• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Log vape history

brainiac

log wrangler
HomeGrownLogs by @RastaVapa is another UK-based design that came out in 2016. It appears to have been discontinued around 2019. (can anyone confirm?)

Yes, that's correct. His name's Nick and sadly he became quite ill. Don't know how he's doing now but I wish him the best. He made some really beautiful logs.

Seperate issue: this cropped up a while ago and might be worth adding here.

Fireless-pipe.jpg

PeteyS

Whats a long hard mouth to lung draw on a nano xl feel like?
Can it move alot of calories one hit at a time, or is it more of a sipper like traditional log vapes.
I would like to buy one soon, but wish I could actually test one first. Vape rentals is the next big thing. Haha.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Can it move alot of calories one hit at a time, or is it more of a sipper like traditional log vapes.
I would like to buy one soon, but wish I could actually test one first. Vape rentals is the next big thing. Haha.
The XL has legs a mile long my friend! It rips hard and fast. Very powerful vapour right up there with heavies like the UD Alpha+ and the CouchLog.

Texus

POTV sells them and are one of the few companies with a satisfaction guaranteed sort of return policy.

And in my experience, it isn't a sipper like the lower capacity logs such as Underdog are.

Not sure any log is gonna make Heavy Hitter status in my book. But a heavy among logs for sure.

Razhumikin

I'll give my rusty memory an attempt.

Around 1995-1996 the Ettera was released. AFAIK, this was the first log vape. It was discontinued in 1999.

In 2001, Rick released the Aromazap. It was a square log. Rick would later come out with the Myrtle Zap and then the CRZ (Ceramic Rock Zap). These were discontinued in 2012.

The Purple Days came out in 2008 from Tom and Pammy. It was my first log vape and I loved it to death. It was discontinued in 2011.

The Woodeez came out in 2009 made by Todd. It was somewhat panned as a PD knockoff and was discontinued in 2012.

Epic Vape (now Epickai) come out in with the EV1 / EV2 in 2011. Both of those models are no longer made, but Andy now sells the E-Nano (2012) which is still popular.

In 2011, Alan released the Toasty Top. Later that year he released the Heat Island (HI) which is still available today.

The Underdog also came out in 2011 by Dave. These remain popular and are still available today. It's my daily driver to this day.

In 2012 the Wychwood was released by a UK forum member @J.R.R. Tokin'. It was the first log made in the UK. It was discontinued shortly thereafter when Cookie (maker) suddenly went dark.

In 2016, @Ed's TnT released the WoodScents. It uses the popular Dynavap as it's stem. Ed continues to update it every year and is still available today.

I'm sure I've probably forgotten some, but that's what my stoned brain can still remember. Perhaps I'll update this post if someone points out something that I've forgotten.

Edit to add more vapes:

The CouchLog from @Beefcake@420Eng came out in 2021. Made in Germany, it uses ceramic balls as a heat exchanger.

The Cloud Connoisseur Zenith came out in May of this year by @iDRINKBLEACH. It also has balls :brow: and can run on AC power or a mod. It's a bit of a departure from traditional logs since it is an injector-style vape instead of being stem-based.

The Musa was released in 2016. Based in Germany, it uses a halogen-based heater. It also has a version that can run on a mod.

HomeGrownLogs by @RastaVapa is another UK-based design that came out in 2016. It appears to have been discontinued around 2019.

The Hot Pod was introduced from Australia by @hazy in 2012. It was made using Banksia seed pods. It appears to have been discontinued around 2016 (confirmation needed).

:peace:
Just to clarify, the Musa V2 is a log injector with a halogen heater and glass balls, but it only runs on plug-in power. The musa 510, which is what can run on a mod, is not a log, but is more akin to a splinter.

Also, Alan now also has the GTR, which is a log that comes in female and male versions.

The Highlighter should also be on this list somewhere.

Texus

I will happily step into this role, and I will say that any vape that can be left on indefinitely and that has a wooden body in a handheld form is a log. If you disagree, fight me :lol::lol::lol:
Works for me.

I would encourage you to try one of the new generation of logs, like the CL or the Zenith. It might change your mind.
And yes, one of those is on my to-try list. Most likely the Zenith due to portability with battery pack.

Farid

Around 2009 or 2010 there was a guy selling something called the "Better Days" claiming to be an improvement on the Purple Days. The only difference afaik was an added screen in the heater. He had a store on ebay I think.

I ended up getting one because there was a long wait on getting a Purple Days at the time. It worked well, but eventually, years later, the wooden shell split.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I will happily step into this role, and I will say that any vape that can be left on indefinitely and that has a wooden body in a handheld form is a log. If you disagree, fight me :lol::lol::lol:
That definition is far too loose! That means my Tp80, nomad, and tinymight are all logs!

Probably not the thread for this discussion, but I like the definition that focuses on how they approach the use of flower. For logs it’s that usually they’re extremely efficient with smaller amounts, no?

gordontreeman,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Probably not the thread for this discussion, but I like the definition that focuses on how they approach the use of flower. For logs it’s that usually they’re extremely efficient with smaller amounts, no?
Then your example portables have to be included again lol.

For me, I considered a log to match the "log" look, plugs in, and is intended to be used direct-draw.

The zenith defys a couple of those, but it still looks like a log to me. So I include it. At the end of the day, quibbling on these kinds of definitions gets very tired. Reminds me of the inane "is a hot dog a sandwich" kinds of internet debates.

Grass Yes,

GoldenBud

most of the people will tell you that log is something that works with small bowl, like 0.1gr max or so... the Zenith/CL is like a log+HSA together .. i think...

GoldenBud,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
most of the people will tell you that log is something that works with small bowl, like 0.1gr max or so... the Zenith/CL is like a log+HSA together .. i think...
The only HSA I know is the steel mesh heater in RBT vapes? The zenith is pretty different. It's a coil. The CL is a cartridge heater with balls. Like the Atlas kind of.

Either way I am able to use my UDs with large bowls and I often do. But I take your point.

Grass Yes,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I will be honest, I don't know WTF HSA stands for. I have only heard it to refer to the heater from RBT. Does it have a meaning outside that?

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Summer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It just stands for high surface area

So RBT style steel mesh provides that easily

Yeah splinter iheat are already logs attached to mods in a sense as well soooo

Traditional log vape is a certain style and tech, but now it's whatever we want?

Razhumikin

That definition is far too loose! That means my Tp80, nomad, and tinymight are all logs!

No, because they cannot stay on indefinitely! They are all dependent on a battery that will eventually die, and in the case of the nomad and other unregulated on demand vapes, they cannot stay on for extended periods of time without achieving temperatures too high to avoid combustion. The logs, by virtue of their desktop nature and heater design, can stay on indefinitely. I do agree that it is too loose of a definition though, as it does not exclude something like the atlas, which is not a log. Not sure how to work that distinction in there though.

Texus

Enjoying this fun define your terms sort of discussion.

I've also been thinking on the log vape subspecies that works with Dynavap tips and stems.

This is in no small part due to getting an @underdog Underdog ACXL, and I get the impression not many of these were made. But very nice open flow and love the tie-in to the Dyna universe. And a superb midpoint between SC3 Underdog and Nano XL. Quite lovely niche.

Texus,
Reactions: jasp3r

GoldenBud

adding beads to log's heater is a natural process. when there are too many logs in the market, manufacturers need to create something new, and new heater is only a matter of time.... so I wouldn't define CL/Zenith/Musa/GTR as logs, it's the next gen' logs in my opinion.

i call HSA just to mention it has a bigger heater than a regular log (UD/HI/WS/E-Nano/PD/UKLog), cylinder body, cylinder heater. no beads added

Last edited:
Top Bottom