Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

florduh

Now I remember moral panics surrounding the GTA games going back to my childhood. That's nothing new. But the new moral panic, fitting with the times, is much stupider.

Amazing that the "fuck your feelings" crowd who hate political correctness are now chirping like 90's era Hillary Clinton and Tipper Gore.

1701800011027-panic2.png

There's also some weird new strain of antisemite I didn't even know existed bitching about the game.

And then...there's' no easy way to say this. But GTA. It's gone woke, folks :disgust:.

The main character is female (woke/political). And brown (woke/political). Though...she is straight (not woke/not political).

But here's the thing. Dudes are gonna buy the game anyway. If having a lady character expands their market and boosts sales 2%, they're gonna do it. There's no other choice. The Line Must Go Up. The people bitching about this stuff kinda sound like dirty commies who hate the Infallible Free Market :shrug:.

GAms3jOX0AANLxP

florduh,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yup, there's always some kind of bullshit moral panic. Satanic panic, video game panic, rock music panic...and when it was their parents generation it was fucking jazz music and dancing with non-white-folk! lol. It's always something with the pious conservatives.

I'm a millennial. I hate to see what the conservative side of my generation will be panicking about in 20 years. I just know it will be equally hilarious bullshit.

florduh

Looks like effects of climate change appear gradually. And then, all at once.

The tipping points at risk include the collapse of big ice sheets in Greenland and the West Antarctic, the widespread thawing of permafrost, the death of coral reefs in warm waters, and the collapse of one oceanic current in the North Atlantic.

Turns out dad was right. If you fiddle with the thermostat too much you can break the whole dang thing.

Unlike other changes to the climate such as hotter heatwaves and heavier rainfall, these systems do not slowly shift in line with greenhouse gas emissions but can instead flip from one state to an entirely different one. When a climatic system tips – sometimes with a sudden shock – it may permanently alter the way the planet works.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Get ready. She's going to be a political force for her generation in this upcoming election. Mark my words...

cybrguy,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Swiftonomics has already saved the US economy. It's now poised to save Europe as well.

florduh,

Radwin Bodnic

It takes a _really_ special kind of hubris to think you can lead any population greater than one, yourself.
At least in a small village every one knows you and can choose to give you their trust (or not). And it's also easy for them to dismiss you if the power goes into your head.

Knewt

Knewt,

florduh

President Sean Fein continues his campaign

I'm guessing Elon isn't gonna like this

"United we bargain, divided we beg"

Last edited:

florduh

What a massive fucking L. If you're a country...under NO circumstances do you EVER give up your nukes.

Gaddafi gave up his nukes. He died getting anally raped by a bayonet.

If you're a country with no nukes, getting nukes, or maybe even just lying about having them, should be your #1 priority.

florduh,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm guessing Elon isn't gonna like this

"United we bargain, divided we beg"

And over in Sweden Elon is on the losing end,

Trajectory.

Looks like effects of climate change appear gradually. And then, all at once.

Turns out dad was right. If you fiddle with the thermostat too much you can break the whole dang thing.

Of course, we've already crossed many tipping points, and there's no going back.

florduh

Things that caused inflation:

1) Corporate Greed

2) Multinational Corporations building our entire global supply chain on nanometer thin ice, leading to a complete breakdown because of COVID

3)The Ukraine War driving up energy prices

Things that did not cause inflation:

Some poor shmuck getting a $1400 check 3 years ago.

I'll also point out that the sectors experiencing the worst inflation: housing, healthcare, and education... were all out of control in 2019 too.

Top Bottom