Log (Heat Island, etc.) versus Tetra P80 / Tinymight?

dimmusp

How does a log like the Heat Island compare to the Tetra P80 or the Tinymight?

Some context:

I currently use a Crafty+ and love its ease of use and consistency (big clouds with fresh capsules!). However, I don't like is that it's a session vape and I'm always anxious about the herb getting cooked in between hits, the battery dying, etc. Plus the aluminum chamber and silicone WPA don't give me a lot of peace of mind.

Before that, I had a TETRAx but never managed to get it to work consistently (the Watts would drop to near-zero at random, I tried other firmwares and ended up combusting, etc.). Other than that, the heater tech is great and I think the problems were due to the mod connection. The Tetra P80 seems better in that respect since it all comes fully integrated and working straight from Lamart.

I only vape at home on the couch with my wife, usually through a Rattle Can water pipe.

So I'm recently looking at the Heat Island log vape, but at the same time there's a Tetra P80 drop this Sunday...

What do you guys think?

Thanks

cosimo

Tried a TinyMight about two weeks ago, I have a Log vaporizer. Using the TM I felt I had the power and ease of a Log in portable form. I also only vaporize at home, but if i could i'd have a TM... seems to provide the same as a Log without a cumbersome cord.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I'm looking mostly at the Heat Island due to the price, variety of stems, etc.

I see you have an Underdog. Have you compared it to the Tetra P80 or Tinymight? Thanks
I have not,no.
Given the power of the 7\16 cores.......let me know if they do please.
😥

arb,

NimChimpsky

Yea two very different vapes but I think the main differences will be that the Tinymight is going to be able to take larger loads than most logs if wanted (or microdosing of course) and there's no recovery time needed between hits. You can change the temp much quicker in the TM over a log vvps to temp step or whatever you want. Of course the TM is battery driven vs plug in and so more portable but you gotta deal with batteries. I'm not super experienced with logs, they meet the needs perfectly for a lot of folks, but I can say the TM is fucking dope and very versatile.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
That whole recovery time thing seems vastly over exaggerated to me in my usage pattern.
Can I overwhelm the core.........yes but it takes effort.
Two people back to back will definitely overwhelm them so be aware of that.

NimChimpsky

That whole recovery time thing seems vastly over exaggerated to me in my usage pattern.
Can I overwhelm the core.........yes but it takes effort.
Two people back to back will definitely overwhelm them so be aware of that.
Yea I can see that and it surely depends on the log. I was never really able to get my UD Alpha dialed in right without having at least a couple min recovery time (though happy to see others clearly have had great success, even with the one I had ;)) I know others have experienced that with some logs and others haven't or its not a problem for them, alls I can say is my TM punches everytime with no wondering for me. Def interested in trying another log one day though!

arb

Semi shaved ape
Yea I can see that and it surely depends on the log. I was never really able to get my UD Alpha dialed in right without having at least a couple min recovery time (though happy to see others clearly have had great success, even with the one I had ;)) I know others have experienced that with some logs and others haven't or its not a problem for them, alls I can say is my TM punches everytime with no wondering for me. Def interested in trying another log one day though!
I would say if a Alpha could not do it for you then logs ain't your thing.
😂

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Yea two very different vapes but I think the main differences will be that the Tinymight is going to be able to take larger loads than most logs if wanted (or microdosing of course) and there's no recovery time needed between hits. You can change the temp much quicker in the TM over a log vvps to temp step or whatever you want. Of course the TM is battery driven vs plug in and so more portable but you gotta deal with batteries. I'm not super experienced with logs, they meet the needs perfectly for a lot of folks, but I can say the TM is fucking dope and very versatile.

I can only speak to the Woodscents, but I have never experienced a "recovery" time between hits. I invariably turn it on in the morning after I wake up and let it heat soak for at least 10 minutes before I use it, but after that its good for back-to-back hits without delay.

To the OPs point, I have no direct experience with a TM so I'm hesitant to really weigh in--I would imagine that with a small dose in the TM it would perform similarly to a log (larger doses seem to require stirring and never heat as evenly perusing the thread here, but I think that is the case with most vapes--my WS is extremely even and consistent on a small single-hitter type of doses, whereas if I pack more in (enough for 2-3 solid hits) I need to stir to really get everything out of it. The main consideration for me and home use would be the battery life. Are you getting a single bowl out of a charge? 4? If I'm only getting a bowl or two out of a charge that would really change the "convenience" calculus for me as leaving a log on all day makes it easy to walk up for a hit at any time.

I guess for me if its strictly home use I'd not want to deal with the hassle and waste of batteries and keeping them rotated to stay charged, but I can certainly see the appeal of carrying something out to the backyard or whatever--I've been eyeing a TM myself. I just don't know that I'd want it to be my primary daily driver at home.

Last edited:

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
I have a Woodscents & a Tetra P80. I like them both for different reasons.

With the Woodscents, I love that I can leave it on for the bulk of the day, and it's always hot & ready. It's great for microdosing and is extremely efficient. I haven't ever experienced "overwhelming" the Woodscents heater.

With the Tetra P80, I do find that it's a bit more versatile than the Woodscents. I can run a small basket pack through and fully extract it in 1-2 hits, or I can do a big stem pack and really go to the moon.

Both are great vaporizers and you really can't go wrong with either or. I think it would really depend on if you'd prefer a desktop or a portable unit.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I have E-nano and Tinymight, not really sure they are all that directly comparable, you can definitely get larger loads in the TM if you want
I mean you're limited by the diameter of the stems unless you just keep packing deeper, right? Any log can do this as well (I guess there's a limit to the size of a DV tip on a woodscents though), it just leads to a poor/uneven extraction ime (obviously you can stir to mitigate this). Isn't the TM more or less the same if you "go big or go home?"

~vapeslut.xo~

Here to say I love my Heat Island!

Heat Island is wonderful but the TM appears to do the same without a cord. I would recommend
the Tinymight except I don't own it, so don't listen to me ;)

Since i do own a Heat Island and don't own a TM, this might just be VAS talking ;)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I have them all, honestly, I think you know enough to decide which one is appealing to you more... A log is nice because no batteries, plugged in, easy to use on top of a rig, probably great with rattle can, you can get multiple stems to have ready, I prefer doing one or two hitter bowls instead of loading more with stirring... HI rules!

TM is really powerful, smaller package without all the plugs and such, but you've got batteries to charge, not a big deal with Molicell and a two bay external charger, the stems will hold more (wider ID ~14mm so a larger basket screens) and you can still load tiny amount as well! Also TM is fantastic dry through a j-hook, gives you the option to be portable, though it is much more money...

TP80 is also much more money, similar battery constraints, stems are different being 18.8 mm male, options to load the joint or the basket screen (what I do) making load size comparable to TM and versatile like a log as you know... Yes nice to have it all configured, the tetra X really should have worked fine though with the right mod and setup, but more mindless with TP80, except for the bum rush race to order one! The session mode is nice, digital temp control...

I really like the analog style of the TM, the session mode there is also nice, though I use it differently because the stem bowl is not as easily removable as it is with the tetra to clear, so if I'm using session mode through water with my TM I take one hit and turn it off to clear without having to remove the stem... All depending on the stem and the o ring tightness, it can be removed!

So yeah you have to decide what kind of thing you are really looking for, any should be able to get you where you want, just different ways different styles... So money, versatility, and the setup in use... I think you need to decide which of those factors are most important to you here?

I will say this, log is pretty great for sharing at home through water with a significant other... I think it would be the simplest overall, not that the other two would be very complicated, but yeah they have a lot more versatility and variables I suppose?

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
What is the id on the tm adapters?
the multi wpa adpater is about 11.5mm id i didn't measure the others

I mean you're limited by the diameter of the stems unless you just keep packing deeper, right? Any log can do this as well (I guess there's a limit to the size of a DV tip on a woodscents though), it just leads to a poor/uneven extraction ime (obviously you can stir to mitigate this). Isn't the TM more or less the same if you "go big or go home?"
yeah it is the same but the stems are a bit wider than my E-Nano stems, I still weirdly don't think they are a 1:1 comparison for whatever reason

dimmusp

Are there any significant differences in the skill level / technique required between a log like the Heat Island and a modern portable like the TP80 or Tinymight?

Also, is the vapor harshness any different in those vapes versus something like the Crafty+ / Mighty?

Texus

If this isn't something that is leaving the house or needs to go in a pocket, I'd also take a long look at the Tafee Bowle. The user experience with the cup is great. But just on the vape side, it hits hard, cools great with no need for water, immediate hits. Intuitive interface. Battery is a downside, but if using around the house less of an issue.

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
Are there any significant differences in the skill level / technique required between a log like the Heat Island and a modern portable like the TP80 or Tinymight?

Also, is the vapor harshness any different in those vapes versus something like the Crafty+ / Mighty?
Skill level on both a log & the P80 is as easy as turn on, inhale. Super easy for both.

sparrowman

Skill level on both a log & the P80 is as easy as turn on, inhale. Super easy for both.
Surprised to hear that given the recent noise on the underdog thread. Haven't used one myself (I'm sure they're ace) but there was quite a lot of discussion around setup

Texus

I'll probably shut up as "the Bowle Guy" after this, but I wanted to mention that the 2 primary strengths of the Bowle:
1) Very intuitive, straight forward user experience.
2) How well the cooling stems with the heat sinks work. Even at highest settings I have no need or desire to run through a waterpiece. That to my mind is the greatest innovation/implementation in the Bowle.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm looking mostly at the Heat Island due to the price, variety of stems, etc.

I see you have an Underdog. Have you compared it to the Tetra P80 or Tinymight? Thanks

Having used almost all of the log vapes I can say that the HI is as good as it gets. The differences between the UD and HI are subtle, I think the HI is a slightly better performer. I like them both but if I had a choice I'd personally go with the HI.

Top Bottom