• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

KandyPens Oura

VerdamperLover

Looks great, and thanks for the detailed info! Ordered an Oura today!

I’m considering writing some open source firmware for it, but only if others are interested. Features I’m considering are:
  1. Feedback to alert the user when the insert is ready for inhale. Feedback could be in the form of blinks or vibration. Time would be calculated based on FLIR camera measurements and differential equation models.
  2. Alternate Temperature presets. This could get interesting. Considering having up to 4 “profiles” that would each have 4 presets. So 16 presets in total. Thinking of making profile change four clicks. Inclination is that each profile will be for a low/medium-low/medium-high/high preference, and 4 presets for each profile would be based on concentrate type.
  3. Open to other ideas here, as my Oura hasn’t arrived yet.

VerdamperLover

So here's the deal. Had to call twice because the first suggestion didn't work. So, first they had me soak the atomizer in alcohol all day. That didn't work. Still blinking red 3X when I try to start the heating cycle. So I called again today and he had me try to clean the gold pieces at the bottom of the atomizer and where it connects on the oura. That didn't work either. He said it sounds like a connection issue so they are sending me a new atomizer, no charge and priority shipping. And I must say they have incredible customer service. Both people I talked to were extremely friendly and helpful. Regardless of the issue with my oura, I'd still recommend buying their products. I'm very impressed.

I too had the blinking red light problem, but it was after a decent amount of use. KandyPens sent me a new atomizer the same day I called. Very impressed with their customer service.

VerdamperLover,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Kins

I just received mine and tried it out. Not liking it at all. It seems to be "buggy". It won't always stay on, takes a long time to charge. Might return the thing if I can not get it to work correctly. Got some of the dab inside the inlet it looked like and cleaned it all out. When it does heat up I get no flavor except the taste of new equipment I guess it is!. Don't really have any clue as to what is wrong with the thing.

I have the same problem with other new device the focus carta v2. I turn these vapes on from new and they smoke and smell of plastic. Hits taste of plastic and chemicals....
IMG-20200718-163656030.jpg

Kins

Ordered both from askweedipedia. It's too bad I didn't read the reviews of that place before ordering. I read a bunch of other reviews saying they also received broken products from weedipdia. Now I'm kinda at the mercy of manufacturers. Hopefully I can get both replaced, but it's been crickets since I emailed Kandypens and Focus V.

Kins,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Kinda makes you think if they are selling returns or something. Can't remember the last time I got a bum product, not to mention getting 2 of them and I buy a lot of products.

scy123,

Kins

Here's what a fresh clean and a brand new atomizer does on the Focus V carta v2

IMG-20200720-175333801.jpg

Mmmm. tastes a smells like plastic! That's with nothing in it.

Kins,

scy123

Looks like it is getting way too hot or the atomizer is shorted. Might be as simple a fix as replacing the atomizer.

Personally I would inspect the atomizer to see if theirs anything wrong with it.

Or just return it if you can.

scy123,

Kins

Looks like it is getting way too hot or the atomizer is shorted. Might be as simple a fix as replacing the atomizer.

Personally I would inspect the atomizer to see if theirs anything wrong with it.

Or just return it if you can.

I replaced two of them with no change. It makes the whole base stink also though. The extra atomizers weren't even purchased from the same retailer. Same thing goes for the Kandypens oura.

Kins,

scy123

Yea, that sounds definitely return worthy. I don't have much experience with trying to get returns, but do know credit cards offer a lot of consumer protections. If you have problems getting a return with askweedipedia, I would contact the credit card company and see what they can do.

Last edited:

Kins

Yeah the thing is both products have the same problem. Also it makes the whole thing taste and smell like plastic, so the base stinks also!.

Ordered both from askweedipedia. It's too bad I didn't read the reviews of that place before ordering. I read a bunch of other reviews saying they also received broken products from weedipdia. Now I'm kinda at the mercy of manufacturers. Hopefully I can get both replaced, but it's been crickets since I emailed Kandypens and Focus V.

Just remember guys and gals not to order from askweedipedia.com. Unfortunately I didn't read the reviews before ordering.

These two manufacturers are really slow when it comes to approving an RMA. Focus and Kandypens. I RMA'd a Crafty+ with Storzs & Bickel and it was a much smoother, faster process. I've returned probally hundreds of things from online retailers so I can judge their services pretty fairly when it comes to this. I think this RMA and warranty service for each company should be rated as it's something I consider when deciding on a purchase. One of the main reasons I purchased the KandyPens Oura was for the Lifetime warranty. It says a lot about a company when they are willing to replace it for life.

Still Crickets from both companies including Kandypens and there so called amazing customer service.....

Focus V approved my RMA and said a new one will be shipped out next week!. Awesome!.

Kandypens reviews. I've only heard that their customer service is amazing, and that's from youtube personalities and such that review their products and get sent FREE products. If you read reviews that aren't from "influencers" or youtube personalities.

Kandypens is now giving me the run around.

I love my Volcano Hybrid, this Kandypens oura is a pos. I'm so done dealing with these people. I tried out the Oura again and it makes the whole room I'm in smell of plastic. It's disgusting, I'm ready to just put it in the trash where it belongs.

Kandypens "Support" has got be one of the worst companies I've dealt with. I've got experience in returning a lot of electronics and things over the years. Some places are really good and have it set up so you just need a few clicks to set up a return and get a pre-paid shipping label. Kandypens is just the worst!

Modnote: 9 b2b posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

scy123

You should first try to deal with askweedipedia. Receiving a defective item right off the bat would fall under the "not as described" category which is covered under credit card consumer protections. Even if askweedipedia refuses to return/replace the item, the credit card company will either force them to or issue a chargeback.

Kins

You should first try to deal with askweedipedia. Receiving a defective item right off the bat would fall under the "not as described" category which is covered under credit card consumer protections. Even if askweedipedia refuses to return/replace the item, the credit card company will either force them to or issue a chargeback.

Yeah but when you do that the bank makes you contact the business first and then they'll make me ship the items back and who knows what will happen then. Kandypens is absolutely the worst. I'll never purchase another product from them. I'm still actively trying to get a replacement but still not holding my breath. Look at this companies reputation. Just search the internet. Some guys have had their credit cards stolen from employees at the company. Peel back the layers and look. Kandypens makes dollar store quality products and sells them for hundreds of dollars. It's all about profit and selling the most product as possible to the idiot consumers. They could care less about their customers. They are clearly in it for the money.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
KandyPens Oura was for the Lifetime warranty. It says a lot about a company when they are willing to replace it for life.
Like their Miva, it was US$199 with them to start with and it is only a rebadged Nokiva that I had already purchased from China 5 months before Kandipens released it for US$40 delivered.
Price gougers for sure!

LesPlenty,

Kins

Like their Miva, it was US$199 with them to start with and it is only a rebadged Nokiva that I had already purchased from China 5 months before Kandipens released it for US$40 delivered.
Price gougers for sure!

They are thieves too it seems. The people that give 5 star reviews to Kandypens are surely getting paid.

Kins,

LabPong

They are thieves too it seems. The people that give 5 star reviews to Kandypens are surely getting paid.

No....some of us have great working devices...me I have 2 Crystals and an Oura.....all work perfect and I have never had a single problem with CS when I needed for questions and such. Sorry you are having a bad experience from the odd reseller, cant help to think how much better off you would of been with purchasing direct like I did all 3 times.

But your prob is all because of the reseller selling you bunk product.....your only recourse if KP does not step in is your CC company. Hope you can get it resolved.

LabPong,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
No....some of us have great working devices...me I have 2 Crystals and an Oura.....all work perfect and I have never had a single problem with CS when I needed for questions and such. Sorry you are having a bad experience from the odd reseller, cant help to think how much better off you would of been with purchasing direct like I did all 3 times.

But your prob is all because of the reseller selling you bunk product.....your only recourse if KP does not step in is your CC company. Hope you can get it resolved.

Same as you, I’ll just add, to confirm that my Oura has worked fine and exhibited none of the “bad” issues described. I bought mine directly from KP.

RustyOldNail,

Kins

burnt oil that sticks to the sides of the quartz and ruin it

That happened to mine to, but on the lowest temp setting.

Yes people have had their credit card numbers stolen after checking out at Kandypens. Yes the reseller was a joke but so is Kandypens support and so called "Lifetime Warranty". I had chosen the Oura based on reviews I saw online and people loving it. I should have done more research before the purchase because a lot of reviews these days are paid reviews in exchange for free product. Look at the Kandypens website, they rely on "influencers" to sell their products. It's all about selling as many units as possible, and denying most warranty claims.

This is a extremely cheaply made product. There is no way it's worth the MSRP. It's made in China, with the cheapest parts available, then they sell it in the United States with an extreme mark up. It even feels cheap. The glass is extremely thin too.....

Kins,

LabPong

Yes people have had their credit card numbers stolen after checking out at Kandypens. Yes the reseller was a joke but so is Kandypens support and so called "Lifetime Warranty". I had chosen the Oura based on reviews I saw online and people loving it. I should have done more research before the purchase because a lot of reviews these days are paid reviews in exchange for free product. Look at the Kandypens website, they rely on "influencers" to sell their products. It's all about selling as many units as possible, and denying most warranty claims.

This is a extremely cheaply made product. There is no way it's worth the MSRP. It's made in China, with the cheapest parts available, then they sell it in the United States with an extreme mark up. It even feels cheap. The glass is extremely thin too.....

Not many products are actually worth the retail prices......and why you should always wait to get a discount...but that said.....also almost everything is made in China when it comes to bigger businesses that are not niche vape makers. But that means nothing....as products from C can be good or bad pending on what it is and who is selling it obviously. If you think the Orua is cheaply built....stay well away from the Carta, and all the others..lol

I am wondering if the manufacture recognizes the reseller as an "authorized seller" ? Maybe that is the issue with KP dealing with you directly?

That happened to mine to, but on the lowest temp setting.

Might be because you needed to hit it faster and it scorched out from being heated too long. I found that if I do not let the power just stay on for a min each cycle......it works better if I cut it off in half that time....and lessor on the higher heats. This way you let it cool off a bit so it will not be constantly cooking over the allowable duration/heat cycle.

Could easily be what your putting in it too...some stuff I do not use in it...while other high end solvent-less live resin is no problem in this regard. But if I put in pressed flower or cheaper trates....it is not fun to clean and can scorch easier.

Last edited:

scy123

So much hate when you can simply deal with the credit card company and use the consumer protections provided to you, but refuse to. Stolen credit card numbers don’t even affect you, credit cards have a zero liability policy, if they can’t prove it was you who used the credit card to make the purchase they have to remove the charge.

Can’t imagine why Kandypens would give you problems on a product it cost them like $10 to make. Probably another side to your story you don’t mention.

kinda make me wonder if you are a paid deinfluencer.

Last edited:
scy123,
Reactions: LabPong

LabPong

So much hate when you can simply deal with the credit card company and use the consumer protections provided to you, but refuse to. Stolen credit card numbers don’t even affect you, credit cards have a zero liability policy, if they can’t prove it was you who used the credit card to make the purchase they have to remove the charge.

Can’t imagine why Kandypens would give you problems on a product it cost them like $10 to make. Probably another side to your story you don’t mention.

Maybe he works for Pufco?

LabPong,

Kins

I'm not holding anything back and their is no other side to my story. I replied to you already about why I didn't refuse the charge.

Kins,

scy123

Yeah but when you do that the bank makes you contact the business first and then they'll make me ship the items back and who knows what will happen then.

Yea, cause sending stuff back is not already something that happens in a RMA process. If I was dealing with an extra shady company I'd film myself packing it up and slapping the shipping label on it, add on tracking and insurance, you are good to go.

scy123,

RustyOldNail

I'm not holding anything back and their is no other side to my story. I replied to you already about why I didn't refuse the charge.

When members FIRST hear these kinds of stories, there is usually sympathy, but since no one here can directly help you, the constant posts on the same issue, aren’t going to make you many allies. You made your case, why not update us when you have a final resolution?

RustyOldNail,

Kins

Not many products are actually worth the retail prices......and why you should always wait to get a discount...but that said.....also almost everything is made in China when it comes to bigger businesses that are not niche vape makers. But that means nothing....as products from C can be good or bad pending on what it is and who is selling it obviously. If you think the Orua is cheaply built....stay well away from the Carta, and all the others..lol

I am wondering if the manufacture recognizes the reseller as an "authorized seller" ? Maybe that is the issue with KP dealing with you directly?

Might be because you needed to hit it faster and it scorched out from being heated too long. I found that if I do not let the power just stay on for a min each cycle......it works better if I cut it off in half that time....and lessor on the higher heats. This way you let it cool off a bit so it will not be constantly cooking over the allowable duration/heat cycle.

Could easily be what your putting in it too...some stuff I do not use in it...while other high end solvent-less live resin is no problem in this regard. But if I put in pressed flower or cheaper trates....it is not fun to clean and can scorch easier.

Sure some products from China are good quality, but most are just cheap garbage. I love my two Storz & Bickel products and have already dealt with their customer service which was great. Their products aren't made in China and they are trustworthy. I'm just trying to explain my experience here with Kandypens and they've been terrible. It's important for people who are willing to listen and it might save them some time, trouble and money in the long run. I wish I had read more online and research this company more before purchasing their cheaply made garbage product.

When members FIRST hear these kinds of stories, there is usually sympathy, but since no one here can directly help you, the constant posts on the same issue, aren’t going to make you many allies. You made your case, why not update us when you have a final resolution?

I was just sharing my story and keeping people updated on everything. I thought that maybe someone else considering Kandypens might see what happened with me and decide not to deal with Kandypens at all, which is what I should have done.

Kins,

RustyOldNail

I was just sharing my story and keeping people updated on everything. I thought that maybe someone else considering Kandypens might see what happened with me and decide not to deal with Kandypens at all, which is what I should have done.

AGAIN, you made your case. It’s now TEDIOUS to see there are new posts in this thread, only to find you repeating yourself. Your own personal experience does NOT reflect everyone’s, based on my experience with the product, I would recommend it.

RustyOldNail,
Top Bottom