ChuckRock

Quick worst point: If it was made o a larger percentage of metal (eg. brushed aluminum) it would feel higher quality.
I think its been mentioned a few times by the manufacturer.
SS or Aluminium would greatly increase the size of the vape.

I think its something to do with the thermal dissipation and metals becoming too hot.
The vape would then need to be bigger with more materials in order to make it safe for your hands.

Im pretty sure this has been mentioned but maybe i dreamt it up :)

ChuckRock,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Nope Chuck! I remember reading that too.... If not for the plastic housing we would not be able to hold the device :D

I originally thought it seemed like the plastic made it feel cheap but after having them for a few months AND now getting the SS mouthpieces I am happy with them.... So much so that I bought one for my sister for Xmas!!

Lo,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
It makes sense what you say about the plastic external shell being necessary so that it can be held. If it holds up well over time, I won't worry that it feels light, after all I wanted portability and stealth and I've got it. I'm still amazed that I did not cough once when using it and that I actually tasted the plant material.

I started hitting the Iolite before my girlfriend was smoking spliffs and she didn't smell a thing.

Took a couple of photo's of before and after herb and will include them in a review.

Tom

tdavie,

Mrs. Vape

When I refill with butane it runs and spills all over the place, down the side of the unit, on my hands etc. I know it was empty before I refilled because it stopped working. As soon as I did this sloppy procedure and got butane all over the place, wiped it off, then it was working again. But I can't tell if I filled it or just put a tiny amount in there.

Mrs. Vape,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
An indicator of butane level would be nice. Maybe that can happen in a future model. Then we could stop just short of having butane spill all over. That happened to me the first time I tried to fill the Ioilite. It was completely filled prior to my purchasing it. So, spilt butane. No biggy though. If you are sure it is comepletely empty, I figure 5-8 seconds should fill it.

Tom

(as an aside, I figure that the store where I purchased it from must have filled it, since I do not see the manufacturer filling it, but I could be wrong).

tdavie,

freeman dyson

How long does a butane fill last for you guys? Mine only seems to last around an hour? Still takes a while to get going too. Thinking about sending it away to get repaired

freeman dyson,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
freeman dyson said:
How long does a butane fill last for you guys? Mine only seems to last around an hour? Still takes a while to get going too. Thinking about sending it away to get repaired
11 uses of it on the fill of butane that it came with. Over a 7 hour period on one night and a 2 hour period on a second night. I won't have a chance to use it for another 4 days, so I guess then I'll see how muc longer I can push it.

My method of use is to turn it on, ignite, and then wait for the 3rd heating cycle to stop. I turn it off and hit until it no longer reheats. Load new herb after 3 'uses'. Still learning how best to use it.

Tom

tdavie,

vaperook

Where exactly is the moisture condenser? I keep reading I should take it out but for the life of me I can't find it.

vaperook,

vaperook

I still don't see it. In what segment is it supposed to be? Is it in the part that screws into the bowl or in one of the others?

vaperook,

sundaddy

Dude, the newer ones don't come with it in the tube. It's probably in your accessories. (A tiny little metal looking thing). Bottom line, if you remove the tube and can see through the whole tube, it's not in there.

sundaddy,

Lo

My latest Iolite did not have the condenser inserted, it was in the little baggie of parts.

I couldn't wait to try those SS mouthpieces so I ordered a 3 pack... Of course mine from Ireland arrived only days later LMAO... Anyhow, I've used them on both units for several days without issue and am pleased with them. I only wish that all packages in inventory would be opened and the mouthpieces replaced as I hesitate to recommend someone buy them at the moment knowing the issue.

I bought one for my sister with the SS mouthpiece order and opened package/replaced moutpieces so she'd never experience the melty issue :D Of course I can't do that for all my friends...

Oh and over this weekend I believe I confirmed the theory we discussed earlier in thread about end of butane cans.

I am using Colibri with 2 Iolites using in rotation. I noticed once again my original starting acting a little sputtery, slow to ignite, etc. After it started happening with the 2nd one I realized they both had been filled from the can that was nearing empty. I refilled one from near empty can and one from a full can after venting. Rinse, repeat so I could be sure. I firmly believe that there is a corrolation between the Iolites acting funny and the butane cans nearing empty. Now that both units have been vented and refilled from new can they seem much happier.

Sucks to be out in the boat and realize there is a problem but thankfully I had a new can of butane with me. I also carry the 2 Io's and the LB too just in case :D

Lo,

freeman dyson

since i got my budda, there is no point in smoking herb in the iolite anymore. i just use to load some tobacco once in a while. think im gonna sell it. thing is overpriced anyway.

freeman dyson,

Lo

Everyone is different and that's why it's great there are lots of vape styles to choose from.

I personally spend a fair amount of time in the car, on the water in the boat and hiking trails so the portability factor is why I like my Io.... Just returned from a car trip, one bowl on way out, one on way back home :D The Io is the only vape I've seen that is so damn easy peasy whilst driving but the Io can't match the big hits you can rip on you buddha I'm sure :D I still plan to add a big rip vape to my collection for special occasions and the likes.

Might list that Io in the classifieds here if it's not your thing, good luck!

Lo,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
freeman dyson said:
since i got my budda, there is no point in smoking herb in the iolite anymore. i just use to load some tobacco once in a while. think im gonna sell it. thing is overpriced anyway.
You've had a lot of problems with your Iolite, haven't you? Hopefully you'll get it fixed before you sell it.

macbill,

freeman dyson

macbill said:
freeman dyson said:
You've had a lot of problems with your Iolite, haven't you? Hopefully you'll get it fixed before you sell it.
Ya, I'm gonna send it in first. Then if I still dont like it. It's gone.

freeman dyson,

Lo

Oh I really agree with Macbill! We never sure if yours was even working correctly.... Maybe it needs repair and then you might fall for it :) We shall see!! Good luck with it!

Lo,

shotgunwilly

king kong, yes you are right about the bottom of the butane can...even the vector, i squirted a full can of vector, an empty can of vector and a full can of yellow butane shit onto a mirror... the yellow can of shit and the empty vector can left the biggest residue stain..... pretty similar to be honest.... the full vector, although it left a stain, wasnt as bad as the others....what prompted this was my iolite sputtering correlating with the emptiness of the butane can, someone recommended squirting on a mirror to check for residue.... voila!

shotgunwilly,

Io-LITEned

Well, my new stainless steel-threaded mouthpieces finally arrived the other day, after lots of back and forth/playing the waiting game with Iolite support :) It's always nice to get those squishy Irish packages!

The Iolite is working better than ever! :) I don't know how the new mouthpieces could possibly have such a big effect, but they have. I think this little gadget has a lot of life left and will definitely get its fair share of use!

Io-LITEned,

Lo

Glad yours arrived too! Haven't had an issue since I got the ones!!

Lo,

freeman dyson

what performance did the new mouthpieces improve.

i am starting to wonder if my problem with my iolite is just the way it is supposed to be, or i am using it wrong. you turn it on the gas starts real quiet for a while. sometimes you can ignite it at this stage, and sometimes you have to wait for the gas to start sputtering and get louder. is it an actual mechanic problem or still just a problem with filling? ive used nothing but premium butane and vented it everytime except for my 2nd refill because I didnt know. Ive only had it for a few weeks, for the first few days the gass didnt struggle to start like that.

freeman dyson,

Lo

I don't think the mouthpiece could help your issues Freeman. I'm not sure if yours has ever worked properly for you. It did take some getting used to but I was able to get really nice hits and several friends have just been so taken with the Io.

When you vent your unit have you tried venting... Turning right side, then back down and venting a couple more times like that. Butane is heavier than air and I've found that even when it seems like the unit is vented I can turn it over a couple times and vent some more.

I have also found the end of butane cans seem to cause more sputtering or slow starts but the unit recovers after a vent and refill though sometimes it does sputter still.

If you have tried everything and it is still not working consistantly I would so send in for service before you give up on it. It really makes an excellent vape for driving, boating, etc. It might be not for you but I don't think you'll know for sure until you get it going enough to get some good hits off of a bowl.

Good luck!!!

Lo,

freeman dyson

thanks. it seemed to work fine for the first few days. no sputtering and the gas was always ready to ignite.

my problem with the warranty is this. they say they want a receipt. I bought it new off of Ebay though. All I have is a paypal receipt. I heard you have to buy it from an authorized dealer to get a warranty. anybody know if this is true?

freeman dyson,

Lo

Well some of the sites such as vapeworld also sell on ebay and they are authorized dealers. Did you buy it new on eBay from a vape seller?? If so you should see if the paypal receipt is enough or the ebay invoice you paid. I'm not sure how that works. I hope you get it squared away.

Lo,
Top Bottom