Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

EarthworldTim

So you're telling me I'm looking at a coin toss on if Jared fucking Kushner will be the US Secretary of State in like 13 months? Mickey Mouse ass country.
Pshhh, Bob Iger wishes. It's more like an active decay country where a living corpse like Steve Bannon can be a potential VP candidate.

EarthworldTim,
Reactions: florduh

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just in case someone might be considering a return to X, Musk goes out of his way to make certain that doesn't happen. It shouldn't be long before it is, if its not already, nothing but a fascist playground. It's hard to imagine anybody might need that big of a write off but these days, that's pretty much all X is good for. It is pretty much unusable as a social platform, unless you are a white supremacist or some other form of racist or bigot and are looking for your brethren.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

florduh

Elon's most ardent bootlickers are extremely upset that Twitter's new anti-woke ChatGPT clone isn't transphobic.

GA6aawaXgAEgtpr

florduh,

florduh

Seems like bad news. But to be fair, it's been clear for a while that world leaders have no interest in doing what needs to be done. Because they more or less exclusively come from a class that believes (probably correctly) that their wealth will insulate them from the worst of the climate horrors.

My dad likes to talk about how climate change is bullshit because OBAMA bought a beachfront house in Hawaii. "Guess he isn't too concerned about sea level rise, haha".

And I try to explain to him... the O'Bungler is a centimillionaire. His house getting washed away in a tsunami tomorrow would hurt his pocket less than a normal person breaking their phone.

Trajectory.

Seems like bad news. But to be fair, it's been clear for a while that world leaders have no interest in doing what needs to be done. Because they more or less exclusively come from a class that believes (probably correctly) that their wealth will insulate them from the worst of the climate horrors.

My dad likes to talk about how climate change is bullshit because OBAMA bought a beachfront house in Hawaii. "Guess he isn't too concerned about sea level rise, haha".

And I try to explain to him... the O'Bungler is a centimillionaire. His house getting washed away in a tsunami tomorrow would hurt his pocket less than a normal person breaking their phone.

Also, realistically, nothing these dreamers pass at COP conferences will do a damn thing. The world hasn't met any of the goals they've passed since 2015.

We're long past the goal of holding to 1.5C, which probably never was realistic in the first place. The only question is how far above 2.0C we'll go, and how soon.

florduh

If he keeps talking, they're gonna Princess Dianna him...

GBKk0gTawAAjjBW

Republicans used to have this little fascist kid named Madison Cawthorn.

Slevin-Madison-Cawthorn.jpg

He threatened to start talking about the weird sex parties Republican Congressmen engage in. They literally disappeared him. Here's the last known footage of the young man. Very sad.

mac and me falling GIF

florduh,
Reactions: macbill

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Russia has lost 87% of troops it had prior to start of Ukraine war, according to US intelligence assessment

Russia has lost a staggering 87 percent of the total number of active-duty ground troops it had prior to launching its invasion of Ukraine and two-thirds of its pre-invasion tanks, a source familiar with a declassified US intelligence assessment provided to Congress told CNN.

US agency will not reinstate $900 mln subsidy for SpaceX Starlink unit

The U.S. Federal Communications Commission on Tuesday reaffirmed its 2022 decision to deny SpaceX satellite internet unit Starlink $885.5 million in rural broadband subsidies.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

florduh

Florida & Child Labor Laws: Back to the Past
A bill that would remove all work hour restrictions on 16- and 17-year-olds — including the prohibition on overnight shifts on school nights — received lawmakers’ approval at its first committee stop over Democrats’ objections.

Reading the article will probably lead to me immediately walking to Panera to get one of their death lemonades, so I'm not gonna do it. But just seeing this blurb:

'This bill gets government out of their way to choose the path that is best for them.'

What's best for them is not working overnight shifts before going to school the next day, you disgusting vampire fucks!

Edit:

Oh, it's worse than I thought.

So in The Free State, the government demands that teachers inform parents if their teenager is gay or trans. But if your 16 year old daughter's boss is feeling her up on her overnight shift? Well, that's none of your business. This party might loves fetuses but they despise children.

Last edited:
florduh,
Reactions: macbill

florduh

"Libertarian" President Javier Milei announces a total crackdown on Argentine civil society, calling on armed forces to break strikes, arrest protestors, “protect” children from families that bring them to demonstrations, and form a new national registry of all "agitating" organizations.

florduh

Anywhere from 1300-3000 Jews were killed during the US backed military Junta in 1970's Argentina.

The US backed the Fascist régime because they were killing thousands of leftist "agitators". Pretty much the same people Milei is targeting now.

Last edited:

florduh

Trajectory.

If AI keeps solving problems like this, it may figure out how to get your wife to listen to you.

They have the right idea, sorta. Must be intensely amusing to IDF soldiers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom