Log vape or solo for bong vaping/car sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazednConfused

Fill this whole street with uppercut
So after running through just about every vaporizer I could lay my eyes on and researching them extensively I (think) I'm interested in either an e-nano/underdog/toasty top or an arizer solo. I own a digit volcano and although I do love it for vaping between several people/ light sessions, the air/vapor ratio just isnt enough for me, especially when trying to conserve bud. The log vapes seem to have a very good reputation around here for being solid, easy to use, and providing good thick vapor especially through a waterpipe. Only downside being that they require a powersource, which is somewhat tolerable because I can use a car adapter. The solo is portable, but too large in my opinion to be really considered portable. I feel it would be too awkward to use anywhere other than my car/bathroom anyway.

My question is, even with high efficiency stems and a power adapter, can the solo compete with the log vape when it comes to bongs/ efficiency? Also, which log vaporizer is considered the best? I really like the Enano/UD. I'll be spending around $220 either way so I would be getting the power adapter/highefficiency GonG from planetvape when purchasing.

BlazednConfused,
The Solo is a great general purpose vape. It's portable but can run off AC (with adapter), it's powerful (capable of milking glass of all sizes), amazing flavour retention and it can be fairly efficient. It's just very versatile and I think everyone should own one.

The E-Nano is very much a heavy hitter in a little package. It's definitely superior to the Solo in terms of extraction and vapor production in my experience. It's very easy to be efficient with this vape by using small pinches of flowers to 'top yourself up' as needed.

Since portability doesn't really seem to be an issue for you, perhaps the E-Nano would be a good fit. However I do miss putting the Solo on my bubbler and hitting it sans power adapter as I go from room to room in my house. On the other hand, not having to restart my session every 12 minutes while using the E-Nano is a big +1 for me.

I've had a lot of people ask me in the past few weeks if they should get an E-Nano or a Solo. I initially only got my Solo to bridge the gap between my other units and a log vape while I awaited my turn for an HI. Owning a log vape has improved the way I vape markedly, but the Solo was the real game changer for me.

kingofnull,
Reactions: vape4life

Pcpvapors

I couldn't tell a difference between my CRZ and my solo, I mean it's really hard to beat because its not only reliable and the unit itself is durable but also idiot proof in the sense of using it. 160$ is a steal for it as well.

Pcpvapors,
Reactions: vape4life

vorrange

Vapor.wise
You're considering a log vape but don't want a Solo because they are bulky? :hmm:

A Solo is like a portable log, or at least, the closest to it in efficiency, bowl size and taste.

The Solo competes very well both with water or dry, the slight bigger bowl make it slightly less efficient in theory but if you are disciplined enough it will conserve as it manages really small dosages as well as a log.

From the brands currently on the market, the CRZ is not made anymore, the PD either, the Hot Pod is still in tests, that leaves you the UD, WW, and HI. There is also the e-nano which is not exactly a log vape since it works at 110VAC instead of 12VDC as the conventional logs but it works pretty much like one and has an in-built dimmer that allows you to regulate the voltage you want.

The HI is the one who runs hottest, then it is the WW then the UD, between the WW and UD i think it depends on the models of the UD but someone else more experienced in the 2 of them chime in please.

Considering you're from the US, i would go the UD route or the e-nano.. maybe the e-nano, if you consider getting a HI somewhere down the line.

The logs work better for those nights where it is vaping all night long.. the Solo still holds its ground but will be out of power in 2 hours.

BlazednConfused

You're considering a log vape but don't want a Solo because they are bulky? :hmm:

A Solo is like a portable log, or at least, the closest to it in efficiency, bowl size and taste.

The Solo competes very well both with water or dry, the slight bigger bowl make it slightly less efficient in theory but if you are disciplined enough it will conserve as it manages really small dosages as well as a log.

From the brands currently on the market, the CRZ is not made anymore, the PD either, the Hot Pod is still in tests, that leaves you the UD, WW, and HI. There is also the e-nano which is not exactly a log vape since it works at 110VAC instead of 12VDC as the conventional logs but it works pretty much like one and has an in-built dimmer that allows you to regulate the voltage you want.

The HI is the one who runs hottest, then it is the WW then the UD, between the WW and UD i think it depends on the models of the UD but someone else more experienced in the 2 of them chime in please.

Considering you're from the US, i would go the UD route or the e-nano.. maybe the e-nano, if you consider getting a HI somewhere down the line.

The logs work better for those nights where it is vaping all night long.. the Solo still holds its ground but will be out of power in 2 hours.

The only reason I made the comparison was because I was under the impression that the log vapes produced exceptionally stronger vapor. So there isn't really much of a difference between them? It seems this is a dumb thread if they are the same and the solo is portable

BlazednConfused,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The only reason I made the comparison was because I was under the impression that the log vapes produced exceptionally stronger vapor. So there isn't really much of a difference between them? It seems this is a dumb thread if they are the same and the solo is portable

The logs are smaller nowadays, although some UDs are big if you like too, have better taste, not by much and have smaller bowls, but not by much either. I would never go back on buying my logs even if i had the solo, BUT if its either/or and you favor portability and don't mind compromising on the variables where the logs have the edge, then i'd choose the Solo.

BlazednConfused

The logs are smaller nowadays, although some UDs are big if you like too, have better taste, not by much and have smaller bowls, but not by much either. I would never go back on buying my logs even if i had the solo, BUT if its either/or and you favor portability and don't mind compromising on the variables where the logs have the edge, then i'd choose the Solo.

So it is basically just better taste? I'm from Florida and I used to deal down there, and you get what you get. Sometimes I would get some crazy ridiculous lemony/sweet/skunky bud and then sometimes I would get poorly taken care of stuff that required me to smoke a blunt every hour to keep a buzz. Before I left, since I was dealing and had access to a free 10g's every reup (I was dealing to my good friends, just to smoke, I never made much profit, was only holding an oz or two), I was smoking anywhere from 2-5 blunts a day and wasnt concerned of the taste just how high I got. Now that I have moved (to Michigan) I have access to much better greens, considering that my mom is a patient and grows and I'm about to set myself up for the same. Ease of use is pretty important to me. I don't want to clean it everytime I use it, and I want to put some weed in the bowl and burn it down.

BlazednConfused,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
So it is basically just better taste? I'm from Florida and I used to deal down there, and you get what you get. Sometimes I would get some crazy ridiculous lemony/sweet/skunky bud and then sometimes I would get poorly taken care of stuff that required me to smoke a blunt every hour to keep a buzz. Before I left, since I was dealing and had access to a free 10g's every reup (I was dealing to my good friends, just to smoke, I never made much profit, was only holding an oz or two), I was smoking anywhere from 2-5 blunts a day and wasnt concerned of the taste just how high I got. Now that I have moved (to Michigan) I have access to much better greens, considering that my mom is a patient and grows and I'm about to set myself up for the same. Ease of use is pretty important to me. I don't want to clean it everytime I use it, and I want to put some weed in the bowl and burn it down.

Both are easy to use. Both are easy to carry around except the log needs to be plugged in. Both work good with water and dry.

Solo wins on portability and praticality although its close (it can be used with one hand, dry or with water without an adapter if you use a 14mm bong).

Taste tips the scale for me, you have to see what tips the scale for you. Maybe its portability (Solo wins), maybe its plug-in use (log wins although you can buy an adapter for 40$).

Some people hate Solo's air flow (logs have great airflow, can bypass this problem if you get a PVHES for $20).

Some people prefer no temp because its easier to use (log wins, you can buy a VVPS for some variable temp, or a dimmer)

I think in a few years it will be likely you will still have a log, but the solo will problably replaced for a more advanced portable. I also think the logs make you more attached to them because they are handmade, it might sound weird, but i grew very fond of my logs because in a way they are one of a kind.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Just get the Solo. At $160 it's cheaper than the logs, is brainless to use, tastes better and is portable. And none of it gets hot except the stem when you pull it out. I have three PD's, a HI and POD. While the HI and POD have more airflow than the Solo, the power supplies are a little bit of a drag for a beginner, and you can't get them right now anyhow.

The Solo is my favorite protable vape and is in my Top 5 vapes in my collection including the desktops. If I had to reacquire all my vapes over again right now, the Solo would be one of my first two purchases.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Just get the Solo. At $160 it's cheaper than the logs, is brainless to use, tastes better and is portable. And none of it gets hot except the stem when you pull it out. I have three PD's, a HI and POD. While the HI and POD have more airflow than the Solo, the power supplies are a little bit of a drag for a beginner, and you can't get them right now anyhow.

The Solo is my favorite protable vape and is in my Top 5 vapes in my collection including the desktops. If I had to reacquire all my vapes over again right now, the Solo would be one of my first two purchases.

I have to disagree on taste Sticks, although the taste is quite good in my M1A3 Solo, my logs beat it, no doubt. I don't know if you have the ceramic coated Solos, that could explain the difference.

What is your top 5? :worms:

vape4life

Banned for life

Curious, why do you think the Solo tastes better than logs? I've been debating the E-Nano for a while, but already with a Solo not sure if it's worth it... if the Solo tastes better than i'm sticking with it.

What would be the other of the top 2? Money is on The Cloud.

vape4life,
Reactions: hoptimum

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Curious, why do you think the Solo tastes better than logs? I've been debating the E-Nano for a while, but already with a Solo not sure if it's worth it... if the Solo tastes better than i'm sticking with it.

What would be the other of the top 2? Money is on The Cloud.

I would say Cloud LSV SOLO HI and Genie. :popcorn:

There is also the e-nano which is not exactly a log vape since it works at 110VAC instead of 12VDC as the conventional logs but it works pretty much like one and has an in-built dimmer that allows you to regulate the voltage you want.

Is it a 12V DC that makes a log vape a log?

kingofnull,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Is it a 12V DC that makes a log vape a log?

No, but it's part of it. The inital premise was a simple, inexpensive design but also universal since you're not constricted to a specific voltage like the Nano that only works in the US.

vorrange,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I like the Solo taste better for two reasons...one is glass vs SS/stem tubing, the other is the temp control. I rarely go above 3 or 4 on the Solo, so I can keep the taste great. The logs, with their static temps don't allow me to do this (not taking VVPS units into consideration). And yes, it is a ceramic model. I have no experience with the SS ones, but a couple of owners of both have said they both taste good, but I can't say.

Real close Vorrange! If I had to start all over again, I would get the Cloud first, obviously, or maybe the Solo first if I knew I wouldn't be waiting long on my second purchase. Then the Solo for out and about. That would pretty much take care of all my usage. But since we are ging up to five, I would then get the LSV for my heavy hitter backup. Everything else would be superfluous, but I would probably round it off with a log vape, either the HI or POD, and then either the Ion for bag parties or the MFLB for super stealth needs. I guess in the end I need six vapes to be perfecctly aremd for any situation.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I like the Solo taste better for two reasons...one is glass vs SS/stem tubing, the other is the temp control. I rarely go above 3 or 4 on the Solo, so I can keep the taste great. The logs, with their static temps don't allow me to do this (not taking VVPS units into consideration). And yes, it is a ceramic model. I have no experience with the SS ones, but a couple of owners of both have said they both taste good, but I can't say.

Real close Vorrange! If I had to start all over again, I would get the Cloud first, obviously, or maybe the Solo first if I knew I wouldn't be waiting long on my second purchase. Then the Solo for out and about. That would pretty much take care of all my usage. But since we are ging up to five, I would then get the LSV for my heavy hitter backup. Everything else would be superfluous, but I would probably round it off with a log vape, either the HI or POD, and then either the Ion for bag parties or the MFLB for super stealth needs. I guess in the end I need six vapes to be perfecctly aremd for any situation.

yeah, OTA has both and he says he notices a clear difference between them although it is not a big one.

I thought about the ION but did not remember the LB. :D That is a great top 5, i must say.

vorrange,

BlazednConfused

Can anyone direct me to a trusted ebay seller of the solo? I know I can get it cheaper on there, and then be able to use the FC coupon for accessories and save 15%. I feel this would be better?

BlazednConfused,

vape4life

Banned for life
I like the Solo taste better for two reasons...one is glass vs SS/stem tubing, the other is the temp control. I rarely go above 3 or 4 on the Solo, so I can keep the taste great. The logs, with their static temps don't allow me to do this (not taking VVPS units into consideration). And yes, it is a ceramic model. I have no experience with the SS ones, but a couple of owners of both have said they both taste good, but I can't say..

I wonder if the E-Nano would change your opinion with it's glass tubes and temp control?

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I wonder if the E-Nano would change your opinion with it's glass tubes and temp control?

I think the Solo is not the same with and without the ceramic coating, so, i think the e-nanos taste is definitly better than the Solo if you get a Solo that is younger than the ceramic ones which stopped in the m102 or m103.

If you compare those two (enano vs solo), the biggest difference would lie in plug vs portable.

vorrange,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'll have to check out this e-nano you speak of. Is it competitively priced?

Can anyone direct me to a trusted ebay seller of the solo? I know I can get it cheaper on there, and then be able to use the FC coupon for accessories and save 15%. I feel this would be better?

I recommend puffitup. Usually has them for $160 and is a good company with a stellar customer service reputation.

mod note: Two back-to-back posts merged. A mod who gets caught making back-to-back posts has to buy all the other mods beer, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom