Just started vaping And NOT A HAPPY CAMPER

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwien

Soaper said:
I can relate to george's initial lack of happiness with vaping!! And while I agree that having a good vaporizer is a must to the successful conversion, it's not the only factor. IMO there is no denial that the highs are different.

I had been a consistent smoker for more than 25 years when in 2006 I decided to try vaping. I purchased a Vapezilla on the High Times recommendation. It was/is a really good vape that produces thick, tasty vapor, but even so, something was "missing" from the vape high. I just didn't feel as "high" or seem to enjoy it as much. It was like a rainbow with a couple of the colors gone...still pretty, but not as full or bright. Because of that, my first try at converting to vaping was not successful. I gave it about 10 days or so then gave up on it. I just couldn't get over the lack of feeling stoned in the same way that happened when I smoked. At the time, I wasn't willing to trade off the subtle shade differences in highs for the health benefits.

That was before the chest cold that didn't get better - for MONTHS! Never having had those types of challenges in respiratory health before, it was a real eye-opener. So out came the vape again. To be honest, it wasn't all smooth sailing this time either, but it was much better. The tips/tricks/ recommendations I learned from this site and others made me a better vaper (thanks everyone) and more aware of the many different aspects of what I was experiencing (or could experience if I paid attention).

A big factor for me was also motivation. This time I was more motivated to succeed because of my health concerns. I was more willing to compromise. When I say compromise I don't mean that I had to give something up - I mean I had to exchange things. And for me it has been a more than fair exchange, but there was an exchange nonetheless. Sometimes I still crave that thing that is "missing" from vaped herb for me. But just like when I quit smoking tobacco, the cravings lessened with time, and when they come now, they are not strong and they pass quickly. When I vape, the craving is satisfied. I only feel it when I'm straight and want to get high. But wanting to be smoke-free - I have opened up to new experiences with vaping and in recognizing and appreciating tastes I've not noticed before, shades of high not present in combusted weed, and generally the knowledge that I am still getting "high" but feeling healthier doing it.

I now have 3 differnt vapes, and as a result of this forum, I just ordered the PD to add to the experience. I don't know anything about the vape you have, so I can't comment on whether that would be a factor, but I can tell you that the reason I have 3 vapes (with one on the way) is that the equipment has made a diffrence to me. Each of my vapes gives me a difference experience, so maybe trying again with a new vape will make all the difference to you. Then again, maybe not.

I think marcuss has a point and maybe vaping isn't for everybody, and it may not be for you. I didn't think it was for me, but I'm so glad I tried again and kept with it long enough to work through my issues. And I love checking off the boxes on the calendar for the days I have been "smoke free". I definately feel a difference it in my chest and throat.

So if you can, try to stick with it, at least for a while. I really believe that if you can stick to it for 60 days, in 90 days you'll wonder how you ever smoked for so long.

Good luck.
I TOTALLY agree with VC. Very well written with some very good advice.

/salute

lwien,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I had a similar experience but it only took me about 21 days of being smoke free to come to the conclusion that I didn't like smoke anymore. It is definitely a transition but once you do, you'll never go back....for me anyways, its been probably 10+ years since I've smoked more than 2-3 times a year and those are only at weddings.

stonemonkey55,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I just don't experience vaporizing as being a marginal experience compared with smoking - yes, sometime it's fun to get totaled by a joint and far be it from me to refuse a sour diesel blunt passed around, but the head from vaporizing can be just so sublime and dare I say revelatory.... 95 percent of my intake is with the vaporizer by choice, primarily for the head.

jeffp,

marcuss

above the clouds
thanks for sharing your vapor experience Soaper....vapor is an upgrade in our life but we must be ready to understand and enjoy this experience with the "right" vape....surely it can take time :cool

if you like it just a bit now at the end i'm sure you will see the light itsgeorge!!

p.s. this is the right place to become a real skilled vaporist :cool:

marcuss,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom