• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Is V.A.S. (Vaporizer Acquisition Syndrome) An Incurable Illness?

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
There is very little information about V.A.S. in the medical literature. Some insist that it can be cured, but I've seen no peer reviewed studies to corroborate this. Symptoms include:

1. Credit card pain
2. Sudden mood swings, i.e. going from joy to despair and back again while waiting for a pre-order
3. Significant other asking if you really need another vape and then refusing sex when you answer "yes"
4. Giggling like a little school girl (when you're really a middle aged man) upon getting a new vape

satyrday

There is very little information about V.A.S. in the medical literature. Some insist that it can be cured, but I've seen no peer reviewed studies to corroborate this. Symptoms include:

1. Credit card pain
2. Sudden mood swings, i.e. going from joy to despair and back again while waiting for a pre-order
3. Significant other asking if you really need another vape and then refusing sex when you answer "yes"
4. Giggling like a little school girl (when you're really a middle aged man) upon getting a new vape

Giggling is good for the soul, especially for a middle aged man. Significant other may especially like the school girl aspect (YMMV).

The cure is never fun, as it usually means you've run out of money. However, food is a poor substitute for vaping, so keep your priorities straight (or in line, however you want to put it).

EveryDayAmnesiac

1. Credit card pain

5. Visual & auditory hallucinations
6. Speaking in tongues
7. Increased appetite
8. Elbow baggins
9. Radio head
10. Spontaneous pregnancy :uhoh:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
There was hope that a cracking new invention known only as "the cloud" would be the silver bullet in the fight against the terrible waves of VAS that have been sweeping across the world.

Sadly, the mechanism behind traditional VAS has become immune to the wonders that the cloud performs, and has lead to a troubling variant of the disease:
bVAS - backup Vape Acquisition Syndrome

bVAS is a scary syndrome, since not only does the afflicted patient have a burning desire for new vapes, but they now must be in the same league as the cloud :uhoh:

goatgobaahh

My biggest problem, is that I am hoarder. I don't sell anything. So I continue to collect like a mad man and people are starting to talk :ninja:

Meh dont worry about it I got friends who do the same things with guns. They are still good guys its just they likes to collect. I tend to be the same way as well (with other things).

Thanks OP for starting this thread and everyone who is contributing I really needed a good laugh!!!:lol:

djonkoman

lately I've been suffering more from PAS, plant acquisition syndrome. I walk into a gardencentre for some cactus potting soil, and I walk out with 3 pepperplants(2 chili, 1 sweet), 4 varieties of mint(applemint, chocolatemint, bananamint and maroccan mint), rosemary and lavender. and 2 baggies of seeds(one from a variety of radish I was already looking for for a while)(and no cactus potting soil)
the upside though, PAS is way cheaper as VAS and GAS. (that last trip cost me about 20 euro), but it does take more room

chinaboy

Still learning this thing called Cannabis
I thought I was the only one suffering with this illness. It's been such a blessing to find a community of people afflicted with the same disease. For me, it's like I know that my vapor needs are already covered pretty well, but I still want to purchase other vaporizers to try them out. It defies logic, and it's expensive.

As there's no known cure, I guess I'll just have to do my best to bear up under this terrible disease. Thanks, once again, to this community for providing support to fellow sufferers.

goatgobaahh

I thought I was the only one suffering with this illness. It's been such a blessing to find a community of people afflicted with the same disease. For me, it's like I know that my vapor needs are already covered pretty well, but I still want to purchase other vaporizers to try them out. It defies logic, and it's expensive.

As there's no known cure, I guess I'll just have to do my best to bear up under this terrible disease. Thanks, once again, to this community for providing support to fellow sufferers.

FC support wristbands? For $1? All donations will go into a jackpot in which one winner will get to win a new vape!?!?

Likes2vape

I am glad to see I am not the only one with the dreaded VAS disease. It came on fast and strong with no warning. One day I was smoking a bong load and my body went into convulsions and begged for a vaporizer! That was the start of it and I am deep in VAS right now. The bank account is suffering and so have my diet but I have got to take care of this dreaded VAS I was recently stricken with.

I'm not sure if FC is my support group or is the cause my VAS but I'm glad to have found FC

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
5. Visual & auditory hallucinations
6. Speaking in tongues
7. Increased appetite
8. Elbow baggins
9. Radio head
10. Spontaneous pregnancy :uhoh:

I'd also add-

A sudden interest in delivery service timings in your area
Increased google searches on these delivery services
Tracking refresh fatigue
Real life Tetris in trying to find somewhere to put your empty vape boxes (I'm going to sell this in future, right guys?)
Increased wire management skills
Increased tolerance to the cheapest food available in supermarkets
Missing organs- I only need one kidney if I have a minivap
Bulk buying of 99% ISO
The feeling that the grass is always greener on the other thread.

shredder

I went 5+ years with one vape, a volcano. As was happy. Then early this year, I joined fuck combustion. I now have four vapes, and lately ive spent way too much time drooling on the UD thread.

This site is like an alky getting a taste tester job at the brewery.

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
This is an older thread that is more relevant than ever; because of the continued spread of Vaporization Acquisition Syndrome. The pace of design evolution and proliferation in vaporizers has quickened.

I do have some good news though. I thought recently that I might have this dreaded Syndrome. After substantial rationalization (works for me every time) I now realize that I must not be infected. Each vaporizer that I currently own, or have on order, or may later acquire through purchase, trade, or barter is and will be absolutely necessary. That is because they will each serve a unique purpose that I have or will carefully determine. (sounds presidential huh?)

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
You can only put VAS in remission, once VAS always VAS you know?

Honestly though it gets better with time IMO. Eventually you WILL have a vape for most every occasion and then it's easier to not buy them if you remember the redundancy......

The guy with 6 Underdogs saying remember the redundancy :lol:

Top Bottom