Introducing the Linx Hypnos Zero!!

E. A. Ridgill

Manufacturer
Hello again FC forum members,

My name is Eddie Ridgill, I represent Linx Vapor, a Los Angeles based vaporizer company with a primary focus on concentrate vaporizers. Our newest vaporizer is the
Linx Hypnos Zero. This wax vaporizer the same size as the original Linx Hypnos (14 mm diameter x 100 mm length) in size, and is constructed from fully medical grade materials which include 2 glass mouthpieces. The Hypnos Zero is equipped with an innovative ceramic plate atomizer, maximizing taste by eliminating coils. This allows the Zero to provide the cleanest taste possible, even while on the go. The Hypnos Zero also offers the 4 variable temperature settings that made the original so unique.

Zero%201_zps0vrii1po.jpg

Zero%202_zpsisord0e7.jpg

Zero%203_zpsgtaahrql.jpg

We will be offering 10% off to all FC Members, simply use the coupon code below.
Use coupon code: LINXFC10. Coupon expires 3/31/16

We here at Linx Vapor are very pleased with the Hypnos, it offers the best in style and performance.
We believe that the Linx Zero is a true game changer, producing amazing flavor in the same sleek design.

See for yourself, visit www.Linxvapor.com for more details.

Thanks and Enjoy

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I received the Zero as an unsolicited free review unit. I don't consider myself to be an expert in pens, but I've been around the block with some good products, including the W9 and VB units. I don't sell the Zero, so I have no skin in this game.
____________________________________________________________________________________

I used mine for the first time this weekend and really enjoyed it. The plate takes longer to heat up than the coil, of course, but it tastes great. But I also thought the first unit with the coil atomizer tasted great. With that unit I only got to use it a few times with the remains of some really bad tasting product, and it tasted surprisingly neutral in it. I won't be able to do a true comparison of the two units since the first one is stained with that bad stuff...wouldn't be fair. But this Zero got broken in with some very good stuff and it tasted divine.

Two things I really like about this one are the edge of the atomizer and the ergonomics. The atomizer is easy to load with it's tapered edge. Everything seems to get in with less mess than my other pens.

I really love the look and feel. I think I said it in the other thread, but it's a classy little pen that feels and looks great and is very unobtrusive. The design drew me in quickly and it is my favorite pen to grab. You guys probably know I'm not a heavy concentrate user, so take that into account. I can't speak to its durability, longevity, or how it holds up under heavy use. But for someone like me who just needs one for the occasional festival or show, it's a winner.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
75 dollars is a lot to spend for what you get imo..

@E. A. Ridgill Have you guys considered making 510 attachments for existing box mods and such.

Although 25/40 is pretty steep for an atomizer as well.

E. A. Ridgill

Manufacturer
The Hypnos Zero is 510. The Hypnos Zero is also completely compatible with the original Linx Hypnos.

E. A. Ridgill,

E. A. Ridgill

Manufacturer
Ah, IC. I will pass this suggestion up the line. Thanks for your input paytonpenn! If you have any other suggestions, keep them coming. Maybe we can have you beta test our next model ;)

Last edited:
E. A. Ridgill,

AVENTUS

First of all thanks to Eddie and Tim at Linx for sending me a ZERO to beta test. You guys really made somethin special with the original Hypnos.

It had zero plasticky/chemical smells whatsoever, and produced very very tasty, low temp, ghost vapor hits on its blue heat setting, that still got me very medicated.

When I first got my zero, it had a smell my original Hypnos never ever had at all. It had a .... Gulp ...... Grenco smell.

Linx should check whatever source their original ceramic was from and make sure 100% to use that ceramic on their zero atomizer's otherwise they will not see as much brand loyalty from consumers, as they could, if they do make sure all these flaws are taken care of.

The entire cannabis community is moving towards healthy alternatives, and rapidly. Other pen companies smelled plasticky and my first Hypnos didn't at all. The zero did. Maybe my zero atomizer was made with a batch of "ceramic" which had a greater amount of polymer-filler added to "stretch/cut" the real ceramic more ?

I loved the first original Hypnos I got:

1. super low temps on blue heat setting with very little visible vapor from 4-5sec draw
2. huge free airflow
3. no plastic or chemical taste whatsoever
4. Perfect machining/craftsmanship/alignment
5. No leaks

Only downsides were the battery didn't click off when pressed five times (which Linx fixed for all new models), and that a single coil atomizer was less efficient and higher/harder maintenance that a disc/donut atomizer. (which the zero atomizer solved)

However, other changes happened too that weren't as good as the original hypnos:
1. Even blue heat made more visible/harsher vapor
2. Airflow more restricted by less holes in filter section
3. Plastic/chemical smell/taste
4. Atomizer battery post not aligned properly and atomizer edge machined roughly
5. Leaking of concentrate to battery

I hope you guys didn't cheap it out dreaming for higher margins, when you have potential to be the number one concentrate pen on the market, for all the growing number of health conscious concentrate users out there.

All we wanted was the original Hypnos with all its same superior quality, but with five click battery off, and with a plate at the bottom of the atomizer instead of a coil.

Well we got the plate and 5-click off, but in conjunction with cheaper materials and worse airflow and that's not cool. Y'all need to get this right so you can outsell dr Dabber aura and Kandypens donuts, before the Quartz donuts 2 drops. Get it right EDDIE ! Check your material sources and hold them to the same standards of the original Hypnos !!!!! Switch back to the original factory if you switched factories. You have such a bright future if you get this right on the zero.

E. A. Ridgill

Manufacturer
Aventus,
Thanks for your feedback on the Beta unit we sent you. The issues you have raised in your review maybe accurate of the Beta model and we have made many improvements after taking into consideration feedback from you as well as a few groups of our other Beta testers. We have implemented higher quality standards for the Zero as well as the Hypnos that align with the Linx Vapor Brand. We have made many upgrades to the technology of the Zero. The materials and construction quality match that of the Hypnos.

Although we do appreciate your review and feedback, please keep in mind that a Beta version by its definition is a test model, one that is usually improved upon.
Thanks for your help Aventus

JiggyJack

We have implemented higher quality standards for the Zero as well as the Hypnos that align with the Linx Vapor Brand. We have made many upgrades to the technology of the Zero. The materials and construction quality match that of the Hypnos.

@E. A. Ridgill I'm glad to hear @AVENTUS's beta unit is not representative of the final product.

Can you tell me when are pre-orders scheduled to start shipping? Also, did you ever find out the answer to @EnemyLemon's question?

I haven't been able to locate any battery design information on your site. Could you provide a bit of detail on your battery design and material sourcing?

Hi EnemyLemon,
I will need to get back to you on with the battery information. I will let you know as soon as I find out.
Thanks for supporting Linx Vapor. Hopefully soon we can get you to change your picture from the Fire Fly to the Linx Hypnos Zero :)

JiggyJack,
Reactions: RxPlorer

JiggyJack

Sorry Mods for the double post
Hi JiggyJack,
-Yes, the 100mm is including the mouthpiece.

@E. A. Ridgill I'm really pissed. I specifically asked if the 100 mm length included the mouthpiece. You said it did. It does not. I just got mine and measured it and the total length with the mouthpiece is 108 mm. Maybe 8 mm is not a lot but it is enough that the case I planned to use will not work. I would not have ordered this had I known the true dimensions. I will be emailing for your return process.

It really is a beautiful device and seems very well made and I wish I could give it a try before sending it back. But even more I wish I had the other pen I was going to order instead so I would have something to use this weekend.

RRRGGHHH!
:cuss:

JiggyJack,

reskey

About loading, If you load too much in this pen? It tends to clog the air holes, but unclogging hasn't required much effort. Just some heat from the button and toke till it flows air. The ceramic plate sits above the floor of the atomizer, and you want the plate slightly covered with melted wax. That takes around a .1. At about .15 some occasional lite clogging is happening. So between .1 and .15 for an initial load. And its a guess as to whatever a maintenance load requires?

AVENTUS

yeah I try to never load more than .1g, and cosign always melting the load evenly into the atomizer before hitting. I'm still using the filter sections from my first OG Coil-based hypnos, on the zero, and beta zero atomizer, since their airflow is much much better than the new filter sections they came with.

TanukiCoast

Fogbound
So after 14 days of use the ZERO is still going strong and I'm very happy with it's performance, I'll just give a short summary of the things I like best and some ideas for accessories I'd like to see. First off the taste preservation is greatly improved over coiled pens I've used, even on the higher temps the taste is notably cleaner. The battery lasts me 3+ sessions passing between 3 people, the batts charge very fast, about 2 hours which is a great improvement on several other pens I've owned. The chamber is deep and has a nice wide funnel shaped opening making loading a breeze(I sound like a car salesman don't I? :mental: ) , The mouthpiece is also well designed with the filter portion keeping the concentrate where it belongs. I think a good idea would be to have different mouthpiece materials, like ceramic, quartz, stone maybe? Another idea is to have some kind of slip on cover for the unit to protect the finish and the glass mouthpiece in your pocket. So to sum up, this is my favorite pen to date and the fifth in my collection, I'd suggest this to a friend without reservation. :sherlock:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
A Zero reached my home 2 weeks ago.....

It's a very small and stealth wax vape pen, smaller than anything else i already tried. I like the glass mp and the overall look.

Atty is a ceramic plate and battery seems a bit outdated, there is 4 settings avalaible. This sort of atty is completly new for me but seems very similar to a donut atty.

After a full charge, I placed a decent glob of shatter on the cup at lower setting.....got a nice taste but no visible vapor, at green setting there was a very whispy cloud, a little bit thicker at yellow (still small) and red. Although I was drawing slowly for a long time to get decent vapor.

For me it's definitly a pen made for taste but not for clouds and efficiency....and even for taste it doesn't break 2 pony legs...imho. And it's harsh for the troath, even without big clouds.

I know some guys reported better experience...the unit I spoke about is the second I received since the first one was defective (battery and atty!) but promptly replaced by Ridgill.

Here a pic of the Zero near of its main competitor, the Evolve:
nf3Rtho.jpg

Sometimes it's painfull to be a tester, I would prefer to post a glowing review but I think this pen might be better if able to produce thicker smooth clouds. Definitly something is wrong with this vape!

AngryJon

I just got my Hypnos Linx Zero, and I agree it doesn't produce clouds like the Evolve, but I also liked how it presented flavorwise, and I'm definitely feeling my shatter (which has physically disappeared from the atomizer), so in a way I kind of consider that a plus in a portable. Seems less offensive/noticeable to those around me. For reference I have only used it at the red temperature setting.

Also, my first thought on opening the Zero was that it is a device with a bit of class to it. It looks and feels the way a device I might have in my every day carry should look and feel. The Evolve looks and feels like a regular pen vape.

Anyway, actually popped in to say I was pretty happy with mine. So, you know, I think the Hypnos Linx Zero is cool stuff.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi guys, I want to update my experience/review with the Linx Zero.

With more practice I'm able to get thicker clouds at max setting, nothing crazy but satisfying enough. If there is too much concentrate in the atty you get difficulties to get more than a whispy clouds but tasty, sure. If not enough loaded there is nothing on the disc and you don't get good results too. If loaded perfectly (a tiny amount on the disc) you can get nice clouds with a +10s draw (it's long, not really nice for stealth and need frequent reload).

I'll try the atty on a mod or VV:VW battery to check if it is able of better performances.

And I dig the look of the atty, very sleek!

First of all thanks to Eddie and Tim at Linx for sending me a ZERO to beta test. You guys really made somethin special with the original Hypnos.

It had zero plasticky/chemical smells whatsoever, and produced very very tasty, low temp, ghost vapor hits on its blue heat setting, that still got me very medicated.

When I first got my zero, it had a smell my original Hypnos never ever had at all. It had a .... Gulp ...... Grenco smell.

Linx should check whatever source their original ceramic was from and make sure 100% to use that ceramic on their zero atomizer's otherwise they will not see as much brand loyalty from consumers, as they could, if they do make sure all these flaws are taken care of.

The entire cannabis community is moving towards healthy alternatives, and rapidly. Other pen companies smelled plasticky and my first Hypnos didn't at all. The zero did. Maybe my zero atomizer was made with a batch of "ceramic" which had a greater amount of polymer-filler added to "stretch/cut" the real ceramic more ?

I loved the first original Hypnos I got:

1. super low temps on blue heat setting with very little visible vapor from 4-5sec draw
2. huge free airflow
3. no plastic or chemical taste whatsoever
4. Perfect machining/craftsmanship/alignment
5. No leaks

Only downsides were the battery didn't click off when pressed five times (which Linx fixed for all new models), and that a single coil atomizer was less efficient and higher/harder maintenance that a disc/donut atomizer. (which the zero atomizer solved)

However, other changes happened too that weren't as good as the original hypnos:
1. Even blue heat made more visible/harsher vapor
2. Airflow more restricted by less holes in filter section
3. Plastic/chemical smell/taste
4. Atomizer battery post not aligned properly and atomizer edge machined roughly
5. Leaking of concentrate to battery

I hope you guys didn't cheap it out dreaming for higher margins, when you have potential to be the number one concentrate pen on the market, for all the growing number of health conscious concentrate users out there.

All we wanted was the original Hypnos with all its same superior quality, but with five click battery off, and with a plate at the bottom of the atomizer instead of a coil.

Well we got the plate and 5-click off, but in conjunction with cheaper materials and worse airflow and that's not cool. Y'all need to get this right so you can outsell dr Dabber aura and Kandypens donuts, before the Quartz donuts 2 drops. Get it right EDDIE ! Check your material sources and hold them to the same standards of the original Hypnos !!!!! Switch back to the original factory if you switched factories. You have such a bright future if you get this right on the zero.

I have to say I completely agree. The taste as well as the airflow are much better with the original hypnos. The taste I was getting is the reason I bought the zero. It reminds me of my crappy atmos alittle. I am in disbelief that the same materials are used in both pens. Or maybe I got the beta model. The airflow seems to be around 60% of the hypnos. I am very puzzled now they screwed that up. Honestly I am thinking of seeing if they would be willing to return or exchange.

VapeorDie420,

daverus

Here is my review of the Hypnos Zero with ceramic dish.

I ordered 10 units to do a test run in my store. 2 of the 10 were defective DOA, 2 came back returned in less then 2 weeks with users reporting the unit would not charge anymore.

They claim to be medical grade components, but it screams of china all over it. None of the glass mouth pieces were aligned properly.

As far as performance goes, it is decent. I think there is better performance from a couple other pens out on the market. It is super small, like almost too small. It consistently falls out of my pocket and I lose it all the time, however it is insanely stealthy for that reason. You can get decent sized clouds from this thing, and it does hit pretty hard for a portable.

Battery life is pretty decent, I was able to get almost a full days use out of it, and it charges pretty quickly.

The best part of the unit is by far the ceramic dish. Very easy to load concentrates, with very little if any cleaning necessary. I really see this as the best feature of the unit, but im sure everyone else will knock it off eventually.

Overall, the unit, when working is a decent portable device - but keep in mind out of the 10 i purchased 4 were defective.

shamanstar

I just ordered the Zero so we will see how it goes. I am currently using the Puffco Pro and am intrigued by the plate atomizer. I don't like digging around the rod to clean or properly place the wax and I am hoping that the plate will be better.

reskey

I ended up throwing mine away after multiple issues. I even bought another atomizer thinking that was the problem, but no workey. I had already received a replacement battery charger from customer service, and that didn't lightup the second time I used it.

I don't call the vapor this unit produces even a cloud, pitiful, but I will admit the taste was great.

reskey,

JiggyJack

Despite the fact that @E. A. Ridgill seems to have dropped off the face of the earth without responding to fellow FCer questions nor acknowledging that the size is not as advertised, I am loving my zero. Works great, easy to clean, does the job.

shamanstar

I just received mine and tried it out. I like it. I got some nice hits from it. It was easy to pull and the taste was good. I am hoping the ceramic plate makes it easier to keep clean. I had been using the Puffco Pro before this. That one can be a tough pull and my lungs are already weak so it is nice that the Zero is easy to pull a hit from.

shamanstar,

JiggyJack

I am hoping the ceramic plate makes it easier to keep clean.

I'm new to concentrates so even working with them to get them in the pen is a challenge. I ended up getting the disc all charcoaly and burnt tasting. I did the burn off at high temp then soaked it in 91% ISO (shaken every so often and submerged in hot water) for about 4 hours and it really came out practically new. Once I added some new concentrate it tasted like the first time. I'm hoping it can last a long time.

Top Bottom