Looking for something that doesn’t scorch your lungs

noobvaperct

I’ve been using the MVS for quite some time now and I do love it for many reasons. One being is I don’t have a high tolerance to begin with and one bowl can send me to the moon, with that said, I feel like I might need to look for something new. I might be overdoing it when it comes to vaping as well, at least for me.

I like to take super long draws while using my VHB Carbon V2. I removed the plastic plug from the VHB so I can have the tip fully submerged in the heat chamber for bigger clouds I guess? In any event, I started to notice after a long while that I have some chest discomfort in the bronchial area, but only when I take deep big lung filling capacity breaths. This is also probably the second time this has happened ever since I started vaping back in the end of 2020. Now I know people don’t normally breathe like that, but that’s how I found out I have some discomfort. I noticed this earlier in the week and have stopped vaping completely and I already feel better. After doing some reading here and there the culprit seems to be (1) long draws and (2) high temperature which I feel like is impossible to dial in vaping with this setup despite me using a Ti tip and a low temp cap.

Something I should also add is I don’t use any attachment/water piece, I go straight to the face after it clicks. So what I’m looking for or thinking is I need something else that I can use that won’t scorch my lungs, if that makes sense. I don’t know if I would still be able to take long draws or if that’s not recommended in general no matter what vape you use. I am definitely a flavor chaser and am open to anything, including desktops. I read somewhere that using volcano bags is easy on the lungs/throat, not sure if that’s true but it kind of makes sense considering I can fill a bag up and sip on it throughout the day when it’s not connected to the heat source making the vaporing cooler, at least that‘s what I would think.

Please help me out! I would much prefer to not take breaks because of discomfort - so I know I must be doing something wrong. Thank you all.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Not sure if it's your kinda style, but the Tafée Bowle is *really smooth*.

Also keep an eye on temperature controlled IHs for your Dynavap setup, these days they're very rare, but I'm sure they will become more available in the future.

noobvaperct

Not sure if it's your kinda style, but the Tafée Bowle is *really smooth*.

Also keep an eye on temperature controlled IHs for your Dynavap setup, these days they're very rare, but I'm sure they will become more available in the future.
Revolve is coming out with one I believe this year called the Sense? I could be wrong. I think I’m looking for something with a longer pathway/glass going forward because I feel like dynavap is obviously several inches and there’s just no way they can cool better than something with a longer pathway. I feel like longer pathways lead to more cooling which lead to less/no symptoms. I could be wrong as well.

noobvaperct,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I think your reading might have misled you. What I relate to lung-pain is gluing all the cilia that lines your lungs with vape resins. Some flower is worse than others. Even in the same strain, I find harsh and smooth varieties.

Cooling helps but the vape-density and how well your cilia is working has a lot to do with 'tolerance'. Cooling the vape will help a lot.

I am a huge promotor of long stems - long vape paths. I used 5+" stems since very early on in my vaping experience with VC's. Always cool and comfortable. I've been able to trim that down to about 3-1/3rd inches but I still love the longer stems.

You might consider using water to see if the discomfort resolves. If water works, then I can highly recommend the Revolve stem from Mad Heaters. It has an effective vape path as long as my 5" stems. It works amazingly well. Being a beta tester has really open my eyes to what is possible. I was very pleasantly surprised. And I am not a metal stem guy to begin with.

As to the Sense from MH, I am on pins and needles. This thing will be a true game changer in the IH market space.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I could be wrong. I think I’m looking for something with a longer pathway/glass going forward
I think you're right, partly anyway. I started with an eq and a DV. I always struggled with harshness and water helped to some extent but I also felt like it was stealing some of the goodies. I found that, for me at least, reducing the amount of metal in the air and vapour path gives me the most comfort. You can try this for yourself pretty cheaply with an elev8r but you should be aware that it hits hard.

Cheebsy,

noobvaperct

I think you're right, partly anyway. I started with an eq and a DV. I always struggled with harshness and water helped to some extent but I also felt like it was stealing some of the goodies. I found that, for me at least, reducing the amount of metal in the air and vapour path gives me the most comfort. You can try this for yourself pretty cheaply with an elev8r but you should be aware that it hits hard.
I’m okay with hard hitting because I can still control the amount of herb. All I think I’m looking for is the best method for cooling and flavor. Is the elev8r a cheaper version of CH?

noobvaperct,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I think your reading might have misled you. What I relate to lung-pain is gluing all the cilia that lines your lungs with vape resins. Some flower is worse than others. Even in the same strain, I find harsh and smooth varieties.

Cooling helps but the vape-density and how well your cilia is working has a lot to do with 'tolerance'. Cooling the vape will help a lot.

„Vape resins“ do not cover our lungs or the cilia, they get absorbed and then do their job.

Revolve is coming out with one I believe this year called the Sense? I could be wrong.

Yeah, the Sense seems to be the most promising device at the moment, not sure when it'll be ready, though. But believe me, it makes a *huge* difference to be able to cook a cap at precise low temps. I'm using a Mag Heater „Tornado“ and it's awesome, unfortunately *very* hard to buy.

Siebter,
Reactions: Planck

CANtalk

I’ve been using the MVS for quite some time now and I do love it for many reasons. One being is I don’t have a high tolerance to begin with and one bowl can send me to the moon, with that said, I feel like I might need to look for something new. I might be overdoing it when it comes to vaping as well, at least for me.

I like to take super long draws while using my VHB Carbon V2. I removed the plastic plug from the VHB so I can have the tip fully submerged in the heat chamber for bigger clouds I guess? In any event, I started to notice after a long while that I have some chest discomfort in the bronchial area, but only when I take deep big lung filling capacity breaths. This is also probably the second time this has happened ever since I started vaping back in the end of 2020. Now I know people don’t normally breathe like that, but that’s how I found out I have some discomfort. I noticed this earlier in the week and have stopped vaping completely and I already feel better. After doing some reading here and there the culprit seems to be (1) long draws and (2) high temperature which I feel like is impossible to dial in vaping with this setup despite me using a Ti tip and a low temp cap.

Something I should also add is I don’t use any attachment/water piece, I go straight to the face after it clicks. So what I’m looking for or thinking is I need something else that I can use that won’t scorch my lungs, if that makes sense. I don’t know if I would still be able to take long draws or if that’s not recommended in general no matter what vape you use. I am definitely a flavor chaser and am open to anything, including desktops. I read somewhere that using volcano bags is easy on the lungs/throat, not sure if that’s true but it kind of makes sense considering I can fill a bag up and sip on it throughout the day when it’s not connected to the heat source making the vaporing cooler, at least that‘s what I would think.

Please help me out! I would much prefer to not take breaks because of discomfort - so I know I must be doing something wrong. Thank you all.
There are many vapes that should meet your priorities/wants. I'd recommend a premium electronic desktop vape. It will give good power and excellent consistency and allow you to simply dial in your ideal method and equipment that best suits your vaping preferences and level of vapor conditioning. A number of excellent premium electronic desktop vapes exist, and for a flavor chaser look at full convection heater systems. Choose from all the different design offerings (e.g., PID coil & exposed Ti heater, sheltered Ti heater, log, enclosed heated glass airpath with/without SS basket). And I'd boil it down to picking which one suits your lifestyle best. Fwiw, as a flavor chaser look at the VapeXhale Cloud EVO... it's always highlighted for flavor chasers. The EVO heater is a powerful heater full convection enclosed vape design (no external burn/fire hazard), it can be used dry or wet across all types of pieces and there are many different glass airpath lengths available. Whip use options too, etc.

... I think I’m looking for something with a longer pathway/glass going forward because I feel like dynavap is obviously several inches and there’s just no way they can cool better than something with a longer pathway. I feel like longer pathways lead to more cooling which lead to less/no symptoms. I could be wrong as well.
Yes, a longer air path will help cool and condenses more vapor out onto it when taking a draw. Water conditioning is worth considering as well, many love it obviously. Frankly, it doesn't take much water in a water piece to condition the vapor a lot & quickly. For a light water conditioning more akin to dry vaping, look for small water volume pieces with an open percolator... they're out there and can get quite low volume and open (e.g., I have one water piece that uses ~0.6 Oz of water and a basic gridded barrel percolator).

I’m okay with hard hitting because I can still control the amount of herb. All I think I’m looking for is the best method for cooling and flavor. Is the elev8r a cheaper version of CH?
I'd put the Elev8r on that earlier mentioned electronic premium vaporizer list (a PID exposed coil setup). Very different design from the the EVO, exposed heater with a burn/fire hazard. Still many people like this style of vaporizer. If one's into it, check out the Flower Pot / Herborizer as well. Some take that style all the way to the Sublimator. There's probably another at 5-10 premium electronic desktop vapes to consider as well....

Good luck. Lots of options. No right answer, though I recommend one that fits your environment and use patterns best, whatever that is. Hope that helps.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Is the elev8r a cheaper version of CH?
Errr, it could be considered similar if you use the coil powered one, but you can pick up the butane torch powered one (much bigger torch than DV uses) which is much cheaper and gets you very very close to all glass purity. I don't find screens enough to irritate but some do.

Have a look in the elev8r thread

If you want a coil powered one, have a look at the inVersion, its an all glass/saphire or ruby coil driven monster with incredible purity and it could be a similar price..

noobvaperct

There are many vapes that should meet your priorities/wants. I'd recommend a premium electronic desktop vape. It will give good power and excellent consistency and allow you to simply dial in your ideal method and equipment that best suits your vaping preferences and level of vapor conditioning. A number of excellent premium electronic desktop vapes exist, and for a flavor chaser look at full convection heater systems. Choose from all the different with premium design offerings (e.g., PID coil & exposed Ti heater, sheltered Ti heater, log, enclosed heated glass airpath with/without SS basket). Simply pick which one suits your lifestyle best. Fwiw, as a flavor chaser look at the VapeXhale Cloud EVO... it's always highlighted for flavor chasers. The EVO heater is a powerful enclosed designed with no external burn/fire hazard, it can be used dry or wet across all types of pieces and there are many different glass airpath lengths available. Whip use options too, etc.

Yes, a longer air path will help cool and condenses more vapor out onto it when taking a draw. Water conditioning is worth considering as well, many love it obviously. It doesn't take much water in a water piece to condition the vapor a lot & quickly. For a light water conditioning, look for small water volume pieces and an open percolator... they can get quite low volume and open (I have one water piece that uses ~0.6 Oz of water and a basic gridded barrel percolator).

I'd put the Elev8r on that earlier mentioned electronic premium vaporizer list (a PID coil setup). Very different design from the the EVO, exposed heater with a burn/fire hazard. Still many people like this style of vaporizer. If one's into it, check out the Flower Pot / Herborizer as well. Some take that style all the way to the Sublimator...

Good luck. Lots of options. No right answer, though I recommend one that fits your environment and use patterns best, whatever that is. Hope that helps.

Wow… thank you for this. Between the Herborizer and the Flowerpot I heard the better flavor resides in the Herborizer, have you heard this too? They are considerably harder to get, living in the US…cooling wise, would either one be better than the other? That’s probably my main thing.

noobvaperct,
Reactions: CANtalk

CANtalk

Wow… thank you for this. Between the Herborizer and the Flowerpot I heard the better flavor resides in the Herborizer, have you heard this too? They are considerably harder to get, living in the US…cooling wise, would either one be better than the other? That’s probably my main thing.
Thx! Personally, I'd go with the local option on a vaporizer (continental)... did it myself. I think it's more important than the flavor difference between two otherwise similarly designed vapes. Good luck.

Last edited:
CANtalk,
Reactions: Planck

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Maybe you will find usefull info here. Do a deep clean zf the tip,polymerized oil might the issue. Another cultprit is particles ,whichn is why never vape dry or without extra filtration .

noobvaperct

Maybe you will find usefull info here. Do a deep clean zf the tip,polymerized oil might the issue. Another cultprit is particles ,whichn is why never vape dry or without extra filtration .
Definitely interesting tidbits in there, thank you! Only thing is I never have had phlegm, thankfully…it’s just in my bronchial area is where I feel the discomfort from big deep breaths which I know must be cause by the extremely short air path of a dynavap, coupled with my long draws and high temp. Weird thing is I could go months like that without feeling this way and then bam, all of a sudden I feel this way…it seems so random. Definitely a good thread though.

I’m thinking about getting a desktop with glass and probably use cold water…

noobvaperct,

Vaporware

Does it ever happen if you don’t breathe in until your lungs are completely full?

I’ve had pain high in my lungs a couple of times, not from the amount I was using but from single draws where I breathed in the most I possibly could and I think maybe I just overinflated my lungs with too much hot air.

If you stop taking in vapor a little earlier, finish with some vaporless air and stop before you feel like you couldn’t inhale for another second if you tried, does it still happen?

noobvaperct

Does it ever happen if you don’t breathe in until your lungs are completely full?

I’ve had pain high in my lungs a couple of times, not from the amount I was using but from single draws where I breathed in the most I possibly could and I think maybe I just overinflated my lungs with too much hot air.

If you stop taking in vapor a little earlier, finish with some vaporless air and stop before you feel like you couldn’t inhale for another second if you tried, does it still happen?
Yes, exactly. I made it a point to completely fill my lungs to the max. Not needed in hindsight to get the same results…

noobvaperct,
Reactions: Vaporware

Vaporware

The good news is since I’ve stopped trying to max out I haven’t felt that in a long time. :)

If you continue to have problems I’d be interested in hearing what else it might be or any other updates, but I hope that easing up a bit will stop that for you.:cheers:

Vaporware,
Top Bottom