• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Introducing the Linx Hypnos Zero!!

shamanstar

I'm new to concentrates so even working with them to get them in the pen is a challenge. I ended up getting the disc all charcoaly and burnt tasting. I did the burn off at high temp then soaked it in 91% ISO (shaken every so often and submerged in hot water) for about 4 hours and it really came out practically new. Once I added some new concentrate it tasted like the first time. I'm hoping it can last a long time.
Can you submerge the whole atomizer?

shamanstar,

AVENTUS

I've soaked my Linx atomizers in 99% ISO many times, and scrubbed them with tiny eye shadow sponges soaked in ISO (not q-tips which can leave fibers behind) and they always came totally clean, and worked perfectly after.

If there are any black spots Iso+sponge can't scrub off, simply wait until all iso evaporates off (I usually wait 48hours at least), and dry fire for a cycle or two on red heat setting. That should burn the stain right off the ceramic.

AVENTUS,

JiggyJack

So today my Hypnos died. :ugh:

Sent an email to Linx and got an email back about warranty replacement within minutes. Sent them a video showing them what it wasn't doing and they said they will ship a replacement out with a return shipping label for the defective unit.

I am very surprised by how much I already miss this unit. I have really come to rely on it for it's quick convenience. I only have to load it every 2-3 weeks and it is always ready to go when I need a quick dose. I hope they ship express.

Iamlarrytoo

That is amazing Jack! I have to load mine a little more than every 2-3 week. Maybe I have a defective unit, or my tolerance is defective.

Lar

AVENTUS

That is amazing Jack! I have to load mine a little more than every 2-3 week. Maybe I have a defective unit, or my tolerance is defective.

Lar
haha.

I feel like concentrates arent now just for people with defunct tolerances, Lar ! Everyone loves concentrates !

I try to maintain as small a required dosage as possible when medicating, in general.

AVENTUS,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well it's been a while since I felt the urge to buy a new toy... just ordered a Linx Zero today. I read over many reviews and have a bit of concern for how many have been defective, but I guess it's always going to be run of the luck with pre-fab china made gear. I am hoping I get a good one, of course. Should be here in a few daze. I'll press up some rosin and give it a good run through. :)

JiggyJack

Can you submerge the whole atomizer?

This is what I got from Linx customer support:

"Immersing only the atomiser in isopropyl alcohol to soak will work just fine! Here are a few other methods of cleaning the Hypnos atomiser: ..."

And now they are saying don't...

So do I get some new ones if mine crap out because I followed their instructions?

JiggyJack,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So far my zero is working great, I like how easy it is to clean up. It works just as advertised. So far it's got my :tup:.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
So far my zero is working great, I like how easy it is to clean up. It works just as advertised. So far it's got my :tup:.
I don't get a lot of CC to play with but the zero disappoint me about the lack of clouds even at higher setting and lower settings even don't vaporize at all. Although it tastes pretty nice for a vape pen. And the battery is very short in life but it is very small.

Glad you enjoy it!

PPN,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I get good tasting but visible light vapor (rosin loaded in chamber) on my lowest (blue) setting, 2 or 3 rips then I feel I need to bump it higher. I do get excellent vapor on my high setting but it starts to taste scorched, so I only use this setting at the very end of a load to finish it off.

There still seems to be questionable QC going on with all these china made pens, even when they are designed well, with better materials, there is still the chance of some working better than others, or showing up DOA etc. I haven't put this thing through any real world use yet, just been using it here at my desk so I've had a chance to get a good look at how it's behaving on each setting and how long my loads last.

I will complain about the cut off actually turning the unit off if you time out on the hit, that's a little annoying having to do 5 clicks between every hit if I go a bit too long on the draw. Also,that they designed the collar on the bottom of the atomizer to drop about a mm longer than a standard ego, so it won't make contact with any of my spare ego style batteries. I seem to be limited to using it with only the stock battery, which I was hoping would be the opposite. I have a lot of ego bats laying around collecting dust.

AVENTUS

the zero disappoint me about the lack of clouds even at higher setting and lower settings even don't vaporize at all. Although it tastes pretty nice for a vape pen.
red runs 650+ so I highly doubt you're not getting clouds on red.

And at blue and green it is vaporizing ! Just not combusting AT ALL.

On blue it might take 4-5 full 15-second hits to get medicated (or more depending on how huge your tolerance is) but keep taking long hits on blue and you will feel the results, without having to cough or inhale carcinogens like higher temp pens.

AVENTUS,
Reactions: PPN

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I found on the lowest settings (blue and green) I need to give it about 5 seconds to warm up before I even try to draw air through. I can hear it start to sizzle a little and it's ready but if you rush the hit and just push button while inhaling you might not get very good results. Just been my experience with it so far. If I hold it on let it warm and then start to draw, I usually also let go and press the button over again to avoid the reset.

jambandphan03,

NimbusVapor

Just got one of these and I must say I truly am impressed, this isnt your average run of the mill re-brand, you can tell some thought when into this one....

I have only got to spend a couple days with it so far but I must say this pay is either highly underrated or people just don't know about them yet.

In terms of efficiency , this one is as close to a game changer that I have seen / used in a while.

Update to come once I get to know it a little better....

NimbusVapor,

AVENTUS

In terms of efficiency , this one is as close to a game changer that I have seen / used in a while.
i think the fact that it has a fast cool-down on its lower two temps prevents any lost vapor after we pull a pen away.

new PUFFCO+ Isn't as efficient because it stays hot even after it turns off, and you almost need to hit it while it cools down for 5-10sec to catch all the vapor and not waste any.

So that's how I hit my PUFFCO+ now, I do green heat on for the full 8-second auto shutoff then keep inhaling for another 8seconds as it cools down.

With the Linx, I would take say 5 full 15 second hits on blue, or 4-5 10 second hits on green, and be medicated, and then check my atomizer, and expect to have put a dent in the amount used, and I am alwasy shocked by how much is left. I alwasy get way more sessions per 0.1g on my Linx than any other pen I have tried (including Kandypens Gravity/Galaxy/donuts, dr dabber aura/aurora, and puffco+)

I hope their next step with this one is a slightly wider ceramic disc, or one piece chamber, and airflow in the filter section similar to the first gen Hypnos. The form factor is already perfect.

I found on the lowest settings (blue and green) I need to give it about 5 seconds to warm up before I even try to draw air through. I can hear it start to sizzle a little and it's ready but if you rush the hit and just push button while inhaling you might not get very good results. Just been my experience with it so far. If I hold it on let it warm and then start to draw, I usually also let go and press the button over again to avoid the reset.
i sort of do the same thing, as I press down the button on blue, I use the tip of my toungue to sort of cap the glass mouthpiece, while inhaling air deeply thru my nose, then exhale to make room in my lungs, (takes about 4 seconds) then I start hitting the Linx.

Perfect way to let it warm up and have enough oxygen to take that long 15second hit and then keep inhaling until the white shutoff light stops blinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
AVENTUS,

NimbusVapor

i think the fact that it has a fast cool-down on its lower two temps prevents any lost vapor after we pull a pen away.

new PUFFCO+ Isn't as efficient because it stays hot even after it turns off, and you almost need to hit it while it cools down for 5-10sec to catch all the vapor and not waste any.

So that's how I hit my PUFFCO+ now, I do green heat on for the full 8-second auto shutoff then keep inhaling for another 8seconds as it cools down.

With the Linx, I would take say 5 full 15 second hits on blue, or 4-5 10 second hits on green, and be medicated, and then check my atomizer, and expect to have put a dent in the amount used, and I am alwasy shocked by how much is left. I alwasy get way more sessions per 0.1g on my Linx than any other pen I have tried (including Kandypens Gravity/Galaxy/donuts, dr dabber aura/aurora, and puffco+)

I hope their next step with this one is a slightly wider ceramic disc, or one piece chamber, and airflow in the filter section similar to the first gen Hypnos. The form factor is already perfect.

Im loading micro loads with 8- 10 second push of the button on yellow setting that completely vape away and then I turn it on the red setting for 1 cycle to clean the disk back to new....... rinse and repeat...
no reclaim / reclaim taste and excellent cloud production( for a non combusting heating element)....

Also, it is very easy to qtip clean back to like new if you happen to overload the chamber or happen to get a little amount in the dish that wont vape.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Concentrates are back! So I gave the Linx more tests and i agree about how tasty and conservative is it with my shatter.
Im loading micro loads with 8- 10 second push of the button on yellow setting that completely vape away and then I turn it on the red setting for 1 cycle to clean the disk back to new....... rinse and repeat...
no reclaim / reclaim taste and excellent cloud production( for a non combusting heating element)....

Also, it is very easy to qtip clean back to like new if you happen to overload the chamber or happen to get a little amount in the dish that wont vape.
Thanks for the tip! I think the taste seems muted to me cause the lack of cleaning, now it's back to heaven!

Yes and it can take 10s to reach full t°, it depends the battery level also.

It's my vape of choice when I go to the restaurant and i don't want to blow out large clouds while enjoying my concentrates. It is very tasty and amazingly smooth but you can't get instant and visible clouds without sucking on it for 10-15s (it's very long if you are speaking with somebody else). Great small wax pen!

AVENTUS

Concentrates are back! So I gave the Linx more tests and i agree about how tasty and conservative is it with my shatter.

It's my vape of choice when I go to the restaurant and i don't want to blow out large clouds while enjoying my concentrates. It is very tasty and amazingly smooth but you can't get instant and visible clouds without sucking on it for 10-15s (it's very long if you are speaking with somebody else). Great small wax pen!
i feel the same way, I bring my Linx to events and restaurants regularly ! It's small elegant and looks like a classy ecig.

If I want to do a quick hit I MAY once in a blue moon go up to yellow heat, for a quick 4-5sec pull, But since the airflow is so open with the original filter section I have ... And I don't mind hitting it for longer in front of a date or server, I don't mind taking several long slow pulls for 15sec on blue to get medicated!

Last edited:

pdx3325

How hard are you all pulling on this?

I have heard advice to simply breathe (with your mouth on it, obviously) but pull air as if you were breathing - as opposed to intentionally inhaling with any force.

Is that the best option?

AVENTUS

How hard are you all pulling on this?

I have heard advice to simply breathe (with your mouth on it, obviously) but pull air as if you were breathing - as opposed to intentionally inhaling with any force.

Is that the best option?
the lower the temp, the harder I pull. If I pull softly on blue heat, I won't get as much vapor as if I pull hard.

But what I have started doing, is pulling slow for the first half on the hit, and then increasing my pull strength as the disc cools down. Which not only captures the last bit of vapor, but also helps to ensure the incoming airflow ports stay clear of re-solidifying concentrate.

Top Bottom