly be on your collection
Good news shadooz. You don't need to be rich to collect cool glass thanks to everyone's favourite country, China lol Check out Dhgate for bargain priced awesomeness.

Vapefanatic

Imagine if China caught up with artisanal vapes? God forbids someone who actually vapes herbs starts communicating with them in their native language? Heck I could be a China spy gathering the top models to knock off their techs. Although I suppose there is nothing much proprietary about them? In fact, China could probably contribute to making a lot of these models more user friendly/ more commercial. They'd actually be better imo. For instance, I'm sure they'd find a way to make it safer. Less exposed heat source maybe?

Why not make the list about which model you'd send to China? Send them the best to make it better? Makes sense? I must be really baked! LOL

Shadooz

@cooper dhgate are good for generic, i've got a mobius matrix for 20€ but i'v never found interesting bubbler with some artistic shape, and i've check hours to find some, with an 18mm female..
There is more big bong (manys levels) which are bad for vaping (useless condensation and have to empty a too big volume before getting vape). Tiny bubbler with size of a matrix are still just generic... found no instagramer with good ones :cry:

@Vapefanatic they make copy of plastic ones... as if they want to slowly kill people with intoxication. (Like with corona... no conspiracy theory thoughts XD )
A chinese vapcap must be easy to make, but those on alibaba won't click...

Last edited:

Vapefanatic

@cooper dhgate are good for generic, i've got a mobius matrix for 20€ but i'v never found interesting bubbler with some artistic shape, and i've check hours to find some, with an 18mm female..
There is more big bong (manys levels) which are bad for vaping (useless condensation and have to empty a too big volume before getting vape). Tiny bubbler with size of a matrix are still just generic... found no instagramer with good ones :cry:

@Vapefanatic they make copy of plastic ones... as if they want to slowly kill people with intoxication. (Like with corona... no conspiracy theory thoughts XD )
A chinese vapcap must be easy to make, but those on alibaba won't click...

They got no clue what or how the product is/ should be used. Their only motivation is that it sells. But that doesn't mean these guys ain't smart? Only problem is they can be jailed for testing the product with actual weed. But how else are they gonna understand what/ why it works?

They need a testing group here on FC. That should feed them with enough knowledge to create products that actually caters to market needs. After all, not everyone can afford or wait for artisanals. This could be what the mass public needs?

Not my intention to dwell on this. I actually don't really care about countries. None of us could've chosen where to be born so it's moot lol. But I'm having so much fun and learning so much. Thank you all so much!

Vapefanatic,

Shadooz

A lot of manufacturers are established in prohibition area, S&B in germany, herborizer in france, TM in scandinavia. But they all work pretty well, there is not only cannabis that can be sublimate. I do eucalyptus mix with peppermint for sinus issues...

Even a dumb ass will understand that it's the click that make the vapcap works well.

The first reason is that market isn't enough interesting for world mass production yet, but legalisations that occur will change that and chinese will follow the market.

Vapefanatic

A lot of manufacturers are established in prohibition area, S&B in germany, herborizer in france, TM in scandinavia. But they all work pretty well, there is not only cannabis that can be sublimate. I do eucalyptus mix with peppermint for sinus issues...

Even a dumb ass will understand that it's the click that make the vapcap works well.

The first reason is that market isn't enough interesting for world mass production yet, but legalisations that occur will change that and chinese will follow the market.
Looks like a good time for them to start studying right now?

I wonder, could I sell them a set each off my list at a profit? LOL

Vapefanatic,

Vaporware

The goal was a list of the “Best On Demand Vaporizers” which is...not well defined.

If the OP is only going for the heaviest hitters, you’d know better than me if it should be on the list, but if you take into account the artisan aspects, the o-rings vs GonG to hold in the stem, the minimal simple components and overall size, unless you have a problem with a Nichrome heating element (which if I remember correctly you do?) I think it’s more than earned its place in a list of the most interesting, most beautiful, and most portable on-demand vaporizers.

It also has some cool innovations like replaceable heater cartridges, the type of stem/o-ring system that I think the Imp and TinyMight (which added the compression ring on top) borrowed, etc. Not sure why so few others have tried to put the heater as deep down since it really helps to increase the vapor path length without having a long stem sticking out the top.

Because mine is so crazy on the customizations I don’t have it yet, so I have to rely on opinions from you and others. I think you’re the least enthusiastic Nomad owner I know of, so I’m interested to hear more about your experiences.

As I understand it you could taste something from the Nichrome heating element you didn’t like, so I think you put it away fairly early on? Do you feel like you got enough experience to learn what the low and high heaters are really capable of after making sure the electrical contacts were clean? If so, any comparisons of the vapor/performance you’d make with others you’ve used?

I’ve always maintained that it’s probably not the hardest hitting since others like the TinyMight have larger heaters and thicker stems, but from other people’s descriptions and the few videos that have been posted it’s always appeared to have good performance and good flavor (as long as you don’t taste the Nichrome).

Right now I would recommend the TinyMight to people looking for the hardest hitting battery powered on-demand convection portable (as long as they’re aware of the wait times and stuff), but for someone with a little different priorities or who wants a variety of different experiences and styles within the on-demand convection world, I think the Nomad recommendation is solid as far as I can tell.

I know I’m a bit Nomad-obsessed because of the areas where I feel like it’s the best around, but I’m always happy to hear the other side of things. That’s saved me from plenty of questionable purchases, and maybe you can help the people who the Nomad isn’t right for to choose what is right for them instead. :)

Imagine if China caught up with artisanal vapes? God forbids someone who actually vapes herbs starts communicating with them in their native language? Heck I could be a China spy gathering the top models to knock off their techs. Although I suppose there is nothing much proprietary about them? In fact, China could probably contribute to making a lot of these models more user friendly/ more commercial. They'd actually be better imo. For instance, I'm sure they'd find a way to make it safer. Less exposed heat source maybe?

Why not make the list about which model you'd send to China? Send them the best to make it better? Makes sense? I must be really baked! LOL

I’m sure some of those companies have taken ideas from other vaporizers, but they tend to focus on mass producing cheap products so there’s a lot more plastic, silicon, etc. than you see in artisan stuff, and at least some of us are interested in these in part because we’re more comfortable with wood/glass/etc.

I’m not saying they couldn’t do a good job, but someone overseeing the project would have to know the market and what we do and don’t want in them if they wanted to reach a lot of the people who are interested in these artisan pieces. :)

Top Bottom