JCVAP "Pockety"

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Alright so here's how it went.
Turned pockety on 545 walked around house gather supplies gloves,iso,plate,qtips.
Twist off atty pull rubber sleeve off twist off top separate pieces. Iso everything clean up put back together. Do a burn off. Probably took 30min.
Here's some pics of when I first opened 415 puff count had the glass off once. Most the reclaim was in air chamber of water piece.

felvapes

Alright so here's how it went.
Turned pockety on 545 walked around house gather supplies gloves,iso,plate,qtips.
Twist off atty pull rubber sleeve off twist off top separate pieces. Iso everything clean up put back together. Do a burn off. Probably took 30min.
Here's some pics of when I first opened 415 puff count had the glass off once. Most the reclaim was in air chamber of water piece.

That's how mine cleans up too
And has come apart
Not sure why some people are glueing theirs together
Cheers for the pics mate
Hopefully helps some others

OyVape

The heater and glued-in SiC insert are still glued together after soaking in alcohol for 2 days. Ima have to break the heater to get the insert out

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
The heater and glued-in SiC insert are still glued together after soaking in alcohol for 2 days. Ima have to break the heater to get the insert out
Pull those gold colored pins with tweezers or hemos that will let the heater out torch lightly with small torch. Try straighten everything out and reassemble. They also sell bottom half for 40 something.
Unless everything is mangled you should be able to rebuild.

OyVape

Thank you @Melting Pot
I followed your instructions and finally got the insert out of the heater.
It was totally solid reclaim inside. No wonder it wouldn’t release!

The floor polished up nice inside but the walls and exterior are all stained. Back to the alcohol.

Last edited:

OyVape

Do you mean completely disassemble everything to soak once a week? that a chore!

I don’t put that much through it but it does get used daily. Low temps almost always under 500. I don’t think I pull that hard but sometimes I attach a whip or recycler to it and those things might take a harder draw. I do tend to reheat a lot.

Last edited:

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Do you mean completely disassemble everything to soak once a week? that a chore!

I don’t put that much through it but it does get used daily. Low temps almost always under 500. I don’t think I pull that hard but sometimes I attach a whip or recycler to it and those things might take a harder draw. I do tend to reheat a lot.
No once a week I'd unscrew atty and clean pockety with iso and qtips. Every 200 dabs do a thorough cleaning. JMO
I waited till 400 and it wasn't horrible.

felvapes

Thank you @Melting Pot
I followed your instructions and finally got the insert out of the heater.
It was totally solid reclaim inside. No wonder it wouldn’t release!

The floor polished up nice inside but the walls and exterior are all stained. Back to the alcohol.
The stains are nothing to be too concerned about
Just physical reclaim needs to be regularly cleaned

I wouldn't be pulling the heater apart once working to avoid connection issues
Just soak and clean th bottom half each week and wipe in between the insert and heater

Imo it is pretty damn close to an all glass airpath and is stupid easy to clean and maintain - especially compared to anything else on the same category
I don't know of other trate rigs that stay so clean or could put up with the abuse I see pockety owners putting them through

EDIT
Okay so I had a yarn with John
He had a bit of a headache fixing up the website again
He had a second round of attacks (none get through as he upgraded security since the last one)
But must be some jelly competitors out there

Anyway
Here's the upgraded info on sales

Chrissy sale until JAN5 for 20% off storewide

The code PKTY15 can be stacked on pockety gear for an extra 10% off equalling 30% off total

After JAN 5 the code PKTY15 will return to 15% off

New bubblers on site now, should be live soon

Last edited:

OyVape

Yes I’ve had a heck of a time trying to log into jcvap.com. I actually had to create a second email but that didn’t work either. Their system never sent verification emails. When I tried to put in a password the cursor got all weird jumping around to different letters. My husband the IT guy said it sounds like a hack.

John was really trying to help on the website online chat but he got offline before it was resolved. Contacted him on IG but he must be busy dealing with web attacks. Hope he has a cybersecurity expert.

Anyway I thought the discount was 25% off site wide plus 15% off with PKTY15, meaning 40% off total?

what is the code for the Chrissy coupon?

Last edited:

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Yes I’ve had a heck of a time trying to log into jcvap.com. I actually had to create a second email but that didn’t work either. When I tried to put in a password the cursor got all weird jumping around to different letters. My husband the IT guy said it sounds like a hack.

John was really trying to help on the website online chat but he got offline before it was resolved. Contacted him on IG but he must be busy dealing with web attacks.

Anyway I thought the discount was 25% off site wide plus 15% off with PKTY15, meaning 40% off total?

what is the code for the Chrissy coupon?
I was trying last night and could only get 25% which automatically applies. It wouldn't take pkty15.
@felvapes posted it. This morning it was 20% Christmas and 10% for pkty15 for a max of 30%
Hope this helps

felvapes

Yes I have mentioned about the log in issue to John
A couple people said this
It will be because of the site reset for security
I mentioned it to John today, it's Saturday this side of the world so it may take him a little longer to reply to me

The Christmas sale code for 20% is added automatically on checkout
You have to ad the PKTY15 code yourself in checkout for an extra 10% off

OyVape

Well, This is embarrassinug, but I seem to have lost the bottom chamber. It was sitting on my dab table and then…it wasn’t. Tearing up everything looking everywhere. So now I HAVE to replace it. The heater did not survive. I actually want to get a whole new unit with ALN. Hubby offered as an xmas present.

But I am very uneasy about logging into the website account. I may just purchase as a guest cause I am tired of resetting passwords that don’t work. On my computer, that field acts like it’s being captured by a keylogger. It’s not worth a $20 discount to me. In fact, I might just purchase using a gift card. I’ve had my personal card hacked too many times. Not from jcvap but still…

I think I’m gonna give jcvap.com a few days to get secured and settled down before trying again. Wish he had distribution on this side of the world but that would definitely drive up prices.

Please understand I do not want to damage John’s business or reputation! I trust him, just not sure about the website.

Last edited:

felvapes

Well, This is embarrassinug, but I seem to have lost the bottom chamber. It was sitting on my dab table and then…it wasn’t. Tearing up everything looking everywhere. So now I HAVE to replace it. The heater did not survive. I actually want to get a whole new unit with ALN. Hubby offered as an xmas present.

But I am very uneasy about logging into the website account. I may just purchase as a guest cause I am tired of resetting passwords that don’t work. On my computer, that field acts like it’s being captured by a keylogger. It’s not worth a $20 discount to me. In fact, I might just purchase using a gift card. I’ve had my personal card hacked too many times. Not from jcvap but still…

I think I’m gonna give jcvap.com a few days to get secured and settled down before trying again. Wish he had distribution on this side of the world but that would definitely drive up prices.

Please understand I do not want to damage John’s business or reputation! I trust him, just not sure about the website.
If buying a whole pockety 30% off is more than $20 - it's closer to half off the original price before it reduced
If you are just buying a chamber I understand
ALN is great, have to say my ruby has been the winner though in the long run

It's not a key logger, the attacks have been robots making multiple accounts trying to crash his site
Not people hacking for information

He has his system checking and confirming new accounts made are from legit humans
He hasn't responded yet as it is the weekend, but the accounts needing to be re made is probably because he had to reset his site to prevent the robot attacks and put in place a confirmation system to prove your humaness

Go the hubby and a Christmas prezzie
Now you'll have two base units to have as a back up
Keep the cleaning maintenance up on the new one and it should last you for ages

LesPlenty

Company Rep
ALN is great, have to say my ruby has been the winner though in the long run
I only have about 50 puffs on the ruby and will say at this point I must agree, the ruby is just a bit more 'neutral' than the AIN/ALN when it comes to the Pockety. I know the AIN can be torched clean and that is great but I doubt this ruby will ever need anything drastic to clean it and if you manage to stain it somehow Simple Green will fix it.
So glad this device is available as I was sick of pouring money down the Puffco hole while not even registering with the company as they seem to dislike Australian users for some reason.

felvapes

I only have about 50 puffs on the ruby and will say at this point I must agree, the ruby is just a bit more 'neutral' than the AIN/ALN when it comes to the Pockety. I know the AIN can be torched clean and that is great but I doubt this ruby will ever need anything drastic to clean it and if you manage to stain it somehow Simple Green will fix it.
So glad this device is available as I was sick of pouring money down the Puffco hole while not even registering with the company as they seem to dislike Australian users for some reason.
I stained the ruby once with feco using the wrong rig by accident (my beta unit is dedicated to such now on the sic)
Iso and the SS brush provided cleaned it up no worries
No scratches or stains left, polished up clean with qtips
I've never scorched it up with rosin though same as you mention
The taste and cloud density is just moreish for me with the Ruby

Last edited:

felvapes

John said people should be able to log in now
If they can't it was because they reset the site and you may need to make your account again
Or you may need to just confirm it is you via your email - this is to prevent the bots making accounts

The system is up and running again anyway

And Christmas sale automatically applied on checkout for 20% till Jan 5

PKTY15 can be added at checkout for an extra 10% off Pockety gear

Last edited:

OyVape

@felvapes
What an incredible amount of time and effort you put into these videos!

They have really cleared up some questions I’ve had about it how the chamber is put together and correctly taken apart for cleaning.
I certainly understand a lot more about taking care of this little Pockety critter.

It makes a difference being able to see what you have been explaining.

We are fortunate to have someone like @felvapes on FC. He contributes so much helpful information in a number of threads.

felvapes

Thank you for the kind words @OyVape

I usually don't like whips and use my Pockety dry with an MP as in the video
I decided to give the whip a go and use my bubbler
I am very impressed
Can get the normal dab experience and be done in one or two draws while keeping the temps low - it's more like using a slurper
Tastes great and hits because you get it all in one go
A nice thick smooth cloud and the dab is done in less than 60 seconds
I'm surprised and happy with the find, really enjoying the versatility of the wpa/whip adaptor - good for nice big hits at home or dry with an MP for on the go
The pockety has the power to handle it well too
The Christmas sale ends today on this side of the world but the code PKTY15 should still work after at checkout
The straight fab is available now too, although I'm loving the whip adaptor atm

Quest

IMG_4891.jpg

Straight fab bubbler arrived today

ondemander

I might have to grab one of those. I was moving things on my desk and tipped mine over and it smacked one of my grinders. Unfortunately the internal part broke inside the stock bubbler.

Top Bottom