max

Out to lunch
Bubonic said:
I know you touched on this in a previous quote but is there any more updates and when the new units will actually be out?
Posted about an hour ago-

"Hi Folks,

Just to clarify. The beta model is not a new vaporiser. Any changes we make will be just running changes to the existing vaporiser. Both iolite and the i-inhale are the exact same units. No dififference at all.
The beta model is only just a slight modification to the existing model that is on the market. We are currently doing more tests with the beta models before we go ahead with any changes.

All the best
The Team @ iolite
"

You can pretty much convert the orginal to the beta model by removing the bottom screen. Then there's no need to ever remove the heating pin. As he said-"just a slight modification to the existing model".

max,

CapnVape

Clear_Dome said:
contact them directly please ,by phone or what ever
Good luck to anyone trying to get help from the i-inhale/iolite people. I've been trying for over a week with no response. This isn't even bad customer service, it's non-existent.

I hope this doesn't sound like some kind of vendetta, I'm just a wee bit upset at possibly losing $250 on a product that doesn't work properly and the company that makes it doesn't seem interested in helping me.

If I don't hear from them by the end of this week, I think I'm done with my II and O&B. They need to hire their own Stonemonkey55 to run there customer service department. Hell, I figure they have a crash test dummy handling their Customer service based on my results.

:peace:

CapnVape,

CalBears24

lwien said:
CalBears24 said:
btw, this forum is awesome.
Whiskey, is this you? If so, welcome. There's enough vape info here to keep you reading till your eyeballs bleed. Enjoy.
Sorry, lwien, not Whiskey, just another student at Cal :p
Midterms and papers this week, will try out the I-i at the end, to celebrate.

Hmm, seems like nobody can get a hold of these O&B guys. Maybe it's because they're going through with all these name changes, and changed their emails and domains? Has anybody actually called them?

CalBears24,

lwien

CalBears24 said:
lwien said:
CalBears24 said:
btw, this forum is awesome.
Whiskey, is this you? If so, welcome. There's enough vape info here to keep you reading till your eyeballs bleed. Enjoy.
Sorry, lwien, not Whiskey, just another student at Cal :p
Midterms and papers this week, will try out the I-i at the end, to celebrate.

Hmm, seems like nobody can get a hold of these O&B guys. Maybe it's because they're going through with all these name changes, and changed their emails and domains? Has anybody actually called them?
SC alumni here (you guys have given us fits every once in awhile.....lol).

Man, there sure seems to be a rash of unresponsive vape and grinder mfgs/retailers lately. Their business acumen really gets tested when the economy starts heading south.

lwien,

The_Algebraist

Yes, I hear you. Weirdly long "order processing" times, no return calls, no emails etc etc.... i mean come on, why do these folks have to reinforce the stereotype of the flakey stoner? If this continues I vote that a few of us band together and open up the ultimate online vapor store!

Like an online vapor store that will list hours you can call and someone will either answer your call or call you back. I have called so many places and it just rings and rings and their website CLEARLY states that someone is there between this and that hour to take calls or answer emails. WTF??!!

an online vapor/accessories store that does NOT have a multi day "processing" period.if you order it before a certain time that shit should ship out THAT day.

an online vapor store that actually provides excellent customer service.

um, and I'm kind of serious. if someone else wants to talk further let's chat. swing me an email....

lwien said:
Man, there sure seems to be a rash of unresponsive vape and grinder mfgs/retailers lately. Their business acumen really gets tested when the economy starts heading south.

The_Algebraist,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
O&B (II manufacturer) is a publicly traded company on the Irish Stock Exchange and has been around since 1989. They have been manufacturing hand held butane powered torches, soldering irons and glue guns, among other things. They are a legitimate company with an established mainstream (not paraphernalia) product and business model. I've never dealt with them outside of the Iolite before, so I cannot attest to their established customer service. The person showing up here as an O&B representative is probably one of the principal partners, as his last name is the same as the first name of the company (O for Oglesby).

I say all this to lend a little perspective. Dealing with the owner of a company will almost always delay response times, as opposed to what MagicFlight did here by sending one of their employees who can devote more time to our questions/concerns. I think O&B could benefit greatly by doing the same. Also, and this is just speculation as I have never spoken with the owner, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this product is somewhat of a pet project for someone there who likes mj. This would relegate servicing this product to the back of the line compared to their long-established business needs.

With regard to the name change, O&B was ordered by the California Courts to quit using the I-Inhale name due to copyright infringement on a company named Inhale, Inc.

BTW, none of this is inside information, but rather the result of about 15 minutes of digging around online.

I hope they get more responsive to their customer needs, as I absolutely love the product. I expect problems with new-to-market products (although I have had none with my II yet). My Extreme has had several problems in the last year as I was an early adopter. The difference is that Arizer went way beyond any expectations I had regarding customer service.

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
You can always contact them by phone and they reply for sure.....Obviously they weren't prepared to face all this issues and popularity for they are new to the vape market...and our high demanding comunication.....i've got a gas torch that work perfectly and i never ask anything about that....so you can imagine the differences dealing with stoners like us.... more staff needed for sure btw!

marcuss,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I've spent a lot of road time with the I-inhale, and for what its worth, I'd like to share some things that worked for me. YMMV

I warmed the unit with the defroster on high, especially after fueling, before lighting. It REALLY helps.

A pill carrier like those that attach to your key ring (Walgreens, Payless, etc) make a very nice container for material. A big bullet shell with a tiny cork would be ideal.

Just my opinion: I find it best to pull over to load, if alone.

I'm a paranoid type of guy, so I cut the labels off of the black case (my labels were sewn on, not glued). Now it looks just like my portable hard drive (WD Passport).

Just like the fellow on the Youtube video, sometimes I hold it to my ear as if it were a cell phone. To date, no one has called me on it.

Shoot, I guess I didn't have too much to post. Overall, I am still VERY pleased with my toy.

TTFN

macbill,

CalBears24

macbill said:
I warmed the unit with the defroster on high, especially after fueling, before lighting. It REALLY helps.
TTFN
Many thanks for the tips, macbill. I just bought one, but due to workload, I haven't been able to try it out yet. I have been able to spend my time on forums like these researching the hell out of it though :lol:

Could you elaborate on that point you made above? ^ thanks

CalBears24,

smokeandskate

i just pick one up but my question is after i turn mine off, it still makes the noise of shooting butane for about 2 or 3 seconds and then it stops and then it does it again and then stops and so on but i think its done for good now. is this something that happens on your guys aswell i figure it just did that to cool off or something

smokeandskate,

HiC

Just a couple quick questions, guys. Would it be completely stupid of me to pass up an offer on an I-Inhale for $180 shipped? I really wanted to read around some more on this board before I make a purchase (haven't even caught up with this thread yet) but I might just have to jump on this opportunity while it lasts. Maybe even mentioning this here is a dumb idea, I dunno. :uhoh: Also, someone mentioned Neon brand butane which is the kind I use to fill up my stick lighter. Do you think it's too cheap to use in an I-I? It says "ultra refined" on the can but it is pretty cheap. Finally, how fast do people go through butane with this thing? Perhaps that question's been answered already, sorry. Like I said, I haven't finished sifting through these threads yet.

HiC,

max

Out to lunch
smokeandskate said:
after i turn mine off, it still makes the noise of shooting butane for about 2 or 3 seconds and then it stops and then it does it again and then stops and so on
That's normal operation.

HiC said:
Would it be completely stupid of me to pass up an offer on an I-Inhale for $180 shipped?
Well, that's a great price for a $250 stealth portable. I've seen a few go cheaper on eBay (from UK sellers-yes even with shipping to the US), but not lately.

Maybe even mentioning this here is a dumb idea, I dunno.
I think "completely stupid" should cover it. Just kidding. :lol:

It says "ultra refined" on the can
Never heard of Neon. If it is ultra refined it should do OK, although I'd look for a name brand like Colibri, Newport, etc.

how fast do people go through butane with this thing?
Depends on how much you use it. If it's full it's supposed to be good for 2 hours of use. I've never timed it.

max,

smokeandskate

HiC

i cant say much because i just got mine like an hour ago but i had no herbs left so i scrounged my grinder for whatever i could it was very very very little and i just had to try it anyways, well that little bit did get me somewhat faded and im sorta liking this toy so i cant wait to try a full real session. the price did turn me off so if you can get it for 180 thats awesome

Also i want to get some silicone tubing for my iinhale. whats the best kind and size i need and where might i be able to buy it locally or order it

smokeandskate,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I found tubing at Home Depot, but any similar will do. I just took the loading chamber/mouthpiece in and found what worked. $5 or 6 bucks buys you enough for many uses.

macbill,

CalBears24

I have a lot of silicone tubing, that I picked up. Originally was a tubing for a fish gravel siphon thing, but it was brand new, and I soaked it in very hot water for a long time, multiple times. Not sure how long I should cut it for the I-Inhale, though. Any suggestions? I've heard 6", 10", 12".....

CalBears24,

HiC

Well, I went ahead and got it. :D Thanks for helping me see the light, guys. I'll probably pick up a PD too when they're available again. Who knows, maybe the I-I will be sufficient for all my vaping needs. I can't wait to take a nice long vapwalk through the neighborhood and nearby nature trails. Gotta get my exercise!

HiC,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Some people like 2 feet. Some like 6 inches, especially for walking around. It will be fun to experiment. Mine I generally use about a 4 inch piece of clear tubing, but my material is very dry and has less of a stream of water vapor (steam! Hot!!) that is associated with a more moist product. I find the I-inhale easy to hold in my hand or jean pocket, and doesn't seem awkward to me.

For some, the length of the tubing is directly related to amount of moisture content. The more moist your particular herbal matter is, longer tubing may provide some cooling properties. Others point out that sipping on the tubing as if you were trying to draw air slowly though a cocktail straw provides enough time to cool the steamy vapor, and get rich, meaningful lung fulls of herbal goodness.

So I guess its just practice, practice, practice. Seek, and ye shall get toasted.......

macbill,

max

Out to lunch
I found tubing at Home Depot, but any similar will do.
I see this Home Depot tubing mentioned once in a while. I don't know what it is, but you should make sure it's at least food grade.

max,

smokeandskate

i feel like im not getting that much vapor showing when i exhale. i know when you vape its less but this just seems like nothing or close to nothing.

smokeandskate,

marcuss

above the clouds
smokeandskate said:
i feel like im not getting that much vapor showing when i exhale. i know when you vape its less but this just seems like nothing or close to nothing.
some kind of plant material is less foggy than others, try changing strain....how long do you warm up before the first hit?

marcuss,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
smokeandskate said:
I usually get tons of visible vapor, but with the strain I have currently it's very minimal, but the herb still fucks me up and taste oh so good. So visible vapor is not always needed. :)

buddhaholic420,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
CalBears24 said:
macbill said:
TTFN
Many thanks for the tips, macbill. I just bought one, but due to workload, I haven't been able to try it out yet. I have been able to spend my time on forums like these researching the hell out of it though :lol:

Could you elaborate on that point you made above? ^ thanks
Many folk find it easier to ignite the I-inhale if the unit itself is warmed up a bit.

macbill,

smokeandskate

marcuss said:
smokeandskate said:
some kind of plant material is less foggy than others, try changing strain....how long do you warm up before the first hit?
well so far normal operation for me has been

flip on the gas, and ignite
Start loading the bowl and then put it back on the device.
then once the orange light turns off start hitting it

whats the best way to go about using this thing step by step. also should i hit it when the it does its random burt of butane in the middle of each session.

smokeandskate,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
smokeandskate said:
marcuss said:
smokeandskate said:
well so far normal operation for me has been

flip on the gas, and ignite
Start loading the bowl and then put it back on the device.
then once the orange light turns off start hitting it

whats the best way to go about using this thing step by step. also should i hit it when the it does its random burt of butane in the middle of each session.
Load it before turning it on.

buddhaholic420,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
smokeandskate said:
When I first got my unit, I thought that it was malfunctioning. Looking back, I think I was just impatient and I had not yet read all the excellent tips found on this forum. Also, my understanding of at what temperatures different components of herb gasify was practically non-existent.

Try different types of herb, if you can. Is your material pretty much dried? Moist material has to lose moisture vapor. Load it, and turn it on. Try timing a good 3 minutes of wait time prior to seriously working it. If you have removed the condenser piece for easier draw (I have), try sipping on the tubing or mouthpiece as if it were one of those tiny cocktail straws - slow and easy - don't try to suck up all the air in the room at once. Hopefully that will make a big difference for you. Many have pointed out that a tubing extension will make your vaping experience a little cooler.

Ultimately, its how you feel. Do you have an illegal smile? It's working.

macbill,
Top Bottom