It is really worth a good session vaporizer for active tasks in 2021?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Welcome to FC @NomDePlumez! It's a good point about your routine or use case as it were. I vape on the couch and have almost never fucked with desktops or even logs as a result. And while all my favorite vapes are "portables" they're mostly only making a trip to the coffee table and in some cases aren't even that portable really.

On FC I can often be found recommending A-list on demand portables because of flavor and vapor quality but I definitely know people for whom a few vapcaps and an induction heater are the cat's pajamas just because their preferences and priorities are different.

And come to think of it, I think the OP is already happily using the latter setup so perhaps my shilling for the Tinymight or Firewood7 is off-base.

@kokolokokolokon@gma do you vape with a bubbler at all? Only asking because I just got a new one and introducing it to my favorite vapes has only gotten as far as the Tinymight and they're fast friends
PXL_20210708_211948754~2.jpg

StillBiggerThanYou

I have an ArGo, a Dotleaf, and Dynavap.

Dynavap and ArGo are both better at session and on demand that the dotleaf. But I prefer the dotleaf to use with my glass pieces.

As far as quick, easy to use, and satisfying vapor production, it's always the Dynavap + induction heater for me. I can clear a bowl in a couple of minutes and get on with whatever I need to do.

As far as sipping on a vape while hanging on the couch or by the pool or maybe on a walk, it's always the ArGo. I can preload a few aroma tubes in the stash, and we're all set to sip and enjoy.

The dotleaf slots in the middle for me; isn't really a great on demand vape because it takes longer, and isn't the best session vape because you'd have to buy multiple ovens and they're around $25 each.

I still like the dotleaf and use it regularly, but it's not really a go-to device for me like the DV or ArGo are.

but that's just me and how I use them.

kokolokokolokon

I'm sorry, I haven't read all of the responses so I may have skipped some responses and/or decisions. In full disclosure I'm stoned off my ass via my TinyMight.

First thing first, if you can get a Tetra P-80 for a price that you can live with, get the P-80. Can you do any of the activities you listed with it? Well personally I worry about carrying it from my bedroom to the living room and the porch. It's not that it can't take a day out and about. It most certainly can. The issue is that I love it so much that I would never forgive myself for taking a risk. The worst part is the difficulty and expense in replacing it.

The TinyMight is a great vape. I haven't been using it lately but coincidentally I pulled it out before reading your post. I think it's a great fit for what you're looking for. Not sure if previously mentioned but there's pre-filled capsules you can fill up and swap on the fly.

I have a Mighty that I haven't used since last year sometime. I prefer both the TM and P-80 over it as a session vaporizer.

I have no experience with the firewood 7, but it sounds really good.

Now I take my vapcaps quite seriously. If I could only have one vaporizer setup it would be my simrell vortex (previous version) with my Fluxer Flite.
Hahahahahaha dont worry, you dont need to read the entire post
Is that good the tetra?
I like the tm doesnt need a screen but it has a good temp range, and it seems to have a better building. But i like the tetra a lot too...
I did know about the caps! And im interested on it :D
At the end all depends on the black friday or the better price and disponibility in the moment i ll have money xddddd and, of course, the market. Maybe some great vapes come out this summer.
And the dynavap is a need xdddd

It's pretty complicated, and even when regulated there is a lot of technique and variables involved with pure convection on demand, just look at the mainstream companies that have done it like haze and elevape that folded because the demand is not there for customers that are willing to pay enough for these vapes and to learn their ins and outs... Look at grasshopper, for an attempt out of the artisan, a whole other mess lol but yeah it's pretty silly that none of the big companies have invested in a Milaana knock off...

Oh Alan (who also makes the iHeat his own 510 pure convection vape) can actually make a wood body for the stem pod if you really do want the artisan look (also stem pod is semi artisan as it is a one-man shop, though industrial design)

No, not at all, it is nothing like the Argo (weak slow session conduction) or the DynaVap (strong on demand conduction) lol

All I meant by all-in-one, is that it's not like getting a 510 mod based vape, where you have to also get a mod separately, and set up temp control yourself if you desire...

And that the TM is a versatile, quick and easy, but very powerful, the temp dial can help you control the extraction rate, but it is much quicker than anything like Argo and hits much harder hit per hit...

The artisan look is great, but im not looning for artisan look but for artisan vale/on demand endgamevape. But ill take a look too (i like design in general :D)

Ah, aio like the eliquids vapes, now i know xd
So the TM can give you an "on demand session" at low temp, with a light high, but no as long as the argo? (People told me argo extend a looot the bowl, so i think it is normal to be faster. I can be wrong)

I think preference for session vs on demand depends heavily on your style of consumption.

I prefer to take my time medicating usually, going outside to smoke/vape is also how I decompress and have 'me time.'

I was never really into hitting bongs or smoking cigarettes or those disposable vapes, prior to vapes I was a big hookah enthusiast. I also did edibles far more often than toking. So my method of getting high may be tedious to some but for me, it's just par for the course.

I think my past with hookahs informs my preference for session vapes because of the familiarity.

For example, yeah my Dynavap gets me toasty in a quick minute when I want that but usually I am not only fine with having to kill the oven of my sess vapes, I enjoy that aspect.

I have found cranking my vapes to near max connecting them to my hookah starter vacuum and into a dry pipe give me massive highly extracted hits. It's kind of a ghetto Volcano lmao.

But I am kind of an oddball doing that, I reckon. I also am not sure it's long-term good for the batteries so I don't do it often.

Edited: clarity and spelling

I have the same idea on the session/on demand. It depends on your style of consumption, this style depends on more factors, i mean, it is not the same an argo than a edge, the first is slower and the second faster being session vapes both...and the edge is more decreet...there is a lot of factors that ypu can consider depending on your style, situation and location
Welcome to FC @NomDePlumez! It's a good point about your routine or use case as it were. I vape on the couch and have almost never fucked with desktops or even logs as a result. And while all my favorite vapes are "portables" they're mostly only making a trip to the coffee table and in some cases aren't even that portable really.

On FC I can often be found recommending A-list on demand portables because of flavor and vapor quality but I definitely know people for whom a few vapcaps and an induction heater are the cat's pajamas just because their preferences and priorities are different.

And come to think of it, I think the OP is already happily using the latter setup so perhaps my shilling for the Tinymight or Firewood7 is off-base.

@kokolokokolokon@gma do you vape with a bubbler at all? Only asking because I just got a new one and introducing it to my favorite vapes has only gotten as far as the Tinymight and they're fast friends
View attachment 10112
I dont ise to vape with bong/bubbler, but damn, if you wanted to hype me...you did it xdddd hahahaha nice

I have an ArGo, a Dotleaf, and Dynavap.

Dynavap and ArGo are both better at session and on demand that the dotleaf. But I prefer the dotleaf to use with my glass pieces.

As far as quick, easy to use, and satisfying vapor production, it's always the Dynavap + induction heater for me. I can clear a bowl in a couple of minutes and get on with whatever I need to do.

As far as sipping on a vape while hanging on the couch or by the pool or maybe on a walk, it's always the ArGo. I can preload a few aroma tubes in the stash, and we're all set to sip and enjoy.

The dotleaf slots in the middle for me; isn't really a great on demand vape because it takes longer, and isn't the best session vape because you'd have to buy multiple ovens and they're around $25 each.

I still like the dotleaf and use it regularly, but it's not really a go-to device for me like the DV or ArGo are.

but that's just me and how I use them.
Good combo :D (lot of people told me dyna+argo was a great combo)

Dyna + ih is a great thing. The dyna is perfect if you have been smoking over years... them with the ih it becomes more easy (and doesnt seem a crack pipe...and well the torch is annoying like hell xdddd)

And i read the argo is perfect for a light high and take it away with you to the montain/street/...

The dotleaf supose to have some issues but i think it is a great idea (better if it is on demand, or doubble mode as the tm). But it is beauty, decreet, has removable battery, Good building...and i like the ovens...but i dont like thei price xddddd

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@kokolokokolokon@gma unfortunately it is really just artisan vapes that offer the purest materials and best performance, simpler builds with less to go wrong in my experience at least? That's why I'm saying it would be cool if someone actually took those principles into something mass-produced industrial design that wasn't a stupid pen or silly design... Argo is just weak, that's why it is slow, if you are comparing watts to watts, the on demand vapes draw more watts, it takes more power to do pure convection, that is a key difference... Cannot really compare battery power to butane etc

RedZep

How is temp stepping in the TM?

Is it difficult to change temps mid session?

Does the device take a long time to warm up to a new temp?

RedZep,

Vaporware

It warms up for each draw unless you put it in session mode where it heats to the set temp in a few seconds and stays.

I don’t have a TM so I’m not sure how it works if you adjust the temp while in session mode, but I think it just quickly adjusts to the new temp.

It’s easy to adjust the temp since it has a dedicated temp dial on the bottom.

I also don’t know why you’d use it in session mode very often…I think on demand is just better unless you’re hitting it back to back to back with no break or you really don’t want to hold the button in some situation. :shrug:

Shit Snacks

How is temp stepping in the TM?

Is it difficult to change temps mid session?

Does the device take a long time to warm up to a new temp?

I saw you asked this in the TM thread and got answers already, but temp stepping is amazing! I often start as low as possible on the dial, work my way up turning the dial after each hit, tiny bit by tiny bit, finishing around level 6 after say 8-12 hits depending on the bowl and glass I'm using it with, also my mood of course! Love the simple dial

Using on demand mode, heat up is very quick, it doesn't really matter what temperature you are at, nearly instant on demand as you temp step. So you don't use the actual session mode (basically all that does is act like it is holding the button down for you so it is constantly heating, I only use that setting when I am taking higher temp hits through water, one hitter bowls in fact)

Shit Snacks

To steer hin towards a p80 is just plainly unfair.

Who is doing that? I just skimmed up several posts, mostly about the TM...? Maybe should have replied quoted post you are referring to because this reads like a non sequitur sorry

Shit Snacks,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Who is doing that? I just skimmed up several posts, mostly about the TM...? Maybe should have replied quoted post you are referring to because this reads like a non sequitur sorry
I think he's talking about the OP from more than a year ago. That's the main reason I don't like reviving threads like this.

And like you said: the TM temp steps very well with even the minute adjustments between the little numbers

Top Bottom