Legalize It! Your comments.

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I have had at least 5 different indoor grows over the years and all have been pretty successful but things always spring up and I am forced to shut down.

After paying 300 bones for my last bag and seeing it rapidly deplete I going to have to tell her that 'I am going to start growing again'. I know what the reaction will be.

But this time I want to spend some extra money to ensure I get the best bang for my buck. A grow tent with either a 250w or 400w Son-T HPS and 2 channel HFT hydro setup. I've never done hydro before ... always organic but I want something I can set and forget for up to a week.

I have the seeds ... a very unstable sativa variety. Not the best for indoors but its potent and quite a quick maturing variety. I have all the knowledge and experience to clone and grow successfully and should come out with a few bags to sell cheaply to friends.

So fair its all concept but I have a head of steam up that for sure!

vaporcloud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The best part, DD, is when you start growing, I'm gonna start visiting! I'll bring the E and school you on the VG while you watch me lust after your PD!

stickstones,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
vaporcloud said:
I have had at least 5 different indoor grows over the years and all have been pretty successful but things always spring up and I am forced to shut down.

After paying 300 bones for my last bag and seeing it rapidly deplete I going to have to tell her that 'I am going to start growing again'. I know what the reaction will be.

But this time I want to spend some extra money to ensure I get the best bang for my buck. A grow tent with either a 250w or 400w Son-T HPS and 2 channel HFT hydro setup. I've never done hydro before ... always organic but I want something I can set and forget for up to a week.

I have the seeds ... a very unstable sativa variety. Not the best for indoors but its potent and quite a quick maturing variety. I have all the knowledge and experience to clone and grow successfully and should come out with a few bags to sell cheaply to friends.

So fair its all concept but I have a head of steam up that for sure!
hey man glad to hear you dont support DRUG DEALERS!(or a lil :lol: ) and that your growing a new crop! question tho.....i think you got it backwards on the hydro set....its soil that you can kinda walk away from a forget about...you have to be on top of you nutes and shit when you do hydro...day to day thing you gotta check on ya kno...epically if its your first time!!! :/

also get cool tubes and vortex fans. The buds will gro huge! :ko:
:2c:

Hennessy1414,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Surely with hydo as long as your pump doesn't fuck out and you have a full res of water shouldn't be it able to be left for many days? I know with soil I can water them and have some decent size saucers to catch the excess and then the plants can suck that up but I always get worried I'm over watering. MJ doesn't like wet feet they say so I try to let them dry out before re-watering.

day to day thing you gotta check on ya kno...especially if its your first time!!!
But you could be right ... I know hydro can be fiddly and potential to fuck the whole crop if something goes wrong. Expensive little fuckers to set up too!!! I'm beginning to think I might start with soil until I'm up and running to help keep the initial setup cost down.

yes Hennessy I'm sick of lining dealers pockets! I'm hoping this will change next year!

vaporcloud,

eLiguL

vaporcloud said:
Two words for you, Organic Hydro. :D

eLiguL,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Surely with hydo as long as your pump doesn't fuck out and you have a full res of water shouldn't be it able to be left for many days? I know with soil I can water them and have some decent size saucers to catch the excess and then the plants can suck that up but I always get worried I'm over watering. MJ doesn't like wet feet they say so I try to let them dry out before re-watering.
you have to check the nutrient levels and adjust the ph at least once a day or you risk putting your plants into shock
i worry about overwatering too , ive killed a couple plants (non-mj) by oveerwatering

if you already know how to soil grow, stick with that at least until you get back into the beat of growing, from my research though hydro is a lot more work

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
eLiguL said:
vaporcloud said:
Two words for you, Organic Hydro. :D
near impossible for a beginner to get bomb results with findings on the net... thats how u get the bomb chron tho....experience

and to VAPORCLOUD yeah man growing is like a no brain-er when it comes to buying sacs vs. getting smart and being self sufficient! :cool: I LOVE GROWING DANK!

Hennessy1414,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Stickstones...you can come by at harvest time, and I'll put you to work clipping and cleaning. I loved that job back in the day. You always get the best buds, sticky fingers, sore scissor hands, and all the leaf matter you could take home for brownies. Good work, and you get to see some good starins too. I'll let you know bro. lol

Yep...this is a good enough thread for this topic I think. I mean there is loads of "how to make" for hash...seem logical to mention how to get there as well. After just reading this long ass post. If you don't want to grow...don't waste your time... :lol:

I got through collage on a bus boy's salary because I could set up and sell hydro systems. There is loads of great sites/forums. My personal fav is...hope this allowed to link here (please edit for me if not)... www.rollitup.org . I'm not a member, but I've been lurking around there for months now. I don't like to sign up for forums with a lot of idiots running their mouths, and there tend to be some of that there.

vc...Sounds like you are experianced, but for hydro you do need to stay on top of it like H1414 said for your first couple of crops. With chemicals (natural or not) the ph, nutrients, heat and growth rate are too risky to leave it for a week. At most I'd leave it for a weekend, and even then I'd be worried.

Good basics from my knowledge:

Lighting
MH - great for veg growth and strong root formation.
HPS - An ABSOLUTE must for flowering. If you can only afford one...get this one. (about 200$ USD or a dual mh/hps ballast on ebay with reflectors and bulbs)
250 watt = 9 square feet or less
400 watt = 12 square feet or less
600 watt = 16 square feet or less
1000 watt = 20 square feet or less
Try not to think of number of plants when concerning light, but space needed to light with lumens. Try to get high output or better (HO or IHO lights), for the lumens are truely multiplied with these bulbs.
LED...jury's still out. Wait for a bit to see results, but heard outrageous growth times. Nutirent difficientcies as well.
High output flourecents..can get realy good results off of t5's. Seen 1.5 oz's (1plant) come off a system made of 2 rubbermaid totes stuck ontop one another, 8 flouros, and a good fan!
DONT FORGET THE LOWERING/RAISING CABLES! Got to keep the light within 10" - 12" of the top of the plant/s.

MUST HAVE CARBON SCRUBBER!!! keeps the nosey peeps and the fuzz out, and unwanted odors in. 6 x 12 with a minimum 130 speed fan for a 10 x 10 room is sufficiant.

Aeroponics is my favourite. Also called bubbleponics. Also google drip systems, for those are the easiest for noobs to start with. No pump to die out, all you need to do is to be sure your ph/nutes are dead on, and the res is always full. Be sure the resivior is dark opague plastic! light will damage root system, and cause algee. I'd suggest to tape the outside with duct tape to ensure no light gets into the resivior. Also DO NOT use the thin type black plastics that some potted plants come in from the stores. (Really thin, cheap, breakable stuff) It has lead in it and will contaminate the water. Don't forget the air pump and bubble bar for an aquarium. The air transports the nutrients, and stimulates the root system.

The enclosuer is important! Light leak proof is essential, for if light hits your babies durring flowering, then you'll have some bad results. Must have good air movement. Mianly to have a flow of O2, heat ventilation, and to strengthen the stalks of your plant. for a small system (3 x 3 x 5) 2 4.5 inch fans for intake, and the carbon scrubber should be great for out flow. Be sure to water proof the bottom of the enclosure with plast bags incase of leaks. Also be sure to not put the power strip below the water proofing. RISK OF ELEC SHOCK! Mount power strip on inside, so you only have one power cord comming out of the enclosure. This is so you dont have too many holes cut in for light to leak in. ALSO buy mylar coating sheets. Not that expensive, and you won't get ripped off through materials. Trust me some will sell you sticky white cupboard paper on EBAY! Also raise the resivior off the ground to not vairiate water temps too much 1/2 inch styrofoam works.

There is a million types of grow medium. I like hydrotron pebbles, and rockwool. Some say soil is a must. I've done both, but with hydro I like my method. Just a standard grow closet with no hydro...soil is ok, but be prepared for bug problems if you are in a humid area. Another eason to make the enclosure light leak proof. No bugs can get in. Once the plants get a certin heigth, then I begin to tie them up to eye hooks fastened to the ceiling and cotton string. I'm going to try tokinPaul's trainning method. Looks like a great way to get some side growth, and grow more horizontially if you have limited heigth like my plants will.

Testers and timers. You do need them, and the cheapos aren't the way to go here. PH, nutrient levels, water/air temp, and humidity play huge if not vital roles in your plant. Get digital testers. They can be a bit much, but they are far more acurate. Not to mention buying pool kits to test ph is a bit like eye-balling the amount of blood you need for a transfusion. PH controls nutrient absorbtion. Where a lot of the "goodness" comes from. Nutrients can be tested by digital TTD's. The measurements should be in PPM (parts per million) great way to see how safe your tap water is too. Also be sure your timer can handle the amount of amps you'll be useing. Especially if you use 1000 watts or above.

Nutrients. Once again...millions of types. Most are hype, but to be sure...miriclegrow WON'T cut it! I've made my own many of times. Without knowledge I suggest General Hydroponics floral selection. Big Bud is going to be my next experiment after hearing about it from TokinPaul. I have very good luck with the GH flora line personally.

Seeds...Your guess is as good as mine. I need some, but who knows whom to trust. I've gotten taken more than I've had success on-line. If it's your first hydro...try bag seeds first. Sux to ruin 60$ of seed first go. vc...theweedfarmer.com is awesome and in AUS. Good resources, and local soil/weather/store location knowledge. After the fist plants show sex...try to save one female, and keep her under constant light. She's the mother to clone off of. Saves about 4 weeks on crop time. Full crop in 11 - 12 weeks

I obviously love to grow, but it has been a looooong time. I think it sounds like fun, but the dangers are still weighing in my head.

Facts...

a 3 x 3 x 4 hydro system with hps light will add 10 - 15 % to your electric bill.

You tell people, you boast, you trust too many...you go to jail. SIMPLE!

LOOK UP FEILD OF GREEN METHOD!

Don't grow tall, but bushy plants. Have a low rider type grow system so it's more suited for stealth. I always got at least 30 - 45 grms per plant, and they never get more than 3 - 3.5 feet tall. At 3 plants thats 90 grms min per 3.5 - 4 months. Even I can't smoke that much that fast. My small systems run at a total cost of 40 - 50 USD per month. $200 USD for over 3 oz of premo bud...not too bad.

Mine is for personal consumption only. No selling. Best way to stay clean.

Happy growing, and good luck! Any more info (TOKINPAUL!) to be added would be greatly apprieated for the noobs, and the ones that have been out of the game for a while.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
vtedit no need to quote that entire post

dude your on my heroes list......gotta love people like that^^^^ :) "heat and growth rate are too risky to leave it for a week. At most I'd leave it for a weekend, and even then I'd be worried."
straight up! ;)

Hennessy1414,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Cheers man. I know more aboutg rowing than vapeing. I try to stick to things I know around here. Too many know more than me to talk shit. I'd love to start my own grow journal thread. I think I will in JAN if I grow. Good for everyone to see, and needed for a farmer. :brow:

DigitalDavinci,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Don't grow tall, but bushy plants. Have a low rider type grow system so it's more suited for stealth. I always got at least 30 - 45 grms per plant, and they never get more than 3 - 3.5 feet tall
thats what im going for, autoflowers have always interested me, they seem simpler, ill be ordering the little red ryder hood from http://www.dutchbreed.com/ right after i get my card, i looked around the net quite a lot and they have the most unique strains, and they have a no bullshit attitude and some of the best stealth out there
hard to believe thats only a couple weeks away :o
and whats more, i may have a little more money than i thought i would, ill probably invest that on more growing supplies, get a good supply of organic nutes, maybe another 2 tube shop light. i need a couple types of guano and a big jar of molasses

Acolyte of Zinglon,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
careful dude (AtoZ). Many seeds still get confiscated because it is a federal thing...not a state thing. Also radiation still is used in some areas (large cities) to comabt anthrax. Also...I have read of people being happy, and getting screwed on forums from some amsterdam companies. I don't know though. It is always a crap shoot. Try the link to rollitup. there is a section just on seeds.

Can't wait to see your typing vaked man. Let us know whe the big day is!

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Yeah I'm still undecided. I checked out my space and its smaller than I thought ... heat is an issue in summer and its spring now. We'll have to see.

Nice write up DD. YOur right, I know nothing about hydro and prolly will stick with soil if I do grow again.

I look forward to your grow journal if you do go ahead with it.

vaporcloud,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
vaporcloud said:
Yeah I'm still undecided. I checked out my space and its smaller than I thought ... heat is an issue in summer and its spring now. We'll have to see.

Nice write up DD. YOur right, I know nothing about hydro and prolly will stick with soil if I do grow again.

I look forward to your grow journal if you do go ahead with it.
good luck and learn a lot! :D

Hennessy1414,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
DigitalDavinci said:
careful dude (AtoZ). Many seeds still get confiscated because it is a federal thing...not a state thing. Also radiation still is used in some areas (large cities) to comabt anthrax. Also...I have read of people being happy, and getting screwed on forums from some amsterdam companies. I don't know though. It is always a crap shoot. Try the link to rollitup. there is a section just on seeds.

Can't wait to see your typing vaked man. Let us know whe the big day is!

DD
true, i havent heard anything but rave reviews of dutchbreed, and their stealth is so good that sometimes the recipient hasnt been able to find the seeds until they emailed dutchbreed and dutchbreed told them where the seeds where in the package
dutchbreed also takes pride in their strains, because they have even put one of them back into breeding because they felt it was losing its taste and color
overall though i just get good vibes from them

i would stay away from the big seedbanks like drchronic personally, ive been hearing some negative things abut him in the past couple of months, and it seems more likely that if the government looked at one of his packages they would recognise it because his buisiness is so big and well known

Acolyte of Zinglon,
We will soon have a president who I believe would sign a marijuana reformation bill if Congress were to present it to him. I believe last night proves that eventually anything is possible.

Medivape,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
and since the senate is majority demcratic, im hopefull about these next 2 years

obama also said that he would stop the dea raiding medical marijuana dispensaries and patients, but unfortunnately thats only helpful to those of us in states with med laws

Acolyte of Zinglon,

djelimon

I'm willing to bet if there was grassroots activity directed towards Obama he'd be willing to revisit mj laws.

A vote is a vote and a buck is a buck, if nothing else.

djelimon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I think the world let out a big sigh of relief last night.

Seems like BHO has an open mind, someone should make him watch one of the excellent documentaries out there. It's pretty exciting to see him president.

Let's hope ending the federal raids is only the start!

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
And thanks to Max for the cool text site. Check out my sig ... WOOT ... just another purple day :cool:

vaporcloud,
At least he has personal experience with marijuana.

I just found this youtube video regarding his view of medical marijuana.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvUziSfMwAw

It's not high on his list of priorities, but he's not going to waste federal law enforcement resources either prosecuting those in states that support it.

We need to get organized and advocate in an intelligent way. Participation is key. Even if we use medicinal use as the front door, it's a start.

Medivape,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
BHO won't do anything in regards to decriminalizing/legalizing MJ. It's political suicide and the last thing he would want his legacy to be known as turning America into a 'doper nation'. He use to be for decriminalizing, well, at least re-thinking our MJ laws, but he has since changed his stance. He supports stopping DEA raids on states that have MMJ but that is about it.... real change. :rolleyes: Not likely.

SpiralArchitect,

djelimon

I think you're looking at this the wrong way SpiralArchitect.

If Obama formally gives states complete jurisdiction over MMJ laws, for example, that would be a somewhat useful increment in the right direction, and quasi-conservative in sentiment at the same time.

djelimon,
Top Bottom