• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ispire Daab

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The way my stock cap fits and sticks to the cup in between sessions is what's kept me from using the daab daily. Is the replacement one better?
The replacement caps are about 4-5mm shorter and work a treat (so do a couple of other branded carb caps), I only use my long cap when I use my modded SiC cup as it is quite a bit larger than the standard quartz cups and sits deeper.

GentlEnt

The replacement caps are about 4-5mm shorter and work a treat (so do a couple of other branded carb caps), I only use my long cap when I use my modded SiC cup as it is quite a bit larger than the standard quartz cups and sits deeper.
Have you tried the zack brown v2 spinner yet? I’m really preferring my replacement cap from iSpire over both the first carb cap and the v2, it works so well.

Last edited:
GentlEnt,
Reactions: LesPlenty

lazylathe

Almost there...
My Daab arrived about a week ago, it was a 420 purchase.
Straight out the box it produced very whispy vapor from small or large loads, very disappointed...
Emailed iSpire CS and it was sorted out in about 30 minutes! New glass being shipped as the glass sent has massive gaps all around the carb cap. Especially where the cup joins onto the WT.
Wasted a lot of meds trying to achieve a satisfactory hit to no avail!

Fast forward a week of thinking and staring at the Daab and I whipped up some 2 part silicone putty to seal all the gaps. None is in the airpath and no heat is involved in those areas.

Hits like a train!
Still working out smaller dabs but if you load this up, it pumps out the vapor!
Flavor is pretty damn good as well!

I have been using AUTO mode and I start the inhale before the light turns solid. Finish off with some manual heating.

I clean out the crucible with a qtip and then remove it and hold it in some paper towel, add a few drops of Dark Crystal and it looks like new again!

Hope the new glass sorts out the gaps and allows for smaller, tasty dabs!

Whisper

I am really enjoying using the Daab. I just listened and watched "the guys" playing around and made mental notes. Thanks to those before me. What's next?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Sourcemore are sending me replacements for inner cups I broke by ultrasonic cleaning:hmm: and has said Ispire recommends not using an ultrasonic cleaner to clean the inner cups of the device. It looks like SimpleGreen soaking will be the order of the day if I ever use the quartz buckets again and go overboard with the manual fire button (I doubt I will after using SiC buckets).

GetLeft

I'm about to pick up a Daab. Not sure where I'll be getting it but want to make sure it doesn't come with carb cap issues. Is there an alternate cap to request when I make my purchase? Don't see on on the ispire site. Tia!

androponic

vaped.
I'm about to pick up a Daab. Not sure where I'll be getting it but want to make sure it doesn't come with carb cap issues. Is there an alternate cap to request when I make my purchase? Don't see on on the ispire site. Tia!
Go with @VGOODIEZ and he is aware of the issue and will make sure yours is good to go. he also has a discount to apply on them as well so he can beat any ones prices delivered.

GetLeft

Dabbing made easy thanks to Ispire, @VGOODIEZ and the kind contributers to this thread! Quick delivery and easy right out of the box. Set my first drop of live budder at 450, started cold, tasted amazing and packed a punch. Did a second at 460. Didn't get around to a third :) Gotta get a box of the wipes that came with the package. Made cleaning an absolute breeze (although the rim of the inner cup does get a little bit hot -- give it a few secs to cool a bit before grabbing it). I was a little weary of loading into the smallish sized cups but the supplied dab tool worked well in combination with one of those generic ss dab tools that come with just about every vape these days. Anyone toying with the thought of using concentrates and wondering what to use, I'd say look into the Daab. Hopefully the electronics are sound and it lasts.

EanCognito

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the Daab, it's something I almost purchased when it first dropped, just been enjoying the flower selection so much, haven't even looked at any hash rosin, but from what I've been able to gather, maybe even more selection than flower, occasionally even of the 6star, "full-melt" variety, at $60-80/g.

I've always tried to use top quality herb, and the occasional hash that might appear every once in a while, though haven't had any in some time. I get the impression that this isn't anything like the Moroccan hash I was able to get back in the early 80's. I'd be surprised if that was 20% THC, nothing compared to the almost 80% of full-melt.

Last edited:

androponic

vaped.
Dabbing made easy thanks to Ispire, @VGOODIEZ and the kind contributers to this thread! Quick delivery and easy right out of the box. Set my first drop of live budder at 450, started cold, tasted amazing and packed a punch. Did a second at 460. Didn't get around to a third :) Gotta get a box of the wipes that came with the package. Made cleaning an absolute breeze (although the rim of the inner cup does get a little bit hot -- give it a few secs to cool a bit before grabbing it). I was a little weary of loading into the smallish sized cups but the supplied dab tool worked well in combination with one of those generic ss dab tools that come with just about every vape these days. Anyone toying with the thought of using concentrates and wondering what to use, I'd say look into the Daab. Hopefully the electronics are sound and it lasts.
for dealing with hot cups placing in and out of the daab these are priceless:

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have given up on AUTO mode with the Daab as it's function is way below expectations and from what I can tell, it seems as if the heater stops heating once it hits the approximate temp and cools down during your hit.

Manual mode is where it's at with the Daab!!
It works from the lowest temp available and provides the best hits from this device at the full temp range.

If I want to use AUTO mode, the temp has to be 550F of higher to get any vapor and then there is always a lot left over in the bucket, no matter dab size.

I have contacted CS and they sent new glass but do not want to talk about the base not functioning correctly. Not sure what that is all about.

It's a great little device that definately needs a lot of refinement and improvements to get it up to par with other similar devices.

In manual mode it pumps out amazingly flavorful vapor and is a pleasure to use!

GetLeft

I'm not an experienced dabber. Just pens and my enano up to now. I didn't mess around too much with my enano due to what appeared to me to be too much loss of material down the stem of the gong. This is my first dab-dedicated vaporizer. I figured I'd start off with auto at low temps and play around from there. My dab at 450 was whispy but gave me a benchmark first Daab hit. The jump to 460 was noticeable. I'll work on getting to 500+. Problem is 'working on' dabs can be slow work for me : )

OyVape

I use both modes, and always below 500, especially for mushier forms of material like hash rosin and badder. Maybe I’m a low temp cold start wimp but the Daab never has a problem with getting me plenty medicated!

I start out on Auto and always end up reheating multiple times on Manual mode. One cup lasts forever and is almost always tasty.

The only problem I‘veexperienced is that it randomly overheats. CS sent me a replacement unit immediately. But after a while, it has the same issue. Even after i wait the recommended 3 minutes between sessions. I just wonder if repeated heating is messing with whatever temp/timer controls in the unit.

Also, sometimes water somehow gets into the dab cup and the reclaim cup. I can’t see any cracks in any of the glass that would cause this.

I think I will contact them about this stuff, as they always respond immediately.

Texus

I have given up on AUTO mode with the Daab as it's function is way below expectations and from what I can tell, it seems as if the heater stops heating once it hits the approximate temp and cools down during your hit.

Manual mode is where it's at with the Daab!!
It works from the lowest temp available and provides the best hits from this device at the full temp range.

If I want to use AUTO mode, the temp has to be 550F of higher to get any vapor and then there is always a lot left over in the bucket, no matter dab size.

I have contacted CS and they sent new glass but do not want to talk about the base not functioning correctly. Not sure what that is all about.

It's a great little device that definately needs a lot of refinement and improvements to get it up to par with other similar devices.

In manual mode it pumps out amazingly flavorful vapor and is a pleasure to use!
Yeah, Daab is a much more complicated device in terms of design choices, parts etc affecting dab experience. There is something to be said for the great simplicity of the Wand.

At least until there is blow your mind glass available for the Daab. If anyone thinks current glass (when no defects) is already there, I'm all ears.

Texus,
Reactions: GetLeft

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If anyone thinks current glass (when no defects) is already there, I'm all ears.
Both of my glass parts function great (when you purchase thru Sourcemore you get a full set of spare glass!)
Since I swapped to a SiC dish this is nearly as good as my favourite portable dab rig.
There is something to be said for the great simplicity of the Wand.
Great for Vapcaps but I find the DAAB much easier/faster than setting up a full-blown rig to use the Wand, especially with a SiC cup hack. :2c:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
ispire_daab_kit_rainbow_4.jpg

New colour available soon, looks good but is more expensive than the black edition. :cry:
Sourcemore also sent me 2x replacement inner cups for the ones my ultrasonic cleaner devoured, Sourcemore also said Ispire advise against cleaning the inner cups in an ultrasonic cleaner as it can damage them...too true I say. :tup:

EanCognito

Daab at VGoodiEZ $175.00, Great price!
wasn't MSRP $300.00??

GetLeft

As soon as I got my Daab a while back I had to make a road trip. I brought it with me for the trip but due to the circumstances I was in I ended up using liquid live resin carts (for the first time) pretty much exclusivley. They can be potent! I was in a llr daze for most of that trip and have been digging the carts ever since but the Daab hits significantly heavier.

I've been using it at 470. The tiny water tank can't cool the vapor enough for me when set at 500. 470 still gives me good hits. And instead of forcing myself to finish a dab, I've started taking one good hit and hitting the power button once to stop it from heating the entire preset time. I can come back in a little while and finish what's left and still clean it up in a snap. It says something about switching bowls and finishing within 3 mins. But I don't find doing those things to be necessary. Quite a powerful and convenient concentrate device :tup:

Top Bottom