LAST vape NEXT vape

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I miss being able to order butane online from Amazon haha but apparently they don't ship it in California, so I have to walk over to an e-cig shop!

Last was a Bowle, I'm still on honeymoon.

But next, through the graces of a fellow traveller, a Minivap is on its way.

I have a 3,000 post,11 year thread to catch up on!

Nice! Did you get the one from the classifieds? Amazing offer I was tempted by

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I ordered this yesterday: https://www.amazon.com/Blazer-189-9274-Firefox-Refillable-Degrees/dp/B00FJ7U568

How does it compare to RONXS torch?
My only Blazer has been the PT4000. Folks have reported very good results with both Firefoxes, including that mini specifically, but I don't think either of them can hang with the big pointy single flame potential of the Ronx, even though it's a budget torch from a lesser brand.

It's understandable to associate the Blazer torches with quality given their high price and fairly rugged build. If the inner single flame can barely manage 1" on max you can do better with the $19 Ronx.

Really it comes down to click speed. If the mini can make the fat copper battery click in under 25 seconds you have the RTL torch power you need. I'm pretty sure the Ronx can click anywhere in twenty seconds and now that I'm using fancy butane it lights on the first click with no sputtering on refill

bossman,
Reactions: fiixed

fiixed

My only Blazer has been the PT4000. Folks have reported very good results with both Firefoxes, including that mini specifically, but I don't think either of them can hang with the big pointy single flame potential of the Ronx, even though it's a budget torch from a lesser brand.

It's understandable to associate the Blazer torches with quality given their high price and fairly rugged build. If the inner single flame can barely manage 1" on max you can do better with the $19 Ronx.

Really it comes down to click speed. If the mini can make the fat copper battery click in under 25 seconds you have the RTL torch power you need. I'm pretty sure the Ronx can click anywhere in twenty seconds and now that I'm using fancy butane it lights on the first click with no sputtering on refill
Thanks! I've ordered the Ronx as well so will let you know how they compare on the Anvil. Thanks again!

fiixed,
Reactions: bossman

Zipford

Last vape was a Tinymight in October of last year, and I have no plans to buy a next vape. If I had to buy another, it would be a spare Tinymight.

I think the potential oxidation/contact issues of electrical contacts are real, but I too have had zero issues with this. And when they have cropped up with others, they generally are fairly easy to resolve. Because people not having the issue rarely report that they're not having a problem, I think the reports you see online tend to skew perception that this is more widespread than it is.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Last vape was a Tinymight in October of last year, and I have no plans to buy a next vape. If I had to buy another, it would be a spare Tinymight.

I think the potential oxidation/contact issues of electrical contacts are real, but I too have had zero issues with this. And when they have cropped up with others, they generally are fairly easy to resolve. Because people not having the issue rarely report that they're not having a problem, I think the reports you see online tend to skew perception that this is more widespread than it is.
Love the Tiny might and the vapor it produces, but there is a new release AirVape Legacy PRO that people are reporting is in the running. Jury is still out, but with a more robust build, cooler vapor, pocketable for travel and produces similar results with a life time warranty is something worth looking into for me.

Air-Vape-Legacy-PRO.jpg

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Love the Tiny might and the vapor it produces, but there is a new release AirVape Legacy PRO that people are reporting is in the running. Jury is still out, but with a more robust build, cooler vapor, pocketable for travel and produces similar results with a life time warranty is something worth looking into for me.

Air-Vape-Legacy-PRO.jpg
Which people are saying what exactly? Seems a bit sus to be comparing anything from AirVape to the TM if nobody has seen or used one in the wild. Is there a thread for the Pro here yet? I hope we're not just talking about YouTube shills.

The $270us price does make it seem like they have high hopes though 🤞 😂

... I checked r/vaporents and only found this clip, which has the Pro looking underpowered (two long, slow hits at 430° with plenty waiting for heatup) and a bit flimsy with that coffin lid design:
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/uxdms5

fiixed

Lot of love for the TinyMight here, I can't justify buying something new that charges with micro usb (my goal last year was to finally replace the last of my obsolete micro usb devices). Please bring out a USB C version.

fiixed,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++

Which people are saying what exactly? Seems a bit sus to be comparing anything from AirVape to the TM if nobody has seen or used one in the wild. Is there a thread for the Pro here yet? I hope we're not just talking about YouTube shills.

The $270us price does make it seem like they have high hopes though 🤞 😂

... I checked r/vaporents and only found this clip, which has the Pro looking underpowered (two long, slow hits at 430° with plenty waiting for heatup) and a bit flimsy with that coffin lid design:

As I clearly stated in the post "the jury is still out" on this one. Not interested in being an early adapter but will be on my watch list.
You can find comments from FC member on their experience in the "Upcoming and Unreleased Portable Vaporizer" thread HERE.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Lot of love for the TinyMight here, I can't justify buying something new that charges with micro usb (my goal last year was to finally replace the last of my obsolete micro usb devices). Please bring out a USB C version.
I can't imagine caring about this. For me, I never charge in the vape. Just pop in a fresh battery and go. I think I only have one device still around that requires charging the battery in the device.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
That’s arguably a bad reason to dismiss the tinymight. As it uses 18650 batteries ideally you are charging them in an external charger anyway.

On topic, my last vape was my tetra p80. For my preferences I haven’t really felt any “need” to upgrade. I can take low temp flavor hits, temp step up, or set the temp as high as I want and crush bowls in water pieces. It also looks amazing which is not soooo important, but I guess I appreciate it.

My next vape will be a toad. I’ve never tried a manual vape so I’m excited for that experience and the aesthetics of Dan’s work. Beyond that I’m not actively looking, but I’m very curious about the iHeat, gtr, and some of the cheaper less bespoke options for something I can take to shows and not stress if I had to ditch it or something (xmax v3 pro or similar). Some of the heavy hitting devices intrigue me—idb’s work looks great!—but right now I don’t need quite that much power so nothing has pushed me over the edge into VAS territory yet! I guess in fairness I’m always curious about the TM too, just to compare it to the tetra, but it’s a tougher sell for me as it doesn’t seem like it would fill a need or meet a niche that the tetra can’t.

Zipford

I can't imagine caring about this. For me, I never charge in the vape. Just pop in a fresh battery and go. I think I only have one device still around that requires charging the battery in the device.
Same here. One of my few knocks on the TM is that it uses batteries quickly and it can be hard to know how much battery is left -- as such, it is the only vape that has run out of juice on me mid-vape. Spare batteries and an external charger solve that issue completely: pop in a fresh battery and keep going.

Incidentally, while people have said you cannot vape while charging the TM, that may no longer be true -- I think someone in the TM thread recently posted that they were able to use the device while it was charging internally.

That Airvape PRO looks interesting, but that style of vape tends to retain a strong smell when not in use, which would be an issue for my personal situation.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Incidentally, while people have said you cannot vape while charging the TM, that may no longer be true -- I think someone in the TM thread recently posted that they were able to use the device while it was charging internally.
I thought the issue was that it is not pass-through charging, it still is powered from the batteries if you use it while charging.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
As I clearly stated in the post "the jury is still out" on this one. Not interested in being an early adapter but will be on my watch list.
You can find comments from FC member on their experience in the "Upcoming and Unreleased Portable Vaporizer" thread HERE.
Yeah I wasn't accusing you of making specious claims; I just wanted to know who was saying what. Thanks for the link :tup:

Zipford

I thought the issue was that it is not pass-through charging, it still is powered from the batteries if you use it while charging.
Maybe I misunderstood the issue, but I thought you couldn't use the vape while it was charging.

I'm not sure what you mean that it isn't pass through charging -- that would imply (to me at least) you can't use the device while charging -- i.e. the battery won't power the device while it is being charged, the current being put into the battery won't pass through to power the device. Does it mean something else here?

Zipford,

Shit Snacks

Maybe I misunderstood the issue, but I thought you couldn't use the vape while it was charging.

I'm not sure what you mean that it isn't pass through charging -- that would imply (to me at least) you can't use the device while charging -- i.e. the battery won't power the device while it is being charged, the current being put into the battery won't pass through to power the device. Does it mean something else here?

He's referring to the difference between pass through and use while charging, true pass through lets you run directly on wall power without the battery completely bypassing it, pass through, most devices just offer useful charging, meaning that the battery needs to have some minimal base charge, and you are using it while it is charging up, which is pretty much always bad for battery longevity.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
He's referring to the difference between pass through and use while charging, true pass through lets you run directly on wall power without the battery completely bypassing it, pass through, most devices just offer useful charging, meaning that the battery needs to have some minimal base charge, and you are using it while it is charging up, which is pretty much always bad for battery longevity.
Yep, exactly. It's really rough on the cells to be charging and discharging at the same time.

Zipford

Aha, now I understand, I didn't realize the bypass aspect of it. Thanks!

fiixed

That’s arguably a bad reason to dismiss the tinymight. As it uses 18650 batteries ideally you are charging them in an external charger anyway.

On topic, my last vape was my tetra p80. For my preferences I haven’t really felt any “need” to upgrade. I can take low temp flavor hits, temp step up, or set the temp as high as I want and crush bowls in water pieces. It also looks amazing which is not soooo important, but I guess I appreciate it.

My next vape will be a toad. I’ve never tried a manual vape so I’m excited for that experience and the aesthetics of Dan’s work. Beyond that I’m not actively looking, but I’m very curious about the iHeat, gtr, and some of the cheaper less bespoke options for something I can take to shows and not stress if I had to ditch it or something (xmax v3 pro or similar). Some of the heavy hitting devices intrigue me—idb’s work looks great!—but right now I don’t need quite that much power so nothing has pushed me over the edge into VAS territory yet! I guess in fairness I’m always curious about the TM too, just to compare it to the tetra, but it’s a tougher sell for me as it doesn’t seem like it would fill a need or meet a niche that the tetra can’t.
Gotta be honest, I did not know it had replaceable batteries. I'll give it another look (but have bought the Anvil and the Vapman in the last week!), so may take a break from new vapes for a min lol

Shit Snacks

Gotta be honest, I did not know it had replaceable batteries. I'll give it another look (but have bought the Anvil and the Vapman in the last week!), so may take a break from new vapes for a min lol

That is too funny! Yes another one of the great features about it, it pretty much has everything I would ask for in a vape...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

camobanana

LAST: Mighty, not the plus. Not really impressed with it. Vapor production and flavor are mediocre. Heat retention kinda sucks, I find that I have to wait a bit before pulling again.

NEXT: Enano XL, just waiting on a sale. Looking forward to see how this compares to my other heavy hitters

Top Bottom