• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Is the Firefly 2 right for me?

dgmulf

I'm in the market for a flower vape, and I'm hoping for a little help, since I'm pretty new to this. I started researching portables because (to my limited knowledge) they seem a little less pricey than desktops, and of course portability in itself is a bonus. But I would be perfectly fine with a desktop too, since most of the time, I'd be vaping in my home. So far, the Firefly 2 has caught my eye, and I'm wondering if it would be recommended for my specific criteria:

* Hit size control. I'm very sensitive to cannabis, and hate the feeling of getting too stoned. I would describe my use as more "medicinal" than "recreational" (although I've always considered that a false dichotomy, but whatever). So I want to be able to deliver as precise a dosage as possible.

* Hit quality control. I'm also pretty particular about the quality of my hits. I want a nice cool vapor, with just the right thickness. I also want the option to set a custom vaping temperature.

* Flavor. I like to appreciate the nuanced differences in flavor between different strains.

* Strain rotation. I like to use sativas in the morning and indicas in the evening, so I'm going to want to be able to easily empty and reload the bowl on a regular basis.

* Budget. I'm not really willing to spend more than I would for a Firefly 2 (~300 USD).

Thanks for any feedback!

Godspeed

Hello dgmulf

I am a new medicinal user and only started vaping and using the Firefly 2 three weeks ago.

With regards to Hit Size, the Firefly 2 can give you anything from invisible vapor to large clouds, so I think you should be able to manage your dosages precisely. I prefer small doses so I can better manage my health issue with the minimum of materiel.

Having tried nine different strains, I can certainly taste their distinctive qualities.

I am micro-dosing and placing the absolute minimum at the bottom of the bowl so you should have zero issues with rotating strains throughout the day.

I think you will enjoy the Firefly 2 and you might consider asking on the Firefly 2 thread here on FC.

dgmulf

Thanks for the assurance Godspeed! I might go ahead and cross-post this on the FF2 thread, as you suggested.

dgmulf,

dgmulf

I like the idea of a higher learning curve actually. I enjoyed developing my technique with my Sherlock VaporGenie, which is the only other vape I've ever used.

Thanks for the heads-up though! :)

darbarikanada

I haven't been following the FF2 thread for a while, so maybe people have come up with the 'right' technique, but anyways: you have to stir the FF2 every few vapes or so; otherwise you get uneven vaporization (i.e. a hot spot in the center). I used to use a MFLB (which you have to shake every vape) so when I got a mighty, which never needs any stirring, I never looked back. every emptied load is an even ocher color (not over-vaped). if you don't want to have to 'tend your bowl', FF2 might not be your thing.

the mighty has temperature control down to single degrees. different strains behave differently, but in general at 155ºC I get vapor that's so cool I barely know anything happened until a second passes and I taste it. at 165º I usually start to get 'clouds', still nice flavor if not as pure and cool as at the lower temperature.

people rave about the mighty being a 'cloud machine' (vapcap wins this one IME), but to my mind its best features are its totally dialed-in low-temp capability and the lack of a need to stir - ever (really). if your main desired feature is cool and flavorful vapor, it should be on your short list.

emptying and reloading are easy. small loads (e.g. .05g) are no problem if you use the 'liquid pad' that comes with it. and the 'hey! wake up!' vibration feature is hella handy (imagine that).

puffitup usually offers a 15% discount to fc members, making it $340.

Pimpslapper

I second the mighty for home use, it is freaking awesome. Only drawback for me is lack of portability, and lack of exchangeable battery, , but that seems a non issue in this case.
The mighty is pimp.

Southern Chef

Since you said that you would be perfectly fine with a desktop, you might consider the Evo. The standard starter kit is $350 (discounts available probably). The hydratubes run up the price but I used mine for months with just the standard mouthpiece and loved it. 2¢

Godspeed

Due to the plethora of internet information regarding the Firefly2 technique, I was able to get results immediately without a long learning curve.

As I have sensitive lungs however, and the draw on the Firefly2 is super slow, I stop my inhalation numerous times and take air in through my nose. This has made it a more enjoyable experience.

The main reason I chose the Firefly2 was that it is an 'On Demand' vaporizer. I can take one inhalation at 8:00 AM and then put it down for a few hours until I need another dose.

dgmulf

The main reason I chose the Firefly2 was that it is an 'On Demand' vaporizer. I can take one inhalation at 8:00 AM and then put it down for a few hours until I need another dose.

This is my motivation as well. The FF2 looks like it can easily and efficiently use very small quantities at a time, which is my style. I don't vape for extended sessions, just a quick hit here and there.

Any other vapes that I should consider with this in mind?

duff

Well worn
The original Sticky Brick would fit all of your needs except for portability (of course there is the Sticky Brick Junior for that).

Excellent vapor quality, total control of the hit, stunningly delicious, efficient and has a smaller but wider learning curve.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
The original Sticky Brick would fit all of your needs except for portability (of course there is the Sticky Brick Junior for that).

Excellent vapor quality, total control of the hit, stunningly delicious, efficient and has a smaller but wider learning curve.
He already has a VaporGenie, Brick doesnt much more than the Genie.

@dgmulf I don't know how soon you need it but I'd add the MistVape Touch on your watch list.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I don't think you've tried a brick if you feel this way.
I love my Brick and my Genies (wont say I dont prefer my Genies).

I think of this as the best of both worlds..
https://www.instagram.com/p/BP3fbn8jZ3f/

I still think the Genie is a lot easier to handle with smaller loads and allows for more refinement within the hit. Its not like the Brick has more power just smoother vapor and slightly faster, which is minor.

When I vape my goal is full extraction in one to two hits with a micro load. I've had the SBJ since its release and feel it combusts too easily for how close to the edge I want to be. Its a wonderful unit but I haven't been able to consistently get the results I want using its default setup.

Last edited:
paytonpenn,
Reactions: dgmulf

Godspeed

You asked, "Are there any other Vapes I should consider?"

Unlike many on this site, who have vast more experience than I do with the various vaporizers, I had only been using the Firefly2 for the past 30 days until I purchased a second vaporizer as a backup. I was waiting until I had more experience with the latest acquisition before I commented, but I have been so impressed with it in the past five (5) days that I thought I would throw it out there since you asked.

I purchased the Titanium OmniVap and this little unit has been absolutely amazing. It is perfect for micro-dosing and varing the amount of vapor I wish to produce. I like the minimum and this unit makes it possible.

I now think of the OmniVap as my main unit, and the Firefly2 as my backup.

Squiby

@dgmulf

Yeah. I agree with @Godspeed I think the Dynavap vapes are perfect for you. Since I finally discovered the Vapcaps, all my other vapes sit sadly unused in a cupboard collecting dust. I use Vapcaps now exclusively.

* Hit size control. I microdose throughout the day. The Vapcap has an adjustable herb chamber. My usual dose is around 0.015 - 0.02 gms per session. I vape just enough for effect while remaining functional. You can pack the chamber full or do as I do; just tear a tiny bit off a bud and pop it in there. No grinding needed.

* Hit quality control. I get the coolest vapor than I have ever achieved with any vape by adding a degummed hemp fiber filter between two Vapcap screens and using a mouthpull technique. I am a severe chronic asthmatic and using a Vapcap along with this technique has made a world of difference to me.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-295#post-1034430

* Flavor. I am a flavor chaser myself and find the Vapcap able to deliver lovely flavor. I am easily able to appreciate the different tastes between strains.

* Strain rotation. Since I vape throughout the day I use sativas to keep me productive through the day. I reserve indicas for the evening. You can change the strain after every session. Just take off the cap, dump your ABV and pop in a new nug of your choice. The Vapcap also does a wonderful job with hash or other concentrates. Whatever your pleasure, the Vapcap will take care of you.

* Budget. There is a Vapcap for everyone. The all glass chamber/body Vapvap is a mere $35.

The titanium tipped models have a titanium herb chamber and have a modular build. This means that you can swap out components for a customized look or for function, rather than buying another complete unit. Lego for stoners. Just buy one Vapcap and add a spare body, stem or BonG. A new mouthpiece or condenser to adjust size or preference. Ti tipped Vapcaps like the Ti Woody model go for around $80 - $120 depending on the specific model and midsection choice.

The top of the line Omnivap has an all metal construction, mostly titanium. It is an engineering marvel. It is tough, considered be indestructible. It will be performing flawlessly after all other vapes fail. If you get an Omnivap, make sure to put it in your will to some lucky benefactor. The Omnivap is $160.

They can be heated with any heat source; jet lighter, bic lighter, candle, stove element, campfire etc. There is no plastic in the construction. No batteries to change, rotate, charge, replace or keep track of. No cords to fuss with. No electronics to fail.

They are beautiful, tiny and extremely efficient with your weed. You will save money on your weed. They are the size and shape of a cigarette and they are fun to use.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-433

https://www.dynavap.com

This is my favorite Vapcap. The available through request. It is called a To Copper Stoned Vapcap.
sRAU0u6.jpg

Last edited:

HD Springer

This is my motivation as well. The FF2 looks like it can easily and efficiently use very small quantities at a time, which is my style. I don't vape for extended sessions, just a quick hit here and there.

Any other vapes that I should consider with this in mind?

I'd look into the Milaana. Or mistvape touch as was previously mentioned. Both of these are a cheaper option then the ff2.

HD Springer,
Reactions: dgmulf

dgmulf

I'm starting to get really tempted by those Dynavaps! Now I just need to find a reliable butane lighter.

To be perfectly honest, the main reason I started researching battery vapes was because both of my torch lighters died on me after minimal usage (they weren't cheap either), so I resigned myself to giving up on butane entirely. But maybe there is still hope.

snamuh

ghost
You asked, "Are there any other Vapes I should consider?"

Unlike many on this site, who have vast more experience than I do with the various vaporizers, I had only been using the Firefly2 for the past 30 days until I purchased a second vaporizer as a backup. I was waiting until I had more experience with the latest acquisition before I commented, but I have been so impressed with it in the past five (5) days that I thought I would throw it out there since you asked.

I purchased the Titanium OmniVap and this little unit has been absolutely amazing. It is perfect for micro-dosing and varing the amount of vapor I wish to produce. I like the minimum and this unit makes it possible.

I now think of the OmniVap as my main unit, and the Firefly2 as my backup.

I second this, except I have a Ti Woody vapcap not an Omni.
The FF2 is now for occasions where I need to be really stealthy. (I still haven't touched it since I got my vapcap)

Also the Vapcap is the best portable vape I've used for microdoseing.... I didn't have much success with the ff2 and small loads.

Last edited:

Djack191404

Hello dgmulf

I am a new medicinal user and only started vaping and using the Firefly 2 three weeks ago.

With regards to Hit Size, the Firefly 2 can give you anything from invisible vapor to large clouds, so I think you should be able to manage your dosages precisely. I prefer small doses so I can better manage my health issue with the minimum of materiel.

Having tried nine different strains, I can certainly taste their distinctive qualities.

I am micro-dosing and placing the absolute minimum at the bottom of the bowl so you should have zero issues with rotating strains throughout the day.

I think you will enjoy the Firefly 2 and you might consider asking on the Firefly 2 thread here on FC.
Im intersted in mucro dosing with the firefly. How much material are you using per bowl. How many sessions and how often.

Djack191404,

dgmulf

So, at this point I've narrowed it down to either a Dynavap or an E-nano. Based on the needs I've expressed in this thread, can anyone help break down the pros and cons of each for me?

Top Bottom