• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Looking for least smelly vape under $200 for at-home use in complex with no-marijuana policy

Texus

I am less a fan of log vapes die to them often having a restricted milkshake thru drinking straw draw that I have never been a fan of. Some log fans claim this isn't always the case but it has been in my limited experience.

I'd personally go Dynavap since Anvil (helluva heAvy hitter) is out of your price range. Very efficient use of flower. And can get low temp cap for less heavy hits. Think they still have $60 Welcome kits. If torch doesn't appeal then you can get $50 SJK "dental wax" induction heater or down the road grab a portable one like the killer iSpire Wand which is also killer for dabs.

But you'll get lots of ideas and opinions here. And @Shit Snacks is a great great source of advice. Think logs vs Dynavap is one of few things we hold differing opinions on. IIRC.

EDIT: oh wait! I saw v3 mentioned and thought for a sec your budget was $100. ANVIL is the answer to all your problems! Small amount of flower, very well contained in device so no leakage and you could exhale straight into a Smoke Buddy type thing if really paranoid. Easiest butane vape I've ever used. Hits like a Mack Truck going 100mph if you want it to. Or can get milder hits if you heat if differently, in addition to 2 sizes of bowls. The only portable I've tried that I'd describe as a true heavy hitter. Truly remarkable. I'd always talked about my heavy hitter trinity of VapBong (great airflow), Herborizer Ti (still best flavor I've ever had) and Cannabis Hardware B2 Baller (hardest hitting). But I need to figure out what the 4-item version of a trinity is because Anvil should be added as the portable member of that group. Hmm. Was always a wrasslin' fan. Maybe The 4 Horsemen. To be the best you have to beat the best. Wooooooo!

Last edited:
Just wanted to update you all on my experience so far with the new vape - I did end up getting the Heat Island log. I emailed Alan and he was super cool, hooked me up with an appropriate log for my preference/budget, and included some extra goodies as well. Been using it for almost 3 months and it's basically perfect. I don't even think about smell. I don't even remember the last time I felt paranoid about the weed smell in my apartment. I've probably had 10 maintenance visits already because apparently I have bad luck with apartment appliances and there have been zero issues. Also, I think I've only purchased like 10g of weed since I moved in and we've both been vaping daily, multiple times a day the entire time - kind of mind-blowing and very very cool because I'm on a tight budget.

I am less a fan of log vapes die to them often having a restricted milkshake thru drinking straw draw that I have never been a fan of. Some log fans claim this isn't always the case but it has been in my limited experience.

I'd personally go Dynavap since Anvil (helluva heAvy hitter) is out of your price range. Very efficient use of flower. And can get low temp cap for less heavy hits. Think they still have $60 Welcome kits. If torch doesn't appeal then you can get $50 SJK "dental wax" induction heater or down the road grab a portable one like the killer iSpire Wand which is also killer for dabs.

But you'll get lots of ideas and opinions here. And @Shit Snacks is a great great source of advice. Think logs vs Dynavap is one of few things we hold differing opinions on. IIRC.

EDIT: oh wait! I saw v3 mentioned and thought for a sec your budget was $100. ANVIL is the answer to all your problems! Small amount of flower, very well contained in device so no leakage and you could exhale straight into a Smoke Buddy type thing if really paranoid. Easiest butane vape I've ever used. Hits like a Mack Truck going 100mph if you want it to. Or can get milder hits if you heat if differently, in addition to 2 sizes of bowls. The only portable I've tried that I'd describe as a true heavy hitter. Truly remarkable. I'd always talked about my heavy hitter trinity of VapBong (great airflow), Herborizer Ti (still best flavor I've ever had) and Cannabis Hardware B2 Baller (hardest hitting). But I need to figure out what the 4-item version of a trinity is because Anvil should be added as the portable member of that group. Hmm. Was always a wrasslin' fan. Maybe The 4 Horsemen. To be the best you have to beat the best. Wooooooo!

I could totally see why you wouldn't like the milkshake draw but I actually quite like it. My lungs are iffy and I haven't had as many problems with this device compared to the MFLB and combustion. Kind of reminds me more of the quality of a Volcano (since that's the only other vape I've used and can compare to) - much cleaner tasting and feeling.

Thanks for the rec anyways though. And +1 for sports entertainment. ;)

Oh and I forgot to mention... I'm now in the market for a portable vape that I can take on the hiking trails. Lately I've been keeping a pipe on me but lighting up in public places is less than ideal. Any recommendations?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh and I forgot to mention... I'm now in the market for a portable vape that I can take on the hiking trails. Lately I've been keeping a pipe on me but lighting up in public places is less than ideal. Any recommendations?

Xmax V3pro (would be my pick) or xlux roffu (I don't like mine as much for some reason), or healthy rips Edge or Rogue if you don't need the on demand features... There are some nice torch vape options for portable that some like for hiking too, but it sounds like you're trying to get away from that lol could be a good idea to stay on top of the upcoming Firewood FW8 release actually... And I love Tinymight for everything ofcourse

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Not much to add to what @Shit Snacks said but I actually bring my TM hiking often. It's great for that. I used to use a wood stem when hiking but now I take the short Phineas stem.

But the V3 pro feels more expendable so I take it on rainy walks. Also the FW7 is amazing on a hike. You can really sip it for a while if you want.

Xmax V3pro was basically what I was looking for. That sounds familiar... I was probably considering that a few months ago as an option. I watched a couple of reviews on YouTube for the V3pro and it's got all the features I want for a good price. Might give it a shot.

And also I basically trust Shit Snacks implicitly now. :lol:

Texus

If not v3, I'd go with Dynavp and an IH like the Wand (bonus, you now have an e-rig). Small and very contained chamber due to the cap. And so efficient that you are going thru less flower.

I don’t agree with Shit Snacks 100% of the time, but he’s one of the best people to listen to here.

That guy who first mentioned the V3 Pro to you usually isn’t too bad either. :rofl:

Oh and look at that, you were the first to recommend the HI too. :clap: Apparently I suffer from recency bias. :hmm:

If not v3, I'd go with Dynavp and an IH like the Wand (bonus, you now have an e-rig). Small and very contained chamber due to the cap. And so efficient that you are going thru less flower.

Yeah, I do think I would really enjoy that setup, however, what I'm looking for most in a portable vape is something self-contained and pocketable, so based on research so far it seems like the v3 Pro would be a good value for the money based on what I'm looking for.

HughJass

I would like to toss the Tafee Bowle in the hat for consideration.. potentially as a portable. (Although, granted it’s not very easy to put in a pocket)
I personally love it for out and about, despite the odd shape.
In public places, or on a short hike, it’s the best preforming vaporizer I own, and I hardly gets a second glance from passerby's-especially when I’m using it with the cup on.

Based on your budget though, I would maybe consider something like a davinchi IQC or a pax 2, both super portable, decent battery, works well enough for several seasons before needing a clean etc, and pocketable while fully loaded and ready to go. (The bowle you gotta keep unloaded till your ready to go)

I would also maybe look at a dynavap, especially as they are super durable and can be heated by “anything with sufficient thermal intensity”. They just look very suspicious (like your smoking crack is what people say) and they do require a lot of practice to get perfect hits every times.

But bottom line, you gotta do what makes sense for your budget and lifestyle.
My :2c: is if you can stretch your budget to get a device you’ll be happy with for several years, it’s worth it. As opposed to spending half or almost as much on a cheaper device that requires lots of maintenance or never fully satisfies.
(But you don’t have to stretch your budget to be happy either, just don’t compromise your needs over your wants)

Last edited:
HughJass,
Normally I agree that it's better to spend more, but money is tight so I just can't responsibly make a big investment right now. I probably shouldn't even be dishing out on another vape, but frankly I think I deserve a little treat (and also I am seriously risking it toting my pipe around in public).

As far as pocketability, I keep my pipe in a legging pocket like this: https://hips.hearstapps.com/vader-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/1635949328-319VIe0mNmL._SL500_.jpg which of course looks like I have a strange growth, so the more slender the device, the better. V3 pro being an inch thick is fine. I would consider the pax 2 for sure but it looks like the v3 pro is considered a little more robust?

Shit Snacks

V3 pro being an inch thick is fine. I would consider the pax 2 for sure but it looks like the v3 pro is considered a little more robust?

Yeah, I would not consider Pax at all for the price really, especially now that you are accustomed to the Heat Island at home, you'll likely want pure convection on demand out and about too... not session conduction

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

manakata

i would say with whatever vape you go with get a smoke buddy or similar item.. and get some wall plugs for where you plan on using your vaporizer and last i recommend some febreze for the furniture you smoke around. i managed to keep the smell away and didnt have to get a specific vape. you will get smell in the proximity but it shouldnt go past that area (small air purifier helps overnight to get rid of any smell that linger if any). i use dynavaps, flowerpot, stickybricks, solo 2, dtv 4 (for wax). i use them all through water pieces. my biggest piece is the grav empress. good luck man..

also i wouldnt recommend incense burners, sprays (mostly temp and have to spray alot), or candle wax/candles as they are also temporary fixes and the smells can accumulate.. that why i recommend the wall plugs.. every 30days for the 10 pack and you are set with no worry just every time you run out.

manakata,

Shit Snacks

i would say with whatever vape you go with get a smoke buddy or similar item.. and get some wall plugs for where you plan on using your vaporizer and last i recommend some febreze for the furniture you smoke around. i managed to keep the smell away and didnt have to get a specific vape. you will get smell in the proximity but it shouldnt go past that area (small air purifier helps overnight to get rid of any smell that linger if any). i use dynavaps, flowerpot, stickybricks, solo 2, dtv 4 (for wax). i use them all through water pieces. my biggest piece is the grav empress. good luck man..

also i wouldnt recommend incense burners, sprays (mostly temp and have to spray alot), or candle wax/candles as they are also temporary fixes and the smells can accumulate.. that why i recommend the wall plugs.. every 30days for the 10 pack and you are set with no worry just every time you run out.

Just to clarify for you they already had found a vape for the question at hand, they were then looking for a portable for hiking which was the most recent request :tup:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes
Okay, update time: Not a big fan of the xMax v3 pro... It's so awesome and convenient, basically everything I was looking for, buuut... The taste. I just can't get behind the plastic taste. Some say it goes away after a few weeks, but it just sketches me out. I'm not a crunchy person who is scared of "chemicals" (everything is chemicals), but plastics freak me out. I think I'm probably more wary than the average person due to having reduced lung function, so this probably won't be much of an issue for most.

Anyways, I'm now scoping out the DynaVap and will report back on that. Yeah, it's not necessarily what I had in mind and the v3 Pro was basically perfect from a convenience perspective, but I'm going to give it a shot. I just really love the taste/feel of the Heat Island and I'd love something that has a similar "pure" feeling.

Texus

Okay, update time: Not a big fan of the xMax v3 pro... It's so awesome and convenient, basically everything I was looking for, buuut... The taste. I just can't get behind the plastic taste. Some say it goes away after a few weeks, but it just sketches me out. I'm not a crunchy person who is scared of "chemicals" (everything is chemicals), but plastics freak me out. I think I'm probably more wary than the average person due to having reduced lung function, so this probably won't be much of an issue for most.

Anyways, I'm now scoping out the DynaVap and will report back on that. Yeah, it's not necessarily what I had in mind and the v3 Pro was basically perfect from a convenience perspective, but I'm going to give it a shot. I just really love the taste/feel of the Heat Island and I'd love something that has a similar "pure" feeling.
That is too bad about the taste. I did not have that experience but seems to be an issue for some that @XMAXVAPORIZER will need to figure out and address.

Could it just be the mouthpiece? In which case you could switch to the glass one, which I prefer.

Shit Snacks

Yeah budget vapes really can't compare to high-end vapes for flavor in my experience, even though my V3pro is pretty neutral after a good cleaning and burn off then airing it out when it arrived, I can get flavor shining through, but it's still not the same, there is that subtle background flavor (though it is not as bad as my Roffu) so you have to make a sacrifice somewhere for a portable like this unfortunately even with glass...

Okay so I would highly recommend you ask Alan about grabbing an iHeat from him then, you can find whatever mod you like to go with it, and just use straight wattage mode for simple use if you don't want to go down the rabbit hole of setting up temp control (if you do want that then you need to pay a bit more attention into what mod you choose) but that would allow you to have a more similar experience you enjoy with the HI at home, on demand when on the go... :tup:

It could very well be the mouthpiece. Maybe I need to give it a good soak in isopropyl alcohol and try again. My paranoid brain thought that the material around the heating element was being heated and inhaled... But I'm assuming it's safe beyond the temperature that the unit gets to. :shrug:

Cumulonimbus,
Reactions: Siebter

Shit Snacks

It could very well be the mouthpiece. Maybe I need to give it a good soak in isopropyl alcohol and try again. My paranoid brain thought that the material around the heating element was being heated and inhaled... But I'm assuming it's safe beyond the temperature that the unit gets to. :shrug:

Do not use iso alcohol on the plastic, just soapy water! The plastic mouthpiece itself should be pretty neutral, make sure you clean the silicone on the inside, and the ceramic pathway, along with the metal screen, and metal bowl too (upside down)

Yeah that's not the thing to be concerned about, for one thing the body is aluminum not plastic, around the outside of heating element where the air intake holes are and where the chamber is... There may be some sort of insulation material near or around the heating element and chamber, but it should be safe if so? They've made a lot of products and come a long way in their design, using this compared with a previous one, I can definitely taste the difference at least!

Top Bottom