It is really worth a good session vaporizer for active tasks in 2021?

kokolokokolokon

Hello everyone!
This is my first post on FC and I have to say (after reading a lot) you have a big, healthy community here!

I´ve got a pax 2 (maybe I do a full accessory comparison post on Fc but it is an old vape that just a few people are interested in) for more than a year and a dynavap for two months.
The dynavap is awesome and i´m building a desktop IH and gonna buy with some friends a chinese orion IH (WDLX) to improve the dyna.

I was thinking about the new vapes and on demand vapes (i know dyna is on demand). I feel comfortable with the pax (it is not the best but i purchased it for 60 euros and 2 warranty years);
i have been thinking long time the session vapes are great for passive activities (if you are talking or watching a film it is great) but for active activities (drawing, play music, play games, work on garden) can be a waste of weed and i was thinking about the electric on demand vapes (or fast heating up hard hitting vapes).
But damn, they are really expensive and in most cases they are artisan, so you can't just buy it easily.

Then I did take a look at the 150 euros vapes (more or less) and there are great choices in there, but sessioned.
I saw 3 interesting options: Argo, Rogue and Dotleaf 1.5
I like the argo but it seems slow for active proposals, and the hits should be slow for full results (but good flavor. I tried an Air from a friend).
Then I saw the Rogue: hard hitter, has cups, it heats up faster than Argo and it is convection (hybrid) too, it does not have a removable battery (but if it is a good battery I'm good with it. I think the pax has a good battery).
The last one I saw was the Dotleaf: nice looking vape, nice building and materials, removable battery, i read when you push the button it gets +15 degrees of temp (idk if this is true and it seems to be some kind of “semi on demand”); but seems to have a lot of issues. [Even though I saw a second hand Firefly 2 for 160 euros, however I read that it is a little painful to clean and maintain, and has an awful battery...].

I really don't know if these medium/high range vapes are worth it for someone who have a lot of actives tasks (surely you know more models) or it is worth for me to save up money to get a TM/milaana/firewood/tetra (i found the TM easiest to get, clean and maintain, but it has worse warranty and better to not have an issue with it xdd; i can be wrong since i didn't try it).

A lot of people talk about the Mighty still being the king, but I feel it has an old technology for the price and it is just "semi portable" (but i know it is a beast).

Or is it better to continue with the pax and improve the dynavap experience?
The only bad thing about the dyna would be it can be a little cumbersome to use and cannot regulate the temperature (unless you have a watts regulable Flux).

Vape senseis, What do you think about it? :D
Upgrade or wait to see what happens on the market?
[Wait to see more Rogue/dotleaf reviews, new vapes, new ih, new versions (mighty+, pax 4, are just rumors...)]

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I don't think most session vapes mesh with what I want out of them, so I have never been inclined to add one to my collection. YMMV of course, but I figure with a good on demand I can just keep using it for a "session".

That said, from your questions I think you nailed the Argo (it will be a slow and relaxed session with tasty vapor). I have no experience with the rogue, but if its like other HR products it should be fine. They heat up quickly, produce respectable vapor, and the company offers good support. Dotleaf sounds like a nice conduction/session vape, but I'm put off by the heater issues and blatant astroturfing on reddit (posters comparing it favorably to the flowerpot with no post history and mods regularly having to clean up their garbage posts). If the company isn't responsible they should try to reign in some of their fans as I don't want anything to do with them based on it. From what I have seen if the heater issue isn't as bad as some make it out to be its a decent session vape, though.

Any of the high end on demand vapes you mentioned have outstanding reputations (the Milaana, TM, FW, P80). I was on the cusp of picking up a TM of my own in late April/early May after chatting with another member here, but as Covid still hasn't quite ended and I'm wfh I have no need for a serious portable just yet. The only caveat I'd add is to make sure their appropriate for what you consider "active" tasks. I figured the TM would do fine taking the dog for a walk and on day hikes or things of that nature, but I would not personally be comfortable bringing it along on a more serious hike, camping trip, bicycle ride, or things of that nature--its QC rep not withstanding (which seems to be resolved) I don't think its fair to expect too many electronic vaporizers to survive me falling onto them from my bicycle. At a minimum even a vape built like a tank I would expect to need to replace the stems, but for any of these vapes I'd expect their is a good chance components were jostled loose or enclosures were cracked. If I'm doing something like that I still reach for my dynavap.

The mighty has an outstanding reputation. Full disclosure I have not tried one, but from what I have read and given my stated misgivings with a session vape I haven't felt compelled to try one either (if a buddy happens to pick one up I'd love to give it a go, but I'm not going to spend my $$).

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
It's a simpler landscape than it appears:

1) fuck the mighty, the Argo and all the old session vapes. Leave the rogue and new session vapes alone too. I've owned a half dozen session portables and your conclusions are correct that they can't hang (this includes the Mighty, which I sold after a year).

2) not all the artisanal vapes are both portable and available: the Tinymight and Firewood7 remain the new hotness on those counts and the Tinymight is the one you can just buy today and get in a week or two so I'd suggest you do that or jump on a June FW7 batch. Either can be sold used for full price too which makes it a low risk decision considering they cost a hundred bucks more than the weaker, older, slower session portables folks still recommend on reddit.

Last edited:

Vaporware

The ones you’re considering buying now are probably pretty good, but no matter how many hits I take I still want to be able to stop whenever I want without wasting flower. That brings me back to on demand devices every time. :)

I would keep saving and get exactly what you want. I see too many people buy several mid-level (or even really bad) vaporizers and then spend the money on a better one anyway.

When I switched from a DaVinci Ascent to a FlowerPot I was amazed at the difference, and I still see the same kinds of reactions from people all the time.

For now I’d work on getting the best results you can from your VapCap. I prefer the vapor from a Firewood 7, FlowerPot, etc. but VapCaps can get the job done. You may find that you still use them a lot even after you get something with better vapor quality, and they’re at least a great option to have in situations where you’d worry about taking something more fragile.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah you'll have to decide what you want, what works best for your situation, but like these others I am a staunch supporter of on-demand vaping and hardly ever use session vapes myself these days... However for a very active situation, I do think the Rogue would probably be the best option of the session vapes available now, not that I have tried one myself... Could be fun for you to get that, and the vleafgo as a budget on demand option, for me those would not satisfy as I am a flavor snob so I would prefer the purity, power, consistency, and versatility actually, that the TM and FW7 provide (don't get me wrong either, love me some Milaana and Tetra too!) Oh and welcome to FC, seems like you've already done a lot of research, good luck with your decisions, if you are able to keep waiting the options should only improve, but there are some pretty good ones now fortunately!

west-elec

The activities you mention all seem home based, and you've got the DV for out and about (and the pax for slow sessions), so maybe a desktop would be the better (and maybe cheaper) purchase. A log vape, or really any convection desktop, can be left on all day and only cooks the weed when you hold it up to the heater and pull. I know a guy who used to take his camping, with a battery from his 4wd and an inverter. He bought the inverter just for the log vape cause all his camping gear is already 12v. Small and convenient.
Like others have said if you want the portability a TM is a good bet, the CS issues were delays more than dodgy practices and are all in the past from what is being said now and they always seemed to replace anything that had issues. There must be a LOT of TMs going out the door and not many complaints coming through lately. It is exactly what you described.
Having said that my fav is the FW7 and it will also fit the bill nicely.

Shit Snacks

The activities you mention all seem home based, and you've got the DV for out and about (and the pax for slow sessions), so maybe a desktop would be the better (and maybe cheaper) purchase. A log vape, or really any convection desktop, can be left on all day and only cooks the weed when you hold it up to the heater and pull. I know a guy who used to take his camping, with a battery from his 4wd and an inverter. He bought the inverter just for the log vape cause all his camping gear is already 12v. Small and convenient.
Like others have said if you want the portability a TM is a good bet, the CS issues were delays more than dodgy practices and are all in the past from what is being said now and they always seemed to replace anything that had issues. There must be a LOT of TMs going out the door and not many complaints coming through lately. It is exactly what you described.

Oh yes, and if you are going to mention log vapes, I have to mention that my favorite would be the Heat Island, if you email Alan you can get that complete set up cheaper than anything else log wise!

kokolokokolokon

Hello again people! And thanks for the answers! This was a big help on my decisions! 🦄

Finally i purchased the chinese IH, wich i love very much. It changes the dynavap experience. I think the torch can be annoying as fuck and dangerous, dont get me wrong, you can take a killer hit from It, but to do something at the same time or take multiple hits the ih is a heavy upgrade.

Even i'm thinking about sell the pax (just thinking because i have a lot of add ons and i have to say that sometimes i need a discreet vape).

Pd: Im on spain so a discreet vape can be a edge/fury/rogue/argo/tm/tetra since they seem to be an eliquid vape
I don't think most session vapes mesh with what I want out of them, so I have never been inclined to add one to my collection. YMMV of course, but I figure with a good on demand I can just keep using it for a "session".

That said, from your questions I think you nailed the Argo (it will be a slow and relaxed session with tasty vapor). I have no experience with the rogue, but if its like other HR products it should be fine. They heat up quickly, produce respectable vapor, and the company offers good support. Dotleaf sounds like a nice conduction/session vape, but I'm put off by the heater issues and blatant astroturfing on reddit (posters comparing it favorably to the flowerpot with no post history and mods regularly having to clean up their garbage posts). If the company isn't responsible they should try to reign in some of their fans as I don't want anything to do with them based on it. From what I have seen if the heater issue isn't as bad as some make it out to be its a decent session vape, though.

Any of the high end on demand vapes you mentioned have outstanding reputations (the Milaana, TM, FW, P80). I was on the cusp of picking up a TM of my own in late April/early May after chatting with another member here, but as Covid still hasn't quite ended and I'm wfh I have no need for a serious portable just yet. The only caveat I'd add is to make sure their appropriate for what you consider "active" tasks. I figured the TM would do fine taking the dog for a walk and on day hikes or things of that nature, but I would not personally be comfortable bringing it along on a more serious hike, camping trip, bicycle ride, or things of that nature--its QC rep not withstanding (which seems to be resolved) I don't think its fair to expect too many electronic vaporizers to survive me falling onto them from my bicycle. At a minimum even a vape built like a tank I would expect to need to replace the stems, but for any of these vapes I'd expect their is a good chance components were jostled loose or enclosures were cracked. If I'm doing something like that I still reach for my dynavap.

The mighty has an outstanding reputation. Full disclosure I have not tried one, but from what I have read and given my stated misgivings with a session vape I haven't felt compelled to try one either (if a buddy happens to pick one up I'd love to give it a go, but I'm not going to spend my $$).
I know the arizer and HR vapes are pretty good (after a good research i found all the dotleaf issues, it is a good idea but needs work) and if i change my mind or i realize i need a session vape ill go for these.
I think everyone knows at this time about the mighty quality....but the price was the same ten years ago...worst than apple xdddddd
For that price (and less) i get a tinymight with capsules and a new stem.
Right know im happy with my dyna +ih (but it is less convenient for some situations...and i need to control it to have a "lower high session" xddd)
It's a simpler landscape than it appears:

1) fuck the mighty, the Argo and all the old session vapes. Leave the rogue and new session vapes alone too. I've owned a half dozen session portables and your conclusions are correct that they can't hang (this includes the Mighty, which I sold after a year).

2) not all the artisanal vapes are both portable and available: the Tinymight and Firewood7 remain the new hotness on those counts and the Tinymight is the one you can just buy today and get in a week or two so I'd suggest you do that or jump on a June FW7 batch. Either can be sold used for full price too which makes it a low risk decision considering they cost a hundred bucks more than the weaker, older, slower session portables folks still recommend on reddit.
I think if you like to session because you vape when you see tv (or you vape as a hobby and not an add to another hobby). But for what i need...i cant let the vape consuming herb...
That good is the FW7? I feel it is hard to clean and we have a lot of humidity on the environment, wich can be a problem for wood (i can be wrong).
I think i like the TM a lot because the form, materials (not full wood), the temp options, the stem-oven arizer style and the capsules option.

The ones you’re considering buying now are probably pretty good, but no matter how many hits I take I still want to be able to stop whenever I want without wasting flower. That brings me back to on demand devices every time. :)

I would keep saving and get exactly what you want. I see too many people buy several mid-level (or even really bad) vaporizers and then spend the money on a better one anyway.

When I switched from a DaVinci Ascent to a FlowerPot I was amazed at the difference, and I still see the same kinds of reactions from people all the time.

For now I’d work on getting the best results you can from your VapCap. I prefer the vapor from a Firewood 7, FlowerPot, etc. but VapCaps can get the job done. You may find that you still use them a lot even after you get something with better vapor quality, and they’re at least a great option to have in situations where you’d worry about taking something more fragile.
This is what im going to do right now: keep my dynavap +ih (maybe sell the pax, im undecided, it can be usefull) and keep saving and reading for a endgame vape!
Yeah you'll have to decide what you want, what works best for your situation, but like these others I am a staunch supprOter of on-demand vaping and hardly ever use session vapes myself these days... However for a very active situation, I do think the Rogue would probably be the best option of the session vapes available now, not that I have tried one myself... Could be fun for you to get that, and the vleafgo as a budget on demand option, for me those would not satisfy as I am a flavor snob so I would prefer the purity, power, consistency, and versatility actually, that the TM and FW7 provide (don't get me wrong either, love me some Milaana and Tetra too!) Oh and welcome to FC, seems like you've already done a lot of research, good luck with your decisions, if you are able to keep waiting the options should only improve, but there are some pretty good ones now fortunately!
I think the Rogue is a great option for a not long session with hard hits. As the argo is a great option for a long session with a smooth hits.
I had read the vleaf go have a poor battery and gets very Hot quickly and it is worth if you use it with a water pipe (wich i dont use). If vleaf create a v2 with removable battery and get less hot it would be awsome 😱.
I think the patience is the strongest weapon in the vape world against the VAS xddddd

kokolokokolokon

I dont really like desktop vapes since my activities have no concrete place: if, for example, i want to move to a friend's house to make music, or go out to the park for drawing, or move to my kitchen it becomes annoying with a desktop (in my opinion).
I know they have more power and better extraction, but im in search of something that brings me the versatility that joints gave me.
But if i have to choose a desktop i would take a log, pretty cool look. But another point is im in europe, and seems hard to get one (and them the power transformer or adaptee. I heard some bad experiences with the electricity bill 💸💸)

I like a lot the TM, but i need to wait and read more (and save money xd)

Oh yes, and if you are going to mention log vapes, I have to mention that my favorite would be the Heat Island, if you email Alan you can get that complete set up cheaper than anything else log wise!
I knew the heat island, what a beautiful vape, and it is the cheaper log vape, of course. But is 130$+shipping to europe+taxes (there are new taxes 😢). The shipping would be around 30$ and the tax 30 or more = 190/200. (I dont even know if they ship to europe, in their page just talk about usa).

With all this conclusions i think i will be asking on the TM main post and keep whatching if there's another endgame releases, offers, issues, etc...
And get more info about the tetra and FW too (but i love the capsule concept, ok you can kill me xd but it is clean, easy and discreet)

But wow thank you very much for all the info!! 🦄🦄👌👌
(And sry to answer late 😅)

Duba

Accessory Maker
Can I introduce in your reflection and search for a powerful and discreet vape on demand: a vape mounted on an electronic cigarette 510mod.
I have a Glow from Dreamwood (Germany) that works wonderfully and can be quite discreet. There are other brands but it seems to me that they are on the other side of the ocean. It was a good option form me while i was waiting for a FW7 (my favorite for on the go, and easy to clean).

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Session vapes like the Rogue are convenient and easy to use but it's wrong to associate them with "hard hits". Similarly the Argo and other Arizer session vapes aren't "smooth" as a contrast to hard hitting.

A better spectrum to imagine is slow versus fast. All session portables are relatively slow and take more hits to finish extraction and get your abv evenly browned. So the Rogue will indeed have more open draw resistance and a quicker heater than the Argo, but they're both session portables you typically turn on for three minutes or so while taking let's say four to ten hits, none of which is especially dense or flavorful.

That's the reason many of the folks on FC have on demand portables as their daily driver or favorite: the heaters are more powerful and the on demand experience offers better flavor and vapor quality. The easy adjustability, handy size, and versatility of the Tinymight is still my pick for you, especially because you can just buy one with no fuss. And I forget if I mentioned this but you don't need other stems or extra cooling for units. Just a wpa roe bubbler use at some point would be a nice addition if that's something you like to do.

Shit Snacks

I knew the heat island, what a beautiful vape, and it is the cheaper log vape, of course. But is 130$+shipping to europe+taxes (there are new taxes 😢). The shipping would be around 30$ and the tax 30 or more = 190/200. (I dont even know if they ship to europe, in their page just talk about usa).

Oh you have to email him, the website is not fully accurate still, he has been working on updating it for a while so hopefully soon it will be up to date and more comprehensive...

Because yeah it can actually be less than $130, depending what parts you need, you can get the actual vape, the log heater itself, for $50-65 in bamboo (and he also has a cardboard option now that maybe even cheaper) so yeah then you have to get at least one stem, power supply/vvps, but even with your taxes and fees, I think you could end up being closer to $150 total if you go as cheap as possible, perhaps even less honestly...?

But yeah it's the European shipping that usually adds a lot of extra cost regardless unfortunately!

Vaporware

@kokolokokolokon@gma The TM should be a great option for you, and so should the FW7 (which is not actually that hard to clean). The TM should be even easier, but I haven’t seen either be a big problem.

Humidity could be more of an issue with wood, and it’s best not to get either one wet, but I don’t think I’ve read about FW7 problems from humidity alone.

I also think desktops are a great option and I would consider it fir the future, but for now I think you’re on the right track! :)

NomDePlumez

I love my Mighty and it is pretty rugged, easy to reload on the go. However it is slow, huge and quite expensive, which will deter a lot of people dispite it's well-deserved slot as an amazing vape. The battery life and vapor quality are fantastic imo but I have lost a Mighty before and replacing it stung my wallet bad. Makes me hesitant to take it out and about.

I also have a Solo 2, Boundless CFX, and Starry. The new Starry with the ceramic slotted filter is probably my most-used out and about vape. It's cheap, is a little cloud machine, and has replaceable batteries. It does sometimes have issues with the battery door but it's easily fixed by a piece of tinfoil.

Dynavaps are swell too.

kokolokokolokon

Can I introduce in your reflection and search for a powerful and discreet vape on demand: a vape mounted on an electronic cigarette 510mod.
I have a Glow from Dreamwood (Germany) that works wonderfully and can be quite discreet. There are other brands but it seems to me that they are on the other side of the ocean. It was a good option form me while i was waiting for a FW7 (my favorite for on the go, and easy to clean).
I like the concept of the 510 mods. So usefull for those who vape eliquids and easy to carry (mod, eliquid atom, weed atom).
I was asking and reading a little bit. I found it seems to be a great way, but hard to master. You have to get "they key" to use it properly. I was reading it have a normal flavour(depends on the ato) better than a full conduction (session) vape, but no as good as a good (session) convection vape
And i have to say...what a beautiful atomizer is the glow 👌and dreamwood have some nice and pretty things 👌
But i dont know if it is good to me. +100€ for an atomizer... without mod the ato technology is not that expensive xddd in my opinion. The glow have a good price and it is over 100€, and if you want some convection ato it cost more and you need to import it 😢
But i have an eye on the glow by the way. Maybe it is worth if i sell the pax+accesories and wait a year (more o less) to buy a endgame (like you waiting for a firewood. A question; it is easy to clean? Doesnt look like). Maybe it is the way
And thank you!
Session vapes like the Rogue are convenient and easy to use but it's wrong to associate them with "hard hits". Similarly the Argo and other Arizer session vapes aren't "smooth" as a contrast to hard hitting.

A better spectrum to imagine is slow versus fast. All session portables are relatively slow and take more hits to finish extraction and get your abv evenly browned. So the Rogue will indeed have more open draw resistance and a quicker heater than the Argo, but they're both session portables you typically turn on for three minutes or so while taking let's say four to ten hits, none of which is especially dense or flavorful.

That's the reason many of the folks on FC have on demand portables as their daily driver or favorite: the heaters are more powerful and the on demand experience offers better flavor and vapor quality. The easy adjustability, handy size, and versatility of the Tinymight is still my pick for you, especially because you can just buy one with no fuss. And I forget if I mentioned this but you don't need other stems or extra cooling for units. Just a wpa roe bubbler use at some point would be a nice addition if that's something you like to do.
I understand what you mean. I use to talk like a smoker sry xdd.
But there are differences on session vapes. I found arizer smooth (it doesnt break you) with great flavour, maybe an on demand endgame vape have better, but arizer still have a great flavour.

And the TM is still my pick for me tooxddd but need time to save, read the tm posibilities and see what happens in general. And i would buy capsules (dont know if the official or just something that works) and a extra battery 😌
I read a lot of people talking about the wood stems (40/50€ wtf xddddd). Do you know something about it?

Oh you have to email him, the website is not fully accurate still, he has been working on updating it for a while so hopefully soon it will be up to date and more comprehensive...

Because yeah it can actually be less than $130, depending what parts you need, you can get the actual vape, the log heater itself, for $50-65 in bamboo (and he also has a cardboard option now that maybe even cheaper) so yeah then you have to get at least one stem, power supply/vvps, but even with your taxes and fees, I think you could end up being closer to $150 total if you go as cheap as possible, perhaps even less honestly...?

But yeah it's the European shipping that usually adds a lot of extra cost regardless unfortunately!
Oh man 65 is super cheap. With nothing more of course, you need everything else xdddd i dont tell you i will never buy a log vape, wich are the only desktop vapes i like, they are gorgeous. But i dont like to use a big as hell electric transformer for something so small and cute (and the electric bill...here we have the hightest electric price in europe 😢 and heard stories about log vapes and +300€ bills...)

kokolokokolokon

@kokolokokolokon@gma The TM should be a great option for you, and so should the FW7 (which is not actually that hard to clean). The TM should be even easier, but I haven’t seen either be a big problem.

Humidity could be more of an issue with wood, and it’s best not to get either one wet, but I don’t think I’ve read about FW7 problems from humidity alone.

I also think desktops are a great option and I would consider it fir the future, but for now I think you’re on the right track! :)
I tought it was hard to clean xd
Humidity is an issue in general i think, but more for an full wood vape (except battery and stem i know). And the waiting for it xddd it seems hard to pick.
I didnt read so much problems from...or info xddd

I know desktop are a great option. Like 6 years ago (i dont know exactly) i vaped on a desktop arizer from a friend, it was great. But i like the "joint experience" amd i dont like very much the "bong experience" (the use style). I see it an option if i have a solid job and place to live xdd

And we all are in the right track :D
I am going to stick out like a sore thumb here, but I love my Firefly 2+. I keep coming back to it day after day. It is my daily, I love it. The flavour. Everything about it, I just love.
I had read firefly have a great flavour, and it looks awsome, maybe some tricky to master but awsome. But i read it fault on battery (but it is removable), and man, it is expensive as hell xxd i found one second hand firefly 2 aound 190€, but i think it has no warranty (i should ask xd). And if you are happy is great, for what i see it is hard to find YOUR perfect vape, amd you did it, and a pretty nice vape :D what a envy xddd
I love my Mighty and it is pretty rugged, easy to reload on the go. However it is slow, huge and quite expensive, which will deter a lot of people dispite it's well-deserved slot as an amazing vape. The battery life and vapor quality are fantastic imo but I have lost a Mighty before and replacing it stung my wallet bad. Makes me hesitant to take it out and about.

I also have a Solo 2, Boundless CFX, and Starry. The new Starry with the ceramic slotted filter is probably my most-used out and about vape. It's cheap, is a little cloud machine, and has replaceable batteries. It does sometimes have issues with the battery door but it's easily fixed by a piece of tinfoil.

Dynavaps are swell too.

Yes, great vape....i will meet with a friend who have it. Buy i prefer a on demand even for a session. And if have have to take a session vaoe it would be the argo i think (i know it is not the cloud machine the mighty is) that can be purchased for 130€
I dont like the way that the session vapes force you to kill a oven (i like to vape as a joint: i can take one hit every 10 seconds or every 15 minutes

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

gordontreeman

Oh man 65 is super cheap. With nothing more of course, you need everything else xdddd i dont tell you i will never buy a log vape, wich are the only desktop vapes i like, they are gorgeous. But i dont like to use a big as hell electric transformer for something so small and cute (and the electric bill...here we have the hightest electric price in europe 😢 and heard stories about log vapes and +300€ bills...)
I don't know how electricity is priced and metered in the EU, but I find it extraordinarily hard to believe that a log vaporizer was responsible for a 300 euro electricity bill. Even if you left it on 24/7, they sip a pretty small amount of electricity. I also don't think the outlet/dial with mine (nor the VVPS that many recommend) is "big as hell", but I suppose that is subjective.

Ultimately its your call and if you don't want a log for whatever reason that is fine, but these are pretty silly (to downright nonexistent) reasons to rule one out.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I've used wooden stems on other vapes and never stuck with them. I prefer a glass vapor path and I like to soak stems in ISO to get them completely clean. I don't use capsules either because hits are more dense and flavorful without them.

I know you're not getting talked into it but I'd leave the FF2 and Mighty alone: different vapes but neither of them can hang.

Your kind words for the Arizer portables just make me think you need to see what you're missing. Stuff like the Solo II from Arizer or the Mighty from S&B are just the best the lazy big manufacturers could do ten years ago. They aren't rivals or alternatives to new on demand portables like the ones we're discussing.

Shit Snacks

I like the concept of the 510 mods. So usefull for those who vape eliquids and easy to carry (mod, eliquid atom, weed atom).
I was asking and reading a little bit. I found it seems to be a great way, but hard to master. You have to get "they key" to use it properly. I was reading it have a normal flavour(depends on the ato) better than a full conduction (session) vape, but no as good as a good (session) convection vape
And i have to say...what a beautiful atomizer is the glow 👌and dreamwood have some nice and pretty things 👌
But i dont know if it is good to me. +100€ for an atomizer... without mod the ato technology is not that expensive xddd in my opinion. The glow have a good price and it is over 100€, and if you want some convection ato it cost more and you need to import it 😢
But i have an eye on the glow by the way.

If you feel like the glow is too expensive on its own, check out the StemPod Si, as it is the cheapest dry herb atomizer like this, different yet similar experience I think (I don't have one, but I have Glow14, Splinters, and iHeat)

And the TM is still my pick for me tooxddd but need time to save, read the tm posibilities and see what happens in general. And i would buy capsules (dont know if the official or just something that works) and a extra battery 😌
I read a lot of people talking about the wood stems (40/50€ wtf xddddd). Do you know something about it?

Yeah the team is great for an all-in-one, expensive but pretty worth the price in the end, I don't like capsules and find them more tedious and less effective personally though, best accessory for home use is to get both WPA and a J hook (not to mention waterpiece) I don't think a wood stem is necessary and I'm not really interested in them, but if you are prone to breaking glass then it might be useful...

Haha yeah and I think it may be $50 or even below for steel core with bamboo or cardboard body honestly... Add on could just be one stem, or maybe a steel one and a glass one, and then vvps and power supply (they are not actually big, the basic one that is both together, is a little ugly but still a pretty small box and plug, but also if you are getting a microVVPS from Alan, they are even tinier and quite good looking built out of wood as well! But it will need a little wall wart for the power supply separate, this is the setup I have and it is pretty great)

Shit Snacks,

gordontreeman

@kokolokokolokon@gma

as you asked about wooden stems for the TM, the easiest to snag is probably https://edstnt.com/collections/tiny-might-accessories (the WPA or straight stem). Wood on its own wouldn't be very effective for cooling, so if you're using the straight stem I would imagine you'd want to use the cooling unit with it.

I think KGWoodcrafts on Instagram can also custom make them, and probably @Aezhenn in the EU (not 100% if he can do a TM stem honestly, but he does amazing work and mentioned in his thread that he is open to customs but I was inquiring about something very different).

gordontreeman,

kokolokokolokon

I don't know how electricity is priced and metered in the EU, but I find it extraordinarily hard to believe that a log vaporizer was responsible for a 300 euro electricity bill. Even if you left it on 24/7, they sip a pretty small amount of electricity. I also don't think the outlet/dial with mine (nor the VVPS that many recommend) is "big as hell", but I suppose that is subjective.

Ultimately its your call and if you don't want a log for whatever reason that is fine, but these are pretty silly (to downright nonexistent) reasons to rule one out.
I was wrong the logs wich need transformer are other. If i get a desktop it would be a log vape xdd but maybe in the future, now i dont like the desktop style enough to have one, thats all

I've used wooden stems on other vapes and never stuck with them. I prefer a glass vapor path and I like to soak stems in ISO to get them completely clean. I don't use capsules either because hits are more dense and flavorful without them.

I know you're not getting talked into it but I'd leave the FF2 and Mighty alone: different vapes but neither of them can hang.

Your kind words for the Arizer portables just make me think you need to see what you're missing. Stuff like the Solo II from Arizer or the Mighty from S&B are just the best the lazy big manufacturers could do ten years ago. They aren't rivals or alternatives to new on demand portables like the ones we're discussing.
I know glass is better. I just want to know more about woodstems because im afraid to break the glass but if it is meh i wont waste 40/50€ on a stem. I like the capsules because it is easy, clean, and very discreet (or in the pax is lile i say xd). I know it lose vapor production. I wouldnt use it exclusively with cups.
i have no plans to buy a mighty or a firefly, but i like to get information about vapes, including the second hand market to see the prices.
Nope, i dont know what im missing xdd of course. It is hard to buy a +200€ vape to start to vape xddddd (when i started to vape i didnt want to spend more than 60€, i dont have a lot of money i saw no logic on spend more just for vape, and the dynavap was the answer).
There is one thing i cant understand: there are just a few on demand devices, and they are artisans (not every on demamd, but the endgame). I love it (except the price xdd) just see the tetra designs, but is strange the companies dont try to conquer the on demand market

If you feel like the glow is too expensive on its own, check out the StemPod Si, as it is the cheapest dry herb atomizer like this, different yet similar experience I think (I don't have one, but I have Glow14, Splinters, and iHeat)

Yeah the team is great for an all-in-one, expensive but pretty worth the price in the end, I don't like capsules and find them more tedious and less effective personally though, best accessory for home use is to get both WPA and a J hook (not to mention waterpiece) I don't think a wood stem is necessary and I'm not really interested in them, but if you are prone to breaking glass then it might be useful...

Haha yeah and I think it may be $50 or even below for steel core with bamboo or cardboard body honestly... Add on could just be one stem, or maybe a steel one and a glass one, and then vvps and power supply (they are not actually big, the basic one that is both together, is a little ugly but still a pretty small box and plug, but also if you are getting a microVVPS from Alan, they are even tinier and quite good looking built out of wood as well! But it will need a little wall wart for the power supply separate, this is the setup I have and it is pretty great)

I will take a look on it. Im interested in artisan portable but i think the herb atoms can be the future (but maybe not the present).

About TM: when you say all in one, do you mean you can get an on demand session with a "little high" argo-like and you can get a good hits like you do in the dynavap? My interest in the caps are not to get the best results, i dont want to use it everytime either. It is for some situations

In the future ill take a goodlook log xdd ill save like im saving for a artisan portable

@kokolokokolokon@gma

as you asked about wooden stems for the TM, the easiest to snag is probably https://edstnt.com/collections/tiny-might-accessories (the WPA or straight stem). Wood on its own wouldn't be very effective for cooling, so if you're using the straight stem I would imagine you'd want to use the cooling unit with it.

I think KGWoodcrafts on Instagram can also custom make them, and probably @Aezhenn in the EU (not 100% if he can do a TM stem honestly, but he does amazing work and mentioned in his thread that he is open to customs but I was inquiring about something very different).

Thank you very much! And yes! If i get a wood stem i will want a cooling unit. And ill take a look at instagram haha 👀👀

kokolokokolokon,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I'm sorry, I haven't read all of the responses so I may have skipped some responses and/or decisions. In full disclosure I'm stoned off my ass via my TinyMight.

First thing first, if you can get a Tetra P-80 for a price that you can live with, get the P-80. Can you do any of the activities you listed with it? Well personally I worry about carrying it from my bedroom to the living room and the porch. It's not that it can't take a day out and about. It most certainly can. The issue is that I love it so much that I would never forgive myself for taking a risk. The worst part is the difficulty and expense in replacing it.

The TinyMight is a great vape. I haven't been using it lately but coincidentally I pulled it out before reading your post. I think it's a great fit for what you're looking for. Not sure if previously mentioned but there's pre-filled capsules you can fill up and swap on the fly.

I have a Mighty that I haven't used since last year sometime. I prefer both the TM and P-80 over it as a session vaporizer.

I have no experience with the firewood 7, but it sounds really good.

Now I take my vapcaps quite seriously. If I could only have one vaporizer setup it would be my simrell vortex (previous version) with my Fluxer Flite.

Shit Snacks

There is one thing i cant understand: there are just a few on demand devices, and they are artisans (not every on demamd, but the endgame). I love it (except the price xdd) just see the tetra designs, but is strange the companies dont try to conquer the on demand market

It's pretty complicated, and even when regulated there is a lot of technique and variables involved with pure convection on demand, just look at the mainstream companies that have done it like haze and elevape that folded because the demand is not there for customers that are willing to pay enough for these vapes and to learn their ins and outs... Look at grasshopper, for an attempt out of the artisan, a whole other mess lol but yeah it's pretty silly that none of the big companies have invested in a Milaana knock off...

I will take a look on it. Im interested in artisan portable but i think the herb atoms can be the future (but maybe not the present).

Oh Alan (who also makes the iHeat his own 510 pure convection vape) can actually make a wood body for the stem pod if you really do want the artisan look (also stem pod is semi artisan as it is a one-man shop, though industrial design)

About TM: when you say all in one, do you mean you can get an on demand session with a "little high" argo-like and you can get a good hits like you do in the dynavap? My interest in the caps are not to get the best results, i dont want to use it everytime either. It is for some situations

No, not at all, it is nothing like the Argo (weak slow session conduction) or the DynaVap (strong on demand conduction) lol

All I meant by all-in-one, is that it's not like getting a 510 mod based vape, where you have to also get a mod separately, and set up temp control yourself if you desire...

And that the TM is a versatile, quick and easy, but very powerful, the temp dial can help you control the extraction rate, but it is much quicker than anything like Argo and hits much harder hit per hit...

Shit Snacks,

NomDePlumez

I think preference for session vs on demand depends heavily on your style of consumption.

I prefer to take my time medicating usually, going outside to smoke/vape is also how I decompress and have 'me time.'

I was never really into hitting bongs or smoking cigarettes or those disposable vapes, prior to vapes I was a big hookah enthusiast. I also did edibles far more often than toking. So my method of getting high may be tedious to some but for me, it's just par for the course.

I think my past with hookahs informs my preference for session vapes because of the familiarity.

For example, yeah my Dynavap gets me toasty in a quick minute when I want that but usually I am not only fine with having to kill the oven of my sess vapes, I enjoy that aspect.

I have found cranking my vapes to near max connecting them to my hookah starter vacuum and into a dry pipe give me massive highly extracted hits. It's kind of a ghetto Volcano lmao.

But I am kind of an oddball doing that, I reckon. I also am not sure it's long-term good for the batteries so I don't do it often.

Edited: clarity and spelling

Last edited:
Top Bottom