izeus

turn it on and leave it sit for ten minutes, wait and see if hiss starts on its own in that time. dont have too worry about wasting fuel if there is no hiss. Click the piezo once the hiss starts (hoping your unit does the same thing that mine does) and you should be ready too go.

mine only does this if I leave it somewhere cold, such as in my car overnight or similar.
After leaving it on sitting for 10+ minutes it began to hiss on and off very quietly. I tried to clicking the piezo but it didnt start. I left it and it eventually drained the fuel.

StickyShishaif said:
nobody has any other ideas, you may have to go through tech support. My above post has always worked for me.
How do I go through tech support ? Is that via email to support@my-iolite.com ?

I am quitting smoking with the e-cig thing
Yeah me too. I love my e-cig & my iolite and hate the idea of setting something on fire again. It seems so outdated now lol. I guess I will need to get backup units for both the iolite and ecigs. Ecigs I can understand needing a backup since its inexpensive and comes from china. I didn't expect the iolite to require a backup unit. It appears to be made well and isn't in my opinion inexpensive.

:( without a functioning iolite for 3 hours now

izeus,

shotgunwilly

stealth1, my pleasure, im glad i could help in some way... willieR, when i get home tomorrow, i will check and see if i can see what number... for some reason, im thinking it was the only one that would fit in the hole where the fill valve was...and even then, it was pretty tight... i had to go by the outside diameter, not the diameter of the little hole it fills with, because all the other nozzles couldnt fit in the hole (the hole in the black plastic) to depress the little fill valve... izeus, i dont know what butane u used or how much you have left in your can, but, i have found that even with the vector, that at the end of the can, it wasnt very clean... maybe your pipes got a little plugged? also, when filling it, are you "pumping" the butane as someone described, that will insure no air bubble... (i also take it you are using good butane) maybe try filling it, then put it in your pocket before turning it on for a little while, when it get nice and warm, turn it on and hope! anyway, im sorry, i know that this is a pretty limp dick solution, and i cant be of more help.... i guess, if all fails, contact iolite, it seems that they are opening a can of whoop ass on fixing these now.... good luck! :/

shotgunwilly,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Thanks SGWillie. I'd appreciate it if you found the number. I can't seem to get any to work at all.

willieR,

Zemis

Hi izeus

Just wonder what type butane you where using? If not a good quality that may be the problem.

Zemis,
As far as butane... I highly recomend you go to amazon.com and order the Ronson 12 pack (2.75 oz each can, total of 78 grams)... I got mine shipped for $42... That will last me a while, and from what I hear, i am not an expert, Ronson is good quality butane...

ModernMogul,

rayski

ModernMogul said:
As far as butane... I highly recomend you go to amazon.com and order the Ronson 12 pack (2.75 oz each can, total of 78 grams)... I got mine shipped for $42... That will last me a while, and from what I hear, i am not an expert, Ronson is good quality butane...
In the states, Ronson is one to avoid. The IO can work with Ronson but it is not recommended on the IO website:http://www.my-iolite.com/support_3.asp and has been problematic for some.

rayski,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Avoid BIG time. I switched from Ronson to Vector and the unit is noticeably faster to go from blue flame to red glow.

willieR,

vape4health

ModernMogul , I was using ronson too , today is the first day I used Vector and I swear it run a little hotter and I didnt have to refill to do 5 bowls . When I was using ronson the IO would have a hard time getting started , and I had to refill every 2-3 bowls .

The temp thing could just be me , but I know how much tane I was using befor and it used less Vector compaired Ronson and it was the same herb with the same 3 people . I know when I was using Ron the IO would pump , kinda sound like puff's while it was heating , with the Vec it just makes a steady hiss .

I'll still use Ronson in a pinch but for now I'm liking the Vector .

vape4health,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Well, there ya go! V4H, do you use one of the red tips to refill with VEctor? I'm having a hell of a time filling.

willieR,

vape4health

No man , I just stick the bottle on the IO , I loss a tiny bit but nothing to worry about . What version Iolite you got , mine is the newer one ( solid heat pin )

vape4health,

vape4health

Maybe the tips are just a tiny bit different , or the tip on the vector can is different . The can of vector have , if I look into the nozzle I can see a ledge , the refill tip on the iolite will slide inside the nozzle of the vector untill it rest against that ledge . It dont "seal" but if I hold the can just right it does work .

vape4health,

yolky

Hey Vape4health, just wanted to reinforce this notion .... I ONLY will use Colibri or Vector. I wouldn't trust anything else. Also, I have the newer version of the IOLITE with the permanent heat pin and use Vector (duh). I have been able to load the butane in my IOLITE without the use of those red tips that the can came with. At the very end, there is over-spray but that is to be expected. I also want to stress to you that before EVERY refill of butane, purge the shit out of the nozzle on the IOLITE of any remaining butane/air. It honestly will take about 3 minutes in total to get it completely drained. You can't just put pressure on the valve either for 3 minutes straight. You have to release the pressure out little by little. Hope that makes sense.

yolky,

vape4health

No problem willieR , I dont post too much cause I cant spell :lol: Sucks but true .

yolky , I do purge it , and the only reason I would use ronson is if it was ronson in the iolite or rolling papers . I can always buy another IO if it gets jacked from shit fuel , not to sounds like a rich dick or something but I had it for a mounth and its paid for it self , probly a couple times , so its money well spent . Plus I can breath again , like for real full lungs , no more weezing at night .

Why dont someone make a filter that would go in between the butane can and the device , I dont know all that much about butane but it seams like it could work . That way you dont gunk up the filter inside the Iolite :2c:

vape4health,

shotgunwilly

ok willieR, sorry i took so long, kids got swine flu... and im starting down with it...ugh!... the tip was #5... but that said, it doesnt take long for the filling nozzle to eat the shit out of the little plastic tip and before long, even though the little red nozzle is on there, it doesnt really matter because the hole size will increase... but, i leave it on for good measure... hope that helps.... izeus, still no luck?

shotgunwilly,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Thanks SGW! I'll try on the #5

You and the kids have H1N1? Really? Feel better!

willieR,

willieR

Been here since 2009
vape4health said:
Why dont someone make a filter that would go in between the butane can and the device , I dont know all that much about butane but it seams like it could work . That way you dont gunk up the filter inside the Iolite :2c:
I would say that's what Vector has already done, then put it in a can

willieR,

max

Out to lunch
willieR said:
What's the difference? The sticky labels?
That's it. No bubbles or whatever they're supposed to be. I don't like the bubbles/circles, but certainly wouldn't buy another just to get a different look. The labels are easy to remove. Takes away slightly from the heat insulation the label provides, but it's no big deal IMO.

max,

yolky

Sup Indigal.... I have the black IOLite like you do... I agree, this new "sticky label" does look more slick and discreet.

yolky,
Top Bottom