wakenvape

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
SO PISSED OFF!
everytime i try to purge until theres no more hissing or i cant smell the butane i try to refill it.
INSTANTLY IT JUST OVERFLOWS ALL OVER
WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG

wakenvape,

greystr0ke

It sounds like your not filling the unit up correctly. Purge the butane and then hold the unit upright and try to refill it. It should not start overflowing until the tank is full. If it's overflowing after you already purged the butane that was in the tank then you may not be refilling it correctly. Don't be scared to press down all the way when you're refilling it.

greystr0ke,

wakenvape

yeah i'm not a professional butane refiller as you can tell but here's a question.
how long does it take to refill it generally from your experience?

wakenvape,

wakenvape

okay..well i just purged it until i didnt hear any hissing.
Then i placed it on the pin and pressed down instantaneously liquid started overflowing and got cold so we're talking 1 second.
I'm just so discouraged right now.

wakenvape,

wakenvape

okay now..i tried to put more in (not purging) and it just hissed for like a minute not overflowing.
i'm baffled at the art of refilling butane honestly i feel like a moron this is seriously seriously pissing me off.

wakenvape,

greystr0ke

Hmmm..... Your holding the butane upside down with the iolite right side up? Also, you don't have the unit on do you when you are refilling it?

greystr0ke,

wakenvape

Yes holding the butane upside down. Iolite is off.
By purging i just use this screw driver that fits and fit it in the hole and press down. I hear and can smell butane coming out of the unit for longer than i can even continue to press down like more than a minute. Everytime i press down i get a large hissing that slowly tapers off. I'm just wondering i'm actually just filling it with air every time i try to purge it.
I'm really just sigh.... :|

wakenvape,

greystr0ke

I've only purged my unit once since I have gotten it and that was because I could tell there was air in the tank. It would kind of stutter when It would heat up. Hisss........hissssssssssssssssssssss...hisssss

Maybe someone with more knowledge on this can help you out.

greystr0ke,

wakenvape

okay i'm ranting but this is just fucken retarded.
Everytime i try to fill it it just instantly overflows and squirts butane everywhere.

Okay, i'm just gonna wait 5 minutes then load her up and try to ignite again. If it doesn't work i'm just gonna smoke a bowl and cry about the 200 dollars i wasted. Which i spent all of my money on so i'm just out of luck cant even buy a pipe.

wakenvape,

greystr0ke

Looks like others have had this issue as well. http://forum.grasscity.com/seasoned-tokers/493541-ahhhh-i-cant-fill-my-iolite-life-me-grrr.html

Try giving it some time in between when you attempt to refill it. How hard are you pressing down when you refill it?

Here are the official instructions.
http://www.my-iolite.com/support_3.asp

After reading other reports, I guess it takes less than 5 seconds to refill. I never really counted. Anyways, after you attempt to refill it, let it sit for 5 minutes before trying to light it.

greystr0ke,

wakenvape

okay i finally got it to work..
the orange light did come on but it started flickering then started making this whoosh sound over and over and then it started smoking!!!!
this cant be normal...i'm afraid i just broke it... so i just instantly turned it off.
I'm so disappointed........

wakenvape,

wakenvape

the little ridges on the top (vents?) is that normal because it was very visible and it didn't sound like it was functioning properly..loud whoosh sounds and it got really hot quickly

wakenvape,

greystr0ke

I would take a deep breath and just try to relax. I know what you're feeling right now cause it's exactly what I was feeling when I bought mine. I thought it was dysfunctional and immediately wanted to return it.

The unit is gonna get hot. Should it be so hot that you can't hold it? NO! But it should be hot. When you flick the switch to 1 it should begin to make a hissing sound. Wait 5 seconds before trying to press the Piezo. Once you press that, the unit will begin to get hot. The sound will continue until it reaches it's heat up temp. Every 45 seconds or so, it will begin heating up again and make that hissing noise. That's completely normal.

greystr0ke,

wakenvape

okay thanks i really appreciate your help.

So it did start to work and i could hear the hissing sound but when i ignited it, the sound was different and was like "whoosh" and VISIBLE smoke started coming out of the vents so i can only assume it was malfunctioning.

wakenvape,

greystr0ke

I'm at work so I don't have my iolite with me right now and it's hard for me to reference the unit. The sound it makes when you press the piezo may be slightly different but it shouldn't be that much more. If anything it should sound similar but not as constant/steady as it does when the unit is only switched to 1.

greystr0ke,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
wakenvape said:
okay i finally got it to work..
the orange light did come on but it started flickering then started making this whoosh sound over and over and then it started smoking!!!!
this cant be normal...i'm afraid i just broke it... so i just instantly turned it off.
I'm so disappointed........
1st: don't panic. You have a pretty good warranty. My understanding is the company is solid behind that warranty. This forum has many sad stories turned to happy ones.

Make sure your can "mates" with your Iolite. If the fill nozzle is bigger or smaller than the Iolite there will be a prob.

Usually, after just filling with butane, the unit itself is cold. Iolites like to be a little warmer. I usually just warm it up a bit in the palms of my hands for a minute or so. I've heard of some people warming it up with a hair dryer. Hey, whatever works for you.

Some folks find that"bumping" the can to the Iolite helps them fill better. In other words, ...push can down for a second, release: push can down for a second, release: until over flow. Now warm your unit.

Go into a dark room (closet?, and push the button. Don't forget to flip the switch to "ON" like I just did. See a spark? I always have trouble remembering exactly where I see the light, so I've marked the side of my Iolites with a small mark so I know exactly where to look. A little blue turn into a golden color? You should hear a hiss while its warming up: it takes a few seconds sometimes to turn from blue to orange.

The Iolite is thermostatically kept at a certain temp, so, at first, you'll hear more hissing, and then less hissing as it maintains temp. If its making funny noises, perhaps let it run a bit to break in. If its smoking a little, I'd run a least one "dry" run and let whatever is making that smoke finish. Maybe its like machining oil or something.

macbill,

wakenvape

Okay thank for all your help I just decided to call iolite North America in Illinois and they'll send me a new one. In 2-3 weeks FML!!!

The lady that i spoke to said any visible smoke coming from the vents is NOT supposed to happen she emphasized that lol. So alas another 3 weeks vaporless :(

wakenvape,

greystr0ke

I'm really sorry. I can promise you that once you get a working unit, you will love it. Just sucks that you have to deal with this BS.

Either way, I would keep trying to get it to work.

greystr0ke,

wakenvape

Ya my buddy just came over and demanded I tried to use it atleast one more time lol. So lets hope it works!
Cross your fingers!

wakenvape,

wakenvape

I don't know i just carefully inserted the butane and just relaxed like you said. I'm super vaked right now hahaha. It did start to smoke but just a tiny bit and now its hittin like a champ!

wakenvape,

greystr0ke

That's awesome.

At least your getting hits off it. I wasn't getting anything at first until I started puling really slow. Are you using the mouthpiece or the tube attachment.

greystr0ke,
Top Bottom