Is the lotus vape gone forever?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think it sounds stupid AF, thermal extraction device is also pretty redundant, just call it aromatherapy and be done haha Don't let the vape ban win by making us come up with new overly scientific terms (I would think most people would be turned off by hearing thermal extraction device, and like I said the term Ted aside from already being Ted talks, is someone's name, or a teddy bear, sorry it's just such a fucking stupid name for herbal vaporizers imo)
I always liked Alan's "Herbal Roasters".

hoptimum

I hit him up about buying the company a couple weeks ago. He said he'd call me back; don't get your hopes too high--I'll follow up Mon (I'm not going to ruin the man's Easter!). As I've mentioned, I launch products and fell in love with Lotus. Lotus is a tremendous T.E.D. and I have a team of experienced people--including but not limited to a doctor, product and process engineer, 2 seasoned product developers, and a marketing psychologist--that are excited to grow Lotus vape into something huge. :)

I'm an experienced artist, and I understand moving away from a project. Mr. Steven's new art is fascinating, you should check out his instagram.
I think the Lotus can be a commercial success if it’s marketed properly

GoldenBud

I agree. and the instructions of how to purge a torch ligther, before refilling, should be delivered to the customer in the manual that comes with the vape, and appears also in the web. also the tip to use premium butane only.

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Maybe I never really learned how to properly purge, torches are a tedious AF thing imo, which is a substantial part of why I don't use any of these vapes anymore, like ever really...

Farid

It makes a huge difference. Before I learned the importance of good butane and purging, torches would barely last. They'd run out quickly, after one or maybe 2 bowls. Then the poor quality butane would kill the torch after a few weeks.

Now I can make a torch last years and years, and one filling lasts like 10+ bowls. If you're getting wildly different results you may be doing something wrong.

The biggest sell of torches to me is that you can get so much more power in a smaller package than batteries. Then when they finally run out they can be refilled instantly, never any worry about charging, or carrying around extra batteries

Farid,
Reactions: Vapenvy

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It makes a huge difference. Before I learned the importance of good butane and purging, torches would barely last. They'd run out quickly, after one or maybe 2 bowls. Then the poor quality butane would kill the torch after a few weeks.

Now I can make a torch last years and years, and one filling lasts like 10+ bowls. If you're getting wildly different results you may be doing something wrong.

The biggest sell of torches to me is that you can get so much more power in a smaller package than batteries. Then when they finally run out they can be refilled instantly, never any worry about charging, or carrying around extra batteries

I'm always using high quality butane, they're not dying like that for me, but they always stop working, and none of them are perfect, it's also the tediousness of holding them with hand troubles and the strain and the aiming, it's just too much for me now... My battery powered devices give me so much more ease of use and consistency, never lacking for power these days either with so many such great options available, though if I'm carrying something around it's just going to be a little pen probably, though it's been a long time since I've been out and about like that, it just seems so tedious to bother with the herbal vape these days even though they are much better obviously!

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Maybe I never really learned how to properly purge, torches are a tedious AF thing imo, which is a substantial part of why I don't use any of these vapes anymore, like ever really...
It's pretty simple: Just turn the valve all the way open, press something like an aux cable in, holding for 5 seconds and then repeating until there's NO hiss. Then you turn the valve all the way closed and fill. I can't imagine you were screwing up though.
Now I can make a torch last years and years, and one filling lasts like 10+ bowls.
I've had torches last years but in the end they all die. Even zippos die eventually.
I'm always using high quality butane, they're not dying like that for me, but they always stop working, and none of them are perfect, it's also the tediousness of holding them with hand troubles and the strain and the aiming, it's just too much for me now... My battery powered devices give me so much more ease of use and consistency, never lacking for power these days either with so many such great options available, though if I'm carrying something around it's just going to be a little pen probably, though it's been a long time since I've been out and about like that, it just seems so tedious to bother with the herbal vape these days even though they are much better obviously!
I've got carpal tunnel, after a while of holding lighters, they start to hurt and it gets hard to maintain that grip. But if you have something that stays open without activating something, well now it's a fire risk. There's no win here.
Absolutely! I think Lotus could hit 5M in sales in a couple years of quality marketing. "Herbal roasters" could hit 1BN+ marketcap. The total DHV market is ~$125M; surprisingly S&B isn't dominant: ARIZER has 40% of the market. That's like MP3 players in 2003.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'd love to hear your opinion: why do you not like "TED"? People think "Vape," either means "Juul" or "poison pen" by default, because of the media buzz. Just last week, I bypassed a dude's skepticism about vapes with "TED." It's tremendous in pitching to smokers.

When I hear "TED", when referring to a vape designed to vaporize dry herb it just sounds like a company manufactured a gimmick to sell me. That's a turnoff for sure as far as I'm concerned.

Now, I currently understand why some companies are using the term TED to skirt around the ridiculous laws/restrictions. That's why I still buy Dynavap products, even though they use that stupid term...However, I only know about that because I am an enthusiast in the vaporizer hobby. If I didn't spend so much time here then I probably wouldn't be aware why they use the term TED and it would feel like a cheap sales gimmick to me, and I would look elsewhere for a product I felt was more honestly advertised as what it actually is. Unfortunately, most people are not enthusiasts who are educated in this hobby.

rollerskater

ive been through enough weird hobbies that goofy acronyms dont bother me. i think ted is kinda dumb but if its the name the industry is going with then thats the name the industry is going with. people i know who arent into vapes know dynavap and arizer, so if dynavap is a ted i dont think lotus being a ted should be too much of a problem. all it takes anyway is an entry at the bottom of the page explaining that its a device for extracting volatile compounds from organic material via thermal application. or whatever.

its not just the us either; a couple users in the anvil thread are having trouble getting theirs in austria cuz customs thinks its an ecig. if ted avoids snafus like that im pro ted.

lastly, as i alluded to earlier, ive been in a lot of goof troop hobbies, and the one thing thats a constant among all of them is that the people who are in deep enough to get on the forums and chat about buying stuff are almost completely separate from the general population lol. so what we think of ted on fc should only be weighted as the minority opinion of hypebeast vape freaks anyway :lol:

ps. i REALLY hope the lotus makes a comeback! it was my first vape and remains my favorite!

Last edited:
Top Bottom