• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ispire Daab

VirginVape10X

The smell appears to emanate more from within the heating chamber itself and not simply the rubber ring. But without taking it apart, won’t really know.
That sure looks like 2-part 'clear' epoxy, I just repaired a Peak glass attachment with it,
View attachment 14924
That is some pretty poor QC you have there @VirginVape10X, hopefully, your seller will look after you. :tup:

@VirginVape10X that glass definitely looks repaired and that cap is not sitting correctly for sure. Joints on mine are fairly clean but a few small bubbles.

Have you located the source of the smell? Ask only because I noticed the top black rubber ring around the heater does emit a slight “plastic/rubber” odor. It’s not noticeable unless I put my nose close, and have yet to taste in the dab. Doesn’t seem to get any stronger during heating. Will keep an eye (nose) on this and can’t wait to hear from other new owners.

The smell appears to emanate more from within the heating chamber itself and not simply the rubber ring. But without taking it apart, won’t really know.

Want to provide a quick update. Ispire customer service was great. They honored my warranty claim and sent me a much better looking device in a timely manner. However, I realized that I’m not a fan of dabbing off borosilicate glass and prefer Sic or AlN, which aren’t currently options for the Daab. So, I’ll probably either gift it to my husband’s son (early birthday present since already covered Christmas), sell it, or trade (another induction erig - Dr. Dabber Switch?). Shame since unit is practically new. Merely charged batteries, cleaned glass with 99% ACS grade ISO and ran one heat cycle to burn off. Guess I’m ultra sensitive to taste and smell that taking a hit with just distilled water and an empty chamber with no concentrate still was off-putting and felt would tarnish the flavor of my tasty rosin.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Want to provide a quick update. Ispire customer service was great. They honored my warranty claim and sent me a much better looking device in a timely manner. However, I realized that I’m not a fan of dabbing off borosilicate glass and prefer Sic or AlN, which aren’t currently options for the Daab. So, I’ll probably either gift it to my husband’s son (early birthday present since already covered Christmas), sell it, or trade (another induction erig - Dr. Dabber Switch?). Shame since unit is practically new. Merely charged batteries, cleaned glass with 99% ACS grade ISO and ran one heat cycle to burn off. Guess I’m ultra sensitive to taste and smell that taking a hit with just distilled water and an empty chamber with no concentrate still was off-putting and felt would tarnish the flavor of my tasty rosin.
I’m sure someone is feverishly working on SIC and AIN inserts, just a matter of time. Keeping my eye on the feedback on this rig, definitely intrigued. Sucks the included cups don’t work for you.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
ran one heat cycle to burn off.
Maybe try a few more burn offs, I usually flatten a set of batteries on each new device I get before using.
Quartz is inert so should taste great...just not as easy to maintain as SiC or AIN.
Also, the silicon needs to off-gas a bit by the sound of it...like new car stink, some vapes are really bad for this and the silicon needs leaving on a window sill for a few days or even a stint in the oven to finish 'curing'(my Tera silicon was awful and needed both sun and oven to cure)

VirginVape10X

Maybe try a few more burn offs, I usually flatten a set of batteries on each new device I get before using.
Quartz is inert so should taste great...just not as easy to maintain as SiC or AIN.
Also, the silicon needs to off-gas a bit by the sound of it...like new car stink, some vapes are really bad for this and the silicon needs leaving on a window sill for a few days or even a stint in the oven to finish 'curing'(my Tera silicon was awful and needed both sun and oven to cure)
Although I attempted to air out for a couple of days, the smell returned after the additional burn offs that were recommended. Also would have preferred a true quartz glass bucket over the boro glass buckets it currently comes with per manufacturer website. Since boro isn’t 99% SiO2 like quartz, maybe it isn’t as inert as quartz (because boro contains boron oxides)? I’m not a material scientist so purely speculating, but seeing as how I already have the Wand, which I currently use as an IH for my assortment of vapcaps, I’m fine with waiting for alternative buckets for my Wand, which I can use through my favorite glass pieces. Time to find the Daab a new home that’ll appreciate it and actually use it as opposed to collecting dust and becoming an expensive paper weight.

Just ordered one of these from CCV for $225 (code 'thanks' for 25% off, still working).

Can someone measure the diameter of the cup for carb cap size ? Want to order an extra one, thinking the Zach Brown V2 25mm but not sure if that is the correct fit.

Already have the Dr Dabber Switch and Puffco Peak Pro, and will post up my thoughts on the Daab once it's here and I've given it a workout. Brief thoughts on the others:

Switch with ALN cup, bubble cap, and Sidewinder glass. This is my go-to unit. I use it with live rosin or sugar/diamonds at 440 in crystal mode. Sometimes I use higher temps (540) in which case I drop it 20 degrees on each subsequent reheat. Battery life is superb, and although proprietary it can be replaced when exhausted. It's a really well engineered unit, heat fast via induction, and seems very durable. Reliability has been 100% - always has charge, ready to go, and never fails me.

The Puffco Pro is for travel. I use it with the ball cap, JCVAP ICA (ALN cup and extra hot heater), and Ryan Fitt glass. Unfortunately the ICA atomizer connection is finicky and the battery capacity is low, requiring frequent recharges, and it is not user replaceable. Beautifully designed unit, if maybe a bit form over function, and transports great with the included case. Reliability has been an issue, after detaching and cleaning the ICA/cup, it often won't detect the atomizer until I tweak the contacts using a tweezers or small screwdriver. It does seem to work reliably with the original atomizer, though, so cannot blame Puffco for that. But it's important to me to have a removable cup that I can thoroughly clean/torch to new condition whenever needed.

The Daab looks to be a nice compromise between the two, with induction heating and replaceable batteries. Hopefully an ALN cup will be available soon from Ispire or others - it's the perfect cup material based on my experience with the Switch & Peak Pro.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I must say this is the first vape the packaging is worth talking about, a nice carry case for sure and the mouse pad with instructions was a cool idea.
All the glass seems good, the carb cap is quite thick, better than most of my cheap ass DHGate offerings anyway, and some of them have survived concrete bouncing. :uhoh:
The large carb makes you keep the load size and draw speed down as it can act as a cold terp slurper and get coated with rosin oil.
A normal-sized dab seems fine but these cups seem the same as the Ispire Wand version just deeper and without the vapor slots so this should make them more sturdy as I had cracked a Wand version at that slit. :2c:
My first dab was at 500f and needed a manual reheat to finish that is done by holding the 'fire' button for 15 seconds, no scorch and all gone with a couple of iso q-tips and ready to go (after cooling so temps are at least close)
I find using 2x q-tips to remove the bowl to place the DAAB bowl in the Wand banger makes them easier to handle and clean while hot as the DAAB bowl sits quite deep unless you remove the main water piece and that may lead to extra chances of breakages.
So far so good though, seemed easier to 'learn' than the Wand so will be great for beginners/new dabbers.
Sourcemore also sent as a bonus that was posted separately and took an extra few days to arrive,
2x cups
1xmain glass
1x carb cap
1/reclaim cup
So a spare everything glass!
Luckily the spare carb cap is shorter and does not work like a cold terp slurper.:tup:
Edit, also extra 10% off...coupon 'SPRING'

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I just did some battery testing with the Ispire OG v LG HG2.
The internal resistance as read by my Nitecore SC4 shows the Ispire batteries are good, the same as my 2 year old LG examples (50-60m/ohm) but their capacity is quite a bit less. Only 19x 475f full heat cycles(over 3 minutes apart) for the Ispire compared to 26x 475f similar heat cycles @ 475f with the LGs and after draining in the DAAB I found the capacity when recharged to be about 450mah less per battery...around 1850mah useable for the OG batteries in the Ispire and around 2300mah useable with the LG in the Ispire before the unit shuts off with low battery.
The batteries were not fully depleted so the unit looks like it will make your batteries last quite well. :tup:

ugotmale

I just did some battery testing with the Ispire OG v LG HG2.
The internal resistance as read by my Nitecore SC4 shows the Ispire batteries are good, the same as my 2 year old LG examples (50-60m/ohm) but their capacity is quite a bit less. Only 19x 475f full heat cycles(over 3 minutes apart) for the Ispire compared to 26x 475f similar heat cycles @ 475f with the LGs and after draining in the DAAB I found the capacity when recharged to be about 450mah less per battery...around 1850mah useable for the OG batteries in the Ispire and around 2300mah useable with the LG in the Ispire before the unit shuts off with low battery.
The batteries were not fully depleted so the unit looks like it will make your batteries last quite well. :tup:

Les,

You have the Daab, DabLamp & Qomo with the quartz atty, which would you recommend for starting with high quality live rosin?

cheers
ugo

ugotmale,
Reactions: Whisper

LesPlenty

Company Rep
which would you recommend for starting with high quality live rosin?
PM sent
Also, I have given up on SimpleGreen soaking with the Daab concentrate cups as it just takes too long and I have reverted to torching the quartz instead, not ideal but it seems the only real-world way of keeping up...and I have 4x cups for it.
I only run the Daap at 475f and wait the full 3 minutes before re-heating (I only re-heat once) but I keep getting a dark ring at the bottom of the cup where the walls meet the floor that is very stubborn to remove.
Edit, Careful if you torch clean, I am not going to anymore as I just had the bottom blow-out of one I was cleaning...went off with a little pop!

Last edited:

Adobewan

PM sent
Also, I have given up on SimpleGreen soaking with the Daab concentrate cups as it just takes too long and I have reverted to torching the quartz instead, not ideal but it seems the only real-world way of keeping up...and I have 4x cups for it.
I only run the Daap at 475f and wait the full 3 minutes before re-heating (I only re-heat once) but I keep getting a dark ring at the bottom of the cup where the walls meet the floor that is very stubborn to remove.
Edit, Careful if you torch clean, I am not going to anymore as I just had the bottom blow-out of one I was cleaning...went off with a little pop!
My Wand cups get the dark rings as well, but not my Daab cups. They stay clean for some reason.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I am not 100% sure but I am thinking the black circle viewed from the bottom may be reflections of build-up on the walls of the cup that can form from splashes if too big a dab is loaded.
I sometimes do a third reheat on a load that I probably should not have (not wanting to waste any material) and this may not be helping me.
Edit,
No wonder I could see stuff in the bottom when viewed from under the cup, I am now down to 2 inner cups as one just came apart where it looks to have been joined and I thought I saw condensation (and vapor build up) in the one that blew out when torched,
And here is the one that 'popped',

Last edited:
LesPlenty,
  • Wow
Reactions: Adobewan
finally got the Daab, took a few weeks because of shipping delays (supposedly because PACT act) and UPS ground being rather slow.

the device hits HARD... harder than the Switch or Peak Pro IMO. And I say that using it only at 440 degrees - which is my preferred temp on the other devices (crystal mode on Switch w/ ALN, and on Peak Pro with JCVAP ICA w/ extra hot heater & ALN). water capacity is quite small and it does make me cough some, which I rarely do with the others at that temp. I only cold load with high quality concentrates (live rosin badder, or diamonds/ambrosia/sugar).

battery life is in between the Switch and Peak Pro, probably worthwhile to get some extra 18650 batteries (any suggestions for best brand/amp/mAh rating?) and external charger. USB-c charging is great (wish the Switch had it) although on the Daab it only seems to work with low wattage cell phone chargers, and not higher wattage laptop chargers.

size and portability are also in between the Switch and Peak Pro. included pelican-style case is great for travel. definitely more complex w/ lots of glass pieces unlike the PP, but very easily to assemble/disassemble.

the display/controls are very basic like a cheap box mod, but are adequate. no app like the peak pro.

quality is good - no issues with the device or glass. materials generally seem cheaper than Switch or Peak Pro, not unexpected as it is a lower cost unit. hopefully more glass and cup options will be available at some point, and if iSpire releases a more premium version at higher price point (kind of like the Peak Pro was to the Peak), I'd certainly be a customer.

anyway, with discount I say is a no-brainer to have one. in fact, if I only could have a single e-rig, given how hard this hits and that is equally suitable for home or travel, this might be 'the one'. For me, the Switch will remain my preferred unit for home use, the Peak Pro for use in the backyard and walking around (no glass pieces to fall off and break), and Daab will go on trips.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Picked up some Samsung 25R
They are a good battery also just a bit lower capacity, Sony VTC6 is another 3000mah high drain battery that works the same as the LG HG2 in my testing with vapes. Not sure about US sellers but there is a thread on 18650 batteries somewhere that lists good/reputable sellers.

LesPlenty,

Berzzerkker

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Troy and Jerry talked a bit about the Daab on their livestream tonight. Troy's comments here have me wanting to consider getting the Daab. The video should start at 1:03:15, which is where Troy pulls it out and starts talking about it. (you're welcome, Posts Taken out of Context thread):

(**edit** for some reason the link keeps making the video start something like 39 seconds earlier than I want it to and I don't know why. Oh well. We'll live)

Top Bottom