looking for a really good wax vape pen for traveling use

i currently have a dtv4 and a boundless terp pen. some flaws make these at-home use products.
im looking for a pen style wax vaporizer. no direct coil contact
im interested in the stonesmith slash or a puffco plus design but i keep reading negatives on both of these products.
can someone recommend me a really good wax pen vaporizer

Vaporware

I’m not saying you won’t get a good answer here, and I hope someone can help you, but most people here are more interested in dry herb vaporizers so there’s not as much talk on the concentrate side.

There are still plenty of people who might have good info for you, so I hope this bump gets one of them to notice. :)

I haven’t spent a lot of time looking, but from what I read a couple of years ago all of the non-cartridge portables for concentrates had real drawbacks, at least in my eyes, so I just haven’t bothered with them. I’m interested in hearing what anyone has to say about the latest stuff too though!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I haven’t spent a lot of time looking, but from what I read a couple of years ago all of the non-cartridge portables for concentrates had real drawbacks, at least in my eyes, so I just haven’t bothered with them. I’m interested in hearing what anyone has to say about the latest stuf

I agree. The only real benefit to a load as you go atomizer is for someone who grows and makes their own concentrates. If one is buying from a dispensary might as well just get a good cartridge.

shredder

I agree. The only real benefit to a load as you go atomizer is for someone who grows and makes their own concentrates. If one is buying from a dispensary might as well just get a good cartridge.

I've used a lot of the portable wax vapes, but agree that you might as well just get a cart vape.

And I've found you can fill your own carts for diy types using just concentrates and terpenes. None of the pg, vg or liquidizers used in ecigs that still gives vaping a tainted reputation.

darbarikanada

The only real benefit to a load as you go atomizer is for someone who grows and makes their own concentrates.
I'm a relatively light user, like to vape different strains, so cartridges don't work for me. I got a linx hypnos zero for when I want extreme portability, or for live resin (too runny to use in my mighty). I rarely use the linx, but I'm happy with it.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm a relatively light user, like to vape different strains, so cartridges don't work for me. I got a linx hypnos zero for when I want extreme portability, or for live resin (too runny to use in my mighty). I rarely use the linx, but I'm happy with it.

I guess I don’t understand why being a light user and liking different strains means cartridges don’t work for you? I couldn’t think of a better vape platform for a light user. Had a period of time a few years ago where I sold all my stuff and just micro dosed off a Pax Era. The pod systems are great for swapping between flavors.

darbarikanada

I guess I don’t understand why being a light user and liking different strains means cartridges don’t work for you?
I cycle through lots of different strains, only use the same ones a few times (at most) per year. since a cartridge has (for me) the equivalent of 100+ doses, I'd never even get close to finishing one.

Texus

I've got to disagree here. Carts I find to have quite mild effects, and can be flavorful (esp LLR), BUT no match for the concentrates that I get from the dispensary. An Xmax Qomo, as small as it is, gives a much more powerful hit, full of flavor, and that's before their quartz or other material atomizer has come out. And Rio is a great suggestion if that size feels like portable to you. Many folks hit thier Rio dry. The built in torch is killer.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I cycle through lots of different strains, only use the same ones a few times (at most) per year. since a cartridge has (for me) the equivalent of 100+ doses, I'd never even get close to finishing one.
But how do you finish live resin in your Lynx any faster? I’ve seen cartridges as small as .3g here, whereas any jar of dabbables will be 1g.

Carts I find to have quite mild effects, and can be flavorful (esp LLR), BUT no match for the concentrates that I get from the dispensary.

Can you describe the differences between live resin in a jar versus the same live resin in a cartridge?

And are you running your pen through a bubbler when you compare it to the XMAX because it’s easy to get a bigger, stronger hit from a bong than direct draw. I certainly get stronger effects with a WPA than a dry hit.

darbarikanada

But how do you finish live resin in your Lynx any faster? I’ve seen cartridges as small as .3g here, whereas any jar of dabbables will be 1g.
I rarely finish anything due to my usage pattern. when we had medical dispensaries I could buy fractions of grams, but now it's all 1g, i.e. (for me) ~20-25 doses, i.e. 8+ years to use it up. fortunately, concentrates are cheap here, so I just see it as 'entertainment', like the price of a craft beer.

Texus

Can you describe the differences between live resin in a jar versus the same live resin in a cartridge?

And are you running your pen through a bubbler when you compare it to the XMAX because it’s easy to get a bigger, stronger hit from a bong than direct draw. I certainly get stronger effects with a WPA than a dry hit.

I rarely run my pen through a bubbler, unless the vapor is feeling harsh or hot at higher temps. And whether or not a pen is through a bubbler, even the lil Qomo still hits harder.

I mean the difference dabbing resin vs a cart is that the dab is just so much harder hitting. And I feel like as long as you don't overheat a dab, you are also getting more terpene flavor.

In general terms of impact: torch>e-rig dabs>>>>>>cartridges.

I feel like my tolerance for carts builds up much faster than for flower or non-cart concentrates.

GetLeft

I'm new to concentrates but have a good feeling they'll become a significant part of my routine moving forward. It took a few dabs before getting my enano set up working. My nano set is ideal for me but I can't access my nano whenever I want to. Not knowing much about how to use concentrates prior to making my initial purchase, I picked up a Yocan Evolve +. Had a hard time loading it the first time and considered it a failed purchase but my latest batches of concentrates (live budders like my first purchase) are a little drier and drop easily onto the coils. Uncontrolled vaping, for sure, but quick and discrete. Useful for when I can't get to my nano. I'll research higher end pens when I get the motivation to do so but for around 50 or 60 bucks (at the dispensary - cheaper I think at PIU) I'm not complaining yet.

510vaporent

i currently have a dtv4 and a boundless terp pen. some flaws make these at-home use products.
im interested in the stonesmith slash or a puffco plus design but i keep reading negatives on both of these products.
What don’t you like about the DTV4? I would t buy either of the products you mentioned.

the dtv4 works pretty well. the only issue i have with it is that the wax can spill all over inside the cup unless i keep it upright all the time.
in other words... not pocket-friendly. i have to put the wax in right before i use it. the terp pen is only good for 3-4 hits before you need to add more wax, and its wasteful

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@towncarblue said...can someone recommend me a really good wax pen vaporizer

I do not think there is a really good one but my favorite rosin sneaky vape, holds between 10 and 20 puffs per pen (easy to reload with the built-in dabber) and cost $10 to $15 for a unit and the fritted quartz atty tastes pretty good and are <$3ea,
1624516268218.png
Easy to load but I like to share when out visiting or just easier if out for the day (like having 4x big joints rolled),
1624515522475.jpg
Spare atty(these clean up very well in iso in an ultrasonic cleaner in a couple of minutes)
1624516026707.png

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
The Puffco Plus is an older device but really works well all things considered. Take a bag of q-tips for the chamber and a few alcohol swabs for the other parts along with you if you're gone for a while.

I think the completely unadulterated live resin carts are the end game of vaping for me. When shops open in my area next year, I'll likely always have one handy. I won't give up dabs completely but I'm sure I'll use those more for convenience.

GetLeft

Yea I picked up a Plus and am enjoying it. I like the ceramic cup more than the coils of the one referenced above. It's super sleek, as well. When I re-entered the world of cannabis usage after decades of having laid off, this defintitely would have been my ticket. I managed ok without a sleek, stealth and efficient dab pen. But to those with the need for stealth, I'd say that this is an excellent arrow to have in the quiver.

Zipford

I've been very happy with the Linx Hypnos Zero, had it about 6 months. Very small and discreet, and I have been using it with NETA D-Line oil and wax. Things I've learned: don't put too much in, or you risk hot concentrate bubbling up towards your mouth, and turn it as you inhale, which makes the wax or oil flow over the center post that supplies the heat. Unless you plan to share it, one load and a fully charged battery should last you through the day.

Zabaza

Dtv4.5 and M22 are really good with the polished sic cups. Ispire wand is amazing too, it's more of a sit down and use with a small rig thing though. (The m22 unpolished sic is worse than dtv4.5 polished sic and double the price.)

Saionara with titanium bucket and top air flow cap is a level under those but it's great for outdoor use, walking, etc.

Then there are pens, I've tried most of them, they just waste wax in comparison.

All of these work with temperature control firmware, like Arctic Fox or rda. So you can set it up to maintain very accurate temperature profiles with auto-fire on ~60seconds for instance to get several hits off a tiny dab with little to no reclaim.

Last edited:
Top Bottom