Just started vaping And NOT A HAPPY CAMPER

Status
Not open for further replies.

gak hater

marcuss said:
vapor is the real deal for all the ganja conossieurs BUT for its heady and motivational high it is not enough for a used to smoke for 38 years....someone simply likes the fullfilling and blasting effect of a fat spliff(thc,cbd,cbn,benzene,CO2 & c)....if you ever smoked a good blunt you know what i mean.....
i've been a hard core smoker for over 35 years
and i get so ripped off of one vrip bowl
i can hardly finish it...
his vape must be a pos

gak hater,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Yeah in the simplest terms I think you've nailed it
Although the Hotbox doesn't have overall shitty reviews - maybe nothing to write home about but OK as a vape.
Maybe the piece the OP got is a POS though - maybe he should send it back for a refund/replacement.

Meanwhile I took three hits of my PD last night and was out like a light...

jeffp,

Durden

I am Jack's title
The HotBox gets decent reviews as a vaporizer just like I have friends who swear by their basic pipes or little 6 inch decorative ceramic bongs. I don't seem to be alone in having a negative experience with the HotBox, and I could easily equate it with how I don't get a satisfactory high from a small J or a pipe. Like someone else said already; it will vape, it might just not get you vaked.
Since the HotBox didn't work for the OP, I would highly suggest moving to another vape instead of trying more of the same.

Durden,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Where are the good reviews for this unit I keep hearing about? I don't think we have any reviews on this site, but we sure could use some.

stickstones,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
stickstones said:
Where are the good reviews for this unit I keep hearing about? I don't think we have any reviews on this site, but we sure could use some.
Well the sales guy at my local head shop told me it was "good" but it was the only vape he stocked.
Then after one minute of conversation he admitted that I know more about vaporizing than he does.
Hippies, you know...I trust them as far as I can throw them.

Seriously, and conversely, I've never read a bad review about the Vapor Warez and because they're not fancy they can be scored cheap on Ebay. To the OP, start with one of these
cheap, used, Ebay or Craigslist or the Pennysaver and you'll experience vaporizing.

jeffp,

max

Out to lunch
The only negative I've heard about the Hot Box is that it has no temp control and the exterior also gets hot. There should be no issues wtih getting good vapor from it otherwise, and I've not heard of any. The model has its share of fans. It's supposed to operate at about 375 F. If you can get vapor from models like the iolite and PD, you should get good results from a Hot Box. If you can't, and the unit does reach its designated temp range, the only thing that makes sense is that too much cold air is being drawn in.

max,

itsgeorge

stickstones said:
I only wish i had found this site before I got the Hot Box. I went on a a bunch of sites that sell them last night and I was reading their staff review on the Hot Box and I kid you not It said if you were not getting a good vapor to turn the temperature nob up a bit higher. WTF it don"t have adjustment nob. They must cut and paste this stuff from someplace. My wife said she gets a buzz off it but she is a lightweight 2 -3 hits on a J and she has had enough. So I will take the loss and she can use it. I really would not put it on the net for sale because I would not feel right selling a POS Vape to someone ( Bad Karma). I have my short list down to Da Buddha, Vapor Warez , vapor brothers, or a PD. I would say PD for sure but reading how hard it is to get a PD I just can't decide. Is the PD that much better than Da Buddha. If so I'll stick to combustion and get in the long line of people trying to get a PD.

itsgeorge,

Beezleb

Ive had two people select a hot box, med users. Biggest complaint ive heard is the outside of the box can get uncomfortably hot.

As far as I know the two people who went with the hot box are happy with it.

Beezleb,

NoSmoke

I consider myself a good whip vape user (semi-expert) and I can not get a nice hit off the Hotbox like I can with my SSV, you just cannot the vapor to air ratio does not allow it, and I would NEVER reccomend that vape to someone, its oldschool and it stinks. The Iolite and PD are completly different and that allows them to be at a set temp, with that said I would still perfer the Iolite to have a high-low setting. The PD and DBV arre completly different and neither is better then the other, but I think I can go out on a limb and say the DBV has the potential to get you higher with the bigger hits, but that's highly debatable. I'm sure whichever of the two will be a huge upgrade from the crapbox

NoSmoke,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Can you get a replacement hotbox from the seller and then from there make a determination?
The PD is a different animal from the rest of them - it's impossible not to love it. So much intelligence went into it's design - definitely worth the 3 month wait.
It's a shame to feel you wasted money but most of us have been there.
I paid 250 for my Silver Surfer and while it's a very good vaporizer I hardly use it. I liked it alot when I got it - it was my first "real vaporizer" and then a few months later I stumbled
onto this site and the PD was just being introduced and I was sort of intrigued and decided to take a chance on it. Really, from there, from that point it became my daily vaporizer.
I think I might have been one of the first to write a review about the PD on this site as it happens..
So I think it's good if you can, to have a small arsenal of vaporizers - most of us do - for different occasions.

Regarding the other vapes on your list, if you want to go cheap, look at the Vapor Warez 3G (also known as the Vapor Cannon 3G - i think) because it's been updated by the 4G and there's
probably no appreciable difference - just an enhancement. Like I said, I scored a used one for $49 on Ebay, just to check out. The Da Buddha might be a cut above the other two - it's the
budget Silver Surfer and it has a lot of great reviews.

This guy on the forum, Spiral Architect, loves his Vapor Warez and he can tell you more about it, and he frequents the chat room on this page....

jeffp,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I have my short list down to Da Buddha, Vapor Warez , vapor brothers, or a PD.
The PD or Da Buddha are both good options from my experience. The Da Buddha has less of a learning curve and in my opinion it's a little easier to use through water tools on a consistent basis. If you have a high tolerance and/or own some glass already I would suggest Da Buddha because the bowl size and heat adjustment can help to mimic the smoke experience.
On the other hand the PD is great, it reminds me of rolling several j's just for your head, a lot of fresh green but without all the waste. In the end it's your preference but I think either of these will serve you well :cool:

Durden,

Beezleb

My advice is to look at the aspects of the DBV and the aspects of the PD and then decide what best meets your needs.

Knowing what aspects of the hotbox you did not like might help in the decision. If the vapor was not thick enough for you with the hotbox then the DBV is the clear choice in my opinion. Especially if you want to adjust the temperature.

If you want max efficiency and only use a small amount of weed than the pd is the clear choice. While the DBV will still vape equally the same amount of weed as the pd the pd rates higher in performance as its oriented to vape small amounts where the DBV is designed for a larger vaping area. So a pd bowl will be thicker vaper compared to the DBV all things equal due to DBV having a higher air to vapor ratio at that size. Since these two vaporizers are so different I recommend reading up on each model and selecting which one best suits your needs.

Best of luck to you.

Beezleb,

Hotboxvapebongin

Hey I know im very late in the thread, but I own a hot box and love it. It was my first real vape and yes it does take some learning and tweaking. It vapes the herb without burning and give you nice fat clouds. Turn it on and leave it for 15 mins so that its fully ready. If you pack the right amount of herb you shouldn't have any problems.

Hotboxvapebongin,

marcuss

above the clouds
gak hater said:
marcuss said:
vapor is the real deal for all the ganja conossieurs BUT for its heady and motivational high it is not enough for a used to smoke for 38 years....someone simply likes the fullfilling and blasting effect of a fat spliff(thc,cbd,cbn,benzene,CO2 & c)....if you ever smoked a good blunt you know what i mean.....
i've been a hard core smoker for over 35 years
and i get so ripped off of one vrip bowl
i can hardly finish it...
his vape must be a pos
It is a pos for you and me but for someone else it is a good vape (see hotboxvaping post and he got the vrip to compare it soo..) so i agree with you maybe a different vape will work better for him and i hope so....my experience is that for some old time smokers vapor is good and tasty but not enough to reach the full satisfation of a joint!
I'm the only one person converted to vapor in big group of cronic smokers friends and i know their arguments :rolleyes:

Good luck itsgeorge!

marcuss,

itsgeorge

:|
Hotboxvapebongin said:
Hey I know im very late in the thread, but I own a hot box and love it. It was my first real vape and yes it does take some learning and tweaking. It vapes the herb without burning and give you nice fat clouds. Turn it on and leave it for 15 mins so that its fully ready. If you pack the right amount of herb you shouldn't have any problems.
HELP!! You can never be too late in the thread. I need to know some learning and tweaking. What do I need to learn and tell me about the "Tweaking" part. I had the chance to try a vapor bros. And using my herb we got great vape and I got BLASTED. The next day we did the same only with the hot box and got a little vape going but only a slight buzz. The guy with the Vap bros was there and had brought it along, we fired it up and got blasted again! So if you would be so kind your help and tips I really need. It seems you have broken the code on using the Hot Box.

itsgeorge,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I feel that it should be intuitive and considering that some people like the hotbox and you don't and you like the vapor brothers, you should just simplify matters and sell the hotbox and get either a vapor bros, a vapor cannon or a da buddha. Best of all, now you know what a vape head feels like - it's just as profound as smoking but a different direction.

What did your friend think of the hotbox?

jeffp,

NoSmoke

He prolly thought it was garbage! :D god I'm an asshole, sorry just busting your balls!!!

NoSmoke,

itsgeorge

jeffp said:
I feel that it should be intuitive and considering that some people like the hotbox and you don't and you like the vapor brothers, you should just simplify matters and sell the hotbox and get either a vapor bros, a vapor cannon or a da buddha. Best of all, now you know what a vape head feels like - it's just as profound as smoking but a different direction.

What did your friend think of the hotbox?
Thats funny you should ask. BIG POS!!!

itsgeorge,

Hotboxvapebongin

Well when I said tweaking I just meant adjust your air flow. Find out which pace draws the best vapor that suits you.. Really make sure that the herb is very finely chopped as well. If you pack lets say .2-.4 of a gram you should get some nice vapor clouds. Don't give up on such a nice vaporizer (IMO).

Hotboxvapebongin,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
itsgeorge if I can add my 2c, get yourself a VHW with a nice glass bong and you will have the closest experience to smoking but with vapor. I agree with marcuss and have many friends that can't get where they want to be with vapor from my Extreme or PD. If you got blasted from a Vapor Brothers, I think you will really enjoy the vapor bong rips from a VHW.

DeepFried,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
That's a Vriptech heat wand. I've never tried it but it looks awesome.
Again, nothing wrong with having a small collection of choice vaporizers and it's fun to build a collection.
If you liked the vapor bros, keep your eye on this auction - it's just the base unit but i think your existing hotbox wand should fit: (if i'm wrong someone please clarify)
http://cgi.ebay.com/VaporBrothers-V...in_0?hash=item5ad28aee36&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
you can probably score it for $70 or less.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
George, here's an update. I've been using the Vapor Warez for the past two nights which is very similar to the Vapor Brothers - pretty much the same thing.
I like it, it's fine, it's a good simple vaporizer with quality components and I got baked. It's a fine vaporizer.
However in my opinion it doesn't hold a candle to the Purple Days - it's just not in its league. I'll most likely end up giving it away to my nephew and he'll love it.
Either or is fine - both do the job - but I do think you'll be very blown away and plenty stony using the PD.
Not to mention a lifetime of customer support right here from the inventor.

Many years ago my car was broken into and my cassette deck (a big deal back then) was stolen. It was a drag replacing the window and removing all the glass pieces from the car, but then I treated myself to an even better cassette deck for the car and I enjoyed it so much it didn't really bother me that much that the first one was stolen.
So the point is, when you get a vape that you love, whatever you choose, you'll probably spend very little time bemoaning the purchase of the Hotbox.

jeffp,

Soaper

I can relate to george's initial lack of happiness with vaping!! And while I agree that having a good vaporizer is a must to the successful conversion, it's not the only factor. IMO there is no denial that the highs are different.

I had been a consistent smoker for more than 25 years when in 2006 I decided to try vaping. I purchased a Vapezilla on the High Times recommendation. It was/is a really good vape that produces thick, tasty vapor, but even so, something was "missing" from the vape high. I just didn't feel as "high" or seem to enjoy it as much. It was like a rainbow with a couple of the colors gone...still pretty, but not as full or bright. Because of that, my first try at converting to vaping was not successful. I gave it about 10 days or so then gave up on it. I just couldn't get over the lack of feeling stoned in the same way that happened when I smoked. At the time, I wasn't willing to trade off the subtle shade differences in highs for the health benefits.

That was before the chest cold that didn't get better - for MONTHS! Never having had those types of challenges in respiratory health before, it was a real eye-opener. So out came the vape again. To be honest, it wasn't all smooth sailing this time either, but it was much better. The tips/tricks/ recommendations I learned from this site and others made me a better vaper (thanks everyone) and more aware of the many different aspects of what I was experiencing (or could experience if I paid attention).

A big factor for me was also motivation. This time I was more motivated to succeed because of my health concerns. I was more willing to compromise. When I say compromise I don't mean that I had to give something up - I mean I had to exchange things. And for me it has been a more than fair exchange, but there was an exchange nonetheless. Sometimes I still crave that thing that is "missing" from vaped herb for me. But just like when I quit smoking tobacco, the cravings lessened with time, and when they come now, they are not strong and they pass quickly. When I vape, the craving is satisfied. I only feel it when I'm straight and want to get high. But wanting to be smoke-free - I have opened up to new experiences with vaping and in recognizing and appreciating tastes I've not noticed before, shades of high not present in combusted weed, and generally the knowledge that I am still getting "high" but feeling healthier doing it.

I now have 3 differnt vapes, and as a result of this forum, I just ordered the PD to add to the experience. I don't know anything about the vape you have, so I can't comment on whether that would be a factor, but I can tell you that the reason I have 3 vapes (with one on the way) is that the equipment has made a diffrence to me. Each of my vapes gives me a difference experience, so maybe trying again with a new vape will make all the difference to you. Then again, maybe not.

I think marcuss has a point and maybe vaping isn't for everybody, and it may not be for you. I didn't think it was for me, but I'm so glad I tried again and kept with it long enough to work through my issues. And I love checking off the boxes on the calendar for the days I have been "smoke free". I definately feel a difference it in my chest and throat.

So if you can, try to stick with it, at least for a while. I really believe that if you can stick to it for 60 days, in 90 days you'll wonder how you ever smoked for so long.

Good luck.

Soaper,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom