JCVAP "Pockety"

Asteroweed

Hi!
I received my Pockety (ALN) last week.
As said earlier, I have not so much experience with concentrates: the best thing I did get was some CBD concentrates from Extract Labs, using the Divine Tribe V4
The Pockety is definitely a great update. I want to know more about concentrates now :)

I support @SonicBacon on his request for a stealth mode:
for me, part of the interest of having the pockety is to have an all in one setup ready quickly, on the go AND stealthy. That's why I still wanted to try the device (at half price), even with the plastic, ugly look, non removable batteries, and even an non updatable (?) software. Plus, if I understood well, no different option for the glass piece (for the moment)

That being said, I like it, thanks for the recommandation

PS: for the first battery loading, I let it connected to my laptop USB port overnight. It seemed very slow to charge

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Shows as out of stock, more of a straight fab splash guard than a recycler at all but that is good, and I like the bent neck, looks pretty good at $50, better when on sale though!
1669904320464-png.42542

Yea that's what I was thinking.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
PS: for the first battery loading, I let it connected to my laptop USB port overnight. It seemed very slow to charge

Things like this often charge much slower plugged into a laptop, you should plug into AC adapter for wall power, especially if you want to charge more quickly, maybe even fast charge is possible too, I don't know

btka

I bought a pockety… had Problems with payment… when I checked my e-mail I had a mail from Credit Card payment Gateway Service Provider that my Order was confirmed… but I did Not got a e-mail about my Order from jcvap… is this normal? Did you got a e-Mail from jcvap After you ordered?

androponic

vaped.
I bought a pockety… had Problems with payment… when I checked my e-mail I had a mail from Credit Card payment Gateway Service Provider that my Order was confirmed… but I did Not got a e-mail about my Order from jcvap… is this normal? Did you got a e-Mail from jcvap After you ordered?
thats what happens when it is denied. your order with jcvap is unpaid, go to the my account page on jcvaps site and you will see the order is placed but not paid. i did this a few times and also tried having my bank allow the charge but still did this failure. if you see the order status as paid then i would think yours went through.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
Things like this often charge much slower plugged into a laptop, you should plug into AC adapter for wall power, especially if you want to charge more quickly, maybe even fast charge is possible too, I don't know
Mine was super-slow to charge through my laptop even with both ends USB-C. It charged MUCH faster using USB-C to a standard USB wall-charger.

CaptBongRipper,
Reactions: LesPlenty

felvapes

A dark piece of silicone cut to fit the base of the white silicone where the bubbler goes and placed under the bubbler - will create a DIY stealth mode

The tiniest bit of light can be seen at the base of the glass
Otherwise pretty stealth mode

PKTY15 still works for 15% off
There are two new bubblers he's working on and the neck is now bent back more so you don't have to bend yours

The batteries are easily swapped when your old ones die
Under the non slip rubber on the bottom there are two screws
Take them out and lift the cover off (two halves apart)
There will be four screws holding the LCD and circuit board down
Take those out and you have access to the batteries
Swap and put back together

It's a completely isolated airpath and glass tube
The white silicone part is form fit and no glues have been used

Pics elsewhere around the web's

Happy dabbing

OyVape

I received my ruby insert today, but I can’t figure out how to get the SIC one out.

How Do you remove the rubber around the bowl and the whole atomizer? Where does the chamber unscrew in half?
How do you remove the white piece on top of the bowl that holds the insert in? Cause mine seems stuck.
Is there something else to unscrew?

Wish there was a video of how to do this?

Last edited:

felvapes

I received my ruby insert today, but I can’t figure out how to get the SIC one out.

How Do you remove the rubber around the bowl and the whole atomizer? Where does the chamber unscrew in half?
How do you remove the white piece on top of the bowl that holds the insert in? Cause mine seems stuck.
Is there something else to unscrew?

Wish there was a video of how to do this?
Warm the chamber before unscrewing to melt any reclaim and avoid damaging parts "super glued" together by said reclaim
Then remove the chamber from the pockety
Then unscrew the top from the bottom
The seam/threads are just hidden at the bottom of the black silicone
You don't need to remove the ceramic ring, it doesn't come out from the top

This procedure is how you clean the chamber too
Iso qtip the top half and soak the bottom half in iso - or shake in iso in a ziplock bag
Don't soak the bottom half of chamber for more than 15/20 mins as it has silicone in the base and too much iso can damage
Rinse with water after cleaning and screw back together
Be careful and patient - the threads are fine
This cleaning is needed so that recalim doesn't build up between the heater and the insert and glue it in place

Hope that made sense in how I typed it
I think I made this post a while back, I may have explained it better then if this uses the wrong explanation

OyVape

Thank you @felvapes, this is a very good step by step explanation.

Unfortunately, by the time I got the chamber apart, everything was already glued together with reclaim. I didn’t know you could soak the whole thing in alcohol, so I kept struggling with Q-tips and tweezers, trying to get the insert out.

By that time, the part holding the insert got twisted and the tiny wires on the very bottom got bent. The whole thing was coated in reclaim, even inside the pockety itself where the atomizer screws in. I have no way of knowing if the whole unit is damaged now or if it’s just the atomizer??

So now, I have my new Ruby insert and no Pockety to use it in. I could try replacing the whole atomizer, but it’s an expensive gamble if the unit itself is shot.

I am really beating myself up for not cleaning it earlier. Never had a Puffco-type product, and The SiC cup was so easy to clean, I had no idea it was so gunked up inside.

But I am also not comfortable doing really painstaking maintenance on tiny complicated electrical parts. My eyes and hands don’t work so good any more. I just wanna get high and relax.

So I may have to say RIP Pockety. It has been my absolute favorite device. At this point I don’t know if I need or even want a new one. Maybe I will wait until it has replaceable batteries and better glass.

Maybe I will look for a used one. Maybe I will just sell the inserts and cut my losses.

Big Sad.

Back to the Daab…

OyVape

I’d like to post some pics but it is such a pain here. It is easier to send pics to jcvap in fucking CHINA.

Hmm, maybe I just need the bottom part of the chamber?

I had lost the teeny tiny ball cap early on (hated it) so had to replace it with a Puffco ball cap, and the 2 grommets are slightly different in exact specs. The silicone is also slightly different in hardness. Its been a struggle to get it to seal perfectly. Could that cause that much reclaim inside?

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I’d like to post some pics but it is such a pain here.

You can voice your displeasure in the thread below, as I have….. :(

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The whole thing was coated in reclaim, even inside the pockety itself where the atomizer screws in.
Overloading or pulling way too hard will cause this.
no way of knowing if the whole unit is damaged now or if it’s just the atomizer??
The heater sounds like it may be the only damage, even the heater may still be salvageable, but if not,

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Shrike

felvapes

If I could add pictures here I could show you how to fix the heater

You may be able to fix the heater you have
If not as Les posted you can buy a new heater and swap it in the bottom half of the chamber
There is a middle ring on the heater that can be widen if connection issues arise
I would say your unit is fine and it is just the heater contacts that you have bent
It is most likely repairable
If not a new heater would fix it I am quite sure (without pics to see)
Clean the rest of the pockety with qtips and iso
If you had done this with an OG Carta or many other rigs it would have clogged and failed on you many weeks ago without cleaning
The pockety is able to go much longer without issue
Every 100 - 200 dabs is good to give a clean
Every single rig needs cleaning
Even a banger will have reclaim in the neck after that many dabs
Maintenance is key in any vape device - it's actually the great function of the pockety that has allowed people to get to near 400 dabs without performance degradation or failure - not many other rigs will do that without regular cleaning tbh

If anyone is in the position that @Melting Pot is I would remove the silicone sleeve from the top of chamber and soak the whole thing before rinsing and then heating and unscrewing to deep clean
This may prevent the twisting and damage of glued parts
Just be sure to rinse with water well after to remove all iso and shake/blow out any excess

@OyVape as mentioned the heater may be repaired - but definitely can be replaced and I think this will fix your issue
I think the rest of your unit should be perfectly fine once cleaned

If there are any issues with the four connection wires (two power, two thermocouple) the pockety will not register temps and will not work
Once the heater and wires are put together properly the pockety will register the chamber and work for you again

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I got next to no reclaim in the glass air tube and only minor reclaim in the Atty after 200 dabs...I think it was 200 (my counter has reset a few times), some peeps say a counter on a vape is just a gimmick, I find them handy myself.:2c:
I have 30 dabs on my Ruby insert now and am very impressed. I cannot get over how well it dry q-tips clean. I am low temp dabber normally but had a friend visit that 'accidentally' increased the temp to max before passing the unit back to me to finish the dab as they were full on one puff (I am generous with my friend's dab size). I reinstalled my Puffco witches hat silicon glass topper and hit the unit once it buzzed and had a huge cloud that was surprising but not unenjoyable. The remaining poop simply q-tipped out dry!
I do iso q-tip once the display drops to >50c on occasion and it gets the terp ball a little cleaner.

Top Bottom