• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ispire Daab

someTooL

@VirginVape10X that glass definitely looks repaired and that cap is not sitting correctly for sure. Joints on mine are fairly clean but a few small bubbles.

Have you located the source of the smell? Ask only because I noticed the top black rubber ring around the heater does emit a slight “plastic/rubber” odor. It’s not noticeable unless I put my nose close, and have yet to taste in the dab. Doesn’t seem to get any stronger during heating. Will keep an eye (nose) on this and can’t wait to hear from other new owners.

Last edited:

VirginVape10X

@VirginVape10X that glass definitely looks repaired and that cap is not sitting correctly for sure. Joints on mine are fairly clean but a few small bubbles.

Have you located the source of the smell? Ask only because I noticed the top black rubber ring around the heater does emit a slight “plastic/rubber” odor. It’s not noticeable unless I put my nose close, and have yet to taste in the dab. Doesn’t seem to get any stronger during heating. Will keep an eye (nose) on this and can’t wait to hear from other new owners.
The smell appears to emanate more from within the heating chamber itself and not simply the rubber ring. But without taking it apart, won’t really know.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, @VirginVape10X are you sure the carb cap isn't designed to sit with the long fine tube up and the shorter&larger down into the cup?

It's too bad we haven't got a @VGOODIEZ in Europe... there is a few nice shops but none selling all that innovatives&artisans gear like he does.
Got the confirmation they are not planning to sell the Daab out of North America... for now at least!

anasrzi

Do you simply not ship to Europe then @VGOODIEZ or is it a case that ispire don't want vendors doing so? Shame in any case as they are missing out, clearly not the only guy keen on the unit.

anasrzi,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Do you simply not ship to Europe then @VGOODIEZ or is it a case that ispire don't want vendors doing so? Shame in any case as they are missing out, clearly not the only guy keen on the unit.
We ship worldwide but unfortunately not all products. This is one of them we cannot ship. All international shipments require a description of contents. Its illegal or against the terms of service to ship this type of product with any of the carriers. Beyond that shipping batteries is a no no so your only choice is to mislead customs and the carrier as to the contents. Its just not something we can risk.

someTooL

If it wasn’t totally obvious, this works with the Dynavap. More like a desktop IH. Maybe just drop a 18/14 adapter in for guidance but I’ve been free balling like with the wand.

I tried a few this morning just for science and to see if there was any smell. Repeated a few caps with nothing coming from the unit.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Got my Daab from @VGOODIEZ a day early and man am I impressed. Great case, great fit and finish (as we say in the land of guitars), a breeze to set up and use, and easy to clean.

I’ve already messaged two of my friends to nudge them in the Daab’s direction.

I’ll definitely be using concentrates more regularly. But that’s ok. One Daab after brunch has had me very productive in the studio all afternoon.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Well, that did not take long...for the rest of the planet...
1638879279784.png
Code...pre10 makes it a bit cheaper,
Also extra for early pre order peeps (they must know about the breakages :lol: ),
SPECIAL OFFER: Buy 1 Kit Get An Extra Set of Free Accessories

Free Accessories List:
1*Carb Cap
1*Reclaim Cup
1*Inner Cup for Concentrate 2pcs
1*Water Chamber/Carrier Cup

Tempting.

Edit, too tempting, I am in, no idea when they will have them but Sourcemore has been good for me.

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Well, that did not take long...for the rest of the planet...
View attachment 15024
Code...pre10 makes it a bit cheaper,
Also extra for early pre order peeps (they must know about the breakages :lol: ),
SPECIAL OFFER: Buy 1 Kit Get An Extra Set of Free Accessories

Free Accessories List:
1*Carb Cap
1*Reclaim Cup
1*Inner Cup for Concentrate 2pcs
1*Water Chamber/Carrier Cup

Tempting.

Edit, too tempting, I am in, no idea when they will have them but Sourcemore has been good for me.
I think you'll be very happy when it arrives. It's the first concentrate device I've owned that I really enjoy. Easy to use and easy to maintain. It's a seriously nice piece of kit.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I wasn't expecting the $299 price (coupon notwithstanding). What's the advantage of the Daab compared to older portable erigs? Is this the first induction one? Have we dispensed with replacing coils, etc?

Concentrates are mostly too expensive for me so the last time I was tempted was when the Stache did that $120 Rio sale.

Texus

I wasn't expecting the $299 price (coupon notwithstanding). What's the advantage of the Daab compared to older portable erigs? Is this the first induction one? Have we dispensed with replacing coils, etc?

Concentrates are mostly too expensive for me so the last time I was tempted was when the Stache did that $120 Rio sale.
Induction is the biggie. Not the first (that would be the excellent Dr Dabber Switch), and not the first from iSpire even (that would be the also amazing Wand).

Great to not have to deal with atomizers. And it is more compact than Switch. But IIRC Switch actually detects temp which this does not. And with built-in magnet in glass you are less likely to get aftermarket third-party glass for this one.

ChooChooCharlie

Recall that Troy broke his Switch heating vapcaps

Dr Dabber dictum: don't do dat

Think it's just a Switch problem, or other induction rigs too?

ChooChooCharlie,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Texus

Recall that Troy broke his Switch heating vapcaps

Dr Dabber dictum: don't do dat

Think it's just a Switch problem, or other induction rigs too?
Good reminder.

I had been thinking that the Switch might be perfect for the Anvil due to its power and size of the opening. Probably safer to go with my SLK "dental wax IH" instead, which also has a wider diameter opening.

ChooChooCharlie

Umm…but doesn’t the daab have adjustable temps like Switch?

While Wand does not?

Recall switch error occurred due to insertion of metal mass inconsistent with chip temp regulation designed response?

ChooChooCharlie,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I doubt the Daab is actually temp-controlled, the same as the Wand just a timed experience with an extrapolated temp for a guide on the display...waiting for confirmation on this.

SixStringToker

Naked member
I doubt the Daab is actually temp-controlled, the same as the Wand just a timed experience with an extrapolated temp for a guide on the display...waiting for confirmation on this.
It's definitely time-based. You'll really only ever nail the set temp once and that requires a cold start and the exact temperature and humidity settings that Ispire had during their setup/calibration.

As far as I can tell, it's the wand electronics stuffed into a different form factor; the display/control panel looks like the exact same hardware. It has all of the quirks and fussiness of the wand in a form factor that's better for doing dabs.

If you're willing to put in the time to learn those quirks and develop some Daab-specific techniques, this thing can be a little champ.

Jah75

It has come in, I really like the feel of the device, everything is well built and assembled. I’m in the dialing in phase right now. I vacillate between scorched earth and golden pools so the average at least is pretty great. I do think I will like it quite a bit once I nail it down. It already blows the doors off the other erigs I have tried

Last edited:
Top Bottom