Log vape, Herborizer, or Old Head Hot Rod?

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
I’ve a WoodScents because of its excellent delivery. After a month of enjoyment, loving every draw, I read about the Old Head Hot Rod. Learned it was basically the same function as the WS but in grandeur fashion, so I got one. That is to say they both have a heated Ti assembly applying convection, just different handles. HR can provide a 2-3X bigger hit over the DV tip/WS. And it does, a total day wrecker! So it is WS for the day, HR for an evening knockout.

stonedmallone

The Herbo DigiTi does seem nice, I wouldn’t mind trying one of those at all 😎

are you not stoked on the VapBong flavor?
I think the Vapbong has good flavor, but it's definitely muted in comparison to something like the flowerpot. And the volcano has even more flavor imo.
VapBong flavor is great. It isn't something I'd describe as lacking in that way. But it is just that Herbo is about FLAVOR. That's what makes it special. With no glaring weaknesses. Just like VapBong is about AIRFLOW. And CH Baller is about IMPACT. All great and top of their class IME.
This is what intrigues me about the herborizer, just seems like a perfect blend of performance and flavor. I know @stickstones says it's his favorite. I have to find a good place to get one since they seem to be out of stock everywhere. Between this and the cloud vapes I am going to have a fun journey acquiring them. Good to have some goals for 2022 lol

Texus

I think the Vapbong has good flavor, but it's definitely muted in comparison to something like the flowerpot. And the volcano has even more flavor imo.

This is what intrigues me about the herborizer, just seems like a perfect blend of performance and flavor. I know @stickstones says it's his favorite. I have to find a good place to get one since they seem to be out of stock everywhere. Between this and the cloud vapes I am going to have a fun journey acquiring them. Good to have some goals for 2022 lol
I ended up getting mine from https://lacentralevapeur.com/ They had a free bubbler included with Ti, and a discount code that you can find on the Herbo thread. And shipping was surprisingly quick.

But maybe check with VGoodiez on when they are getting stock back.

David Root

Instead of a log, just put your stem on the top of your baller head and inhale. Select your temp, around 600 ish.

I bought a stem from Toasty Top.

Toasty Top

5” long, 16mm OD glass, 14mm GonG end - $15
Fits 7/16" ss HI, 12mm glass HI, TinyMight, and 18mm Toasty Tube.
Includes four 12mm basket style screens. 1/2" flat screens also fit.

He included a small silicone sleeve that makes like a gasket and seals to the WeedEater head perfect.

I tried it. Underwhelemed. It also works with a Dynavap.

David Spoiled by Flower Pot Root

David Root,

Steel28

I’m at the point where I’m trying to choose between Old Head Hot Rod and IDB heady Atlas.

I kept CH B1 + injector head, volcano, dynovap and Crafty. Sold both of my vap bongs as well my Taffe.

Texus

I'm not sure you are going to get a drastic difference by going with another ball vape design. Lovely as those two are. I have only tried the Hot Rod, and don't feel that I have really dialed in yet. But so far I prefer the B-2. I would probably expect a larger difference from the Atlas due to the glass surrounding of the balls instead of another titanium container.

But for a different experience, maybe a IDB Halo with halogen heating instead? IDB has mentioned that Heady Halo is coming eventually. That is what I am holding out for at present.

Steel28

I'm not sure you are going to get a drastic difference by going with another ball vape design. Lovely as those two are. I have only tried the Hot Rod, and don't feel that I have really dialed in yet. But so far I prefer the B-2. I would probably expect a larger difference from the Atlas due to the glass surrounding of the balls instead of another titanium container.

But for a different experience, maybe a IDB Halo with halogen heating instead? IDB has mentioned that Heady Halo is coming eventually. That is what I am holding out for at present.

What you have said makes sense bro.

I think heady Atlas is next..

stonedmallone

What you have said makes sense bro.

I think heady Atlas is next..
That's what I settled on. I can't wait
Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

noobvaperct

I have a few desktop vapes already (vapbong, volcano hybrid, flowerpot vrod/baller head), but I am looking to acquire another. What would your next purchase be if you had my list already.
How much do you enjoy your volcano hybrid? How much use does it get?

noobvaperct,

nitro

While I love my Herbo and can only recommend getting one - I would throw the MiniVAP Glass Core into the mix. The flexicone system works really great and is outstandingly convenient and the hits (after a good 10,15 minutes of heatsoaking) are impressively comparable to the Herbo.

The taste is also excellent, while maybe a step behind the Herbo (although this is extremely subjective), I definitely noticed, that I needed the least amount of material in the MiniVAP.

I tend to use it dry with the Mini Sticky Bubbler from Sticky Bricks, which fits perfectly onto the flexicone plus.

Top Bottom