Is the lotus vape gone forever?

hoptimum

they are written basically on every can of Colibri Butane...the instructions say don't inhale the material..
I believe that refers to huffing it and not to inhaling combusted butane. Huffing is proven to be dangerous.

I've yet to see proof that ignited butane is dangerous. Would you please point me to that information?

hoptimum,

GoldenBud

I believe that refers to huffing it and not to inhaling combusted butane. Huffing is proven to be dangerous.

I've yet to see proof that ignited butane is dangerous. Would you please point me to that information?
I think if Colibri will have to write a warning about inhaling the heat from the flame, considering user cautious etc' etc', it MAY cause a problem for them, because:
-who knows which torches the users use? they don't want to get sued or something
-if they write a warning about this issue about consumption of burned butane usage, they will also need to write a warning about BHO makers. and that's not something they want/need to get involved with, business/health human resources etc'...
they just tell you not to inhale it, doesn't matter the temperature/pressure.

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

hoptimum

I think if Colibri will have to write a warning about inhaling the heat from the flame, considering user cautious etc' etc', it MAY cause a problem for them, because:
-who knows which torches the users use? they don't want to get sued or something
-if they write a warning about this issue about consumption of burned butane usage, they will also need to write a warning about BHO makers. and that's not something they want/need to get involved with, business/health human resources etc'...
they just tell you not to inhale it, doesn't matter the temperature/pressure.

huffing unignited butane has been proved to be a health hazard through numerous studies.

But can you please point me to at least one study or peer reviewed report that documents the health hazard of inhaling combusted butane so that I might make an informed decision? Thanks in advance

hoptimum,

GoldenBud

But can you please point me to at least one study or peer reviewed report that documents the health hazard of inhaling combusted butane so that I might make an informed decision? Thanks in advance
if you are being told by the company "don't inhale the material" at 25C, ofcourse they don't suggest you to use it after burning it in 900C.. didn't find any research tho!

GoldenBud,

hoptimum

if you are being told by the company "don't inhale the material" at 25C, ofcourse they don't suggest you to use it after burning it in 900C.. didn't find any research
search PubMed

Those studies reference BHO and liquified petroleum gas, not combusted butane from a torch. It’s not the same.

I’m asking for documented evidence regarding the health risks of ignited butane so I can decide whether it’s dangerous. Have you found any such studies?

GoldenBud

I’m asking for documented evidence regarding the health risks of ignited butane so I can decide whether it’s dangerous. Have you found any such studies?
it's still too early for science. the first "SBL-Like" vape was the Daisy back in 2014 or so? and Colibri is since 1928...
it's too early for the researchers to find out about this stuff.. before 2014 nobody tried to inhale combusted butane AFAIK hehe :)
I want a proper BHO so much , hope to get it soon...

GoldenBud,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
it's still too early for science.

I don't see that. I'd rather guess there are no studies on how dangerous butane vapes are because nobody sees the need for it.

One thing creating the need for such studies would be cases that suggest that there would be some kind of risk from inhaling „combusted“ butane via for example a Sticky Brick. From what I understand we haven't seen any signs of such risks yet.

GoldenBud

Before 2012, or when the guy had this idea, nobody had to inhale combusted butane.. no reason at all. so no need to research it, i think....
as years go by you can see more people often try to sell Diasy-Like vapes, so i think a research will be there, at some point. (Piro, OWW, SBL, Nova, Alan's butane new vape, Refc triple)
Don't get me wrong, I am waiting for the research as you guys do.... it's just too early...

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
as years go by you can see more people often try to sell Diasy-Like vapes, so i think a research will be there, at some point. (Piro, OWW, SBL, Nova, Alan's butane new vape, Refc triple)
Don't get me wrong, I am waiting for the research as you guys do.... it's just too early.

When you say Alan, I think you mean the Rogue wax works??

Alternatives to Lotus: Vapman, Anvil, VapCap maybe, Elev8r, Supreme?, Other similar DIY glass options (+ gn0me)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
New to this community yet long time lurker,

I've been searching for a lotus vape, even just the main unit so I can complete my portable set-up. Id even custom machine my own waterpipe adapter. I've seen discussion of people taking over the business but I would doubt the creator would give away his creation for others to go wild.

What have I missed about this? How long has the lotus existed? Any aftermarket suppliers with stock?

I apologize if this is a shit post but I am just genuinely curious and ashamed I missed the wave.

Sounds like you may want to look into a Vapman. They are butane-flame powered, like the Lotus. And, like the Lotus, the flame is not used in the airpath during the hit.

Folie1_1080x.png

Here's Sneaky Pete's review of the Vapman:

hoptimum

Before 2012, or when the guy had this idea, nobody had to inhale combusted butane.. no reason at all. so no need to research it, i think....
Don't get me wrong, I am waiting for the research as you guys do.... it's just too early...
I believe the Vapor Genie butane vape was introduced in 2002

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
You can still reach out to the owner, great guy!!

He was seeking a buyer last time I checked in, but I did not get the sense it was top priority- I believe he makes his living and his major focus is now making original art.
I hit him up about buying the company a couple weeks ago. He said he'd call me back; don't get your hopes too high--I'll follow up Mon (I'm not going to ruin the man's Easter!). As I've mentioned, I launch products and fell in love with Lotus. Lotus is a tremendous T.E.D. and I have a team of experienced people--including but not limited to a doctor, product and process engineer, 2 seasoned product developers, and a marketing psychologist--that are excited to grow Lotus vape into something huge. :)

I'm an experienced artist, and I understand moving away from a project. Mr. Steven's new art is fascinating, you should check out his instagram.

Last edited:

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
Maybe Anvil then, it's definitely small.

Yikes, glad I never bought it when I was looking in to those.
Oh wow oh wow oh wow, I think you just made my day, the anvil looks like an absolute beast. No offense to dynapvap owners but I have a fear with the Dynavap that overtime the cap would become useless. I’ve read too many posts of people commenting how the click is becoming quieter and quieter.

With the anvil apparently you can visibly see the click itself and the performance I just watched on a video looks fucking insane.

You just sold me I think I’m gonna buy an anvil now, it looks beefy as fuck, something that would last me forever, IM BUYING IT

I’m sure the dynavap os a great device but idk I just have this weird gut feeling that overtime it’s gonna become a paperweight, idk why, this is an irrational fear I suppose, the anvil just looks much better manufactured

Farid

I mean I've been running the same cap every day since 2017, and no change in how it clicks. I just keep it clean and don't overheat it.

But neither the vapcap or anvil is really anything like the lotus wrt how it hits. The lotus you heat while hitting, allowing you to really experience every level of flavor as the temperature rises. I made the mistake of selling mine because I got sick of torches dying, little did I know that I was filling them incorrectly. The only real downside to the lotus is I would combust more than with other vapes because I'd get greedy and push it. But that was also an early version from like 2014.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Die hard lotus user, FUCKING hate the Anvil.
Nothing comparable at all aside from the heat source.

Anvil will give you full extraction, as the lotus does, but you will NEVER capture the pure flavor and joy that the Lotus delivers. Go anvil if you just seek extraction at the expense of all else... it was not for me.

I get to the same full extraction levels in one of my lotus caps in 1-3 draws except I am in flavor HEAVEN with a lotus.

...I admit, I have not had the nuts to vape my opal embedded lotus. gonna have to bust it out for a special occasion this year.

You will find my anvil in the classifieds soon. Hit me up if you want to swipe one before the ad is placed...

Shit Snacks

I hit him up about buying the company a couple weeks ago. He said he'd call me back; don't get your hopes too high--I'll follow up Mon (I'm not going to ruin the man's Easter!). As I've mentioned, I launch products and fell in love with Lotus. Lotus is a tremendous T.E.D. and I have a team of experienced people--including but not limited to a doctor, product and process engineer, 2 seasoned product developers, and a marketing psychologist--that are excited to grow Lotus vape into something huge. :)

I'm an experienced artist, and I understand moving away from a project. Mr. Steven's new art is fascinating, you should check out his instagram.

If you do buy the Lotus company, please do not end up rebranding the product as a TED! :rofl:

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
If you do buy the Lotus company, please do not end up rebranding the product as a TED!
:rofl:
I'd love to hear your opinion: why do you not like "TED"? People think "Vape," either means "Juul" or "poison pen" by default, because of the media buzz. Just last week, I bypassed a dude's skepticism about vapes with "TED." It's tremendous in pitching to smokers.

Last edited:
VapePerson,
  • Sad
Reactions: Ramahs

Shit Snacks

I'd love to hear your opinion: why do you not like "TED"? People think "Vape," either means "Juul" or "poison pen" by default, because of the media buzz. Just last week, I bypassed a dude's skepticism about vapes with "TED." It's tremendous in pitching to smokers.

I think it sounds stupid AF, thermal extraction device is also pretty redundant, just call it aromatherapy and be done haha Don't let the vape ban win by making us come up with new overly scientific terms (I would think most people would be turned off by hearing thermal extraction device, and like I said the term Ted aside from already being Ted talks, is someone's name, or a teddy bear, sorry it's just such a fucking stupid name for herbal vaporizers imo)

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I think it sounds stupid AF, thermal extraction device is also pretty redundant, just call it aromatherapy and be done haha Don't let the vape ban win by making us come up with new overly scientific terms (I would think most people would be turned off by hearing thermal extraction device, and like I said the term Ted aside from already being Ted talks, is someone's name, or a teddy bear, sorry it's just such a fucking stupid name for herbal vaporizers imo)
No need to apologize. It's good to hear different opinions! :cheers:

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
Die hard lotus user, FUCKING hate the Anvil.
Nothing comparable at all aside from the heat source.

Anvil will give you full extraction, as the lotus does, but you will NEVER capture the pure flavor and joy that the Lotus delivers. Go anvil if you just seek extraction at the expense of all else... it was not for me.

I get to the same full extraction levels in one of my lotus caps in 1-3 draws except I am in flavor HEAVEN with a lotus.

...I admit, I have not had the nuts to vape my opal embedded lotus. gonna have to bust it out for a special occasion this year.

You will find my anvil in the classifieds soon. Hit me up if you want to swipe one before the ad is placed...
Sent you a PM

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,
Top Bottom