LAST vape NEXT vape

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
LAST vape NEXT vape

Were you satisfied with the LAST vape you bought and would you buy it again? Did it deliver the experience you were hoping for or did it disappoint? What’s the NEXT vape on your too buy list and why are you looking forward to owning it?

LAST vape for me was a Anvil by Vestratto acquired right around 420. Bought it mostly out of curiosity, as it was billed as a one hit, full bowl extraction vape that can also be used for a more relaxed session.

What’s special about the Anvil is the consistency and repeatability of the desired extraction if the same torch and technique is used. It’s also a miser with flower that handles hash adequately. Is it going to replace my DV collection? No. But it’s unique enough that it’s a worth while purchase for me.

Like other butane vapes it’s not the best choice for outdoor use or where torching a small pipe like object could raise eyebrows. The development of a powerful IH, especially if it could accommodate a DV would be a big step forward for Vestratto. Along for the ride on this one.

NEXT vape will be a Firewood 8 or Davinci’s next offering depending which is available first. Had the opportunity to use the FW7 for several extended periods when my buddy and I traded vapes back and forth.

Set up is a bit complicated, but once achieved your good to go. Not sure what the new enhancements will be, but definitely looking forward to the release. High demand with limited production, means a long wait for this one.

The Davinci IQ series IMO is the pinnacle of portable conduction session vapes that can offer decent flavour for most of the extraction. Clean air path, pocketable, and solidly built make this a great travel vape.

Whether Davinc’s next offering will be just an upgrade of their current conduction technology, or a whole new convection/hybrid model will be interesting to see. Again, Covid and supply chain issues is going to cause delays of any new vape release this year.

Here’s to your next vape purchase. :cheers:

acaderp

I'm kind of a weird, haven't bought a new vape in 4-5 years. Last one was the first Dynavap Phantom M. It remains in my regular rotation of a whopping 3 (CFX, first version M with a titanium tip, Phantom M with a stainless steel tip). They all do the trick for me, but I've been thinking about a new portable and getting a desktop as well. Those thoughts wander between TinyMight and Tafee Bowle for portables, some form of baller/injector for the desktop. I dither forever before buying so I'm sure it'll be fall before I pull the trigger on anything! :lol:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
I'm kind of a weird, haven't bought a new vape in 4-5 years. Last one was the first Dynavap Phantom M. It remains in my regular rotation of a whopping 3 (CFX, first version M with a titanium tip, Phantom M with a stainless steel tip). They all do the trick for me, but I've been thinking about a new portable and getting a desktop as well. Those thoughts wander between TinyMight and Tafee Bowle for portables, some form of baller/injector for the desktop. I dither forever before buying so I'm sure it'll be fall before I pull the trigger on anything!

Your 3 are all solid vapes that I own and plan to hold on to. Many of us wish we had your strength and will power to over come the dreaded VAS! :lol:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
My last actual purchase (besides accessoires like stems, induction heaters etc.) also took place quite a while ago. My last vape was the Tinymight and it did soothe my VAS quite well, would buy again without hesitation because for me it's just the perfect match with my Dynavaps. I actually only use those two systems these days (and for quite a while now).

However, I recently came across the Vector by Volski. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna grab one of those, I'm intrigued by its simplicity and its apparent focus on flavor.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
LAST got an Atlas and have been delighted with it. With the wooden bowl @Shit Snacks recommended the excellent 1-3 hit extraction is comparable to the OAB or VB but with quicker heatup. Also prefer keeping a bubbler clean over the opaque Collyland ceramic with the heater and wiring riding along for each trip to the sink.

The Anvil was before that and has been a game changer. Hardly used my vapcaps before and will never use them now. The Anvil, which cranks up in twenty-ish seconds and prefers to be a one or two hitter, is a great pick and roll partner for the Atlas, which feels more like permanently available power for any sort of hit.

GTR or CouchLog NEXT

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
My last thoughtful vape purchase was the Couchlog and I was surprised to find that it quickly because my favorite device. I can't express how much it has improved my experience. Probably not for everyone but fits my life like a glove.

I have impulse bought a Vector and a Glass cap since then. The vector is still en route. The Glass cap is super fun though not yet my DD.

Next vape, I hope is a Toad but that is up to the fates and Dan Morrison. Also hoping for a TP80 drop soon or for my number to come up for a GTR.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How about a quadruple next, since I am blanking on my last vape arrival exactly haha supposedly my toad should be shipping soon... and I have a new cobalt halo paid for to be made soon, and my heady atlas glass could show up soon for it to be built as well! aside from an obligatory FW8 asap too...

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
How about a quadruple next, since I am blanking on my last vape arrival exactly haha supposedly my toad should be shipping soon... and I have a new cobalt halo paid for to be made soon, and my heady atlas glass could show up soon for it to be built as well! aside from an obligatory FW8 asap too...
Oh good point. I did hear my Halo is being built in the next batch. Hopefully it is the next to arrive! (No rush, iDB😄)

Shit Snacks

Oh good point. I did hear my Halo is being built in the next batch. Hopefully it is the next to arrive! (No rush, iDB😄)

Yeah I don't even know exactly what batch where I am for Halo haha theoretically my Heady could be ahead of it ultimately... But I know I've got more CC gear coming soon!

And I think last vape for me was veri peri xmax v3pro, before that arrived it was xlux roffu and firefly2+ and HI/GTR + glass lol

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Last vape was v3pro. Despite all praise I had read beforehand it still managed to surprise me by its performance. I would definitely pick it up again.

For next vape I'm thinking of a couchlog. It's just so beautiful and since I haven't really used this type of device it might find a very nice spot in my collection.

Alternatively I've been thinking about pairing a de verdamper with a Roor vapor glass if I can source the right verdamper parts without having to acquire a complete set.

attackpoints

Last vape was the tinymight. The hype is to be believed. I'm very happy with it. If it broke, I would want it fixed or replaced which is normally my litmus for whethere it was a good buy. Its fragility is a bit annoying, but I also rarely vape outside of the house so no issues with that.

Next vape? Probably the FW8. I'd love to win the hunger games- I mean, a lamart drop. I'm on the wait list for a gtr, iHeat, and toad. Would like a halo at some point, or a cosmic extractor. I'm being good while I'm on my t-break though so no new purchases for a while. 😇

cvs8floz

My last vape was either the Qaroma or the B1, can't remember which came first. The B1 has become my daily driver, I used the Qaroma for a day or 2 but gave up on it. Only interested in heavy hitting desktops, more looking for glass accessories than another vape.

Carrera3.0

Last vape was the tinymight. The hype is to be believed. I'm very happy with it. If it broke, I would want it fixed or replaced which is normally my litmus for whethere it was a good buy. Its fragility is a bit annoying, but I also rarely vape outside of the house so no issues with that.

Next vape? Probably the FW8. I'd love to win the hunger games- I mean, a lamart drop. I'm on the wait list for a gtr, iHeat, and toad. Would like a halo at some point, or a cosmic extractor. I'm being good while I'm on my t-break though so no new purchases for a while. 😇

pretty much sums up my situation

badbee

My most recent is a DynaVap Vong that I bought on 4/20. I've been using a 2019 M with TI tip and a 2020 M for years. The Vong felt like an unnecessary purchase ( I don't generally buy multiple versions of things) but it's a really solid upgrade to the experience. The improvements are subjective; more open airflow, less heating after the click with IH, better hand feel. It was definitely worth $95, but a boring upgrade to others I'm sure.

Next? Maybe a TinyMight even though I have some dissatisfaction with how the electrical path is designed (this business of using erasers to clean oxidation and foil as electrical contact shims is ridiculous). I'm also looking forward to a potential gen 2 (or price drop) of the Tafee Bowle.

Shit Snacks

Next? Maybe a TinyMight even though I have some dissatisfaction with how the electrical path is designed (this business of using erasers to clean oxidation and foil as electrical contact shims is ridiculous).

For the record I've never had to do any of that shit, not even ones, with either of my TM, and I use it every day many times, over a year for each...

I'm also looking forward to a potential gen 2 (or price drop) of the Tafee Bowle.

That would be great! And/or some more accessories...

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
The last vape I bought was a B1 Flowerpot although I really just bought the head to throw on the coil I had been using with my VRod since 2019.
The hype is real, the words are true, the Flowerpot is my one true ganja vaporization god:bowdown::spliff:

I really don't feel much of a need for more vapes as I can't imagine much else that I need in a vape that the vapes in my sig don't offer. However what I need is not the same as what I want and I want to check out some of the wonderful community sourced vape that have hit the market lately such as the Atlas or Inverzion vapes, both created by members of this lovely community!

My progression has been FF2+ -> PAX3 -> EQ

Can't see myself buying another vape but that's what I said when I bought the first one.

hardlawjockey,
Reactions: Summer

badbee

For the record I've never had to do any of that shit, not even ones, with either of my TM, and I use it every day many times, over a year for each...
Well, that's good, but you have to admit the reports of these problems keep coming in. It can't be "fixed" because it's a fundamental flaw in the design. Electronics designed for consumers (and almost every other vape in existence) avoid pressure fittings for good reason.

Shit Snacks

Well, that's good, but you have to admit the reports of these problems keep coming in. It can't be "fixed" because it's a fundamental flaw in the design. Electronics designed for consumers (and almost every other vape in existence) avoid pressure fittings for good reason.

Eh still seems like a small percentage, and since to me most people don't have issues, it is not a fundamental flaw in the design :2c:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

637vape

Last vape: Anvil - I bought this looking for the perfect portable micro dose vape, that uses a torch, and for me it fits the bill. I really only use it with the 0.05g bowl, for anything over 0.05g I normally pick something else. Having ~60 seconds to puff on it like a cigar after a single heating is really where it shines for me compared to other torch vapes.

Next vape: Herborizer Ti - the Herborizer XL is still my favorite desktop vape, I'm interested in testing out the Ti with the micro dosing bowl to see if it would make a good daily driver.

Glorg

I’m going to stretch this because it’s wildly different results. Last TWO vapes and next two.

Last two in order : Herbie v2, anvil user edition.

Herbie has been a terrible experience, the price made me jump on it instead of the anvil pre order, the herbie had a solid sale at the drop, and yes I regret that decision. Still doesn’t function and I need to eventually try again with coil configs and mods but so far it’s bad enough that I won’t even sell it.

Anvil is undeniably expensive but has delivered on the performance and enjoyment side massively so imo it’s been very very worth it. I hope they stick around for a long time and can release future improved editions, this is a rough industry though.

Next two: vapman next 100%, then I’m watching what happens with the firewood 8. Other then that my collection is feeling solid and I’m just hoping someone drops more lotus heat shields to keep those beauties alive.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I also have never done any of that kind of shit, but I have only had my TM for 9 months. I have other devices that are a lot more maintenance.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Alle guten Dinge sind drei (as we Germans say): I've had my TM for a bit over two years, never had to clean contacts or fiddle with tinfoils. Honestly: I'm not even sure it was those methods that got rid of whatever issue they tried to solve. :-)

attackpoints

It's good that some (most, idk) people have had units that have performed well over many months/years, but the tinymight not heating properly is a common enough problem to warrant multiple threads on reddit and discussion in the TM thread here every couple of pages. Even a small percentage of people affected points to a design weakness. I can say with certainty that adding tin foil solved my issues. But perhaps I'm a loud minority lol

When the tinymight works it's wonderful, so I wouldn't let it dissuade you, @badbee It's definitely a worthy next vape.

Top Bottom