Log (Heat Island, etc.) versus Tetra P80 / Tinymight?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Are there any significant differences in the skill level / technique required between a log like the Heat Island and a modern portable like the TP80 or Tinymight?

So the basic technique is the same, for all glass stem based pure convection on demand like these, but they are all different really, if you have experience with pure convection then you should be fine... Otherwise there could be a bit of a learning curve for someone new to pure convection on demand especially glass stem-based...?

And as I said they each use slightly different types of stems and connections, so that affects how you inhale, how you are drawing air through the heater to then go through the herbs and create the vapor... So yes they are all basically going to work the same, but there are subtle differences that you would only know comparing them all together like I can lol

Also, is the vapor harshness any different in those vapes versus something like the Crafty+ / Mighty?

Yes much different, because crafty mighty is largely session conduction as well, I find those very harsh because you are hitting them back to back as they are cooking the herbs for you regardless of your inhale, but they do have those long maze cooling units which can help but also not so much? Annoying to keep clean and so much plastic!

But if you are using plain glass stems, with any of these convection units, it is going to be a bit harsh, TM I think most of all needs a cooling unit or better yet J hook, any right angle bend, but there are also glass spike and glass bead cooling options to consider of course... Tetra also could be harsh with a plain stem, but now they offer a lot of cooling stock stems, the tank mouthpiece and the bendy spiky stems are fantastic, and yes it can work with jayhooks and more too!

I actually think a plain glass stem with a log, would be the smoothest option, perhaps because those glass stems are actually smaller the bowl is smaller so it's less hot air to bother your throat, all are great for microdosing but this is why logs can be better in a sense, especially with a steel tip bowl that is very small, but yeah I am still always using my HI through a J hook or water regardless, I don't like plain straight glass stems anymore, that is so old-fashioned today!

Having used almost all of the log vapes I can say that the HI is as good as it gets. The differences between the UD and HI are subtle, I think the HI is a slightly better performer. I like them both but if I had a choice I'd personally go with the HI.

Yeah I will always say HI is best, because of all the different options for one thing, but also it can be had as cheap as possible with bamboo or other enclosures... On top of the heady custom units, and an uncountable number of stem options! Don't get me wrong Underdog is phenomenal people, but it is tough to top what Alan can do...

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
But if you are using plain glass stems, with any of these convection units, it is going to be a bit harsh, TM I think most of all needs a cooling unit or better yet J hook, any right angle bend, but there are also glass spike and glass bead cooling options to consider of course... Tetra also could be harsh with a plain stem, but now they offer a lot of cooling stock stems, the tank mouthpiece and the bendy spiky stems are fantastic, and yes it can work with jayhooks and more too!

I actually think a plain glass stem with a log, would be the smoothest option, perhaps because those glass stems are actually smaller the bowl is smaller so it's less hot air to bother your throat, all are great for microdosing but this is why logs can be better in a sense, especially with a steel tip bowl that is very small, but yeah I am still always using my HI through a J hook or water regardless, I don't like plain straight glass stems anymore, that is so old-fashioned today!
Yea i def agree with everything said here, the Tinymight is a harsher than my log

~vapeslut.xo~

Having used almost all of the log vapes I can say that the HI is as good as it gets. The differences between the UD and HI are subtle, I think the HI is a slightly better performer. I like them both but if I had a choice I'd personally go with the HI.
I saw a post regarding the Underdog Alpha as the "gnarliest" (Lol) log...do you have any experience with that one?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I saw a post regarding the Underdog Alpha as the "gnarliest" (Lol) log...do you have any experience with that one?
The way I see it, every vaporizer gives you a slightly difference experience so it's hard to pinpoint what to lead you to.
If you're looking for gnarly though, look no further than the standard manual non hands free VaporBrothers - that's a very easy vaporizer to recommend to anyone. EDIT: Also look at Ed's "Woodscents" log vape. I haven't tried it yet but I'm quite sure it's very awesome.

Last edited:
jeffp,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom