Is vaporizing REALLY healthier for you?

blackstone

When I got a few blood related medical issues and clotting they said it was likely my underlying illness making my blood thick, as that was a known symptom, but I did wonder if it could have been the oil droplets I had been absorbing since switching to vapes incl. reclaim.
I'm on thinners since.
Probably just my illness as I dont hear much of others suffering the same here.

Also remember, most Europeans and some Americans mix in tobacco in high ratios when smoking and then smoke it all without filters, so vaping is going to eliminate all that (Unless they continue with cigarettes). Must be much better!
I have no regular coughing or clearing anymore like my still smoking family members and my sense of smell came back big time after a year. I can now smell flowers and even the earth when I'm cycling like when I was young, and can smell things miles away!
Maybe that was the tobacco I used too but I'll never go back now!

This is definitely an issue, you can really tell when cleaning glass, all those little tiny ground herb particulates wash out in the alcohol.
I get large amounts of particles passing through with my direct draw convection only vapes, even making it through a 3ft whip, maybe from the stirring and loose pack with airflow combined.
With other vapes I often use liquid pads and get none.
S&B make extra fine Volcano screens and they work very well for the debris in convection vapes but they are difficult to cut to perfect size and shape for smaller bowls.
I thought they even improved clouds in some cases because everything that needs to be vaped stays in the bowl, with none going flying through the screen!
They're paper thin and you almost need to use a regular screen behind them for support.
I've run marathons as a smoker, ultramarathons and triathlons. Possible.
Years ago in my school the kids had soccer cards/sticker albums where the players that didn't smoke had a little non-smoking logo printed on their cards, obviously in a bid to reduce smoking in youths at the time. But my first thought was,
"You mean there's a large percentage of pro soccer players running around that DO smoke?!" That was the eighties though.

@Polarbearboy I'm not old enough to remember those tv adverts but I do remember a local doctor that smoked a huge stinking cigar in between each bite of food next to us in the restaurant a lot! And the cinemas and bars, even our house and a hospital I stayed at once, filled with stinging smoke! Thankfully they stopped all that carry on. Except for private homes!

shopdognyc

When I got a few blood related medical issues and clotting they said it was likely my underlying illness making my blood thick, as that was a known symptom, but I did wonder if it could have been the oil droplets I had been absorbing since switching to vapes incl. reclaim.
I'm on thinners since.
Probably just my illness as I dont hear much of others suffering the same here.

Also remember, most Europeans and some Americans mix in tobacco in high ratios when smoking and then smoke it all without filters, so vaping is going to eliminate all that (Unless they continue with cigarettes). Must be much better!
I have no regular coughing or clearing anymore like my still smoking family members and my sense of smell came back big time after a year. I can now smell flowers and even the earth when I'm cycling like when I was young, and can smell things miles away!
Maybe that was the tobacco I used too but I'll never go back now!

I get large amounts of particles passing through with my direct draw convection only vapes, even making it through a 3ft whip, maybe from the stirring and loose pack with airflow combined.
With other vapes I often use liquid pads and get none.
S&B make extra fine Volcano screens and they work very well for the debris in convection vapes but they are difficult to cut to perfect size and shape for smaller bowls.
I thought they even improved clouds in some cases because everything that needs to be vaped stays in the bowl, with none going flying through the screen!
They're paper thin and you almost need to use a regular screen behind them for support.

Years ago in my school the kids had soccer cards/sticker albums where the players that didn't smoke had a little non-smoking logo printed on their cards, obviously in a bid to reduce smoking in youths at the time. But my first thought was,
"You mean there's a large percentage of pro soccer players running around that DO smoke?!" That was the eighties though.

@Polarbearboy I'm not old enough to remember those tv adverts but I do remember a local doctor that smoked a huge stinking cigar in between each bite of food next to us in the restaurant a lot! And the cinemas and bars, even our house and a hospital I stayed at once, filled with stinging smoke! Thankfully they stopped all that carry on. Except for private homes!
I knew a guy I did trail races with. Former heroine addict, chain smoker two packs a day. Runs a 2:30 marathon. Go figure.

ChooChooCharlie

Confession: I smoked Camels, non-filter like a man for 25 years -- both my physical and mental health score tip-top off the charts, way outta normal range

camel-ads.jpg

blackstone

Confession: I smoked Camels, non-filter like a man for 25 years -- both my physical and mental health score tip-top off the charts, way outta normal range

camel-ads.jpg
OMG the no filter, strong tobacco type. They made us feel more like a hard man or smth!?
Not sure if I had those in particular but Gitanes sans filtre from France had hard as nails strength tobacco inside with no tip, ack!
The sweepings of the floor in it from what my lungs could tell!
Smoking was so prevalent not long ago, it's strange to see a youth smoking now but still possible.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

camel-ads.jpg
Thanks for posting the old Camel ads with doctors. I smoked Luckies(and English Ovals, Pall Malls, Chesterfields, all unfiltered) from the time I was 12 or 13 until I was 65, more than 50 years, just over a pack a day for most of that time starting when I was 15 and working my first paying job. I always said to myself that at least I'd get a pure cancer rather than one all screwed up by the filters, that we now know did essentially nothing. Like you, I have a strong heart and strong lungs and until problems with my feet intervene, I was still spending hour snowshoeing up mountains, xc skiing for miles, and bicycling up steep mountain trails. That doesn't prove that smoking doesn't really cause harm, it only proves that there are exceptions. I never thought I'd make it to 60, and so went whole hog with cigarettes, dope, beer, and sex with kind women when I could get it. Today I'm in my mid-seventies, still bikin' up hills and still vaping away. And boy am I ever grateful that I finally gave up smoking both tobacco and weed: I believe that I wouldn't be having nearly as much fun if I were wheezing and coughing all the time, which I was already when I quit 7 and 6 years ago.

Top Bottom