• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Legalize It! Your comments.

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Obama has said he would end DEA raids in MMJ states, that's about it.

That doesn't necessarily mean 'complete jurisdiction over MMJ laws'. Yes, it is a step in the right direction....

IMHO the step we need to take is away from Big-Brother gov't, which isn't the case with Obama.

And considering his flip-flopping on decriminalization, I wouldn't get my hopes up for the draconian drug laws to change. :/

SpiralArchitect,

djelimon

"IMHO the step we need to take is away from Big-Brother gov't, which isn't the case with Obama."

Actually his stance on guns isn't that draconian either.

Canada's got looser drug laws than the US, but the government is "bigger" in a sense (taxes).

edit:

forgot to add

That doesn't necessarily mean 'complete jurisdiction over MMJ laws'
Didn't mean it meant that, but, with a demonstrably positive outcome, and the correct sort of campaigning, that would to me seem the next step.

Don't forget that this election has redefined what is mainstream in the USA.

djelimon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Actually his stance on guns isn't that draconian either.
I never said his gun positions were draconian.... :/

However, they are rather asinine.

Trust me, like I said, I have faith in the dude. He certainly was the best option of the two main parties. McCain won't even acknowledge medical marijuana. That said, I think Obama can accomplish a lot of good, I just don't think he will be the 'messiah of change' everyone is anticipating -- then again, he can still prove me wrong, and I sincerely hope he does. ;)

SpiralArchitect,

djelimon

Dude, you have a funny habit of going to anti-Obama sites as your proof of Obama's positions on things. I mean, I wouldn't go to the DEA website to find out what marijuana is like, and I wouldn't go to a dope slanger either. I'd go to my local library (Dave Chappelle).

In the same vein, you might want to check out media sources like politico, or watchdog groups like factcheck.org or FAIR.

or here:

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

What I get is a guy who knows in the country usually guns = hunting, and in the city usually guns = dead people. And his interpretation of the constitution (which he is an acknowledged expert in in legal circles, btw) could be used as justification for Reagan's making it illegal for inner city blacks to carry shotguns around, as governor of California. How does the NRA feel about Reagan, I wonder?

NRA hates Obama because he doesn't take NRA lobbyist money (or other lobbyists), and of course because he's a Dem. Reagan, otoh, is a Rep.

To say he's "the most anti-gun president in US history" (quoting the site you cited) is a bit... well... sensationalist. Election fodder, all one with the Manchurian candidate theories and the secret muslim handshake the rest of the agit-prop used to gull people into hating "others" and making weed illegal.

YMMV.

PS

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/23/politics/main4472798.shtml?source=mostpop_story

I think the above link explains the site. part of an 8 figure smear assault on Obama. Impressive.

djelimon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Believe what you want. But when you see our 2nd amendment slowly degrading and being infringed upon, I won't have to say "I told you so".

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Dislaimer: I'm Canadian and won't pretend to be very knowledgeable on US politics... and I'm pretty vaked.

Easy to become cynical with politicians for sure, but I mean if we want them to have open minds about things... I mean the guy hasn't been president for 2 days yet (federal elect, whatever, you know what I mean) so... try to remain a little hopeful. His victory speech was pretty heavy on the anything is possible/yes we can/change themes. No more Cali raids is a good thing; positive change-- one step at a time. :2c:

Anyway, I think we're mature enough to keep this civil and interesting. It's DD's thread so he can decide if it goes too far off topic.

vtac,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
actually, he still isnt president until jan 1st, theres a couple month period for the previous president to tidy up a bit and brief the new president

then again, most US citizens dont even know that :lol:

vtedit----
vtac said:
(federal elect, whatever, you know what I mean)
Surprisingly I actually did know that he doesn't take office till Jan. It's funny imagining Bush briefing him... "uh here's the keys, sorry I fucked everything up. Good luck". :D

Acolyte of Zinglon,

supavape420

Tommy Chong
people need to stop freaking out over drugs
if you dont like them stay away from them!
if they were under control people wouldnt have to worry about kids doing them
but anyways if they were legal there would be those types of people who take shit too far and ruin it for everybody

supavape420,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I'm watching this again - http://blip.tv/file/1356143/

And it makes me Angry!!! Illegal because it turns you into a physcopath, no its war time Hemp is Good ... and then no ... its illegal becasue it turns everyone into passavists (sorry my spellings shit).

:mad: :uhoh: :disgust: :disgust: :uhoh: :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

edit:my typings shit too :rolleyes:

vaporcloud,

djelimon

Believe what you want. But when you see our 2nd amendment slowly degrading and being infringed upon, I won't have to say "I told you so".
It's impossible to prove a negative, but if you read that linky I put down, their conclusion is that Obama simply doesn't care about guns much one way or the other. Insofar as he has an opinion, he's less pro gun than McCain, but McCain is more gun conscious and thus more likely to pander to the other side (as he has done in the past), being a maverick and all.

To be honest, I've shot guns and that but they have no real value to me. Lots of guns in Hussein-era Iraq, minimum 1 AK per house, but the government wasn't exactly non-intrusive.

But then, I'm from Canada too.

djelimon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
But then, I'm from Canada too.
:|

No offense, but this is why you don't understand where I am coming from. From what I understand, Canada doesn't even have a specific 'right to bear arms' like in USA. It's defined in various legal documents, some dating back as far as the Magna Carta through ambiguous language, which most Canadian justices haven't accepted and largely ignored. Please, correct me if I am wrong however.

I don't mean to derail the thread as much as it already has been, but I wanted to share an article I posted on Marijuana.com.

Pot Wins in a Landslide: A Thundering Rejection of America's Longest War

The electorate are the ones that are going to be making the real change. :)

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I want to let you guys battle this out. Good read for the most part. I don't do the gun battle...just a personal thing of the family. When you've heard what my wife and I have seen in our seperate journey's through life, then you may understand why that type of talk makes me uneasy.

Great part about america..we all can have opinions and discuss them, scream them, write them, etc. I know many can do this (everyone on this forum I think lives in a democracy), but still it is a gift many take for granted on this and many other forums.

SA...I think your last post linked exactly what djelimon is trying to convey...maybe and tell me to piss off if I'm wrong...Obama can't do too much for marijuana reform because as you said it is "political suicide". What can and may happen is that he will tend to put actions, policy, and people that leans towards careing for the peoples needs (I think the Republicans call that liberal). He seems to be a very compasionate man after all.

Therefor...individual states will have more of a liberal say (appointed or elected US will be more liberal for at least 4 years), or at least a slightly more sypathetic ear to listen to. Like the gay marriages being overturned in Cali...wheather you agree or not...will now be brought to the Supreme Court by the people involved, and America will then HAVE to reevaluate it's policy. One way or another. Everything is a process, and in polotics you have to step backwards sometimes to leap forward. Mostly I agree with you SA because I too am a pesimist, for I have been studying polotics since the first bush was elected.lol

I love the debate we are having here. The words will fly, but plase be sure to have ideas flying around as well. That is really what this thread is for. Haveing debates on how to help our cause, and not only on how we differ in opinions is exactly what I had in mind for this topic.

I love democracy, and believe whole heartedly in free speach...but in this thread can we keep it to just MJ laws though. Gun talk is a topic that most non-US citizens will not understand our (USA's) points of view. Most countries have a minimal gun culture comapred to the US, and may not understand the extreme biased opinions we as US citizens may have.

PLUS THIS IS A PLACE TO TALK ABOUT EXTENDING LIFE, FUN, and YOUR HIGH!

Have a toke and a smile... I'm enjoying the read. :D

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i was really dissapointed that the gay marraiges were banned, the law is supposed to protect peoples rights not take them away

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Top Bottom