• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Log vape, Herborizer, or Old Head Hot Rod?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well a log is not going to compete with what you have probably, if you want the regular kind of log, I recommend going with a heat island from Alan, email him to check what he has in stock now for a large 7/16 steel or glass core... or just get on his wait list for an exotic custom in a couple years? He has some other offerings as well...

Herborizer people seem to love, doesn't really appeal to me, the form factor all that glass lab stuff? But I'm sure it can hang with your other heavies...

Hot Rod, I'm not so sure, feel like it would offer the least, it's not that cheap and it looks like a clean design and set, but I don't know if it's the most functional, convenience compared to what you already have? I don't think it would perform any better than what you have either...

If you have not considered them already, I would look into the cloud connoisseur line, Halo, Atlas, and the upcoming heady atlas...

I would also suggest checking out the couch log (unique in that it uses ceramic beads for the mass and has its own VVPS) and the musa log as well (halogen and steel)

Texus

Think you've seen my disappointment with the Old Head in that thread. But for the quality of hits, my guess is that there is just a learning curve for me to master. But those magnets remain a concern in my use case, and in terms of safety with a hot object like that potentially sliding off.

And since you already have the Baller Head, I'd go Herborizer as a perfect, heavy-hitting complement to that. Have never gotten better or purer hits than from my Ti. I also recommend the Ti over DigiTi due to the added portability of the Ti (nice carrying case provided, you just need your bubbler/bong/Sticky Brick etc). Also, on the safety, cord management front I love that the Ti handle can be detached from the cord.

You've got your airflow covered (VapBong), your mega-huge hit covered (Baller), so time to come to flavor town.

Shadooz

Seems like the vapes on your list are all a bit light weight.
That sarcasm..

With that collection, the only lack i see is butane for the electricity shut off day,.. we never know..

And so no desktop to fullfill it, but a vapcap, or an anvil (with its lower feedback risk).

And i would just wait and buy the qaroma ceramic cover (if feedback are right), to put on your coil.

Sorry i got no VAS..
I collect flowers, not the sextoy :evil:

stonedmallone

Seems like the vapes on your list are all a bit light weight. :goon:

I'm of the opinion that your next purchase really should at the very least be a hard hitting vaporizer! :dog:

LOL this gave me a good laugh. Yeah I am definitely satisfied with what I have, it's more about just growing the collection and appeasing the VAS lol!

Well a log is not going to compete with what you have probably, if you want the regular kind of log, I recommend going with a heat island from Alan, email him to check what he has in stock now for a large 7/16 steel or glass core... or just get on his wait list for an exotic custom in a couple years? He has some other offerings as well...

Herborizer people seem to love, doesn't really appeal to me, the form factor all that glass lab stuff? But I'm sure it can hang with your other heavies...

Hot Rod, I'm not so sure, feel like it would offer the least, it's not that cheap and it looks like a clean design and set, but I don't know if it's the most functional, convenience compared to what you already have? I don't think it would perform any better than what you have either...

If you have not considered them already, I would look into the cloud connoisseur line, Halo, Atlas, and the upcoming heady atlas...

I would also suggest checking out the couch log (unique in that it uses ceramic beads for the mass and has its own VVPS) and the musa log as well (halogen and steel)

@Shit Snacks I definitely value your input, you've helped me out a ton over the past year lol. I think you're spot on with the hot rod, I have pretty much ruled it out since I think I just get more from other vapes.

I have gone back and forth about log vapes, you're right I feel like I would be underwhelmed by them. I just felt like I should have one in my rotation since everyone seems to adore theirs lmao

So that leads to me the Herborizer, I think it really would be a great piece to add to my collection just based on I don't really have the flavor chaser (besides volcano) vape. I hear it hits hard to. The glass doesn't bother me, I know they're fragile but I usually take care of glass.

I like what @Shadooz said about adding a butane vape something different for those days and nights with no power, but from the list of what you have I would go herborizer, I don't think the log vape will come close to what you have and won't win out on the reach test.

You know it's funny, I almost went with a sticky brick a few months back, I think I am going to be adding one soon.

Texus

@Shit Snacks ok I just went and did some research on these cloud vapes you mentioned and now I'm immediately curious and interested.

I think the herborizer can wait until I know more about these puppies. What are your thoughts right now? You think they're going to be the big dog in town??

Since you already have a Baller vape, the Atlas might be redundant. And I don't have enough experience to say how much a halogen option will differ from the baller experience.

I have yet to see any reports that these new entries top the Herborizer in terms of flavor. Though if I was to make a guess about what might give it a run for the money from the new gang, my money would be on the Qaroma.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks ok I just went and did some research on these cloud vapes you mentioned and now I'm immediately curious and interested.

I think the herborizer can wait until I know more about these puppies. What are your thoughts right now? You think they're going to be the big dog in town??

Yessir! Before I saw this second post of yours I was going to say, grabbing one of the cloud connoisseur vapes would kind of be the best of both worlds, getting something that is sort of log like style, but next level heavy type beast with the heater... I only have the Halo so far, but my Atlas is being made now... I think this could be a great play for your power flavor hitter, I've never used the herborizer though so I can't really compare of course, but great flavor can be had from the Halo and it is quite hard-hitting and even quick to heat up! I think a difference with the Atlas, is that it will be slower to heat up, a little more equilibrium type vape, but the vapor density capability is a bit thicker, not that the Halo is a slouch in anyway, but the atlas just has a much larger mass... I will of course have to test to see if there is much of a flavor difference, but I think depending on the power settings for the temperature, you can get great flavor with both... And there will be a heady atlas version as well... That will probably have even larger mass?

Yeah that's a good point Tex, The halo is probably going to be a bit more unique, and it could be nice for you to have such a quick heat up heavy in your stable, and it is likely that the halo has the edge on flavor as well... But there has not been enough people who have both to be sure about that yet...

I'm also not sure how many people have both, that also have the Herborizer, probably mentioned in the thread though if someone does? Though cloud connoisseur is still pretty new, they are also doing custom glass offerings that will be available in their shop before the vapes (you can message him on Instagram and see about getting added to the list to see if you can get one as soon as possible)

Oh yeah Qaroma and Ceroma look like another fun option for purity and power, although they are similar to the baller perhaps??

Texus

I certainly haven't gotten my Hot Rod to come anywhere close to Herbo on flavor. And the Baller B-2 with a screen is wonderful, and powerful. But again, doesn't hold a candle to Herbo for flavor. As someone who feels Hot Rod was a swing and a miss, I lean towards going with a known quantity, with the kinks worked out. And Herbo is a favorite of many here, as well as @stickstones who has probably tried as many vapes as any of us here.

@Shit Snacks where Qaroma differs from baller is the all-glass pathway, which is why I consider it more akin to all-glass Herbo than Ti baller. Operating on assumption that materials are the larger contributors to flavor than other design aspects.

Shit Snacks

I certainly haven't gotten my Hot Rod to come anywhere close to Herbo on flavor. And the Baller B-2 with a screen is wonderful, and powerful. But again, doesn't hold a candle to Herbo for flavor. As someone who feels Hot Rod was a swing and a miss, I lean towards going with a known quantity, with the kinks worked out. And Herbo is a favorite of many here, as well as @stickstones who has probably tried as many vapes as any of us here.

@Shit Snacks where Qaroma differs from baller is the all-glass pathway, which is why I consider it more akin to all-glass Herbo than Ti baller. Operating on assumption that materials are the larger contributors to flavor than other design aspects.

Oh yeah then I think the atlas differs in that way too, and the heady atlas, they don't have metal shells at all so I would expect better flavor with more glass?? vs other ball vapes

Shit Snacks

So what are the differences between the three cloud vapes?

Halo - halogen bulb powered heating element surrounded by steel mesh and 3mm rubies. There is a heat shield wood head as well, this is the cheapest model...

Atlas - steel ceramic cartridge heating element (like a log) surrounded by 3mm boro glass beads or rubies... Only a little more expensive than the Halo, price goes up if you swap glass for rubies though.

Both of these are in the same style, 18 mm glass shell, with slits in the side for the air path to completely avoid the electronics, the atlas has larger mass because it is completely filled with the beads, the halo heats quicker with the bulb and yeah smaller mass technically...

Heady Atlas - custom all glass, there's only the original prototype and the current production model, which is what the first batch will be like (there are other glass blowers working on different heady heads for the future) it is larger glass shell so it can hold more glass beads or rubies, it is like having the wood head of the halo but all made out of heady glass, fumed colors, dichronic crystals and crushed opals are available... This will be the most expensive, but price depends on the exact specifications for starters... There will be pre-built units in the shop eventually!

All of them incorporate handmade wooden handles as well, his threads are short, I highly suggest just reading them and checking out his Instagram :tup:

stonedmallone

Halo - halogen bulb powered heating element surrounded by steel mesh and 3mm rubies. There is a heat shield wood head as well, this is the cheapest model...

Atlas - steel ceramic cartridge heating element (like a log) surrounded by 3mm boro glass beads or rubies... Only a little more expensive than the Halo, price goes up if you swap glass for rubies though.

Both of these are in the same style, 18 mm glass shell, with slits in the side for the air path to completely avoid the electronics, the atlas has larger mass because it is completely filled with the beads, the halo heats quicker with the bulb and yeah smaller mass technically...

Heady Atlas - custom all glass, there's only the original prototype and the current production model, which is what the first batch will be like (there are other glass blowers working on different heady heads for the future) it is larger glass shell so it can hold more glass beads or rubies, it is like having the wood head of the halo but all made out of heady glass, fumed colors, dichronic crystals and crushed opals are available... This will be the most expensive, but price depends on the exact specifications for starters... There will be pre-built units in the shop eventually!

All of them incorporate handmade wooden handles as well, his threads are short, I highly suggest just reading them and checking out his Instagram :tup:
Man this is awesome thanks a lot! Looks like it's the Atlas/Heady Atlas for me. I will definitely go diving into the threads. Really appreciate it as always. How have you liked the atlas compared to other vapes?

Shit Snacks

Man this is awesome thanks a lot! Looks like it's the Atlas/Heady Atlas for me. I will definitely go diving into the threads. Really appreciate it as always. How have you liked the atlas compared to other vapes?

Sorry maybe I misspoke or you misread, I don't have the Atlas yet, but one is currently being made for me! So I only have the first production Halo for now... And I really enjoy it compared to my others, not like anything else I have really, great experience for me!

stonedmallone

Sorry maybe I misspoke or you misread, I don't have the Atlas yet, but one is currently being made for me! So I only have the first production Halo for now... And I really enjoy it compared to my others, not like anything else I have really, great experience for me!
Ah it was me who misread my apologies! It sounds awesome, I definitely want to acquire one. I see that he has taken a break from taking orders, gives me plenty of time to learn all about it lol

Texus

The Herbo DigiTi does seem nice, I wouldn’t mind trying one of those at all 😎

are you not stoked on the VapBong flavor?
VapBong flavor is great. It isn't something I'd describe as lacking in that way. But it is just that Herbo is about FLAVOR. That's what makes it special. With no glaring weaknesses. Just like VapBong is about AIRFLOW. And CH Baller is about IMPACT. All great and top of their class IME.

Top Bottom