Looking for a compact 14/18mm Stem stand

passenger

is this thing on?
Would like to purchase a stand that holds some stems. A nice tiny package would be best but I can't find it - I consider to DIM(yself) but would prefer to buy a nicely made one - in the EU but would maybe even import one...
I asked a glass blower over here but he said it's not that easy to make... Any ideas?

Summer

Long Island, NY
If you are talking wood or a combo wood & acrylic, phattpiggie is in the UK. How about asking him? If you have design ideas, I have no doubt that he could turn something beautiful for you.

passenger

is this thing on?
I am thinking of a small version that doesn't take a lot space but still won't topple over. Seven in a row 3x18 4x14 like this:
o-o-O-O-O-o-o

seki

Boon Grass Drying Racks are pretty cost effective. I think it would be pretty easy to find someone local to make a box to replace the white plastic container the blades sit in.
stemgarden.jpg

There is also a much smaller version that may suit your more compact requirement:
boon-patch.jpg

I actually considered getting this one and was going to cut the grass blade section in half then commission a couple of wooden boxes to create two stem holders. I never got around to it though.

Outside of these, I found these to work pretty well for holding individual stems. Not sure if this is helpful for your needs, but I find them very useful for holding stems during loading or in between sessions. I think I got the idea from @Shit Snacks but I can't recall:
61IXFGIzZDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

They are ceramic toothbrush holders.

ChooChooCharlie

Idea similar to @seki post above: Reading your 7 stem across need, you might like the stand I got for Hoppers. Nice that silicone grips, so you can move it without worry. Saw it on amazon UK site for £5. Search for "silicone makeup brush organizer." I posted pic in the Organization Tips thread
Hoppers-in-Bowle.jpg

But, seriously, this $10 makeup brush organizer works well. Flexible silicone adapts/grips different sizes. Can move it without fear of items falling out
organizer-stash-n-store.jpg

passenger

is this thing on?
Great responses, many thanks And good life- hacks, I like it.
Found the miny version of boon grass drying racks for now. It's called "Trip".
Well well! Thanks again. Long live the FC hive mind. :tup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom