Is vaporizing REALLY healthier for you?

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Look at the gunk on your vape. Look at the "reclaim" coating every surface of your bubbler. Think about what it takes to clean the vape or bubbler. Then think about that same material coating your lungs. I hope this isn't too logical. As to the expectorant effect of cannabis, its minor compared to the effect of putting resinous foreign substances into ones lungs. I'm not being critical: I've smoked or vaped dope for probably 50 of the last 53 years. But let's be honest. Same thing with alcohol: It isn't the best thing for us, can be harmful, but it is so damn enjoyable that God wouldn't have created it if he didn't want us to imbibe!
Aren't lungs self cleaning though? It takes a while for reclaim to start forming on my mighty, so I feel like my lungs can self clean much faster than it takes reclaim to start coating my lungs

Corvoed,

Vaporware

I’m not arguing that vaporizing is harmless, and I do think we need to do better at filtering out herb particulates and stuff with a lot of vaporizers, but I can say that after about 6 1/2 years of using dry herb vaporizers (never smoked anything, never tried cannabis before) I feel like my lungs are just as good as when I started.

I should add though that I’m a fairly light user (probably ~0.2g per day on average), and I have got some temporary wheezing symptoms at times (after particularly large and harsh hits mostly). It’s never been a real issue for me though, and I rarely cough at all let alone cough anything up.

I think that edibles and topicals are great alternatives, but I get my best results from a combination of topicals, edibles and vapor so I plan to keep it in the arsenal for the foreseeable future.

justcametomind

If we are building up reclaim in our lungs as fast and as permanently as inside vapes/glass pieces we are basically fucked. But I’m concerned as well. The tissue test may be misleading because we all have already seen it applied to smoking and we may think it’s the same thing while hopefully it is not. If I had the same amount of reclaim I see accumulating on my vapes/pieces I think I will have just a few weeks left.
sick rock GIF by Chkn

If there was a time when I felt bad about my lungs/phlegm it was when I did concentrates quite regularly.

justcametomind,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I should add though that I’m a fairly light user (probably ~0.2g per day on average), and I have got some temporary wheezing symptoms at times (after particularly large and harsh hits mostly). It’s never been a real issue for me though, and I rarely cough at all let alone cough anything up.

Frequency and amount makes a difference for sure. I'm microdosing about .25g a day (and ~5ml of e juice), I used to kill 40 to 60 cigs & ~10 joints a day. I'm sure more frequent / hard usage can irritate the respiratory system quite a bit (though I doubt it ever comes close to the harm of smoking).

But I do sometimes cough and it never really worries me. I very much agree with @nopapers_justvapors

If the coughing is to clear the throat, I wouldn't necessarily say you can't handle the hit, but if you're choking on it, it's a different story.

But yeah, when it comes to „coughing up stuff“, I'd be concerned. Never happened to me since I switched.

vapirtoo

I'm 68 and have been smoking weed since 18.
I've been vaping for the last ten years and my
lungs feel more flexible, with an increase in aerobic
activities.
If that reclaim gunk stayed in our air-sacs, we all would
have been asphyxiated years ago.
Please understand that I actually hate being addicted
and I know it is not great for my health ,but at least
I'm stuck with the safest drug in the world and the greatest
forum!
Oh yeah concentrates make me hack like crazy.

Kins

If we are building up reclaim in our lungs as fast and as permanently as inside vapes/glass pieces we are basically fucked.

We are not building up reclaim in our lungs. That's absolutely ridiculous. It's a kin to a dad saying to his child, if you keep eating cookies, you're going to turn into one!. Most understand that's a joke and no one, well maybe not no one but anyone with a working brain knows it's a joke.

Kins,

MinnBobber

This is definitely an issue, you can really tell when cleaning glass, all those little tiny ground herb particulates wash out in the alcohol.

ABV dust is what I call it. That is why I use a filter in most of my vapes. Usually some hemp paper tea filter , cut to fit my miniVAP Flexicone modules.
Prior to this, like @invertedisdead said, glass had tiny herb particles.
With this tiny filter, glass is 99% golden goo😀

Kins

Where does it go?

I remember seeing dissected smokers lungs in school, pretty gross.

I don't know but I don't think it changes form from a vapor to a solid. Like that other guy said, if it actually did that people would be dropping like flies.

Kins,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The tissue test thing, yeah it depends on the vape and mouthpiece? So many variables? Like if I'm using a proper right angle j-hook, it's catching all the debris, plant matter is a different thing than actual vapor, right??

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Vaporware

We are not building up reclaim in our lungs. That's absolutely ridiculous. It's a kin to a dad saying to his child, if you keep eating cookies, you're going to turn into one!. Most understand that's a joke and no one, well maybe not no one but anyone with a working brain knows it's a joke.

I guess if you want to be human...?

animation domination fox GIF by gifnews

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The tissue test thing, yeah it depends on the vape and mouthpiece? So many variables? Like if I'm using a proper right angle j-hook, it's catching all the debris, plant matter is a different thing than actual vapor, right??

The tissue test doesn’t depend on the vape nor the mouthpiece.

And I doubt a Jhook could stop all debris, even my double perc bong - with two separate water filters shows plant particulate in the neck if I look close enough.

shredder

I don't know but I don't think it changes form from a vapor to a solid. Like that other guy said, if it actually did that people would be dropping like flies.

Well it changes from vapor to solids on the side of pipes, in mouth pieces, and even on heavy users teeth, but your saying it wouldn't in your lungs? Doesn't sound logical.

Im sure it does, but our lungs have the ability to heal themselves, if given a chance. Plus the cannabis itself might thwart many of the negative effects of vapor. So even if cannabis vapor is harmful, people aren't dropping like flies.

But for people like me with asthma, or folks with copd, chronic bronchitis and other breathing or lung problems any irritants can be harmful, be it dust, pollen or vapor/smoke.

So for me, and other people with lung/airway issues, eating more cannabis and vaping less makes sense.

shredder,
Reactions: vapirtoo

west-elec

Before prohibition in Australia they used to sell 'Joy's cigarettes' made with 100% ''cannabis indica' which in those days meant weed from India, not some kush or hash plant, probably southern Indian sativa, whole plants chopped and rolled into thin joints. They were a medical product sold to treat ASTHMA!
Cannabis is a vaso-dilator so once absorbed it opens airways and can actually relieve asthma symptoms and help clearing phlegm (the problem is also the cure- so this post is relevant to topic).
The crap delivery method would be hard to take mid episode if you can't breathe. If they had vaping tech back then maybe many lives would have been saved.
Just googled it, the package says "Agreeable to use, certainl in their effects, and harmless in their action they may be safely smoked by ladies or children" Hilarious

Shadooz

@shredder in fact, the irritation, if controled and temporary, do a part in the bronchiodilation that give cannabis.
Nervous stimulus will help self healing.
But it must stay superficial.

Stay low temp and eat your abv. I've never cough in years. But i always pass through water bubbler.
For residue i use #325 mesh as bowl (herborizer user), nothing can pass, and i can do kief..
A connoisseur tip i get since a long, i put my tongue up and let the flow pass below, it redirect it deep to the lungs, reduce the pressure on throat, can stop residue and give a better taste.

About the oiliness, high temp terps still can be harmfull due to their oily structure but if u're not abusing, u will take as much oil as just stand over a cooking set for minutes, i'm not even talking about people in the fast food industry...

Alexis

If there was a time when I felt bad about my lungs/phlegm it was when I did concentrates quite regularly.
As an extreme allergy sufferer and lover of cannabis, I was extremely disapponited and surpised/perplexed personally in 2018, when I bought a Dabpress, we grew a fantastic outdoor crop as well.

On paper, I was assuming I should be less allergic to, and more tolerant of pure rosin vapor, vs flower.

To my disbelief at the time, it proved to be the other way round. I could not tolerate the rosin vapor at all, experiencing a far greater allergy reaction and level of mucus congestion.

At the time I put it down to my crazy immune system simply "flagging" the rosin, as it typically illogically does, overeactively, to almost anythingnand everything.

But since that time, I have seen quite a few testimonies of people noticing respiratory side effects/symptoms from vaping concentrates, in numerous cases switching back to flower, or at least attempting to.

One point though- our water pieces have ZERO self cleaning ability lol.

Our survival depends on the innate self cleaning ability of our lungs.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
separate water filters shows plant particulate in the neck if I look close enough.
Store your buds at 63% humidity, do not grind as fine, and use a better filter in your vape.
I never get visible plant material particles in my bong water even with my WS using coarse filters for better airflow.
If you must have dry powdered bud try using dome double weave filters from Newvape.

Before prohibition in Australia they used to sell 'Joy's cigarettes'
My asthmatic uncle told me he used to have those as a child to help him breathe then they changed to those puffers so big pharma could cash in.

we grew a fantastic outdoor crop as well.

If I do not flush properly (indoor grower) my rosin will be chirpy and whenever I press outdoor buds for others it is a cough monster compared, still full of shit (fertilizer):2c:

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I bet it would be healthier at least hitting dry pipes vs vapes. Inhaling that much ash cant be good. Even if there were no healthy benefits I'd still choose vaping for flavor any day. Cant go back to boo boo mouth. Plus I wouldn't get to meet all you cool people lmao.

shredder

Before prohibition in Australia they used to sell 'Joy's cigarettes' made with 100% ''cannabis indica' which in those days meant weed from India, not some kush or hash plant, probably southern Indian sativa, whole plants chopped and rolled into thin joints. They were a medical product sold to treat ASTHMA!

Ive read that for years, not Joy cigarettes, but cannabis in general. I wish it were true for me. I said it before, but I think its the particulates in herbal vapor that irritates me. Maybe its not, but if not, what is causing irritation?

At the time I put it down to my crazy immune system simply "flagging" the rosin, as it typically illogically does, overeactively, to almost anythingnand everything.

I guess the conclusion is, we're all different. Simplistic but probably true. Ive had some bad reactions from metal coils in portable dap pipes and ti dishes on rigs too. The same with ejuice vapes. Other folks love em, go figure.

shopdognyc

Ive read that for years, not Joy cigarettes, but cannabis in general. I wish it were true for me. I said it before, but I think its the particulates in herbal vapor that irritates me. Maybe its not, but if not, what is causing irritation?

I guess the conclusion is, we're all different. Simplistic but probably true. Ive had some bad reactions from metal coils in portable dap pipes and ti dishes on rigs too. The same with ejuice vapes. Other folks love em, go figure.
At least you have edible options to help

Top Bottom