Is the lotus vape gone forever?

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
New to this community yet long time lurker,

I've been searching for a lotus vape, even just the main unit so I can complete my portable set-up. Id even custom machine my own waterpipe adapter. I've seen discussion of people taking over the business but I would doubt the creator would give away his creation for others to go wild.

What have I missed about this? How long has the lotus existed? Any aftermarket suppliers with stock?

I apologize if this is a shit post but I am just genuinely curious and ashamed I missed the wave.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
You can still reach out to the owner, great guy!!

He was seeking a buyer last time I checked in, but I did not get the sense it was top priority- I believe he makes his living and his major focus is now making original art.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

You can still reach out to the owner, great guy!!

He was seeking a buyer last time I checked in, but I did not get the sense it was top priority- I believe he makes his living and his major focus is now making original art.
Interesting! I've seen his thread posted by a Manufacturer account. It doesn't seem he is active on this forum anymore however. Do you know of any points of contact? I can't find any information about Mark. I've sent him a PM and he last replied to the thread in March, just not sure how viable contact through FC is to him, maybe he was just curious and hops on every once in awhile.

Last edited:
HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,

GoldenBud

the Lotus is gone. the best vape overall in my arsenal.

get Woodscents. it's the same thing IMHO . put less than 0.05gr in a bowl and have a completely white-walled bong and great taste even on high temp. you can complete the bowl in 1 hit. the thing with the Lotus is that it hits hard with small amount + great taste overall, and the effects include the terpenes. if you microdose with Dynavap the THC speaks more than the terps (just an example....)

The Titanium cover does its magic.

the WS can hit with 0.1gr too, i just use my Lotus only for 0.05gr...up to.... micro!

if you're looking for high that rely on terps, and clouds, get it..

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Tweakz

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

the Lotus is gone. the best vape overall in my arsenal.

get Woodscents. it's the same thing IMHO . put less than 0.05gr in a bowl and have a completely white-walled bong and great taste even on high temp. you can complete the bowl in 1 hit. the thing with the Lotus is that it hits hard with small amount + great taste overall, and the effects include the terpenes. if you microdose with Dynavap the THC speaks more than the terps (just an example....)

The Titanium cover does its magic.

the WS can hit with 0.1gr too, i just use my Lotus only for 0.05gr...up to.... micro!

if you're looking for high that rely on terps, and clouds, get it..
I was about to pull the trigger on a stickybrick but after seeing the option to inhale no butane I crave this thing. While that does look like a nice device I am looking for something easily portable and small to use with my travel kit.

GoldenBud

I was about to pull the trigger on a stickybrick but after seeing the option to inhale no butane I crave this thing. While that does look like a nice device I am looking for something easily portable and small to use with my travel kit.
yeah SBL Junior is great portable, you inhale the products of the combustion of butane in 1000c so it will be like inhaling mostly CO2 + H2O and like 5-10 percent of butane that is goin through the reaction and couldn't react (the reaction is not 100% in the real world, so there's leftovers....)

bottom line is, it's 90%+ safe....

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Maybe Anvil then, it's definitely small.

yeah SBL Junior is great portable, you inhale the products of the combustion of butane in 1000c so it will be like inhaling mostly CO2 + H2O and like 5-10 percent of butane that is goin through the reaction and couldn't react (the reaction is not 100% in the real world, so there's leftovers....)

Yikes, glad I never bought it when I was looking in to those.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
so it will be like inhaling mostly CO2 + H2O and like 5-10 percent of butane that is goin through the reaction and couldn't react (the reaction is not 100% in the real world, so there's leftovers....)

I don't think so – could you share a link or something for that? Butane being inhaled is pretty risky; I don't think it's toxic, but it sinks in our lungs when being inhaled, thus limiting our lung capacity. I know some (very desperate) kids use it as a way to get high. That would make something like a Sticky Brick much more dangerous than smoking.

GoldenBud

I don't think so – could you share a link or something for that? Butane being inhaled is pretty risky; I don't think it's toxic, but it sinks in our lungs when being inhaled, thus limiting our lung capacity. I know some (very desperate) kids use it as a way to get high. That would make something like a Sticky Brick much more dangerous than smoking.
it's not too dangerous to inhale tiny amount of butane, because:
-it's a complete combustion, when you use the torch in your room, or outside, there's enough oxygen in the air, so CO is not produced. remember when people smoke cigs, they also inhale CO ! the body transfers it much faster than O2 in our body...
-Butane boiling point is -1C degrees, so it doesn't stay in our lungs, it will clear out with air ***I am 99% sure.....man our lungs are kept in 20c most of the times? deep inside ;)
-when you use Honest torch, even the mid-premium ones, you don't smell butane from time to time?
-Also when you use flat screwdriver to clear torches out of air, before filling them with butane, don't you get tiny amounts of butane to your face?

anyway.. mainly because butane is so so volatile, i don't think it's that bad.. it's not perfect, but not too bad?

edit:
ok i have something to add. the cheap Honest that SBL include in their devices - when i heat it and smell it closely - i can smell the butane
the premium Honest from aliexpress, which is expensive, a bit comparing to the cheap Honest - i can't smell the butane at all.

GoldenBud,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
If 5 or 10% of the butane would be inhaled, it is not a tiny amount anymore.

-it's a complete combustion, when you use the torch in your room, or outside, there's enough oxygen in the air, so CO is not produced. remember when people smoke cigs, they also inhale CO ! the body transfers it much faster than O2 in our body...

I'm not referring to CO, but butane that (as you wrote) „couldn't react“.

-Butane boiling point is -1C degrees, so it doesn't stay in our lungs, it will clear out with air ***I am 99% sure.....

I don't know how it works, but my research shows that it is able to stay in our lungs for a very long time. That's how it makes kids high, via oxygen deprivation. Butane itself has no psychotropic effects.

Siebter,

GoldenBud

I don't know how it works, but my research shows that it is able to stay in our lungs for a very long time. That's how it makes kids high, via oxygen deprivation. Butane itself has no psychotropic effects.
please share, will take a look, it's interesting

"If 5 or 10% of the butane would be inhaled, it is not a tiny amount anymore."

you exhale the vapor, it gets out....

about boiling temp -- if the boiling temp is -1C it means that when you exhale, even air after inhaling.. it will get out, it doesn't stay in a 20c area.. when there's air in-out.. I THINK

THC stays! because its boiling temp is 158C
Terpenes stay! boiling temp is 120~~
not the case with Butane.. -1C...

GoldenBud,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Not sure what boiling temps have to do with it – butane is quite a bit heavier than air, that's the culprit.

Anyway, the effect of oxygen deprivation is described → here („Die Butangasinhalation und ihre Folgen”), unfortunately I have a hard time finding an English source, sorry.

I also realize that butane does in fact also have toxic effects too.

Siebter,

GoldenBud

Not sure what boiling temps have to do with it – butane is quite a bit heavier than air, that's the culprit.

Anyway, the effect of oxygen deprivation is described → here („Die Butangasinhalation und ihre Folgen”), unfortunately I have a hard time finding an English source, sorry.

I also realize that butane does in fact also have toxic effects too.
can't read it, but if butane has boiling point of -1C, it means that it stays vapor in our lungs..ofc ofc not going into liquid or solid...because our lungs kept in 20c+... then it will be exhaled with the air used in our lungs, isn't it? i am also searching for a research too, it's an interesting topic..

about mw of air vs butane.. yeah butane is like 44g/gmol while air is 29g/gmol... but again i think since we're speaking about gases... the weight is not the most important thing to include while thinking if the gas will stay at some place that there's exchanging of gas all the time...

@Siebter ok i got it!!..... the concentration of the butane outside the lungs is 0. the lungs after a hit let's say has some minimal concentration of butane. so for going into equilibrium, the vapor exhaled will contain the leftover from butane, ok? plus its low boiling point.... it will be away from the lungs i think.....

like when you dry your clothes in the Terrace, without direct sun on it. the temp isn't 100 or even closed, but the concentration of water is much lower outside, than in the clothes....so water molecules are going to try to make an equilibrium.... but they never succeeding... so another water molecule are going from the clothes.... until nothing left....

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Well I keep thinking that it doesn't matter because the lighters we use are safe anyway. Even without inhalation: butane would sink to the ground and be ignited by some kinda spark → boom. Not safe at all. I'm sure it gets used up 100%.

Getting a bit OT here too, huh? :-)

GoldenBud

Well I keep thinking that it doesn't matter because the lighters we use are safe anyway. Even without inhalation: butane would sink to the ground and be ignited by some kinda spark → boom. Not safe at all. I'm sure it gets used up 100%.
I stopped the butane inhalation at all. in a world where you can find alternatives, find them. The Colibri Premium butane is excellent. FOR LIGHTERS, it's not meant to be inhaled by human being.... If I'd have a SBL-J for travel, I'd use it only there. not for a DD ofc....
but, it's truely an option. it hits hard, and mostly safe, I'd stick to Dynavap outside just because I already have it...

GoldenBud,

hoptimum

Can you please provide objective verification for this? Thanks

hoptimum,

GoldenBud

Can you please provide objective verification for this? Thanks
the reaction occures at around 900C-1000C, while butane boiling point is -1C. as long as the flame is really blue, the reaction will go almost 100% to the products side, and tiny amounts of butane will be left. I tried to find a research and failed to find it, probably because each igniter, each torch has different efficiency?

GoldenBud,

hoptimum

the reaction occures at around 900C-1000C, while butane boiling point is -1C. as long as the flame is really blue, the reaction will go almost 100% to the products side, and tiny amounts of butane will be left. I tried to find a research and failed to find it, probably because each igniter, each torch has different efficiency?
Thanks. This seems to be a contentious topic and I haven’t found anything definitive, either. Perhaps it’s not 100% safe, but the harm potential seems minimal with good quality torches and relatively pure butane

hoptimum,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Thanks. This seems to be a contentious topic and I haven’t found anything definitive, either. Perhaps it’s not 100% safe, but the harm potential seems minimal with good quality torches and relatively pure butane
Butane doesnt combust 100% unless there is extra oxygen supplied as far as i know. Inhalation of uncombusted butane is only one concern, the other is the anatomy of the torches. The gas gets stored in a plastic tank ,some even have sponges inside, then it gets fed through a plastic hose/tube to the brass nozzle,most likely leaded ,which is often surrounded with questionable materials, unknown grade metals/ceramics and also the wire for the piezo igniter which is getting burning hot and off gassing from the insulation.
@invertedisdead I have also figured something out in the vain,but i call it the quartzonic since it is way more alike,lol

hoptimum

Butane doesnt combust 100% unless there is extra oxygen supplied as far as i know. Inhalation of uncombusted butane is only one concern, the other is the anatomy of the torches. The gas gets stored in a plastic tank ,some even have sponges inside, then it gets fed through a plastic hose/tube to the brass nozzle,most likely leaded ,which is often surrounded with questionable materials, unknown grade metals/ceramics and also the wire for the piezo igniter which is getting burning hot and off gassing from the insulation.
@invertedisdead I have also figured something out in the vain,but i call it the quartzonic since it is way more alike,lol
Do you have a source that quantifies the specific danger of using a quality torch with relatively pure butane?

hoptimum,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Do you have a source that quantifies the specific danger of using a quality torch with relatively pure butane?
Nope,but i dont care if it is dangerous ,it just feels bad and that is enough / I have my jedi senses. Even with the german cooking torch Rosle with 10 year warranty an d the best butane, I can taste it ,it feels crappy on my respiratory system. I can guess it in blind test without a doubt.
No matter the quality of the torch you still have plastic tank,brass nozzle,piezo wire with insulation and plastic feeder.
This reminds me a bit of the times when people were considering the Steinel Gun safe for vaporizing,even Vriptech were selling a kit with it, well i wrote one day to ask the manufacturers and they said one should never inhale the exhaust .. You wont find scientific date if it is ok to inhale from a device not designed for the purpose.
Also you are inhaling more CO2 and less oxygen,so i guess this is not very healthy ,too. Oxygen deprivation is fun only during sex.

hoptimum

Nope,but i dont care if it is dangerous ,it just feels bad and that is enough / I have my jedi senses. Even with the german cooking torch Rosle with 10 year warranty an d the best butane, I can taste it ,it feels crappy on my respiratory system. I can guess it in blind test without a doubt.
No matter the quality of the torch you still have plastic tank,brass nozzle,piezo wire with insulation and plastic feeder.
This reminds me a bit of the times when people were considering the Steinel Gun safe for vaporizing,even Vriptech were selling a kit with it, well i wrote one day to ask the manufacturers and they said one should never inhale the exhaust .. You wont find scientific date if it is ok to inhale from a device not designed for the purpose.
I would think that if combusted butane in torches is toxic that it would be highly publicized in objective testing, since butane torches have been around a long time and are widely used. Those risks should be documented somewhere, if they exist.

Top Bottom